To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To The Next Guest who uses "With all the money I spend here at Target..." as an excuse to be rude, I apologize in advance for reaching across the service desk and snapping your neck.
Reminds me when I was at SD a few yrs back & a woman was kvetching about her return being refused.
She was right in the middle of the "I spend THOUSANDS of DOLLARS in this store EVERY YEAR!" when an older, well-dressed woman behind her said "So? I spend TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars here & I KNOW what the return policy is!"
As the other woman stormed off, she stepped up & muttered "Amateurs...."

Reminds me when I was at SD a few yrs back & a woman was kvetching about her return being refused.
She was right in the middle of the "I spend THOUSANDS of DOLLARS in this store EVERY YEAR!" when an older, well-dressed woman behind her said "So? I spend TENS of THOUSANDS of dollars here & I KNOW what the return policy is!"
What do they expect you to do with that speech?

"Oh shit I had no clue! Let me take care of this for you then."

My store bathroom is in the back.

That is awesome! I can't believe how hard it is for me to get in the ladies restroom for a checkup! The women (and yes, almost always women... men must have better bladder control) enter the store and immediately turn right, heading to the pisser.

TTOG: It's 10:00. The lights are off. A guest who had been shopping for the past hour comes up to the fitting room with more clothes in her hand and asks me:
"Is the store closed?" YES.
"Does that mean the fitting room is closed?" YES.
"Can I pay here?" NO.
"Oh, where do I pay then?"

Lady, here's a tip. When I make a big announcement over the loudspeaker, that's because the entire store is supposed to hear it. I just got through with the closing announcements in which I said "the store is now closed...bring your items to the registers located at the front of the store". How do you still not know what time it is??? Pick up your shit and GTFO!

Also, thanks a ton for leaving all of your clothes inside the fitting room after I'd just finished cleaning it out. It's guests like you that make me glad I never have to do another closing operator shift again.

"Kvetching?" "It's a bird expression..."

Couldn't resist.

See, there are guests who spend like $200+ each trip and they are the sweetest people. But I've had an influx about these complainers and it's gotten under my skin.

TTOG: I do appreciate you being one of the single friendliest people I have ever met in my life. Both of the time's I've rung you up you remind me that people can be friendly and happy to all of us even if we're in bad moods.

I do not appreciate, however, that the only reason you are being friendly is to push your religious belief that "love between you and god is unconditional", followed by offering to give me a "letter" from god that you pass out to everyone you meet. Our religious beliefs (or lack thereof if you pick the wrong person) are not exactly something any cashier wants to discuss in the middle of a shift, especially when realizing your friendliness is for that purpose.

Forever remains one of the only stories that actually surprises even some of the more veteran members of my store, despite all of the stuff they've seen.

TTOG: I do appreciate you being one of the single friendliest people I have ever met in my life. Both of the time's I've rung you up you remind me that people can be friendly and happy to all of us even if we're in bad moods.

I do not appreciate, however, that the only reason you are being friendly is to push your religious belief that "love between you and god is unconditional", followed by offering to give me a "letter" from god that you pass out to everyone you meet. Our religious beliefs (or lack thereof if you pick the wrong person) are not exactly something any cashier wants to discuss in the middle of a shift, especially when realizing your friendliness is for that purpose.

Forever remains one of the only stories that actually surprises even some of the more veteran members of my store, despite all of the stuff they've seen.

When I was a cashier, I'd often get recruiters from local young adult groups. I would always tell them that I work on the nights they meet, but I'm involved with a similar group at XYZ church, and they were always polite about it. Now, had they been from the WBC or Scientology...

TTOG: Fuck you for returning an empty eyeshadow pallet. I *knew* I should have opened it while you were still there. That's okay. AP has a couple of great shots of you now. Tread lightly if you ever come back into the store.

TTO(other)G: You came into the store high as a kite at 10:30 p.m. and then proceeded to complain that you had to pay $1.56 for some shoes. IT SAID RIGHT ON YOUR RECEIPT that the return value for the shoes you returned cost LESS than the shoes you wanted to purchase. And don't throw your gold AMEX on the counter and expect me to do something with it. I'm so glad the LOD backed me up on this. The only reason why we adjusted the price on the new shoes was to get you the fuck out of the store so we could finish cleaning the service desk (and you could get back to your Percocet or Valium or whateverthefuck you were on).

Ah, the life of SDTMs. lol

TTOG: Fuck you for returning an empty eyeshadow pallet. I *knew* I should have opened it while you were still there. That's okay. AP has a couple of great shots of you now. Tread lightly if you ever come back into the store.

TTO(other)G: You came into the store high as a kite at 10:30 p.m. and then proceeded to complain that you had to pay $1.56 for some shoes. IT SAID RIGHT ON YOUR RECEIPT that the return value for the shoes you returned cost LESS than the shoes you wanted to purchase. And don't throw your gold AMEX on the counter and expect me to do something with it. I'm so glad the LOD backed me up on this. The only reason why we adjusted the price on the new shoes was to get you the fuck out of the store so we could finish cleaning the service desk (and you could get back to your Percocet or Valium or whateverthefuck you were on).

Ah, the life of SDTMs. lol
I'm so glad I don't close the SD anymore. I did that for my first two years at Spot.

To that one guest who I offered my personal cartwheel to (she tried to sign up and was having problems at the the last step but I was trying to get off register and I had juuust scanned her last item) and saved $24 for, I feel like you should be sliightly more thankful and impressed lol. I've never even saved myself more than $10 in one transaction.

I offered it because she had some c9 stuff and it's 20% off this week, but some other stuff that I had in my cartwheel applied for her.

What? What is a/are "Basic White Girl(s)"?

If I'm not mistaken, I've heard that it's one of Target's biggest target consumers. Really it's just another grating and annoying term to describe the grating and annoying people we encounter every day.
A06riBV.jpg

What? What is a/are "Basic White Girl(s)"?

Usually younger white females that are stereotypically massive consumers of Starbucks, Chipotle, and Panera Bread products, with very similar fashion tastes (see the image above), wears "Ugg" brand boots the very second they become "in season", has the latest iPhone, takes more selfies than should be legal.. Just a joking term used to describe a group of people. A quick google search can provide plenty of examples.

TTOG: I glanced down the aisle of girls' boots and I noticed half a dozen pairs on the floor. You must've seen the expression of disgust on my face. When you saw me move to come down the aisle you said "NO she just needs one more pair," gesturing to your daughter. You led me to believe that you and your daughter were going to clean up after yourselves so I chose another aisle to zone. Imagine my shock when I look up a few minutes later and you're both gone. Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back