To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was checking out on Black Thursday and I over hear some guy trying to argue with my SM. He says; "So if I just want to buy a loaf of bread I have to wait in this huge line?" (We had all 14 lanes open and a super long line.) My SM replies, yes and the guy throws his hands up in the air mad and walks out.

Okay two things...if it was that serious he could have gone to guest services. It was dead there. And two WHY WOULDNT U GO TO A GAS STATION OR THE DAY BEFORE BLACK THURSDAY FOR YOUR BREAD????? Lol cmon.........ridiculous.

Or I don't know a grocery store, a few in my area are 24hr. Always empty late night.

I was checking out on Black Thursday and I over hear some guy trying to argue with my SM. He says; "So if I just want to buy a loaf of bread I have to wait in this huge line?" (We had all 14 lanes open and a super long line.) My SM replies, yes and the guy throws his hands up in the air mad and walks out.

Okay two things...if it was that serious he could have gone to guest services. It was dead there. And two WHY WOULDNT U GO TO A GAS STATION OR THE DAY BEFORE BLACK THURSDAY FOR YOUR BREAD????? Lol cmon.........ridiculous.

Or I don't know a grocery store, a few in my area are 24hr. Always empty late night.

Seriously. There's a grocery store that was open and is always open 24/7 like right across the parking lot!!!

Maybe he was unaware that he could check out at guest service. The VIBE thing would have been to direct him there.

Even then, why do you go to Target for your late-night bread needs? Its like going to a Best Buy that night because you need some AAs for your TV remote.

What do you guys think when guests say "you would know this" with a condescending tone when asking where an item is? Unfortunately I think it's impossible to know where exactly each item at Target is, so I use mydevice to help me. It annoys me when guests think just because we work there we know where everything is. Definitely the culture of entitlement and impatience.

edit: Just to clear up some things. I'm saying I get annoyed when a guest ask me where an exact item is (like brand and everything) and expect an exact aisle and section the second they finish their sentence. I don't like it when guests get impatient when I have to use MyDevice to give them an exact aisle (that's when I've had three guests condescendingly tell me "you would know this").

I've had guests ask me for a specific brand of an item and are grateful when I use mydevice to give them an exact aisle. You could see it in their eyes that they are in fact thankful, I just don't tell them "oh that's going to be in department c." I try my best to narrow down where an item would be.
They ask us in the pharmacy where things are and get ticked off when we can't tell them. Sorry, we don't get out much....

To any guest at my store who just assumes "this isn't your normal department you're just putting things away": I literally live for the stunned look on your face when you realize that a) Cosmetics is my department and b) I may not know much but I'm still able to help you find what you need. Judging by the guest surveys, the only issues we have are when I'm not there so SUCK IT. I know what I'm doing stop assuming I don't.

To the mom texting as your 12-yr-old daughter ordered her drink:
I asked if there was anything else & you said "No" without looking up from your phone.
I told you the total & you kept texting.
I waited & your daughter got embarrassed.
"Mom?" she asked.
"Just a minute" you said.
"Mom!" she repeated.
"I said, just a MINUTE." you snapped.
"She's WAITING for you, Mom!"
You look up as I'm staring at you & suddenly you whip out your card to pay.
"I was waiting for you to give me my total!" you stammered.
"She DID. You weren't listening, Mom." your daughter retorted.
Pretty sad when your kid has to teach you manners.

To that one guest...
No, we cannot negotiate the price of an item just because you want to pay less for it. This is a retail store, not a garage sale.
No, the "manager" can't change just change the price of the item. They don't own the stuff, they don't set the prices.

Perhaps next time you could try being a little less polite and a little more pushy, insisting that the item costs less than marked. Because according to Target policy, that probably would've gotten you a discount.

i get guests who complain about the smallest things it's so hard to keep a straight face and not laugh. for example today, i had a lady who was checking out, her juice was at the end of the belt. an older man in a wheel chair came up behind her, he saw the juice which was in a bottle and sealed, still cold. he touched it and asked me if i could have someone bring him one because he had forgotten it. i called someone over, and then they touched the juice to see what kind it was and then as soon as they came over my manager touched it as well because i dont know she's always noisy. as my co-worker was leaving, this lady goes, "since everyone else touched it can you bring me a different one too."

LIKE LADY DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND THAT SO MANY OTHER PEOPLE TOUCH THIS BOTTLE BEFORE IT'S PUT IN THE FREEZER AT OUR STORE? LIKE WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING. IM SURE SO MANY OTHERS HAVE TOUCHED THE SAME THING. GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT WITH THAT ATTITUDE.

To the mom texting as your 12-yr-old daughter ordered her drink:
I asked if there was anything else & you said "No" without looking up from your phone.
I told you the total & you kept texting.
I waited & your daughter got embarrassed.
"Mom?" she asked.
"Just a minute" you said.
"Mom!" she repeated.
"I said, just a MINUTE." you snapped.
"She's WAITING for you, Mom!"
You look up as I'm staring at you & suddenly you whip out your card to pay.
"I was waiting for you to give me my total!" you stammered.
"She DID. You weren't listening, Mom." your daughter retorted.
Pretty sad when your kid has to teach you manners.

It's the best when it's the 12 year old who you expect to be texting and has to remind the mother.

Last guest of the day, yesterday:

Guest: I want to return these items. (Three hair items and a pair of jeans..two different receipts).
Me: ok, (starting return) is there anything wrong with them.
Guest: (condescendingly) they don't stay in my hair
Me: ok, I'm sorry, I didn't realize that.
Guest: (condescending and snippy): you don't have to apologize.
Oy.
Me: okay, your total back is blah, blah, blah, $9.07 will go back to your Visa and $30.31 can either go back on the debit card or cash.
Guest staring at her receipts: wait...why aren't I getting back the full price for the hair stuff?
Me: you are...you are getting back 9.07 to the visa.
Guest stares a bit longer: fine.
Me: great, so did you want the $30.31 back on the debit card or in cash.
Guest: (snappily) on the card.
Me: ok, just go ahead and swipe your card and enter your PIN.
Guest: I dont have the card.
Me: is cash ok?
Guest: no, I need it back on the card.
Me: I'm sorry, the only way we can do that is if you have the card with you.
Guest: this is ridiculous. I want to speak to a manager.
Me: I am the front end manager.
Guest: fine (staring at her phone at this time trying to figure out if it will give her an answer).
Me: so how would you like to proceed?
Guest: just give me the cash.
Me: ok....(finishes transaction, gives guest money, staples receipts)
Guest: I thought you were going to do it on two separate transactions. The jeans were for a friend.
Me: I'm sorry, I didn't realize that. I can redo this if you would like.
Guest: no, it's fine.
Me: okay, thank you, and have a nice day! (Starts putting defective stickers on hair items)
Guest: well aren't you getting the manager?
Me: ma'am, I said I am the front end manager.
(Fellow TMs are nearly dying trying not to laugh at this point)
Guest: this is ridiculous. If I want it back on the card, they should put it back on the card, no questions asked.
Me: I'm sorry, but if it's run as debit, it needs the card.
Guest: well change it.
Me: so I should contact corporate about this
Guest: yes, immediately...this needs to change and is a stupid policy.
Me: yes, ma'am.

Oy.

Reminds me of a guy that came in and had a list of complaints about our restroom, he wanted us to contact corporate with his list of complaints, and expected corporate to spend several million dollars changing the restrooms to meet his standards.

Also, to that one guest that comes to the check lanes with a hand basket...
Where can you put your empty shopping basket you ask? Yeah, you know those two doors you're going to walk out of when you exit the store? Where ALL the other empty baskets are? Put them there.

Why is it that you can carry that around with no problem when you're shopping, but then as soon as you finish checking out, it suddenly gets to be too much to carry? And then you leave it at the lanes to clutter up my area and give more work to the cart attendant.

To the last guests I had at the register before I went to lunch... Y'all had a lot of purchases to scan to but it was so nice to have guests who were super patient and friendly.

Lots of purchases? Uhh, sounds like a bounty :s

Those purchases weren't the same items on multiple purchases were they?

To that one guest: The item you asked me about is a seasonal item that is on an endcap in a different department every year, and when you asked me about it, I couldn't remember where it was. And of course, after you'd finished with your other inquiries and gone about your business, I walked right past the item you were looking for and couldn't find you. Since you were so nice about it, I hope you happened to walk through that department later and find it.

To another guest: Your politeness was very much appreciated, especially this time of year.

To yet another guest: Frankly, I don't care all that much that you don't like our policies. And "speaking to a manager" isn't going to help, as I actually verified the policy in question with the ETL with whom you eventually spoke.

TtOG: Seriously buddy. This is like the 10th time you've come to the service desk. That is still clearly not the Ipad you purchased on black friday. I see you've stopped bringing in the receipt that proves it because the serial number is different. Yes, please call the police next time. Then we won't need to in order for you to stop harassing us.

this one rude guest said i was going to0 slow with my current guest boy was she would and i still got a G score for the current guest

TTOG: I'm sorry that there are no smaller carts outside or inside, but I'm not going to stop what I'm doing to go around the store and parking lot to find you one. You're not special. And I don't care if you huff and give me that "are you serious" look because neither of us at SD will help you. Be a big girl and push the big cart.

Lots of purchases? Uhh, sounds like a bounty :s

Those purchases weren't the same items on multiple purchases were they?

They got all their Christmas shopping done plus everything for a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles birthday party.

To that one guest...
No, we cannot negotiate the price of an item just because you want to pay less for it. This is a retail store, not a garage sale.
No, the "manager" can't change just change the price of the item. They don't own the stuff, they don't set the prices.

Perhaps next time you could try being a little less polite and a little more pushy, insisting that the item costs less than marked. Because according to Target policy, that probably would've gotten you a discount.
Welcome to a day in the life of a pharmacy tech.....because, you know, we DO set the price of drugs....it's a conspiracy between us and the insurance companies (oh, and let's not forget Obama) :rolleyes:

Reminds me of a guy that came in and had a list of complaints about our restroom, he wanted us to contact corporate with his list of complaints, and expected corporate to spend several million dollars changing the restrooms to meet his standards.
We have a pharmacy guest who complains about something almost EVERY time she comes in. When we changed to the new version of the bottles, it was the new non-safety caps, then it was the bottles themselves, now it's the print on the labels (which we've received NUMEROUS complaints about, actually), and she doesn't like that we have to "look her up" every time she picks something up....and that there's a computer monitor on the counter. My personal favorite, though: that her RxRewards number is now printed on her receipt, because what if she LOSES the receipt? Whoever finds it will then have her RxRewards number!!!! Never mind that they will ALSO have her name, address, phone number & Rx number/medication name....they can do some SERIOUS damage with that RxRewards number! o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back