To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was zoning in pfresh and heard a woman angrily say, “YEAH, just keep walking!” I turned around and saw her shake her head in disgust at a fellow team member walking down the main aisle. Her indignant attitude immediately turned to embarrassment when I frowned and told her the person she was trying to talk to was a deaf team member. Granted, she didn't know, but it felt so satisfying to put her in her place.
I asked her what she needed help with and mid-question, her husband called around the corner and said he’d found the item. She walked away and a couple of seconds later I heard her say, “We were looking RIGHT at it!!! Why did you make me go find someone!?”

When I worked for DVR a store was willing to hire some deaf people but they wanted them to wear a sign to let custmers know because that way the custmers wouldn't waste their time trying to talk to them.

Politely, through gritted teeth, because we still wanted them to hire our people, we explained that what they wanted was offensive and borderline illegal.

We settled on name tags that had a note on them saying "I speak American Sign Language".

edit: it wasn't a Target store. Should have been clear on that.

Last edited:
I was zoning in pfresh and heard a woman angrily say, “YEAH, just keep walking!” I turned around and saw her shake her head in disgust at a fellow team member walking down the main aisle. Her indignant attitude immediately turned to embarrassment when I frowned and told her the person she was trying to talk to was a deaf team member. Granted, she didn't know, but it felt so satisfying to put her in her place.
I asked her what she needed help with and mid-question, her husband called around the corner and said he’d found the item. She walked away and a couple of seconds later I heard her say, “We were looking RIGHT at it!!! Why did you make me go find someone!?”

When I worked for DVR a store was willing to hire some deaf people but they wanted them to wear a sign to let custmers know because that way the custmers wouldn't waste their time trying to talk to them.

Politely, through gritted teeth, because we still wanted them to hire our people, we explained that what they wanted was offensive and borderline illegal.

We settled on name tags that had a note on them saying "I speak American Sign Language".
We had a deaf team member on price change. it worked out fine because they usually worked in a wave so there were other team members to help the guests. We were allowed to communicated with her by texting.

TTOG: no, we cannot in good conscience send your controlled medication to you via a 13 year old neighbor boy who doesn't even know your real name instead of your nickname, your address, or basically anything about you. No, we cannot mail it to you, and NO, we cannot bring it to you.

They should just use a smaller, local pharmacy. Lot of them deliver, and some walgreens' do.

To those parents who don't force their children to follow "gender rules", you're fab. to the ones who tell their children "oh that's not girly enough" "that's too girly," etc, stoppp it. An old lady was looking for minion shirts for her granddaughter and went to the boys' side of toddlers. I told her we had a girl version (the little girl was pink purple and frilly, I thought she'd like it) and she was shocked "they make it for girls? I don't think they're very girly." Lol. That one wasn't bad, more funny than sideeye-inducing, but I don't get why she thought that.

I'm interested to see the reactions to the boys' frozen tees. None of em have the princesses on em, but I think the movie is stereotypically girly (haven't actually seen it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Only for toddler boys so far. I think I saw two different ones, but both just had the snowman character on em.

Only for toddler boys so far. I think I saw two different ones, but both just had the snowman character on em.

We have them for the older boys too but yes it's just the snowman character that I've seen.

To that one regular guest of mine: You were waiting behind the woman with the ridiculously complicated drink request. I could see your expression but I'm glad you didn't make me crack up.
Thanks for lightening up my day :D

TTOG: thank you for being so patient! My register crashed and had to reboot in the middle of your transaction and you even helped me move all of your stuff to a new register to be rescanned, and you carried on a wonderful conversation with me for 5 minutes! I got you on your way and gave you a 3 dollar coupon for being so awesome!

TTOG: thank you for being so patient! My register crashed and had to reboot in the middle of your transaction and you even helped me move all of your stuff to a new register to be rescanned, and you carried on a wonderful conversation with me for 5 minutes! I got you on your way and gave you a 3 dollar coupon for being so awesome!
That's happening a lot since we got the new registers.

That's happening a lot since we got the new registers.
Well we've been having weird power outages lately and that's what I thought it was today because it was thundering and storming but then I realized I was the only register that it happened to.. Its never been just me except the day in june that was company wide. It was very odd.

TTOG: Thank you for being so kind and supportive by telling me I'm doing good so far on my first day of training.

TTOG: No we dont give a discount on chairs that are "open to the general public." You do realize that 99 percent of the stuff we sell is like that.o_O

To That Disturbingly Large Number of Guests:

Stop being so f***ing racist! No, my black cashiers are not stealing from you and my arab cashiers are not "behaving suspiciously. The cashiers with heavier accents are not stupid- they know their shit and hate having to call me over just so you can hear the exact same words come out of a white face.

To That Disturbingly Large Number of Guests:

Stop being so f***ing racist! No, my black cashiers are not stealing from you and my arab cashiers are not "behaving suspiciously. The cashiers with heavier accents are not stupid- they know their shit and hate having to call me over just so you can hear the exact same words come out of a white face.

Just ... wow.
In this day and age you'd think people would leave racism where it belongs, on the Internet and in marches in front of the White House. ;)

Telling me you spend hundreds of dollars at Target and if I don't do your request, you'll go to Walmart instead is not a good way to get me to do your request. I'll just look at you and say, "Well, it's quite far from here, but that's your choice."
I had a guest (in quite "colorful" language, I might add), tell me that "he spends thousands of dollars with us a year & he can just as easily give that $$ to WAL-Mart". I told him "that's your prerogative. I don't get paid enough to be spoken to like this" and walked away. Unfortunately, they still come to us :(

TTOG: I don't know how you expect us to wait on you any quicker when we're already waiting on other people ahead of you? There are 2 registers, both of which were in use. I can't just pull a third one out of my ass!

To the card tappers: You know who you are; you come up while I'm in the middle of a large order & even tho I say "Hi, be right with you", you're SO damn impatient so you start tap tap tap tap tapping on the counter.
When I hear that, it makes me slow down & I lose my sense of urgency.....even as you began to tap faster & faster & faster until you sound like a cicada after an espresso shot.
When I hand off the last drink & come over, looking DOWN at your little tap dance you suddenly stop & get self-conscious. Which is the desired effect.

Last edited:
To that one couple: Seriously, you had to start yelling at your kid in the middle of the aisle because he kept coming over to me...I was kneeling down on the other end, zoning...to ask me questions about the toy he was holding? He's like three or something, it was cute, and he wasn't bothering me!

TTOG - I'm not really sure what you thought you would accomplish by fussing at me that there was no one in the bakery - I'm dressed in freezer gear in July moving quickly across the store to get my pulls done from the front areas, and you were still in the middle of produce, and hadn't even reached the bakery area yet. For the record, the woman in the bakery is one of the best I've ever met, she just happens to be on the shorter side, and was standing behind several buckets of frosting......I'm really getting sick of the entitled people who hate to wait for 2 seconds before complaining.....

To the lady with the large designer bag: Thanks for turning & knocking over an entire shelf's worth of cold drink tumblers with your monster bag. All in all, 11 were damaged & you didn't even acknowledge your klutziness because you were on your phone.
You didn't say "sorry" or even "oops" but you DID kick broken shards of plastic in my general direction as I was picking them up. At $15 ea, you ruined almost $200 worth of merchandise.
I hope your phone shorts out & burns your hair off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back