To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had this happen more and more lately. I get all my coupons through sites that use the Coupon.com engine to authenticate the coupons and the registers lately have been saying invalid barcode on some of them.

I've had someone give me a coupon clearly for CottonelleToilet Paper when they bought Charmin TP instead and I was like "uhh it needs to be cottonelle" "i dont give care get me a manager so we can sort this out"

ok ma'am i will

I've had someone give me a coupon clearly for CottonelleToilet Paper when they bought Charmin TP instead and I was like "uhh it needs to be cottonelle" "i dont give care get me a manager so we can sort this out"
I had this exact thing happen to me, but without the guest asking for a GSTL. This one was nice, but I've had other guests that have been downright rude to me about it

TTOG: yes, we were "chatting," but I was also checking out at the time. I don't appreciate you walking up & standing NEXT to me at the pharmacy counter while I'm picking up my prescriptions. Not only was it rude, it was an invasion of my privacy (not to mention, personal space, as you were literally <6" away.) Oh, and btw, I knew there was nothing on file for my son, I just wanted to make you wait a little bit longer to try and ring out your crap. I giggled when the tech told you there were self-checkouts up front you could use. :cool:

I giggled when the tech told you there were self-checkouts up front you could use. :cool:
If only more people were aware of that, I've been telling people that ever since we got them a few weeks ago and it's always fun to see them get angry when they cant check out their groceries back in electronics.

TToG

I'm so sorry I asked about your cat. You mentioned one passed and I instinctively asked what happened (usually it's things like old age I hear) and your face became so sad and you had to pause when you said "she was.....taken by coyotes" and I felt like the biggest douche to ever douche and apologised so profusely but luckily we were able to derail that particular convo and it was fine in the end. God I still feel so awful

TTOG: I got you removed from the store because you were furiously yanking on the peg locks that the fitbits are on. As well as trying to pull the glass doors that enclose the xbox one's. I'm not blind y'know. Don't play dumb and try to say that you don't speak a lick of english and then go on saying I'm racist and "profiling" because of your skin color. Once you were finally off of the premise, I know you called me a trump supporter and that I'm a right-wing extremist (I am a republican, so you've got a portion of that right). The cameras don't lie bitch.

TTOG: An hour into my cashier shift, you walked up and immediately annoyed me when you ignored my, "Hello, how are you today?". Moments later you answered me with, "My phone is dead so you need to cartwheel all of my stuff" which wasn't a great way to begin here.
Yes, I keep my phone on me when I cashier, but it's kept in my back pocket (alarms for medications and such). I had a line of guests (me and only one other cashier at 11am on a Friday morning isn't a smart move, Target), and you demanding me to use my cartwheel wasn't going to happen. I politely explained I am a TM and could get in trouble due to the savings and badges going to me when it's not my purchases (things I've read on here but would never admit to...) and that I can't pull out my phone on the lanes. When you asked to speak to a manager, I called one over. I was happy when I heard my GSTL stand up for me and make a comment that I did nothing wrong and quite honestly, if I didn't have a line and you weren't such a bitch, maybe I would have helped you.
We'll never know, and that's what you get for being so rude.

TTOG:

Maam, I guess you were really drunk confused last night.
You walked up to my SD with what looked like a receipt in hand, and asked where the (whatever) is. I hadn't heard of that product or brand so you said it was on her registry and you handed me the paper. It was a registry from WALMART.

I said just that. This is a Walmart registry, we don't have those items here. So you asked where you could find (whatever) from that registry.
Again, "That's a Walmart registry, this is Target, those items are at Walmart"

I asked, does she have a registry here? Let's look.
Sure as shit, yup, she's registered here. Let's print it out.
I sent you off with the registry, instructions, and a cart, and bid you happy shopping.

You came back 20 minutes later. "I can't find the (whatever)".
OMG that's because it's on the WALMART registry!!! I told you to PUT THAT IN YOUR PURSE and just shop from the TARGET registry!

Jesus Hopping Christ. This went on for like 5 more minutes while the guest in line behind you laughed her ass off.

*sigh*

My patience is stretched thin but thankfully there are some really nice guests who are repeat customers and are really nice and smart. If they were all obstinate and dumb I might have quit a long time ago. I really do need to figure out what I want to do with my life.

^I had a similar thing happen, when a guest bought an item at my store that was on a target registry but she decided to buy it at walmart, but then she wanted us to take it off the target registry from her walmart receipt

Ttog: if you are going to have one coupon (or any coupons, really) just hand them to me. Laying one coupon on some random thing you buy doesn't get noticed...at least by me. Also, pay attention to see that I saw it rather than walking away and coming back 3 minutes later to tell me in a snotty attitude that I missed your little 50 cent coupon.

Ttog: if you are going to have one coupon (or any coupons, really) just hand them to me. Laying one coupon on some random thing you buy doesn't get noticed...at least by me. Also, pay attention to see that I saw it rather than walking away and coming back 3 minutes later to tell me in a snotty attitude that I missed your little 50 cent coupon.
I had a guest. That laid a coupon on my belt and then unloaded a giant ass lego right on top of it. I didn't see it until after I had completed the transaction. I apologized and she just glared at me and snatched the coupon from me and said "Oh, thanks."

Next time put the damn lego on the belt FIRST and then the coupon..

I had a lady who inspected her receipt then ask why didn't I take off her coupons.
I saw ZERO coupons, not a one, and said so. She seriously had a fit and raised her voice at me so I showed her that there were none on the counter, I looked in my trash, and was like, lady, why tf are you yelling at me???

She'd dropped them on the floor. Proceeded to act like it was my fault she dropped them. She was a raging asshole about it so I sent her to SD rather than do the refund myself.

Also, when they hand me coupons before unloading anything from their cart and just stand there, I used to just set the coupons near the register or CC reader but now I get aggressive with them. I ask if they want me to throw them away, or I ask what they want me to do with them.

When they say "Those are coupons!" I say, okay, but you haven't handed me anything to ring up yet. Then sometimes they argue with me and I'm like, uh, you're an idiot.

I could see if it's a 10 year old who doesn't know how shopping works but we're talking grown women who appear quasi-normal, not hill folk who've just discovered their mountain has a "down" feature.

I need a vacation from stupid people, maybe a work center that doesn't deal with the general public. Cleaning crew. That's what I need for a few weeks, cleaning crew. Earbuds, buffer, no guests.

When they say "Those are coupons!" I say, okay, but you haven't handed me anything to ring up yet. Then sometimes they argue with me and I'm like, uh, you're an idiot.

I'm not one to defend crazy guests, but a grocery chain in our area always asks for coupons first. When guests come to our store, they always try to hand us coupons first too.

TTOG: You paid me 75 cents and wanted to put the rest on a gift card...What's the big deal? You wanted it to come out even? Then you should've given me 58 cents. Don't mutter under your breath "She didn't do like I asked." I did it perfectly, you didn't do math...You never asked me anything either

I'm not one to defend crazy guests, but a grocery chain in our area always asks for coupons first. When guests come to our store, they always try to hand us coupons first too.

That's so weird to me. How would the computer know if the coupon is valid if it doesn't have a product to compare it to? That grocery store is gonna ruin it for normal people like us! LOL

That's so weird to me. How would the computer know if the coupon is valid if it doesn't have a product to compare it to? That grocery store is gonna ruin it for normal people like us! LOL
There's a store by me that also asks for coupons first so they don't accidentally finish the transaction before deducting them. They had too many issues of people complaining their coupons weren't deducted.

There's a store by me that also asks for coupons first so they don't accidentally finish the transaction before deducting them. They had too many issues of people complaining their coupons weren't deducted.

Okay, I can see setting them aside to scan at the end but scanning them first can't possibly work.

And guests who forget to present them or drop them on the floor deserve to be beaten with wet noodles.

Okay, I can see setting them aside to scan at the end but scanning them first can't possibly work.

And guests who forget to present them or drop them on the floor deserve to be beaten with wet noodles.
Yeah, they ask for them up front, but don't scan them until the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back