To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: (okay, that one couple, but meh)

Fuck you two. Seriously. Fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

You came in looking for a laptop, and wanted to know which laptop corresponded to the two display laptops we have. Neither displays had model numbers, so I guessed based on whatever physical features I could make out from the box, and honestly, I'm positive that I figured out which model corresponded to which display.
This does not mean I need more training, or that I'm "bad at my job". I did the best I could with the limited information I had.

Also, seriously? I made you feel like you were going to steal something? All of my what.
No, I wasn't going to open up all the laptop boxes so you could see what they looked like. Again, look at the displays. This doesn't mean I think you're going to steal shit, this means I don't want to open the bloody boxes and deal with the next guest bitching at me about how the seal is broken.
Oh, and me taking 5 seconds to put the box we were done with back in the display case? I'm sorry, did that make you feel like a thief? I'm not leaving several hundred dollar laptops lying around. Sorry, but that's how I'm going to do things.

/rant

In the end, no harm done. The LOD listened to my side and just let me know I didn't have to be so strict. But still. Fuck you two, I didn't need that in my day.

I used to get that same attitude when I worked jewelry long ago.
I'd be showing a piece & someone else would walk up & want to see another piece while I was helping guest #1.
Guest #1: Oh, you can go help them.
Me: I'm sorry, I can't have more than one piece out at a time.
Guest #1: Well, I'll be RIGHT HERE.
Me: Yes ma'am, and I'll help you until you decide.

don't SuperTargets have scales??? Bananas are usually priced per banana, not per pound???
Slightly unrelated but, speaking of scales: To those guests that remove all the weight scales from their packaging, step on them in the middle of the store, and then just leave them thrown around unpackaged in random places, I HATE YOU. Go to the doctor to check your weight, not Target! Sheesh.

To those guests that call the store on the phone while standing in line at the register, quit calling and asking for more back up!!!!!!!!! If i had more people on the floor, there would be more registers open.. its not our fault, take your rude, entitled asses back to wal mart. :mad::mad:

To those guests that call the store on the phone while standing in line at the register, quit calling and asking for more back up!!!!!!!!! If i had more people on the floor, there would be more registers open.. its not our fault, take your rude, entitled asses back to wal mart. :mad::mad:

Holy crap people actually do that? XD At my store we just have people complain to the GSTL about the lines but never this far.

Holy crap people actually do that? XD At my store we just have people complain to the GSTL about the lines but never this far.

Yes, on a weekly basis. Its horrible.
So they call & tie up a person who could be helping the lines move faster....
Idiot much?

To those three fuck-wits I had to deal with this weekend: No means no you absolute dip-shits! No, we don't sell that kind of jewelry! No, that link at the end of the webpage isn't to the Target website! It says 'Ad' and has the name of completely different business! We don't do any kind of jewelry repair or modification and you being a dick won't do you any good. And finally, the backrest on that car seat doesn't recline! I spent half an hour explaining that to you and even showed you a copy of that car seat's manual on my phone that showed you exactly that. You even kept insisting that until I showed you one that does. Ugh, is there a 'does not compute' bug going around or is it just me?

Last edited:
TTOG: What the fuck? Can you not see that my shirt is blue? Or that it says security on the back? How about next time, instead of tapping me on the shoulder, then slamming a movie onto the clipboard I'm holding without a word, somehow expecting me to know you want me to ring you up at the register, you, I don't know, use your mouth and ask (!) or talk to the guy in red and khaki, WHO'S ALREADY BEHIND THE REGISTER!

I just turned back around and continued counting the PIT log. Sure, I may have been talked to at first by the LOD for being rude, but he laughed when I told him what the cun-er, guest, did and my response.

TTOG: (okay, that one couple, but meh)

Fuck you two. Seriously. Fuckyoufuckyoufuckyou

You came in looking for a laptop, and wanted to know which laptop corresponded to the two display laptops we have. Neither displays had model numbers, so I guessed based on whatever physical features I could make out from the box, and honestly, I'm positive that I figured out which model corresponded to which display.
This does not mean I need more training, or that I'm "bad at my job". I did the best I could with the limited information I had.

Also, seriously? I made you feel like you were going to steal something? All of my what.
No, I wasn't going to open up all the laptop boxes so you could see what they looked like. Again, look at the displays. This doesn't mean I think you're going to steal shit, this means I don't want to open the bloody boxes and deal with the next guest bitching at me about how the seal is broken.
Oh, and me taking 5 seconds to put the box we were done with back in the display case? I'm sorry, did that make you feel like a thief? I'm not leaving several hundred dollar laptops lying around. Sorry, but that's how I'm going to do things.

/rant

In the end, no harm done. The LOD listened to my side and just let me know I didn't have to be so strict. But still. Fuck you two, I didn't need that in my day.
You did your best. Just show the side label & tell them you will not break the seal.

TTOG: Please stop doing all your shopping through flex and letting your demon spawn run around the store unsupervised. We actually had Dollar Spot looking nice for once, but you weren't paying attention to the little four year old throw things into the aisle. And while fetching your massive order of Doritos, baby supplies and snacks your child destroyed all of the perfectly zoned toys section setting our poor Electronics TM back from being ahead in zone/reshop to being way behind. Finally I don't care that your kid fell off the scooter he was playing on, you should have been watching him instead of watching Netflix on your phone while I finished pulling your massive flex order.

TTOG: Please stop doing all your shopping through flex and letting your demon spawn run around the store unsupervised. We actually had Dollar Spot looking nice for once, but you weren't paying attention to the little four year old throw things into the aisle. And while fetching your massive order of Doritos, baby supplies and snacks your child destroyed all of the perfectly zoned toys section setting our poor Electronics TM back from being ahead in zone/reshop to being way behind. Finally I don't care that your kid fell off the scooter he was playing on, you should have been watching him instead of watching Netflix on your phone while I finished pulling your massive flex order.

Omg I hate this too. About a few weeks ago, I had several guests do their entire shopping orders online. Like literally their order was 30-40 items. There was no way I could even check if the guest got all their stuff. And everything is in a cart, or stacked in our Flex Closet, which means I had to take a handful of bags and go bag their stuff for them. I hate this. I don't know why they can't just ship this shit to their house, because their total gives them free shipping anyway. Or hell, why they don't just do their shopping like normal.

TTOG,

Look, you are a sweet older lady and were very nice to me...

But there is a significant age difference between the two of us. Thus, we do not use the same products.

So when you came up to the Service Desk asking me about panty liners, I was being serious when I said I had no experience with those products. I waited patiently for you to decide what kind you needed and so did the guest(s) behind you. But next time, please debate on the products you want before wanting to be rung up.

TTOG'sHusband, Thanks for trying to hurry your wife up so I could keep working. My boss did yell at me later but I appreciate you at least keeping me and my work in mind.

To the guest who wanted silver polish:

I was walking to the back, and en route was where silver polish was. I offered to walk you to it, and you declined.

Later I heard someone on the walkie as where it was. This is what you get for declining my help bitch.

Is there any thing wrong with the item?

It doesn't mean your mother didn't like the color or your kid refuses to wear it, or you wanted the blue coffee maker not the pink one.

All I want to know is if I can put it back on the shelf for someone else to buy or do I have to damage the item.

So please when asked - is there anything wrong with the item. Just answer yes or no.

I AM PISSED! Mostly at myself...BUT PISSED!

I had a guest come up to guest service whom is a known scammer. In the past, it's been mostly coupon related scamming. So when she came up to GS, I was ready for something like that. She made a few small (under $5) returns, so she could get cash instead of a gift card. Then, she returned some toys items with her ID. She wasn't over her limit either.

So I though, "okay, a little shady, but she didn't pull anything weird." However, she was also had a cart full of Houshold items that she took to the lanes to purchase. Even though there was nothing blatantly obvious going on, I still thought it was weird. Then I start inspecting the toys she returned, and then I notice, box cutter marks around the barcode. Then it dawns on me she was ticket switching. I was so pissed I didn't catch it. She pasted a barcode for a $20 toy onto a toy we don't even sell. I was kicking myself. I HATE HAAAAATE when guests get away with this shit.

Then, I see her make her way back to Guest Service to cash out a gift card. I'm standing at my register, with the toy right on my counter, with the fake barcode removed, and the real barcode exposed. I let her ask to cash out a gift card. I say, "Okay. And for future reference, we won't be taking returns like this anymore." I gestured to the toy. She just looks at me mumbling she didn't know what I was talking about. I cut her off before she could finish, "Okay, I'm just letting you know now, we will not be taking these in the future." She said nothing, took her money, and left.

UGH! So frustrating. I should have known. I wrote a note and put it on the item, and the LOD put it in the AP office. (AP was gone for the night) So I guess it's good I at least noticed eventually, but I wish I had noticed that before. I'm so sick of this lady. Her other returns were "fine." Meaning they weren't ticket switch items. But I wouldn't be surprised if she got them for free somewhere else, and returned it to our store for profit.

END RANT! So TTOG...don't come back to our store, because I will destroy any scam you try and pull!

Had a lady return a high-dollar electric toothbrush with the UPC cut off. We pulled one from the floor to verify it was the same as on the receipt & that the blister pack hadn't been tampered with.
She demanded the original receipt (even tho there was nothing else on there) & did NOT want the return slip stapled to it.
Why?
Rebate.

>>To that one guest that handed me a pamphlet regarding their Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, shut the hell up. I don't go around handing out atheism pamphlets criticizing life choices.<<

Over the years I've had guests hand me pamphlets about their religion, tiny crosses on chains, hand drawn crosses, etc. I just smile and say, "Thanks". I used to try to refuse and explain that I don't want or need those things but well, you know, just say yes! ;-)

I AM PISSED! Mostly at myself...BUT PISSED!

I had a guest come up to guest service whom is a known scammer. In the past, it's been mostly coupon related scamming. So when she came up to GS, I was ready for something like that. She made a few small (under $5) returns, so she could get cash instead of a gift card. Then, she returned some toys items with her ID. She wasn't over her limit either.

So I though, "okay, a little shady, but she didn't pull anything weird." However, she was also had a cart full of Houshold items that she took to the lanes to purchase. Even though there was nothing blatantly obvious going on, I still thought it was weird. Then I start inspecting the toys she returned, and then I notice, box cutter marks around the barcode. Then it dawns on me she was ticket switching. I was so pissed I didn't catch it. She pasted a barcode for a $20 toy onto a toy we don't even sell. I was kicking myself. I HATE HAAAAATE when guests get away with this shit.

Then, I see her make her way back to Guest Service to cash out a gift card. I'm standing at my register, with the toy right on my counter, with the fake barcode removed, and the real barcode exposed. I let her ask to cash out a gift card. I say, "Okay. And for future reference, we won't be taking returns like this anymore." I gestured to the toy. She just looks at me mumbling she didn't know what I was talking about. I cut her off before she could finish, "Okay, I'm just letting you know now, we will not be taking these in the future." She said nothing, took her money, and left.

UGH! So frustrating. I should have known. I wrote a note and put it on the item, and the LOD put it in the AP office. (AP was gone for the night) So I guess it's good I at least noticed eventually, but I wish I had noticed that before. I'm so sick of this lady. Her other returns were "fine." Meaning they weren't ticket switch items. But I wouldn't be surprised if she got them for free somewhere else, and returned it to our store for profit.

END RANT! So TTOG...don't come back to our store, because I will destroy any scam you try and pull!
Call AP over. If there's someone on who can make apprehensions, they can, and generally do, make stops for return fraud.

To the idiot whose kid hit their head on a corner cart because she was riding on the bottom of the fucking cart: FUCKING LOL. idiot.
I told a mom whose daughter was on the bottem of the cart and had long hair, "I saw a little girls hair get caught in the wheel and it tore a chunk of her scalp out of her head." The mom told her kid to get off the cart.
btw, I was lying. Never saw it happen, but had heard a story about it.

Wish mine was just a story: One of my niece's boys (5 yr old) was riding on the bottom (out with Dad) & was tracing his finger on the side of the wheel when Dad turned suddenly, catching his finger & breaking it.
He screamed all the way thru the store & to the ER like a siren on an ambulance.
When my niece got there, she slapped her husband upside the head while yelling at him: "Aunt Redeye tells us these stories ALL THE TIME! HOW could you let him DO that?!"

Call AP over. If there's someone on who can make apprehensions, they can, and generally do, make stops for return fraud.

Normally I would, but our AP was already gone for the night.

Wish mine was just a story: One of my niece's boys (5 yr old) was riding on the bottom (out with Dad) & was tracing his finger on the side of the wheel when Dad turned suddenly, catching his finger & breaking it.
He screamed all the way thru the store & to the ER like a siren on an ambulance.
When my niece got there, she slapped her husband upside the head while yelling at him: "Aunt Redeye tells us these stories ALL THE TIME! HOW could you let him DO that?!"

LMAO, I realize that wasn't a funny story, but the ending made me laugh. It also reminded me of a time when I was a kid. My mom was grabbing something out of the fridge, and I was looking at the gap in the corner of the door from it being open. I wondered, "I wonder what will happen if I stick my finger in there." So I did. And it smashed my finger. LOL! Lesson learned. I really don't know what I was expecting would happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back