To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our GSTL told a guest that they couldn't buy a display vacuum. After the GSTL left the guest's company the put the display in their cart anyways and went to check out. Who did they run into? Yep. You guessed it. That was a good day.

Proof that some people are just very stupid and entitled...-shakes head- I wouldn't be surprised if the man I had to deal with...he actually came looking for me to help him, and unluckily I had just come out of the office after getting a new walkie...had done the same thing.

To that one guest who was in line behind that biotch, thanks for that compliment. Turned the whole day around, to be honest.

I can't believe Target allows people to return things after 90 fricking days. It doesn't take that long to realize you don't want something. The woman with the attitude refused to pay until I found out if the return policy was indeed 90 days. I didn't know it. I didn't mind finding out for her, but she had the worst attitude about it. Guest behind her wanted to yell at her haha, thought I handled it well. My mom always told me to kill em with kindness, so that's just how I roll, usually.

To that one guest that yelled at me because my store didn't take food stamps:

Newsflash. it's a LIQUOR STORE. granted we sell gatorade, water, and all the junk food that you would have gotten anyways,

it's a LIQUOR STORE. there should have been an alarm that went off in your under 50 IQ head that said "hey, this place might not take food stamps. let me bully the cashier and be a complete fucking asshole"

it's a wonder you were able to get a drivers license. unless you sucked off the instructor.

Guest: I'd like the display model.
ME: Sorry, we can't sell the display model.
Guest: But I want it!
ME: Yes, I know, but we aren't allowed the sell the display model.

Next Day:
Guest at Service Desk: I bought this toaster and it doesn't have an electric cord - I couldn't even plug it in! What kinda crap do you sell anyway?
ME: I told you last night that we aren't allowed to sell the display models. This is why.

To that one horrible, shitty, bitchy guest I had today: Fuck. You. That is all.

My favorite was the time a guest was demanding to be sold a display model and the poor HL TM was trying to explain why she couldn't and the guest wasn't hearing it.
So I came up and explained that the power cords were cut off and picked it up only to realize I'd missed that one when I did the set a couple of days before (which was why we didn't have the product).
Before the guest could say anything I cut the cord and walked away.

So last night, my GSTL called for a backup and I was at the fitting room talking with my SL/FRO about zone and such (at my store the fitting room is pretty much across from the lanes) so I called over the walkie that I would head up. There are two guests standing out. The first one has like 10 things maybe and the first thing he says is "Not to be a jerk or anything." and I'm thinking 'please for the love of god don't finish that sentience.' He proceeds to tell me that EVERY TIME he comes into our store he not only drops a lot of money into our registers, but he always waits in line forever and that we really need to fix what ever system we are using. also drops this line on me "I have better things to do at 8 o'clock on a Saturday night then stand in line at target." So being polite I apologized and said that we have been having some issues and unexpected things come up at Food ave and guest service (which were true). He doesn't care, then my GSA comes walking by and again the guy complains to him. My GSA says the same thing to him and that he will make sure to give the feedback to the higher ups and leaves. The guest turns to me and says "You know sorry isn't going to cut it you guys really need to start fixing this problem." All I could think was, if you have better things to do then be here and stand in line then why aren't you out doing them?

So last night, my GSTL called for a backup and I was at the fitting room talking with my SL/FRO about zone and such (at my store the fitting room is pretty much across from the lanes) so I called over the walkie that I would head up. There are two guests standing out. The first one has like 10 things maybe and the first thing he says is "Not to be a jerk or anything." and I'm thinking 'please for the love of god don't finish that sentience.' He proceeds to tell me that EVERY TIME he comes into our store he not only drops a lot of money into our registers, but he always waits in line forever and that we really need to fix what ever system we are using. also drops this line on me "I have better things to do at 8 o'clock on a Saturday night then stand in line at target." So being polite I apologized and said that we have been having some issues and unexpected things come up at Food ave and guest service (which were true). He doesn't care, then my GSA comes walking by and again the guy complains to him. My GSA says the same thing to him and that he will make sure to give the feedback to the higher ups and leaves. The guest turns to me and says "You know sorry isn't going to cut it you guys really need to start fixing this problem." All I could think was, if you have better things to do then be here and stand in line then why aren't you out doing them?

I absolutely HATE when people say that!!!! I actually told one guest who used it "Well, you just go do whatever it is you have to do. We'll call you when it's ready and you can come back whenever it's more convenient for you". She was pissed because her doctor didn't write the directions on the prescription and we had to wait for them to call us back with them. What REALLY ticked her off was that we wouldn't just "take her word for what he told her" since it didn't make sense with the amount he wrote it for, it was different than the last time she had it, AND it was a controlled substance. Of course, they called about 2 minutes after she left...LOL!

I absolutely HATE when people say that!!!! I actually told one guest who used it "Well, you just go do whatever it is you have to do. We'll call you when it's ready and you can come back whenever it's more convenient for you". She was pissed because her doctor didn't write the directions on the prescription and we had to wait for them to call us back with them. What REALLY ticked her off was that we wouldn't just "take her word for what he told her" since it didn't make sense with the amount he wrote it for, it was different than the last time she had it, AND it was a controlled substance. Of course, they called about 2 minutes after she left...LOL!
Then they freak out when you ask for id.

To the women (and it's ALWAYS women) who place & pay for their order, then do a quick run to the bathroom/checklane/deli/pharmacy/any place within a 10 mi radius: We made your drink(s) & had them ready. I'm sorry they were cold by the time you got back but that's not my problem; it's yours. If you don't like cold lattes, pick up your @#$%!! drink a little sooner!
I'm going back over to FA before I have to get the degreaser again....

Guest: I'd like the display model.
ME: Sorry, we can't sell the display model.
Guest: But I want it!
ME: Yes, I know, but we aren't allowed the sell the display model.

Next Day:
Guest at Service Desk: I bought this toaster and it doesn't have an electric cord - I couldn't even plug it in! What kinda crap do you sell anyway?
ME: I told you last night that we aren't allowed to sell the display models. This is why.

This seems like it would be a two-day plot on the Retail comic.

Anyway, for anyone who wants a display, I am gonna start telling the guests that one day I saw a deranged guest start taking parts off the display models, lick them, and put them back on.

To that one guest -

I apologize for you finding some out of date macaroni and cheese on the shelf (sadly 4 months out of date, which is even worse given how long the stuff lasts)....

But, accusing Target of helping Kraft defraud the American people because the Three Cheese variety doesn't actually tell you which three cheeses are in it (The ingredients just specify cheese sauce mix)...I had all I could to keep from either laughing in your face, and had to hurry to the back so I could finally let loose.....is there nothing better you have to do with your time?

To that one guest -

I apologize for you finding some out of date macaroni and cheese on the shelf (sadly 4 months out of date, which is even worse given how long the stuff lasts)....

But, accusing Target of helping Kraft defraud the American people because the Three Cheese variety doesn't actually tell you which three cheeses are in it (The ingredients just specify cheese sauce mix)...I had all I could to keep from either laughing in your face, and had to hurry to the back so I could finally let loose.....is there nothing better you have to do with your time?

I wish I had been there. No, wait, maybe not. Then we both would have gotten in trouble for laughing in the guest's face. Cause we would've made the mistake of looking at each other and :laugh4:.

To that one guest -

Good thing you didn't tell them it's not even real cheese. Although, it would make for a great story if you did. :laugh4:

Last edited:
Seven, six, five . . .
Bob Evans' Six Cheese pasta lists five cheeses on the front and seven on the back, if you count something called "hot pepper cheese food." ;)

CRO_selling_it_six_cheese_7-13.jpg

to that one guest:

just because i sold you a 200 dollar bottle of cognac doesn't mean you can be an obnoxious motherfucking piece of shit for 45 minutes. don't pretend you don't know english. pay up and get your fucking purchase and fuck off.

The express lanes where I work clearly say 10 items or less. Most will try to keep it to that or if they are over a little will apologize. I've had some who just don't even look and unload 20, 30 or more items on the belt. If I see them before they unload I say something, but it usually so busy I don't notice, so I can't say anything. This one lady had 40 items and I'm ringing as fast as I can because there's a line. The guest next in line decides she's had enough, she reads the riot act to the gal. The lady who had all the items looks up at the lane light and says "OH, I didn't even notice." and laughs. Lady number two isn't letting her off the hook, she tells her if she'd hang up her damn phone she'd see what's right in front of her nose. Lady number one pays for her stuff and scurries off never really apologizing. I thank lady 2 because I can't say what she said. She just said she's tired of people getting away with stuff like that. I could have hugged her. :yess:

To that guest at the Pharmacy who screamed bloody murder because her meds were in a blister pack. "I have arthritis you know, I can't push these out." she screamed. "You there." pointing at one of the techs "Put these in a bottle now!" I take them back to the tech and she tries to tell the guest it will be 5 minutes. She screams "like hell it will! I want them NOW!" The tech quickly gets them in a bottle and I take them to the elderly lady. I say "here you go, maybe you should have your doctor write the instructions for them to be put in a bottle in the first place." She grabs the bag and screams at me "You go to hell." I just smile and say "have a nice day." The guest behind her just shook her head and I shrugged "can't please everyone." My tech gave me kudos for handling her so calmly. I told her I used to work Guest Service. lol

To that guest at the Pharmacy who screamed bloody murder because her meds were in a blister pack. "I have arthritis you know, I can't push these out." she screamed. "You there." pointing at one of the techs "Put these in a bottle now!" I take them back to the tech and she tries to tell the guest it will be 5 minutes. She screams "like hell it will! I want them NOW!" The tech quickly gets them in a bottle and I take them to the elderly lady. I say "here you go, maybe you should have your doctor write the instructions for them to be put in a bottle in the first place." She grabs the bag and screams at me "You go to hell." I just smile and say "have a nice day." The guest behind her just shook her head and I shrugged "can't please everyone." My tech gave me kudos for handling her so calmly. I told her I used to work Guest Service. lol

We have a guest like that....we've just learned to accommodate her "special needs". The one time we couldn't was when her doctor ordered an ODT med that specifically says NOT to remove it from the blister pack because it WILL disintegrate if it is put in a bottle. She still insisted we put it in a bottle so we explained that if we did, she would have to be REALLY CAREFUL with them because they would start falling apart if they were jostled around. Well, she threw them in her purse and *SURPRISE, SURPRISE*, she goes to take one and they've basically turned into powder. She called bitching and the pharmacist pretty much said "I told you so...." ;)

I hate guests that follow you when you're zoning. You zone a section and move on to the next and they shop from the first section. Repeat all the way down the aisle. Happens in the freezers all the time.

I hate guests that follow you when you're zoning. You zone a section and move on to the next and they shop from the first section. Repeat all the way down the aisle. Happens in the freezers all the time.

Or they stand and watch you zone a section (this happens in the granola bar aisle all the time) and the minute you move to the next section they're right there and completely demolish the one you just did. I so want to say to those guest, "Could you at least wait until I'm out of this aisle before you destroy what I just did.".

Thats why my store never actively zoned Market during the evening. We always team zoned it after closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back