To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the old lady guest on the phone who said "Thank you, sir...or ma'am...or whatever you are", I hope you never find the "nip + fab upper arm fix gel". I hope your old lady arms continue to sag and you are miserable over it.

I'm male and my voice isn't that feminine and who the hell raised you get some manners
Yeah, I'd rather be misgendered than have someone address me as all possible genders like that. Sad thing is, a pronoun wasn't even necessary in this situation.

Mistaken gender is a legitimate mistake, the other one is sheer obnoxious antisocial personality disorder.
It's the same as saying "What are you?"
Hate people who pull that crap.

And for everybody who wants to jump in and say "But what if you don't know?"
First of all, it's really none of your business.
Second, screw you.
And third @Softlines Ninja had it right, there's no need to even use a gender for the address.

To the guests with child(ren), your children were not a bother at ALL! If you could stick around for a while and see that, you would see the sweethearts I see. Also, in particular, to the lady with the autistic daughter - she was completely sweet and adorable. I know it has to be frustrating but yelling at her makes YOU look like the child.

To those Guests who complain our bananas are 29 cents each... And what a rip off it is.. I have before and will... rip one off and weigh it for you at the scale 3 feet away from me.

You know how the Bananas are $0.64/lb next door? This banana is .56lbs.

This drives me nuts too! 29 cents each is not that expensive for a banana. I have guests who get to the register and are shocked to realize that the bananas are 29 cents EACH, not per pound (or, even more unbelievably, per bunch). Where the fuck can you get bananas for 29 cents a pound, anyway?!?

To those Guests who complain our bananas are 29 cents each... And what a rip off it is.. I have before and will... rip one off and weigh it for you at the scale 3 feet away from me.

You know how the Bananas are $0.64/lb next door? This banana is .56lbs.

This drives me nuts too! 29 cents each is not that expensive for a banana. I have guests who get to the register and are shocked to realize that the bananas are 29 cents EACH, not per pound (or, even more unbelievably, per bunch). Where the fuck can you get bananas for 29 cents a pound, anyway?!?
I think it's because a lot of places list fruit prices per pound, not per piece.

A guest came up with a lot of coupons and I finished scanning them, then she swiped her card and I pressed total. After the recipe started printing she said oh I have my cartwheel. (Ugh!) I told her she could probably fix it at guest services and I said have a great day and she glared at me! Then why did you pay without showing me your cartwheel!!!

Today seemed to be one of those days where I was everywhere except where I was supposed to be.

To the guest outside. I'm not sure what pisses me off more. The fact you decided to zip past the stop sign at a good speed or the fact you decided to slam your breaks five feet in front of me and then let me push carts in front of you. With how people here drive, I never expect people to actually stop and always wait for it to be clear before I go. So with seeing you in the distance, I was just going to wait for you to pass. You'd think we don't have a giant red octangular sign on both sides of the crosswalk.

To the guest at guest service shortly before I left. There's no need to yell. You wanted the gift card that came with the bounty this week and if you were calm, I'd have been more than willing to work with you. Instead, you bad mouth another team member who happens to be one of the better ones in their work center and is considered somewhat as a mini-leader. All this in ear shot of the LOD who wasn't going to put up with your crap and after arguing with you, just wanted you out of the store and directed me to do whatever it took to shut you up.

I found it amusing afterwards. She insisted on getting the giftcard, even though she claims she doesn't want to shop here again. Where do you plan on using the gifrcard? Walmart? Talked with the team member you trashed afterwards to find out you used to work with her and she caught you stealing from that job. Humorous to say the least.

Wasn't all bad though. Had one guest who got my gender backwards (even though I don't look anything like the opposite sex in my opinion). Always find that amusing and tend to joke about it with them after they catch themselves.

To that guest who missplaced her temporary redcard : how on earth is it my fault? And no ,we can not look it up,and no my "manager " can not look it up....you want to talk to her ? Go ahead ....
How about you are more careful with the temporary card ,how about you make sure you have said card before shopping ????

To the one guest who was on the phone while checking out : were you raised in a barn or by wild animals? Hang your damn phone and aknowledge the person who is serving you ....

To the little old lady : thank you for finding the stl and telling her that I helped you in such a way ,that you will certainly return ( it was the first time shopping in our store ) ,I simply walked with her from the infant dept to the toy dept and helped her find a doll!
But it made up for the 2 other guests I had earlier ....my faith in humanity is almost back....

To that one guest:
My regret today was asking if I could help you find something. I'm sorry someone took your cart. I tried my best to help you find it. Do NOT sigh and roll your eyes at me when I offered to help you find your items again. RUDE.

To the one guest on the phone: you were great. I hope you only get green lights on the way home. I don't care you were totally lying about being 5 minutes out from our store you were just so nice.

To all the guests in back to school: anytime you want to just like...leave...would be great. Y'all are jerks. Your kids are cute, though. I like chatting with them.

TTOG: First off, "Hey! Wait up!" is something you use to catch friends or the ice cream man, not me.
Secondly, No one makes VCRs anymore, we have the one VCR/DVD combo without the tuner, that's it. I don't care if you need one with the tuner. Third, for the 10th fucking time, neither I nor anyone in the store can order the on that is online for you.

TTOG: Thanks for sharing your children with us in the free babysitting section where we happen to sell toys. They weren't monsters that ripped open packages while screaming and shoving through crowded aisles. Really, the onlookers were impressed at how well you managed to keep your three inch fingernails from breaking as you rained down affectionate backhands. I can only imagine how envious I will be when I witness their perfect running form on COPS - 2025.

Last edited:
To the guest that came back and told my ETL to say she was sorry for yelling me earlier, thanks. Also I am sorry for not walking you to the area rugs, but something told me that you would not follow me, as you seemed very sure you saw in one of the back sections of our store (chemicals, paper, plastics, pets, toys and luggage). Just glad that you finally followed my directions and walked around the high wall and located the one you wanted.

To the multiple guest who felt the need to yell at me today: go to hell.

Guest A: we haven't had the book bags you wanted for weeks. Just because there's a PICTURE of it in the ad and we are out doesn't make it false advertising. If you would've taken two seconds to read, you'd see it was for LICENSED book bags And don't accuse me of getting smart with you. You should've seen your attitude.

Guest B. No. We don't sell the iPhones that were in the ad. Only target mobile stores do. If you would have bothered to read and call me me beforehand, you wouldn't have to get hostile with me, now would you?
Guest: "But I live out of town and I am not spending my quarter to call you. You guys should really not pictures items in you ads if you are not going to stock them."
Me: "Sorry, but the ad is created for all of the stores based out of the city were our group offices are located. At the same time we are one of the few stores that does not have Target mobile. Closest store in down at the state capital."

To that one guest...
...who sees me wearing Red & Khaki, with a name tag, because I am Brand like that. "Do you work here?" is the question that sends my sarcasm meter into over drive!
...who walks into the men's room while I am unclogging a toilet. Because I am a safety first girl, you politely did knock over the yellow "closed" signs as you stepped over them. However, you did show some shock and confusion that a woman was in your domain. Consider yourself lucky that I did not catch you in a compromised position. And, to answer your question...yes, the restroom is closed for maintenance.

To the one guest who was talking on her cell phone ever so loudly...while I was pushing a caf today...I really hated that you left the aisle I was working on ...I mean now I will never know why Jessica talked crap about you behind your back...and if you are going to confront her....and why for the love of God did she wear that awful outfit to your dinner party last weekend...

To the one guest who was talking on her cell phone ever so loudly...while I was pushing a caf today...I really hated that you left the aisle I was working on ...I mean now I will never know why Jessica talked crap about you behind your back...and if you are going to confront her....and why for the love of God did she wear that awful outfit to your dinner party last weekend...

For years I swore I would never have a cell phone and it came down to a single experience in a grocery store in the early nineties.
A woman was standing in the frozen food section with her blocky cell phone pressed to her ear and her mascara running down her face.
She kept saying over and over, "You can't do this to me, you can't do this to me."

I don't know who did what to her but it obviously wasn't something that should have been done over the phone and certainly not in the frozen food section.
We've gotten so used to the cell phone that what used to be private conversations have now become a spectator sport.

I have come to grips with the fact that there is no privacy anymore and my personality is one that pretty much puts everything out front but it seems like that poor woman didn't really deserve that.

TTOG: as I was going into the backroom, by electronics, you asked me about a printer cartridge. I about crapped my pants! Thankfully, for both of us, I got the electronics tm and I readily admitted I know nothing, but I know people that do. All 3 of us had a good laugh!

A little background here: a state that borders my store is having their tax free weekend this weekend. The nearest Target in that state is less than 20 minutes away, just a ride north on the highway. So to the multiple guests who asked today: no, we are not having tax free weekend, and no, we cannot take the tax off for you just because it's tax free weekend up there. And to the one who threw a temper tantrum and left his shit on the belt and walked out mid-transaction, may karma bite you in the ass, good sir.

To those two guests: I was wiping down all the dining tables after a mad rush as you walked to the counter & stared at me, waiting for me to stop my cleaning & come back around the counter. Once there, you both stood in a daze staring at the menu boards whispering among your selves. Several times, I asked if you had any questions but neither of you answered.
Finally, you turned walked away without ordering.
Thanks for tying up 10 mins of my time. May Karma reward you with an extra-long wait next time.

TTOG who smiles and thanks me when I help you find the right item whether it is sewing needles, the right kind of battery, or printer ink for your HP printer, thank you!! You come close to making up for all the (gross pigs) errr...guests that leave half eaten food and half full starbucks cups on the shelves instead of in the trash can 3 feet away and the 14 year old punks that go flying down the racetrack on skateboards..

TTOG who made my cashier cry for not folding your clothes well enough, go to hell. Rot there.
I will never understand rude people....I mean IF you feel you just have to be rude about something....at least make sure its worth being rude over. How clothes are put into a bag shouldn't be one of them...I mean its not like the guest wasn't going to take them out of the bag when they got home...and wash them anyways....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back