To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate when guests storm over to the service desk & snap that the cashier "rang up the wrong price". Lady, we just scan & bag. we *don't enter the wrong price*.

THIS! "She charged me for 2 of them." Sorry it accidentally double scanned.
"She charged me $5 when it's supposed to be $3." No, the system did. Did you see the cashier manually enter the price? Cannot stand it.

I will never understand why people who say that they hate Target still shop there. I once had a guest who was buying a whole bunch of expensive clothes, and during the transaction, she kept talking about how much she hates Target. I struggled to resist the urge to ask her why she was there buying $350 worth of clothes if she hates the store so much.
Lol. Recently I had some woman getting a LOT of stuff, and throughout the transaction all she would say is, "omg you guys are SO expensive! expect more, pay more is more like it! other places are faaaaaaaar cheaper" etc.

My TL was nearby and overheard her and came over, and was like, "Oh really? Which places do you think are cheaper than us? :D WalMart?"

Her: YES! WalMart has waaaay better prices."
TL: Oh, so you price-check each and every item between us and other stores?"
Her: OF COURSE!!!!

blah blah blah.

I'm surprised my TL didn't try to promote the redCard, but that's another mention altogether. :C

Sorry to of hijacked your comment, it's just... yeah.

Throughout the whole transaction all I was thinking was, "Okay... if we're so horrible and expensive, then why are you buying all this stuff?"
I hate when guests storm over to the service desk & snap that the cashier "rang up the wrong price". Lady, we just scan & bag. we *don't enter the wrong price*. If it comes up asking for a price, we're gonna call over a GSTL to scan it any way &, likely as not, it MIGHT be on clearance.
Can't stand people who get in line after I've shut my light off &, when I tell other guests that I'm closed, they look up from their iphone ("i" stands for "I'm so self absorbed") & ask "Oh? You're light was on when I got in line."
No it wasn't, you ditz.
I hate the people on phones in general, and they are on it from the beginning of the transaction and throughout. Those people normally take FOREVER because they're too absorbed in their convo and I'm standing there going (My poor score ;3; Bye-bye 100% G...)

---

Oh, and the people who are "Teaching" theri kids how to pay for items. THEY TAKE FOREVERRR.
And the change people. ("Oh, wait! I think I have exact change ~~~~")
Or the people who are never prepared to pay in general. Don't know about you, but I try to have my wallet at the ready whenever I check-out.
Cripes I could go on and on.

Last edited:
Whenever I cashier my personal policy is "If you don't talk to me, I won't talk to you." It seems like when I say hi to people who are on the the phone I just get an evil look. I gave up and started only telling them their total if they are on the phone.

Whenever I cashier my personal policy is "If you don't talk to me, I won't talk to you." It seems like when I say hi to people who are on the the phone I just get an evil look. I gave up and started only telling them their total if they are on the phone.

I do the same. I used to try and engage with them a little but would just get ignored and it's extremely frustrating. So I've gone by the same policy... if you don't talk to me, I'm not talking to you.

Lol. Recently I had some woman getting a LOT of stuff, and throughout the transaction all she would say is, "omg you guys are SO expensive! expect more, pay more is more like it! other places are faaaaaaaar cheaper" etc.

My TL was nearby and overheard her and came over, and was like, "Oh really? Which places do you think are cheaper than us? :D WalMart?"

Her: YES! WalMart has waaaay better prices."
TL: Oh, so you price-check each and every item between us and other stores?"
Her: OF COURSE!!!!

blah blah blah.

I'm surprised my TL didn't try to promote the redCard, but that's another mention altogether. :C

Sorry to of hijacked your comment, it's just... yeah.

Throughout the whole transaction all I was thinking was, "Okay... if we're so horrible and expensive, then why are you buying all this stuff?"

I hate the people on phones in general, and they are on it from the beginning of the transaction and throughout. Those people normally take FOREVER because they're too absorbed in their convo and I'm standing there going (My poor score ;3; Bye-bye 100% G...)

---

Oh, and the people who are "Teaching" theri kids how to pay for items. THEY TAKE FOREVERRR.
And the change people. ("Oh, wait! I think I have exact change ~~~~")
Or the people who are never prepared to pay in general. Don't know about you, but I try to have my wallet at the ready whenever I check-out.
Cripes I could go on and on.

I get what you mean. If it's cheaper go to Wal-Mart.... That's what I do!!! Lol. Target doesn't pay me enough to shop here so I do go where the prices are lower. They're still lower even tho I get a discoutnt at Target lol!!!

I give them a hello, how are you? If they ignore me, I don't say anything else except their total. Many times, they hang up by then and try to chat. I give them silence in return so they get it.

aaaaaaaand the ones that were on the phone during the whole trans are the ones that come back & complain about *mistakes* on their receipts.
Maybe if you'd paid attention during the trans, you'd have caught it BEFORE leaving & no, I can't fix it over the phone for you. That's what caused your problem in the first place.

I give them a hello, how are you? If they ignore me, I don't say anything else except their total. Many times, they hang up by then and try to chat. I give them silence in return so they get it.

One of our former cashiers (she quit for another job) told me about a woman who walked up talking on her cell. The cashier told her hello. Guest ignored her. Cashier finished ringing her up and told her the total. Guest just ran her card. So the cashier instead of telling her goodby just kinda waved at her. Woman walks a few steps away, turns, and says to the cashier, "You're not very friendly, are you?" and walked away (still talking on her cell). The cashier and the next guest both just stood there with their mouths hanging open.

One of our former cashiers (she quit for another job) told me about a woman who walked up talking on her cell. The cashier told her hello. Guest ignored her. Cashier finished ringing her up and told her the total. Guest just ran her card. So the cashier instead of telling her goodby just kinda waved at her. Woman walks a few steps away, turns, and says to the cashier, "You're not very friendly, are you?" and walked away (still talking on her cell). The cashier and the next guest both just stood there with their mouths hanging open.

Thats great :D:D:D

It drives me crazy when...

I'm on register and shut off my light to go home or on break/lunch (which we have to do on time so as not to go into compliance or screw up the rest of the break schedule) and guests walk up as I'm finishing my last transaction. I politely inform them I'm closed after my current guest, apologize and try to let them know of a nearby register with little-to-no wait. 9 times out of 10 the guests I've turned down get very huffy/pissy and make negative remarks about how they have to wait in line. I'm sorry but it's not my fault you failed to notice my light was turned off when there are 4 or 5 other registers with their lights turned on.

This. I was cashiering one time and a guy yelled at me because I "refused" to serve him. The GSTL told him that I needed to go to my lunch and the guest still threw a fit

"What do you mean you are closed. You have a customer right there. I'm a paying customer god damn it!"

and yes he did say that. I have a pretty good memory. Hell I remember how my interview went back in 2009 for Target.

I hate when guests storm over to the service desk & snap that the cashier "rang up the wrong price". Lady, we just scan & bag. we *don't enter the wrong price*. If it comes up asking for a price, we're gonna call over a GSTL to scan it any way &, likely as not, it MIGHT be on clearance.
Can't stand people who get in line after I've shut my light off &, when I tell other guests that I'm closed, they look up from their iphone ("i" stands for "I'm so self absorbed") & ask "Oh? You're light was on when I got in line."
No it wasn't, you ditz.

Yeah. Its not like the old days when you manually entered the information,

Classic! :cool:

I had a guest yell at my for ringing up an item that came out as $4.99 and she said it was $4.49 on the shelf.

Normally I would be like, ok it's only .50 cents, I'll just change it, but this person was very rude and no one was in my line so I turned off my light and called for the GSTL.

Guest was angry saying how the customer is always right and that the price should get changed, normally even my GSTL would just OK the change but I guess she felt the same as me with the way the guest was acting so we double check, and what would you have guess, the guest was wrong. Guest even had the nerve to say we were reading the shelf wrong and she didn't want the item no more.

Another one was a lady trying to use a coupon on a item. She hands me the coupon and I look at it and the item and clearly see they don't match. The brand name matchs but the item itself wasn't so I told her it didn't match. She became upset and raised her voice saying other cashiers accept it, I kindly tell her that other cashiers aren't doing their job right then. She says just scan it and see if it accepts it, so I tell her that's not how it works. If the brand name matches, the coupon will be accepted by the register because it doesn't know any better, but we can't accept it.
So she just grabs her things says she is going to go to another lane, she does and I tell the cashier to double check the coupons, she doesn't and accepts it -.-
Lady walks out the store giving me a dirty look.

Karma is a b!tch in red stiletto heels...
I'm sure she felt real smug getting her .55 cents for her item. She probably made it home & discovered she got the wrong color/scent/flavor/size.
But, hey, she showed you, huh?

I had a guest yell at my for ringing up an item that came out as $4.99 and she said it was $4.49 on the shelf.

Normally I would be like, ok it's only .50 cents, I'll just change it, but this person was very rude and no one was in my line so I turned off my light and called for the GSTL.

Guest was angry saying how the customer is always right and that the price should get changed, normally even my GSTL would just OK the change but I guess she felt the same as me with the way the guest was acting so we double check, and what would you have guess, the guest was wrong. Guest even had the nerve to say we were reading the shelf wrong and she didn't want the item no more.

I'm just in hardlines, so you wouldn't think I would notice the same people who come through the lines trying to argue prices. But there is this one lady who does. She will argue quite a few prices. Not to the point where it's obviously wrong, but small amounts. Normally I'd just change it because I hate calling for price checks (and hate getting them). But for this one I called the GSTL over after being ripped off by her in the past. Proved the lady wrong.

My favorites are the people who argue about clearance prices. "The sign said 30% off!" Yeah, the sign also said "price as marked." the price is literally on the item. And I don't even know of a function on the register to take a certain amount off.

It is done under price change on register. Enter the % amt & hit enter key. Most of the complainers avoid me on backup register, because they know I will say no, almost every time. Or turn off my light & walk back to the product location with the guest & asking what you were saying it was?

It is done under price change on register. Enter the % amt & hit enter key. Most of the complainers avoid me on backup register, because they know I will say no, almost every time. Or turn off my light & walk back to the product location with the guest & asking what you were saying it was?

One of the reasons I miss my ULV store... can't get away with walking away from the lanes like that at our AA

It drives me crazy when...

I'm on register and shut off my light to go home or on break/lunch (which we have to do on time so as not to go into compliance or screw up the rest of the break schedule) and guests walk up as I'm finishing my last transaction. I politely inform them I'm closed after my current guest, apologize and try to let them know of a nearby register with little-to-no wait. 9 times out of 10 the guests I've turned down get very huffy/pissy and make negative remarks about how they have to wait in line. I'm sorry but it's not my fault you failed to notice my light was turned off when there are 4 or 5 other registers with their lights turned on.

Ugh. I had this happen to me yesterday. I was directing a guest to a different line b/c I was trying to get a salesfloor TM off lane (apparently, he didn't see the light off and me sprawled awkwardly trying to block on the lane as much as possible trying to make it immediately evident it was closed). He was on his last transaction. I redirected him to a line that had a guest that had about 5 items.

He said, "Last time I was here the nice girl took me even though she was about to leave."

I responded, "Huh...that was nice of her. I still need you to move over here".

I'll add that the way he said it was in a very smart a** tone. Seriously. We have one person on the salesfloor right now and she is on back-up. Therefore, I will get her off lane, even if it means you waiting an extra 30 seconds. Sorry!

I can't stand when guests complain about having to wait 5 minutes in line (or a few longer, depending.) They're the same guests that complain we rang up their merchandise too fast for them to catch any pricing errors or that we process transactions too fast and don't interact with them enough.

You can't have it speedy and slow at the same time folks!

About a year ago during the lunch rush we had some pretty long lines with backup. There was a lady in my line that actually called our operater to complain. Said she was a regular Tgt shopper and shouldn't have to wait so long! Right, we'll let you go right to the head of the line:rolleyes: cause the others who are so patiently waiting but you do. When she did get to my register she just left her overflowing cart and walked out making a sarcastic statement as she did.

Walking down an aisle...
*merchandise...
...merchandise...
...merchandise...
... *sigh* Starbucks cup...
merchandise...
...Pizza Hut box...
...end of aisle*

Going along with that... the guests that decide they don't need an item anymore while at the register. They tell me "I decided against this" while placing the item on the end cap or the gum at my register.

I'm right here. Why wouldn't you just give it to me?

I had a handbasket in my hand, going along the lanes picking up all the strays decorating our endcaps & came up alongside a lady who was plopping more items on the endcap as she was unloading her cart.
me: I'll take those for you.
her: I don't want 'em.
me: yes ma'am, I'll take care of them. Your cashier also has a bin for anything you don't want.
her: Yeah, I don't want 'em....
me: *sigh inwardly*

Dear m'am,
You're a prime example of why cashiers might loathe couponers.
I hope I never have to deal with you again.

& Other m'am:
If you don't want to sign up for a RedCard, then fine.
But I would appreciate it if you didn't go talking loudly about how we "purposefully" charge everyone without a card 5% more.
Do you go into Ralphs or Albertsons or any place with a rewards card with OBVIOUS "members only" prices and spew such stuff?
Gosh.

Last edited:
Walking down an aisle...
*merchandise...
...merchandise...
...merchandise...
merchandise...
...Pizza Hut box...
...end of aisle*

I think I found about 5 different cups all from food avenue and about 3 pizza boxes when I closed tonight. I thought there was a pizza party in electronics.

Walking down an aisle...
*merchandise...
...merchandise...
...merchandise...
merchandise...
...Pizza Hut box...
...end of aisle*

Empty cart
Empty cart
Starbucks cups
empty cart
popcorn and pizza hut + other half eaten food
empty cart
sample cups + napkins
empty cart
MORE SAMPLE CUPS + napkins
empty cart
etc.
etc.

:D:D Seems like a lot of people were never brought up to use the almighty trash can. Kinda funny too considering each sample station has a trash can, and we have them at the front end as well as the store exterior on entrance+exit.

On a second note, I did a sales floor shift the other week and when we were doing our nightly zone, I was appalled at the number of starbucks beverages that I found mixed in with merchandise. Freaking slobs....

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back