To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past Saturday I was working salesfloor and we had someone manage to walk off with 3 of those Dryson Vacuum Cleaners. Don't know how he managed to get those things out the door. The one thing is with the hours being cut we just don't have enough people to watch and also get the zone done and reshop put up. That and going of backup because 3 cashiers called off.

No. Greatest theft story ever.

Lady walks right up to where we sell memory cards for cameras. She pulls a tiny pair of scissors out of her pocket and cuts a memory card. Luckily I was right there and was like, "Ma'am, I am right here. You shouldn't have done that." What was worse is that as soon as she walked away I called AP and let them know. But then I got distracted with another guest and had my back turned for maybe 30 seconds. She came back real quick and cut another one and stuck it in her infants car seat.

Me and the AP were so ticked that we didnt catch the lady.

(I hope that isnt too revealing of company info... PM me if it is)

I had a guest once make the comment that "if we're trying to be a grocery store we should have baggers". Heck, the grocery stores around here don't even have baggers half the time. Then there was the man with 1 small bag who made the comment, "Aren't you going to put this in the cart?". It wasn't even heavy!

I hate the people as I'm bagging will reach over and grab the bags off before I'm even finished. I will take the bags off and put them on the end when I'm finished filling them. Keep your hands off!:mad:

Where I live, the only time you ever see a bagger in a grocery store is when they're training on their first day and don't know how to do anything else yet.

I HATE when people reach over the counter and rip their bags off! They don't know how to do it right, so they ruin the whole stack of bags. I also hate those people that sneak in behind me to throw something into my garbage. Use the garbage cans by the door or at Starbucks, don't come into my space!

To the guests who keep throwing trash in the recycling bin: READ THE DAMN SIGN! It's even got a @#$! picture on it! There's four bins there for different types including one for trash. Are you so intellectually bereft that you can't even READ A SIMPLE SIGN?!

To the guests who keep throwing trash in the recycling bin: READ THE DAMN SIGN! It's even got a @#$! picture on it! There's four bins there for different types including one for trash. Are you so intellectually bereft that you can't even READ A SIMPLE SIGN?!

Guests??? We have TMs that can't put trash in the right bins. Many times I've seen them put their lunch trash in the recycle bins. Do they not know how to read the signs?

Where I live, the only time you ever see a bagger in a grocery store is when they're training on their first day and don't know how to do anything else yet.

I HATE when people reach over the counter and rip their bags off! They don't know how to do it right, so they ruin the whole stack of bags. I also hate those people that sneak in behind me to throw something into my garbage. Use the garbage cans by the door or at Starbucks, don't come into my space!
I had a guest come up to me one day, slam their cup down and demand I throw it out for them before turning around and walking away.

The guests in my line were all "O_O"

To the one guest who stopped at GS to see if had an item. . .I was in working in A7 or so and she was looking for something back and seasonal. Over the walkie, I said we carried it...But of course that wasn't enough. So I walk back to seasonal and let them know the price and kinds that we have. The TM says "thanks". I figure, since I was back there, I would go print some signs. As I sit down to print, the TM asks if I can bring the item up. I take it up front, the guest puts it in her shopping cart, and goes off to shop in the store for a freakin hour. Really? I had to walk the length of the store TWICE so you could....what? Why? Why did I have to bring that to you? I don't understand. You my friend are the reason I can't get my workload done. You and everyone like you. I hate you.

Sorry. Bad day.

Dear guest, I'm performing a carry out as a courtesy to you. Do not insist on driving the flat or tub yourself, it is Target's property and if you lose control of it it's a liability for us. Again, do not just grab the flat out of my hands.

Dear guest,

If it doesn't scan, it's free right?
"Can I help you find something?"
"Yeah, my wife/kid/relative/sanity!"
Workin' hard or hardly workin'?

is not funny at all, it wasn't the first time I heard it and it certainly isn't now. Kindly shut up and keep your lame jokes to yourself. :blowup:

Dear guest,

What made you think I would say yes to your request of me cutting the tags off the shirt you were trying on so you could "pay for it and then go to work without having to go home to change clothes." Really, how dumb do you think I am?

:facepalm:

To the disgusting specimens that invaded Food Ave this morning: I hope I never have to see any of you again. Not only did you SMELL worse than anyone I've ever been forced to help before, but all of you were completely lacking in manners and any other form of social grace. Take your filthy appearances and crude behavior elsewhere, you inconsiderate swine!

Heh those people drive me nuts. Yea you can get a discount on this TV. Sign up for a Red Card.

No you can't use my discount.

Speaking of lame jokes...

Seems like I always get people out in the parking lot who say something like:

:: weather is nice ::
"Ha, you have a great job today don't ya?"

:: weather is bad ::
"You don't have such a great job today!" ...Seriously ************ OFF, I don't need you to remind me constantly. Plus its not THAT bad. Maybe if you weren't afraid of rain.

"Looks like you've done this before!" --Yes I have... Now unless you have something worthwhile to say, please get out of my way.

It always seems like 95% of people inside or out, who spew forth these unoriginal one liners are 60+ year old males.... This demographic can be so challenged when it comes to shopping sometimes.... /sigh

And on an unrelated note... I hate when it rains and guests who are terrified of rain seem to come out of the walls to shop here... "Omg! the carts are wet!" -- Yes they are... You see that outside? Its raining. Ever seen rain before?

"Are there any dry carts?" :rolleyes::rolleyes: Why don't you look over there :: points:: , instead of standing here looking challenged...

To the makers of my work gloves. WHY must you give off a yellow stain that will not come off?

To the "guests" who saw the work we done today. Thank you for being understanding. I know you came in and expect to find your gardening supplies where it has been for 12 years only to find it moved out. Wish they would put up signs or something. Guess Target doesat least SOMETHING right...

"You don't have such a great job today!" ...Seriously ************ OFF, I don't need you to remind me constantly. Plus its not THAT bad. Maybe if you weren't afraid of rain.

"Looks like you've done this before!" --Yes I have... Now unless you have something worthwhile to say, please get out of my way

So true! :D

For the last time, I don't give a @#$% that Walmart does it. WE DON'T!
If you think we'll be hurt losing such an 'important' (read 'entitiled') guest like yourself, we won't worry a bit. After all, who'd notice YOU missing among the hoards of guests coming in here daily? And take your ill-mannered kids, too. :mad:

"Looks like you've done this before!" --Yes I have... Now unless you have something worthwhile to say, please get out of my way.

It always seems like 95% of people inside or out, who spew forth these unoriginal one liners are 60+ year old males.... This demographic can be so challenged when it comes to shopping sometimes.... /sigh

And on an unrelated note... I hate when it rains and guests who are terrified of rain seem to come out of the walls to shop here... "Omg! the carts are wet!" -- Yes they are... You see that outside? Its raining. Ever seen rain before?

"Are there any dry carts?" :rolleyes::rolleyes: Why don't you look over there :: points:: , instead of standing here looking challenged...

I find it kinda odd that the weather is ALL our CA can talk about. If I see him on my lunch break, he'll say it's raining. Or if I pass him as I leave my shift, It's gonna storm today. Another one of his comments, roads are icy, we're getting 3 more inches of snow. I find myself trying to avoid any contact with him.

I find it kinda odd that the weather is ALL our CA can talk about. If I see him on my lunch break, he'll say it's raining. Or if I pass him as I leave my shift, It's gonna storm today. Another one of his comments, roads are icy, we're getting 3 more inches of snow. I find myself trying to avoid any contact with him.

At my store, it's all the guests seem to want to talk to ME about. :confused: Yes, guests, I am AWARE that "phew, it's a scorcher!" today; I've been out here pushing carts for the last three hours. Now unless you'd like to tell me something that I don't already know, kindly get out of my way: you're blocking the cart door!

It's like they consider you a field meteorologist or something simply because you're outside part of the day.
*Another line when the weather is nice:
Wow, what a nice day! Wish I had YOUR job! Ha ha!
No, you don't.

To the guest who said to me "You stupid f@g, you need to learn to bag groceries"; Given your obese condition, by the time i am on an ambulance as a paramedic, you WILL be one of my patients. You will not enjoy the ride to the hospital. I'm required to treat and stabilize you. Not make it pleasant.

Furthermore, if the GSA or my ETL-GE sees you there again, you will 'PROMPTLY' be asked to get the ******* out.

This happened months ago and i'm still enraged. (And yes, i'm openly gay, often sporting a rainbow or HRC belt or bracelet at work)

Last edited:
To that one guest who deemed it a good idea to come in with their small children about a half hour before closing, and let the damn little spawn of satan run through the store, demolishing the zone, I hope you burn in rotten hell.

We were on track to get out at 10:30 tonight. Then BAM. ************ everywhere. They literally were going thru aisles doing the airplane, knocking everything over and screwing it up so much that not even touchups would do. Got out at 12:00 tonight. Team was pissed. Little bastard children.

Also, to the guests who think it's a good idea to hit a callbox and then wander away, I don't exactly appreciate having to ask every single person if I can help them for 5 minutes before you come back, hit the damn button again, and walk away AGAIN. Stupid imbeciles.

I'm quickly starting to despise the human race

* STOP REACHING OVER AND TEARING BAGS OFF.
Cripes people, that crap is just annoying AND rude.

YES YES YES! I hate when guests do this when I'm still attempting to fill a bag. I'm sorry but if you put your crap on the belt all out of "order", I need to bag like items together. Cold with cold. Chemicals with chemicals. You know the drill. But if you throw all your stuff up on the belt without it being sorted, then I'm only going to be able to put a couple of items in a bag at a time to make sure I don't "contaminate" anything. So please don't reach over and grab a bag before I've decided I'm done filling it.

We're told to not waste bags. I've been doing this over 10 years. I know how to bag. When I've decided I'm done filling a bag, I will place it at the end of my register. This is MY JOB, not yours. You do not have permission to reach into my work space to finish my job for me and if you continue to think you can do such a thing, I'll gladly go sit in the break room instead of standing here listening to you whine about this item ringing up the wrong price or your coupon not scanning or the lines being too long. Good golly, this is one huge pet peeve of mine.

Honestly, I'd rather they came into "my space" to throw their garbage away than just leave it in their carts or on the belt or around the store. 9 times out of 10 they ask if they can throw something away and the other times, they barely even step into my register area. They just toss the trash away without getting in my way and I don't mind.

^Don't forget this little 'gem':

Cashier: "Do you have any coupons or giftcards you'd like to use today?"
Guest: "Only if you've got some you'd like to give me!"

UGH!!! *palmface*

I. HATE. THIS!
There aren't any words to explain how much I can't stand this.
First of all, why would I have a collection of coupons back here? Second of all, if, for some lame reason I did, I wouldn't waste my time searching through them to see if you could use any. Finally, you're note funny. I just have to ask you this. I don't expect any response other than "yes, here they are" or "no, not today."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back