To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a guest ask for an H&B item in a size larger than we carry. Of course, we don't even have a shelf spot for the larger item but he was sure he bought it AT THIS VERY TARGET before. OK. So I take the two smaller boxes, look at the price, almost offered him the two for the same price as he paid for the larger size AT THIS VERY TARGET. Then I stopped, smiled, apologized to the guest and put the two smaller boxes under the counter. After he left the counter, the dear pharmacist said, "Um, you were about to give him the smaller boxes for that price, weren't you?" Yep, had he said AT THIS VERY TARGET one less time, I'd have done that for him. But he used just too many AT THIS VERY TARGETs with me. I have a limit.
He may have bought it AT THAT VERY TARGET.....6-12 months ago and you no longer carry the larger size. Inventory is not eternal ;)

TTOG: my STL, Corporate, and I do not care if the 40" Element TV was on the site, as you said, the site said it is available on the 27th y'know tomorrow. No we will not sell you one because "Corporate Said So". Go right ahead and call corporate again, telling them every sob story in the book will not get them to budge, even if you REALLY NEED that TV because you have really bad knees. You can come tomorrow wait in line like every other guest that REALLY NEEDS that TV.

Getting Black Friday sales early is the one thing corporate won't budge on.

At least it's something.

Apparently one of our nearby stores missed that memo. Our STL had to get involved.

To the cornbread guest: Hahaha fuck you. You were at the register and wanted us to bring up something that you forgot. I tried searching on the PDA, so did the softlines girl who was helping. We couldn't find it, so you came over and showed us where it was on the end cap.

Lazy bitch haha you had to get it yourself.

Also you grabbed the wrong item so it was even better that when I pointed that out.

To that guest: I don't care how "important" you are, how big your office in the "big city" is, you do not have the right to put your hands on me, repeatedly. One or two taps on the shoulder to get my attention is commonplace, but grabbing my arm and pulling me is not. I was one more unwanted touch away from calling the LOD and having you ejected citing "hostile work environment" because you were obviously using your weight and touch as a method of intimidation to make me do what you wanted. Also, if you're standing so in my face that your large midsection is pushed up against my chest, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE. Thank goodness I had to clock out so I could leave you to do your own shopping. Just because you're "important" doesn't mean you can touch people whenever. And if you're so important you should be able to pay the extra $0.59 for a box of Raisin Bran here than Walmart without a 10-minute bitch fest.

To that same guest: This red thing on my hip is for me, not you. It's even called MYdevice! It is not to be your personal price scanner because you can't figure out how to work the spill station ones and can't be assed to read labels. You can scan the item by holding it under the spill station scanner, not RIGHT AGAINST THE SCANNER like I pointed out to you, OR you can punch the DPCI in with the numbers on the side. And yes, if I scan something and it says $3.99, it is going to ring up at $3.99. Yes, it is the right item. Yes, I scanned the right barcode, as evidenced by the fact that it's the ONLY BARCODE on the item.

TTOG. you are a nasty vile person. why did you think you can return pants after your child had pissed in them. like seriously that smell will haunt me for months.

To the guest bothering me and everybody else in the store for your element TV: hahaha fuck you I'm glad you didn't get it you old bag of bones
I had 1 man tell me he was 8th in line, but didn't have a number. We passed out numbers for the TV, you were probably 800th in line you old fart. He came up to me about 30 mins after we opened looking for that 40" element TV, they were all gone 10 mins into opening, and you had to have a number to get one, dumb ass.

To that one guest...no, that vacuum wasn't over half off...you grabbed the one next to the empty spot on the shelf. Not my fault. But the weird part? When I told you that, you grumbled at me and tried to walk out the door with it without paying for it! Umm? Just because you don't like the price doesn't mean you get the item for free. You looked awfully surprised when I stopped you from walking out the door with it. Moron.

TTOG: Please, for the love of God, refrain from spraying yourself with what smells like a gallon of strong scented perfume before trying on cloths. I had to defect out two pairs of jeans that smelled like you doused them in absinthe.
These guests drive me nuts! We would try to let the clothes just air out but still they would smell! Such a waste.

TTOG: Please, for the love of God, refrain from spraying yourself with what smells like a gallon of strong scented perfume before trying on cloths. I had to defect out two pairs of jeans that smelled like you doused them in absinthe.
These guests drive me nuts! We would try to let the clothes just air out but still they would smell! Such a waste.

Could be an improvement. Perhaps they are just masking a more foul stench.

Jeans? Women put perfume on their legs?

The lady had on so much perfume that the smell permeated everything she tried on. I even had to have someone take the defected items to the service desk ASAP because the fragrance was going to stink up the reshop we had at the fitting room. I guess we were pretty fortunate that she only left two things behind that she didn't wish to purchase.

To that guest: I don't care how "important" you are, how big your office in the "big city" is, you do not have the right to put your hands on me, repeatedly. One or two taps on the shoulder to get my attention is commonplace, but grabbing my arm and pulling me is not. I was one more unwanted touch away from calling the LOD and having you ejected citing "hostile work environment" because you were obviously using your weight and touch as a method of intimidation to make me do what you wanted. Also, if you're standing so in my face that your large midsection is pushed up against my chest, YOU ARE TOO CLOSE. Thank goodness I had to clock out so I could leave you to do your own shopping. Just because you're "important" doesn't mean you can touch people whenever. And if you're so important you should be able to pay the extra $0.59 for a box of Raisin Bran here than Walmart without a 10-minute bitch fest.

To that same guest: This red thing on my hip is for me, not you. It's even called MYdevice! It is not to be your personal price scanner because you can't figure out how to work the spill station ones and can't be assed to read labels. You can scan the item by holding it under the spill station scanner, not RIGHT AGAINST THE SCANNER like I pointed out to you, OR you can punch the DPCI in with the numbers on the side. And yes, if I scan something and it says $3.99, it is going to ring up at $3.99. Yes, it is the right item. Yes, I scanned the right barcode, as evidenced by the fact that it's the ONLY BARCODE on the item.

Touch me and you will be getting your teeth back when you shit them out.. I do not let anyone lay hands on me.

TTOG that asks "How fresh is that popcorn?"

Be glad I didn't choke slam you!

To Those Guests: I'm sorry the carts are wet.... but did you not see that it was raining outside? Like what makes you think the carts are going to be spotless clean? IT'S RAINING OUTSIDE. STOP COMPLAINING

TTOG that asks "How fresh is that popcorn?"

Be glad I didn't choke slam you!
I get that at SB: "What's your freshest brew?"
That right there will get you the stalest cup of caffeine swill.

The sad part is, not one of those people would understand how insulting that is if you tried to explain it for a week.

to the guest who was DEAD CERTAIN he handed me six dollars when he actually handed me five:

i made a point to count the bills three separate times, because i found it strange that you paid for your $5.xx transaction with exact change, but were acting like i owed you money back. so no, i didn't owe you a dollar, and you're really in no position to criticize my ability to do math when you can't even count singles.

Last edited:
What do you guys think when guests say "you would know this" with a condescending tone when asking where an item is? Unfortunately I think it's impossible to know where exactly each item at Target is, so I use mydevice to help me. It annoys me when guests think just because we work there we know where everything is. Definitely the culture of entitlement and impatience.

edit: Just to clear up some things. I'm saying I get annoyed when a guest ask me where an exact item is (like brand and everything) and expect an exact aisle and section the second they finish their sentence. I don't like it when guests get impatient when I have to use MyDevice to give them an exact aisle (that's when I've had three guests condescendingly tell me "you would know this").

I've had guests ask me for a specific brand of an item and are grateful when I use mydevice to give them an exact aisle. You could see it in their eyes that they are in fact thankful, I just don't tell them "oh that's going to be in department c." I try my best to narrow down where an item would be.

Last edited:
What do you guys think when guests say "you would know this" with a condescending tone when asking where an item is? Unfortunately I think it's impossible to know where exactly each item at Target is, so I use mydevice to help me. It annoys me when guests think just because we work there we know where everything is. Definitely the culture of entitlement and impatience.

edit: Just to clear up some things. I'm saying I get annoyed when a guest ask me where an exact item is (like brand and everything) and expect an exact aisle and section the second they finish their sentence. I don't like it when guests get impatient when I have to use MyDevice to give them an exact aisle (that's when I've had three guests condescendingly tell me "you would know this").

I've had guests ask me for a specific brand of an item and are grateful when I use mydevice to give them an exact aisle. You could see it in their eyes that they are in fact thankful, I just don't tell them "oh that's going to be in department c." I try my best to narrow down where an item would be.

That's why I walk to the department with the guest rather than just rattling off an aisle number. Not only is it easier than trying to give the guest directions; if I see the item myself, chances are I'll remember where it's located (until the next transition). And if I can't find the item, that's when I search on the MyDevice or ask someone over the walkie.

I was checking out on Black Thursday and I over hear some guy trying to argue with my SM. He says; "So if I just want to buy a loaf of bread I have to wait in this huge line?" (We had all 14 lanes open and a super long line.) My SM replies, yes and the guy throws his hands up in the air mad and walks out.

Okay two things...if it was that serious he could have gone to guest services. It was dead there. And two WHY WOULDNT U GO TO A GAS STATION OR THE DAY BEFORE BLACK THURSDAY FOR YOUR BREAD????? Lol cmon.........ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back