To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I came in to it. It had been sitting in the hold area & I asked the GSA who was about to leave what it was. She said, "Oops, that's still there?" I looked at the suspend slip time as she gave me the background & pointed out the perishables. *forehead slap*

I have to say, I'm with your friend.

If I want to bring a drink in with me, what's it to you?

Now I know there are some stores that simply don't allow food or drink on the sales floor and that I can understand.

BUT, if I went in a restaurant, ordered something to eat, asked for a cup of ice for my drink and they told me I couldn't do that.

My response would begin with F and end with U.
If the place has an no outside food or drinks sign then I would respect that, but if it didn't, then I usually have some form of beverage be it water, gatorade, or soda on me as I am a thirsty person.
She didn't care if they had a sign or not, she'd still take it in.

That's the only part that particularly bothers me. It gets confusing for me as a cashier because sometimes our guests will start drinking our bottles that they're buying (which really pisses me off) and I never know whether the bottle is theirs or ours.
This is primarily where most of my issue lies, particularly where my friend was concerned....I can't even COUNT the number of times we were either stopped in a store and asked if she "planned on paying for her drink" or the cashier asked her for the bottle so she could ring it up.

AFA asking for the glass of ice, if you're in a fast-food place, that's one thing, but in a sit-down restaurant, there's a whole host of issues....my friend used to get "charged" because the waiter/waitress didn't KNOW she was "pouring her own" drink in the glass and thought someone else had brought it to her, her glass had been "refilled" on MULTIPLE occasions, and it's a health code violation in many places.

To that one guest who got in my line after I turned my light out to go on my first break and proceeded to drop a glass bottle of yeast on the floor and then stand there and stare at me like I was the one who dropped it. I didn't get angry but I was a little peeved when you didn't even try to clean it up or at least move considering there was glass where you were standing. But you really pushed it when you told me that you really needed the yeast and could I go get you another one?

You lucky I was too tired to tell you to get it yourself. I will never understand guests who either are too lazy to get stuff themselves or think it's your job to get it for them. Maybe if I was the one to drop it, maybe that would be acceptable but not if it's something that you did.

I love backup cashiering, and people can obviously see that my light is out, and they continue to just pile up and pile up, even after the lanes are back to normal.

I swear, one day I'm gonna just walk away. Just finish up with the last person that was there when the light was on, sign off, and walk off without saying a word, leaving them with their cart full of groceries loaded up on the non-moving belt.

I guess a turned-off light is guest-speak for "It's okay...YOU can come into my line".

I love backup cashiering, and people can obviously see that my light is out, and they continue to just pile up and pile up, even after the lanes are back to normal.

I swear, one day I'm gonna just walk away. Just finish up with the last person that was there when the light was on, sign off, and walk off without saying a word, leaving them with their cart full of groceries loaded up on the non-moving belt.

if you do that, don't expect any mercy from the gstl/gsa.....

Sir, you are a JERK. I loathe you, and I hope karma comes to bite you in the butt for the stunt you pulled today.

---

Backstory: Guy comes into my line, I ring him up and everything seems fine. Then he gets upset, claiming that the emerson microwave he had was supposed to be 69.99.

"I'm sorry, sir," I say, "It's already ringing up as being on sale from 99.99..."

Of course, he wasn't happy with that, so in the end I apologised, and asked if he would be okay with waiting for them to do a price check and see what's up. He agrees, and then insists on going with the GSA so that he can "show her where it is".

Okay.

So in the time it takes for them to take care of checking the price and everything, I go ahead and ring up the waiting guests, and eventually he returns.

Turns out the microwave "was in the wrong spot", and he got the correct one.

Okay, right?

So I apologise for the trouble, bring up the suspended transaction and ring up the 69.99 microwave - and then IT starts.

I tell him the total, and he pulls out his wallet, looks through it before glaring at me and telling me that he had handed over his "discount card" and credit card to me at the original transaction start (He hadn't).

I tell him, no, that he hadn't handed me anything and he starts raging on about how he had, and how I had taken his stuff. I /KNOW/ he hadn't given me ANYTHING, but still, just in case, I look around the counter, in the drawer where the coupons and supplies are kept, around the bag area - of course, there is nothing.

We went back and forth a couple times, with him getting angrier and more brutish in his manner until he demands that, "FINE, then I want to see your manager!"

So I call over the GSA from before, explain the situation, and she goes to call AP to check the cameras.

Not a minute after she had done so, the guy suddenly goes, "Oh, wait... it's in my pocket."

---

Eff you, but thank you to the guests afterward who tried to console me and put up with me even though I was shooken up/in tears over the whole incident.

LOL...

Please know that I'm laughing WITH you and not at you, but I just don't put up with ************ like that.

Reminded me of an incident that happened to me a couple of years ago.

I was sitting behind the counter, doing paperwork and one of my clerks was on the register.

She had a customer who was being a total bleeping fill in the blank to her, but I was trying to bite my tongue.

I kept telling myself, let her handle it, what else would she do if I wasn't here, etc.

Finally, the ************head literally screamed at her that he wanted to talk to her supervisor.

Really?

Are you sure about that?

He liked what I had to say even less than he liked what she had to say.

To the one guest who pulled her money out of her bra and tried to hand it to me, I do not understand why you thought I was going to touch that money nor do I understand why you did not see an issue with it.

To the guest who literally THREW her items on the counter over the weekend, you're lucky I didn't throw them back at you...I'm sorry you had to wait, but the pharmacist and I were frantically trying to finish filling the prescriptions that the tech who had just left "forgot" to tell us were dropped off by the guests who were waiting in line AHEAD of you and you weren't even picking up anything. Furthermore, telling me "(I) should be sorry" when I apologized for the wait then saying "whatever" when I explained that we were finishing prescriptions for the previous "pharmacy customers" was just rude and uncalled for...next time, I'll simply tell you to take your laxative and slim-fast bars and walk your fat a$$ up to the "regular" check-out (since you didn't even bother to ASK if you could pay for them at the pharmacy) and wait in line up there, ESPECIALLY since I KNOW the lines were CRAZY!

To the one guest who pulled her money out of her bra and tried to hand it to me, I do not understand why you thought I was going to touch that money nor do I understand why you did not see an issue with it.

That's why they make hand sanitizer.

I've handled plenty of money over the years that came out of a bra and some that came out of even worse places.

I also one had a cute little customer who had her money in her bra. When she pulled her money out, something else came out with it...

She was mortified, but it pretty much made my night. :dance2:

To the one guest who may have been accidentally double charged -

I apologize if that is the case, but I am not allowed to just let you leave the store without verifying this is in the POS system. (I love saying over the walkie, "LOD, can you check POS, my system just crashed." Most guests just look at me like I've lost it.) If your sale doesn't show up in POS, I have to re-ring your items. Please, please, please, do NOT come back into my store later on that night and throw your card and receipt at me like a grenade, yelling at the top of your lungs. I am not deaf, I was on the phone with another guest. Wait your turn. I apologized, do not call me a b*t*h. I'm sorry you're a single mother and your kids are hungry, but it's not my fault that you have no credit on your card. If that was the case, you probably shouldn't have been buying movies for you, makeup for you, or clothes for you. The only food item on that receipt was a candy bar that I watched you eat.

It made my night when you wanted my manager. He's the one who checked POS. He's on my side. Do not tell him to just return everything off your receipt without having the items here, especially since it still wasn't showing up in POS four hours later. Your guppy face was hilarious when he said, "I'd be more than happy to double check this tomorrow for you, I'm here from 9-530." Which, conveniently, is when you said you could be here. But, my smile stretched from ear to ear when you had to reach across my large service desk counter to grab your card and receipt because that's where he left it.

So, guests, be nice to us, we'll do everything we can to be nice to you. It's like that rule in restaurants, be nice to your waitstaff and cooks. You don't know what they will do to your food if you're not. :)

To the pharmacy guest tonight who INSISTED we "gave you the wrong medicine", next time you decide to come in and make a scene, maybe you should LOOK at what you're picking up and call your doctor to find out WHAT he called in FIRST!!! I don't appreciate being called an "incompetent retard who should have her license revoked" for NO REASON!!! We filled what your doctor called in...if it wasn't what you were expecting, that's not OUR problem, you need to take it up with HIM!!!

To the one guest who may have been accidentally double charged -

I apologize if that is the case, but I am not allowed to just let you leave the store without verifying this is in the POS system. (I love saying over the walkie, "LOD, can you check POS, my system just crashed." Most guests just look at me like I've lost it.) If your sale doesn't show up in POS, I have to re-ring your items. Please, please, please, do NOT come back into my store later on that night and throw your card and receipt at me like a grenade, yelling at the top of your lungs. I am not deaf, I was on the phone with another guest. Wait your turn. I apologized, do not call me a b*t*h. I'm sorry you're a single mother and your kids are hungry, but it's not my fault that you have no credit on your card. If that was the case, you probably shouldn't have been buying movies for you, makeup for you, or clothes for you. The only food item on that receipt was a candy bar that I watched you eat.

It made my night when you wanted my manager. He's the one who checked POS. He's on my side. Do not tell him to just return everything off your receipt without having the items here, especially since it still wasn't showing up in POS four hours later. Your guppy face was hilarious when he said, "I'd be more than happy to double check this tomorrow for you, I'm here from 9-530." Which, conveniently, is when you said you could be here. But, my smile stretched from ear to ear when you had to reach across my large service desk counter to grab your card and receipt because that's where he left it.

So, guests, be nice to us, we'll do everything we can to be nice to you. It's like that rule in restaurants, be nice to your waitstaff and cooks. You don't know what they will do to your food if you're not. :)

If a guest personally attacks ME with either a word or a threat, the conversation is over, I will walk away, I will not call an LOD. Typically I call AP and they take care of it. Also, I can't stand those people who have $200 of credit and use it in reverse, like the credit they have available is the money they have.

I can't help wondering why you'd let perishables sit in a cart for 2 hours?

I think too embarrassed to admit she couldn't pay is the most likely scenario but regardless, once I saw them leave the store, I'd give her 10-15 minutes tops before I started having someone return the perishables to the coolers.

Which would not be best practice, because you dont know how long she had them in her cart to begin with. you should QMOS regardless

Whooa, once perishables come up to the front lanes they need to be QMOSd if not purchased by that guest. We have no way of knowing if they walked around for 2 minutes or 2 hours.

To the guest who chewed our "floater" pharm a new one today because her prescription had expired, maybe you should learn to READ! It CLEARLY states "REFILLS:1 to 10/29/11" on your label. The reason you were told PRIOR to getting your LAST fill that you "had 2 refills remaining" is because you did...1 for last month and 1 for this month. Had you called in on the 28th or even YESTERDAY, it wouldn't have been a problem. Don't get snippy with US because you waited until the last minute to call in your refill and pick it up on your way to the airport. And REALLY??? You HONESTLY think we have a "special phone number" we can call them on??? If you're going to make ************ up, AT LEAST make it believable...

A question that I get quite often that for whatever reason gets me so heated is "Do you work here?"

No, I love wearing a red shirt and khaki pants (when the AC never works) with a nametag that says Target on it for the hell of it. I started just looking down at my nametag and then just reply "yes" to make them feel stupid.

hahaha when I'm on break and they ask me I'm so tempted to be like "NOT RIGHT NOW I DON'T!"

To every guest that doesn't understand that $70/year limit on the drivers license return, or that you should save your recepit or pay with debit/credit card because NO we CANNOT look up your recepit on our register when you paid with cash we have thousands of guests, and that would take forever, even if we DID have a system like that, sorry but I don't make the rules, you can't return your $139 stroller.

As if we could scan a dollar bill & say, "Oh, yeh....here's your transaction right here!"

To every guest that doesn't understand that $70/year limit on the drivers license return, or that you should save your recepit or pay with debit/credit card because NO we CANNOT look up your recepit on our register when you paid with cash we have thousands of guests, and that would take forever, even if we DID have a system like that, sorry but I don't make the rules, you can't return your $139 stroller.

This!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back