To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: I'm very sorry I forgot to scan your $5 off coupon that got buried underneath the giant Lego set you bought, but it would really help if you didn't just slide it across the belt and expect me to see it. I saw it after I had finished ringing. I apologized and you snapped the coupon from me and grunted angrily and left. Oh well. Next time try "I have a coupon ." and hand it to me. It'd be a lot easier.

TTOG: Do NOT stand there in a daze looking at the menu board then ask me 'which drink I like best' when there is a line behind you STRETCHED TO THE FREAKING DOOR!
TTotherG: If you keep coming up & asking me repeated questions in a soft, baby voice amid the sounds of a coffee grinder, a milk steamer & a frappucino blender, I will lose patience & go off on you like a howler monkey on Redbull.

Last edited:
TTOCouple with a cartload of stuff: How about actually *looking* at the lane lights before putting your items on the belt? Realizing that it's express *after* you've unloaded while there are others behind you with 2-3 items and then (loudly) saying to your husband, who feels bad and wants to move: "Well hon, we made a mistake, we aren't perfect. I already arranged everything, we're not moving" only irritates people.

Last edited:
TTOG: sorry, I "can't just make an exception." $5 off grocery items means items such as food, personal care (shampoo, soap, etc,) and those which you would buy in the GROCERY section. Your $5.99 bath towel doesn't count....saying it's a "personal care item" is a stretch.

TTOG: When it says 'Waiting for guest' that means it's waiting for you to enter your pin or press credit. Saying "Call someone because it's not working." Yes it is, just enter your pin.

Thankfully after about 10 minutes of the guest standing around, asking for a GSTL, suddenly remembering the pin, but then entering the wrong pin and trying one last time, it went through. Thank the Lord. Way more complicated than it needed to have been. :rolleyes:

To that one group of junior high girls: Thanks so much for hanging around in RTW all night. You were sitting by some of our mannequins hanging out for a while before I went on my break, but you didn't seem to be destroying anything, so I shrugged it off and went on my meal. Came back and you left a bunch of random crap there and tied an ugly sweater around a mannequin's legs. Was that really necessary? When I was 12-13 years old, I had better things to do than hang out at a Target store on a Saturday night. Smh.

TTOG: your old Target card most likely isn't working because you received the new one in the mail and the old one has been deactivated. Even though you SWEAR you didn't, you probably did. The fact that you "got the debit about 9 months ago, but not the credit..." confirms my suspicions. And no, I can't "just give you the 5%" because you don't get 5% on prescriptions, you never did....

TTOG Mom and son: No need to be rude and comment on how "It's taking a long time." and then moaning: "We should've gone to another lane." when I'm ringing up your items.

The son had special needs and his mom was mad at him for whining about not getting a toy he wanted. This went on where the two were bantering back and forth the entire transaction.

Somehow, it turned into a rant on me and my skills as a cashier / bagger. The kid had bought a giant wrestling set that would never fit into even an oversize bag. I told the mom this and she still insisted I bag it. when it wouldn't fit, she yelled at me for not trying hard enough.

:mad::mad::mad::mad: Ugh.

TTOG: You asked me a question that I needed a mydevice for. An African-American TL was working nearby, and I asked to borrow his. The look on your face...You clearly wanted to be as far away from him as possible. That pissed me off. He's the nicest guy who bends over backwards to help guests and tms. I hope you don't come back ever.

TTOG: I'm clearly on the phone talking with another guest. Do not try to butt in and get me to help you. Yes I gave you the 1 finger signal that means "I'll be with you in one moment". No that does not mean get the LOD and lie and try to say I said "Can't you see I'm busy here? Piss off". We have cameras idiot.
TTO Cute girl with a sexy australian accent: Please marry me, you were super nice and we got along great for the 10 minutes I was helping your family out.

TTO extreme couponer.. how in the hell are you still shopping here? we are super strict about our rules... if you mention your name to any GSA or any TM whose worked here long enough youll get a loud groan and rolled eyes. Please leave.

TTOG: I'm in the middle of a 5 drink order.
"Hi! I'll be right with you." does NOT mean 'Start rattling off your order without regard to me not writing it on a cup.'
so I repeated "I'll be RIGHT with you" as I smiled big thru gritted teeth.
You sighed & rolled your eyes so I hope you like decaf.

Earlier this week. So, on my way back from lunch break. I ran into a guest who needed assistance finding a tabletop grill (George Foreman, if I remember). We were out of the product. The guest got angry, saying she's tired of coming to Target and we don't have anything in stock. We do a good job keeping the floor replenished. This wouldn't have been the first or last time we didn't have enough of a sales ad merchandise. I try to encourage the guest by saying we have some more coming in later that evening. All she had to do was go online and place an SPU order, and we'll take care of it. She got annoyed, saying she doesn't go online. I had 2-3 team members walk by. At this point, I was trying to remain calm, because it's the holidays. As she walked off abruptly, while smiling, I told her to have a nice day.

TTOG: I do not know what kind of day you were having, but taking it out on others is not okay. If I was having a bad day, I would not known how I would have reacted.

TTOG: A DVD box set is not considered "Baby, household essentials, grocery, health and beauty" and whatever else is on the coupon. Yes, I'm aware that it says "Excludes Pharmacy and optical" but you don't have any matching items. It'll only work if it says "$X off storewide."

TTOG: A DVD box set is not considered "Baby, household essentials, grocery, health and beauty" and whatever else is on the coupon. Yes, I'm aware that it says "Excludes Pharmacy and optical" but you don't have any matching items. It'll only work if it says "$X off storewide."
Aren't DVDs "household essentials"???o_O I had a similar guest today....greeting cards are not "household essentials." Try that shady shit up front. :cool::cool:

TTOG: I'm in the middle of a 5 drink order.
"Hi! I'll be right with you." does NOT mean 'Start rattling off your order without regard to me not writing it on a cup.'
so I repeated "I'll be RIGHT with you" as I smiled big thru gritted teeth.
You sighed & rolled your eyes so I hope you like decaf.
I think their sister was in front of me today. "But I only want a cake pop!" Well, your cake pop will just have to wait....

TTOG: No I can not talk into my phone to find that thing that you are looking for but can't remember what it is called.
I wondered exactly what it was that she thought I was going 'ask' my 'internet phone' I had no idea what item she was looking for nor could she explain plus I was only at 9% battery charge and she had been ridiculous about a glue gun.

TTOG: Sorry, there's nothing that I can do about your free FA popcorn since we don't have a cafe anymore. However, the coupon can still be used at a Target that has a cafe. You acted like the world was ending because you had to *Search for another Target* (but you didn't know how to find out what Targets had a cafe) in order to use the coupon

You want me to call all the stores in the area to see if they have Hatchimals? I can tell you right now that no one has them in stock. How do I know? I checked the Target App and looked at nearby stores this morning at opening for another guest. No we don't have any right now, probably none until Black Friday. Okay good, was there anything else I can help you with? Do we have any Nintendo systems? *begin to beat forehead with my counter top*

You want me to call all the stores in the area to see if they have Hatchimals? I can tell you right now that no one has them in stock. How do I know? I checked the Target App and looked at nearby stores this morning at opening for another guest. No we don't have any right now, probably none until Black Friday. Okay good, was there anything else I can help you with? Do we have any Nintendo systems? *begin to beat forehead with my counter top*

You forgot "Do you have any ??lb Butterball Turkeys?" Nope, sold out. Maybe Monday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back