To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually does. The option may not be on the card reader screen but if they press the green O, it'll process as a credit card (as long as there's a MC/Visa logo on the card).
No it doesn't. My debit card requires a pin whether I'm running it as a debit or credit, just like the Target Debit cards. I can push the green O until the cows come home, but it won't process without the PIN. If I wanted to use it as credit, I have to have the cashier push the "credit" button first, then insert/swipe the card, then input the pin.

No it doesn't. My debit card requires a pin whether I'm running it as a debit or credit, just like the Target Debit cards. I can push the green O until the cows come home, but it won't process without the PIN. If I wanted to use it as credit, I have to have the cashier push the "credit" button first, then insert/swipe the card, then input the pin.

I dealt with a guest with this same problem in electronics a few weeks ago. He did not want to enter a PIN, and no matter how many times he hit the green circle, no dice. He stormed off saying he will go to walmart and save money XD

I dealt with a guest with this same problem in electronics a few weeks ago. He did not want to enter a PIN, and no matter how many times he hit the green circle, no dice. He stormed off saying he will go to walmart and save money XD
Chances are he will have to use the PIN there too. With my new debit card, I have to use a PIN anywhere (regardless of how its run....) I tested it out at the grocery store last night. Even though they don't have chip readers yet, when I swiped it, the cashier asked if I wanted credit or debit. I said credit and it still prompted for the pin.

Chances are he will have to use the PIN there too. With my new debit card, I have to use a PIN anywhere (regardless of how its run....) I tested it out at the grocery store last night. Even though they don't have chip readers yet, when I swiped it, the cashier asked if I wanted credit or debit. I said credit and it still prompted for the pin.
We have a couple local banks who do this. I hate them. Im so tired of explaining this til im blue in the face.

TEverySingleGuest who swatches makeup- you suck. And this is coming from a cashier, because in addition to being a cashier, I'm also a consumer. When you swatch makeup, and the sltm/cosmetics tm is unable to catch it, you run the risk of someone buying makeup laden with your dna and bacteria. So please do everyone a favor and stop. THEY ARE NOT TESTERS.

(I'm especially passionate about this after having bought a CG foundation without realizing it was open- this particular line is only sold in certain stores and was the last one on the shelf of the store I finally found it at.)

TEverySingleGuest who swatches makeup- you suck. And this is coming from a cashier, because in addition to being a cashier, I'm also a consumer. When you swatch makeup, and the sltm/cosmetics tm is unable to catch it, you run the risk of someone buying makeup laden with your dna and bacteria. So please do everyone a favor and stop. THEY ARE NOT TESTERS.

(I'm especially passionate about this after having bought a CG foundation without realizing it was open- this particular line is only sold in certain stores and was the last one on the shelf of the store I finally found it at.)

As a cosmetics TM, this is my biggest pet peeve. I probably charge out at least three baggies of product a day. If the seal is even SLIGHTLY broken, it has to go. People don't realize that even by just touching the rim of a foundation bottle, you are contaminating it. The worst, though, are the ones who pop open lipsticks to try. Like, that is so disgusting.

Edit: I lied. I remembered that I saw someone trying on an eyeliner that comes in a box and then put it back so neatly that had I not seen it, someone would have bought it and probably gotten an eye infection. THAT is the worst.

I really wish we'd offer testers. Even though we take back anything, it's a hassle having to buy and return. I assume we don't have testers because they're hard to control, messy, and aren't worth it since these products are cheap anyway. Hell, even Sephora has shitty testers, and literally all they have to sell is make up stuff. I hate trying to swatch an eyeliner only to drag wood across my hand instead because it hasn't been sharpened in ages. If they can't keep nice testers, there's no way Target can.

The worst, though, are the ones who pop open lipsticks to try.

What gets me is that people will come to the register and proudly show me the swatches on their hands and arms, as if I should be proud of them. I'm thinking, "please get out of my face" lol

And if I ever see someone trying on eyeliner and putting it back on the shelf, I'm calling them out. That's next level disgusting.

Had a guy returning foundation one time because it 'wasn't the right shade for my client'.
When I looked at the container, he said "Oh, we didn't use it."
When I opened it & revealed a noticeable gouge in the cake, he said "It was that way when I got it."
I have no problem returning it but be honest & don't tell a lie that could put used merch back on the floor.

It is also theft.

I love working operator. Not.

Guest on phone: Hi, I purchased a one-man tent. Can you tell me how much I paid for it?
Me: *pauses, confused*
Guest: I have a barcode #
Me: *not sure what she means so lets her read the number, of course nothing comes up in the mydevice* Ok, nothing's coming up, do you have your receipt? Brand name?
Guest: *gives me brand name that I know we don't carry* I don't have a receipt
Me: When exactly did you purchase the tent?
Guest: Oh, it was quite some time ago
Me: Ok then well the item isn't in our system at all anymore
Guest: So you can't help me?
Me: *inward sigh* No sorry.

Then I went to warn our guest service tm and GSTL to be on the look out for a guest trying to return a tent she prob bought 10 years ago. Smh.

TTOG: Who don't activate their new chip cards before deciding to check out. You act like you've never received a new card before and had to activate it before use.

TTOG: Yes, I know the card reader sound is not very friendly. So when the machine is beeping at you to remove your card, please remove it and you won't have to hear it over and over.

TTOg. No we don't sell grill displays until they are d code. I would've been nicer if you weren't such a douche. Oh , and please just make my day and go to home depot.

giphy.gif

TTOg. No we don't sell grill displays until they are d code. I would've been nicer if you weren't such a douche. Oh , and please just make my day and go to home depot.
That was actually at least in my neck of the woods from high up the food chain.. Not a store level choice.. I actually enjoy telling them "No" cause half the time the thing they want to buy won't fit in the Honda Civic they brought.. "Oh you think that 5 piece set is gonna fit in your Civic?" Sure lady Sure.

Had a guy returning foundation one time because it 'wasn't the right shade for my client'.
When I looked at the container, he said "Oh, we didn't use it."
When I opened it & revealed a noticeable gouge in the cake, he said "It was that way when I got it."
I have no problem returning it but be honest & don't tell a lie that could put used merch back on the floor.

THIS. I seem to get a lot of guests returning clearly used cosmetics who will swear up and down they never touched them. I will offhandedly mention, "Just so you know, if you try a cosmetic and it doesn't work out for you, we will still take it back- we want you to be happy!" as I quietly defect their out their unused used products out.

THIS. I seem to get a lot of guests returning clearly used cosmetics who will swear up and down they never touched them. I will offhandedly mention, "Just so you know, if you try a cosmetic and it doesn't work out for you, we will still take it back- we want you to be happy!" as I quietly defect their out their unused used products out.

I don't quietly do that, I make a huge deal out of it. That if so many people didn't lie about it, I would actually believe people when they said they didn't use it. But the fingerprints in the pans of eyeshadow tell me different.

This is why I stopped asking, "Was there anything wrong with the item." Because in the guests mind, they may think something like, "No, I just don't want it" so they'll tell me "No" even though it's clearly used and opened. Now I ask, "was it opened?" or "Was it tested out at all?" Sometimes they still lie. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back