To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah reminds me of the guest who bring 10 reusable bakes then want me to use them all even though they have 12 items so they can get the 5 cent discount
This is one thing at my store guests do not care about. Out of the maybe 6 months I've worked, I've only had one guest remind me to give them the discount (I only remember to give it about half the time-- I usually remember after it's too late)

This is one thing at my store guests do not care about. Out of the maybe 6 months I've worked, I've only had one guest remind me to give them the discount (I only remember to give it about half the time-- I usually remember after it's too late)
You clearly don't live in CA. People here went NUTS for months. I haven't had to be on a lane in awhile, but from November until at least March or April, you knew that if you had to be on a lane, you were going to get yelled at.
Personally, I love it. It has saved my back. People are too cheap to spend 10 cents for a bag, so I no longer have to bag anything. It saves about 1000 bags a day too.

TTOG: You are one fouled mouth bitch. First you are so determined to be a bitch that you call foaming at the mouth angry and every time I tried to get a word in to find out what you want or why you are upset you talked over me, very angry. Then when I finally get enough information during your verbal diarrhea to know you want something to do with photos, I'm explaining about the self-service kiosk and you snarled understanding. You ask if it's open, well I don't know if it's out of order or not, so I tell you I'm going to get someone on the line to help you. I figure Guest Services would know as the machine is in their eyesight, and it gets your bitchy mouth out of my hair, but when I say I'm going to get someone on the line, you start screaming at me that I'm not allowed to transfer you since you are tired of being disconnected by the photo lab people. What photo lab people? And how did you connect by phone to the self-service kiosk? And then you start railing about how the computer greeting on the phone is confusing and I need to fix it. How can some little low-level person fix that? Well at that point I'm done with you, you are just too mean. I put you on hold, asked about the kiosk, and let you cool your heels for a bit. When it cycled back, yeah I told you that I was still trying to find the information and put you back on hold, but I was pleasant about putting you on hold. No need to start literally screaming during the few seconds it took me to put you back on hold. The next time, I was calm enough to tell you the information but as soon as I got through the standard greeting you called me an "arrogant bitch" and accused me of doing it all for fun and hung up on me. You know, other people cycle back that many times or more for legitimate reasons, no one else has been so vicious about cycling through. I really hope you are so angry because you caught your husband with your best friend that morning, and if you didn't your nasty attitude is going to drive him there eventually.
Someone like that goes straight to the LOD in my store. We are not paid enough to deal with shot like that.

Last edited:
Every time I ask someone if they want a bag and they say they'll just throw it in the cart my life gets extended by another 5 years. I hate bagging. I'm very good at it, just hate doing it. Slows down the process so much

Yeah ours are five cents and it's funny watching people push stuff in their cart or struggling by hand.

Worst "guest" ever (pre bag charging):
10 items, 30 bags and two large bags.
Yes, triple bags.
Eventually, I refused to double bag light items and to triple bag any items. If a "guest" asked why, I generally replied, "Because it is wasteful."
Still employed. ;)
I have never seen an episode of hoarders where I did not pick out at least one Target bag.

Worst "guest" ever (pre bag charging):
10 items, 30 bags and two large bags.
Yes, triple bags.
Eventually, I refused to double bag light items and to triple bag any items. If a "guest" asked why, I generally replied, "Because it is wasteful."
Still employed. ;)
I have never seen an episode of hoarders where I did not pick out at least one Target bag.
no the worst are "here are all my reusable bags" and then won't hold the bags open so I have to hold and bag at the same time. best are "just hand me the items, I'll bag"

TTOG: You are not special just because you're using a scooter . You asked me to call someone for a carryout, so I did. However, the cart attendant didn't appear within 3 seconds, so you got agitated and started yelling at me to "Call him, right now."

Then while I was bagging your items, you asked that I put your milk in the bag and fill it with groceries, so I did. Less than a minute after I start, you start sighing loudly saying "Those look *really* heavy" but you told me to keep bagging.

When it came time to pay, you said you had trouble seeing and just whipped your card at me. I politely handed it back to you and came to the reader.

I insert the card and you snap at me "Well I could've done *that*. If I'd have known I wouldn't have made you come down here!"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Ugh. By the time we were finished, I was about to lose it. Sorry for trying to help you out.

TTOG: I used to work on ambulances and volunteer in the fire department. Do you want to know what I learned from that? Big vehicle beats little vehicle. So move your damn cart entering the dang aisle I was in so I can get this hugeashellpalletteofrepackagedfreight that is already 80% through the aisle to its destination. No, looking through me with dead eyes as if I don't exist isn't going to make me go away. Oh you want to know if I can go back? No. No I cannot. I fed you some bs reason as to why I LITERALLY couldn't but honestly I just didn't have the patience to deal with your impatience. Now, BEEP BEEP, get-out-the-way.

no the worst are "here are all my reusable bags" and then won't hold the bags open so I have to hold and bag at the same time. best are "just hand me the items, I'll bag"
If the bags have the little hang tab you can just attach it to the plastic bag rack on your register.

Also I <3 me some Bag Tetris. I get so bored at checklanes that I play Bag Tetris in my head to stave off the boredom. Sometimes I sing along too.

TTOG: I used to work on ambulances and volunteer in the fire department. Do you want to know what I learned from that? Big vehicle beats little vehicle. So move your damn cart entering the dang aisle I was in so I can get this hugeashellpalletteofrepackagedfreight that is already 80% through the aisle to its destination. No, looking through me with dead eyes as if I don't exist isn't going to make me go away. Oh you want to know if I can go back? No. No I cannot. I fed you some bs reason as to why I LITERALLY couldn't but honestly I just didn't have the patience to deal with your impatience. Now, BEEP BEEP, get-out-the-way.

I'm glad I'm in Minnesota... we'd automatically get offered to move out of our way and if we ask everyone smiles and says "OH you BETCHA!!!" or "ope sorry!"

Minnesota Nice tends to exist more than Minnesota Bad, but we still have plenty of people who still think the Confederate States of America exists.

Minnesota Nice tends to exist more than Minnesota Bad, but we still have plenty of people who still think the Confederate States of America exists.
Wait... they don't.... but I still see the flag waving on the back of trucks and plastered on rear windows, guess someone is gonna have to break it to them...:( #Warbetweenthestates #Neverforget

Last edited:
Wait... they don't.... but I still see the flag waving on the back of trucks and plastered on rear windows, guess someone is gonna have to break it to them...:( #Warbetweenthestates #Neverforget

Lmao I love it, that was just a jab at the rednecks, the rednecks here aren't that unbareable if I am being honest. I'm Anti-Trump basically 100% of the way yet I still find a friend in a guy who's full conservative, pro-trump, hates illegals etc. As long as you can accept the difference and ignore it/don't let it get in the way, you can still make friends. At least that's how it is with me in minnesota, not sure about anywhere else.

Lmao I love it, that was just a jab at the rednecks, the rednecks here aren't that unbareable if I am being honest. I'm Anti-Trump basically 100% of the way yet I still find a friend in a guy who's full conservative, pro-trump, hates illegals etc. As long as you can accept the difference and ignore it/don't let it get in the way, you can still make friends. At least that's how it is with me in minnesota, not sure about anywhere else.
I know what your saying, most of my family is from rural Georgia and I live in South Florida which has it's own type of redneck. Good people have their faults, and you can bust their chops sometimes.

Dear guests with bags,
Please put them at the beginning of your stuff. Having a belt crammed with groceries and your bags waaaayyyy at the end does me no good.

To the guests who get it and hand me the bags, I thank you. To the ones who don't, stop being dumbasses.

Thnx,
Your friendly Target tm

Dear guests with bags,
Please put them at the beginning of your stuff. Having a belt crammed with groceries and your bags waaaayyyy at the end does me no good.

To the guests who get it and hand me the bags, I thank you. To the ones who don't, stop being dumbasses.

Thnx,
Your friendly Target tm

I know! When they bury the bags and I have no idea that they brought re-usable ones, I DO NOT unbag the plastic bags and re-pack everything. Fuck that when I'm busy.

TTOG:
me: "Hi, what can I get star-"
you: "Venti Pike, no room."
me: "-ted for you? One Pike...."
*sleeves a cup
you: "Do you at LEAST have any brewed?!"
me: "Sure do..."
*pours a Venti decaf
me: "Here ya go. Have a ni-"
*you grab the cup & walk off

Some mornings I go thru a LOT of decaf.

TTOG:
me: "Hi, what can I get star-"
you: "Venti Pike, no room."
me: "-ted for you? One Pike...."
*sleeves a cup
you: "Do you at LEAST have any brewed?!"
me: "Sure do..."
*pours a Venti decaf
me: "Here ya go. Have a ni-"

Some mornings I go thru a LOT of decaf.

That's just ordinary coffee, right? How do you get away with putting decaf in the cup? The only time I tried decaf, I spat it back in the cup because it tasted completely different from regular coffee.

TTOtherG: You were sitting in my empty cafe, no line at the window, on your phone.
THEN you come up & ask me if your drink is ready.
??
You then tell me you ordered/paid for it on your phone & it said it would be ready at XX location.
I then tell YOU that we don't have 'on-line' ordering & that your drink is likely ready at the Starbucks about a mile down the road from us.
You said you wanted to pick it up 'here' because you were shopping here.
I asked if you could cancel your order but you couldn't & you didn't understand why I couldn't just 'give' you your drink here.
I said I'd be glad to fix you your drink but you would have to pay MY store, that I couldn't 'give' you a drink you hadn't paid for 'here' so you wandered off to get your drink.
Dude, there was NO ONE else here; WHY couldn't you just come to the counter 12 feet away to place your order?!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back