To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that guest who let her. 3 year old walk around the store with her car keys , of course the kid dropped it somewhere. .....
And would I help her find them ???? Are you nuts ?

To all guests: you see me working in BTS. You see how narrow the "aisles" are. You see half the aisle is taken up with junk because my LOD wants it super zoned. Why in the hell would you choose that aisle to push your cart down just to get to the other side?

I really want to institute a "no carts" policy in BTS. It's ridiculous over there

To all guests: you see me working in BTS. You see how narrow the "aisles" are. You see half the aisle is taken up with junk because my LOD wants it super zoned. Why in the hell would you choose that aisle to push your cart down just to get to the other side?

I really want to institute a "no carts" policy in BTS. It's ridiculous over there

Forget that. I'm ready to institute a "no guests" policy over there.

Yes please! Also can we please get rid of the kid carts? They are huge. No one seems to be able to drive them & 9 times out of 10 the kids don't stay in them. I wish someone could explain to me why people think it's ok to bring their carts into a small area where it's so crowded you can barely walk. Sorry it's off topic but it's the same way at the fitting room. All day people drive their carts right up to the desks & try to leave them blocking the entrance.

Yes please! Also can we please get rid of the kid carts? They are huge. No one seems to be able to drive them & 9 times out of 10 the kids don't stay in them. I wish someone could explain to me why people think it's ok to bring their carts into a small area where it's so crowded you can barely walk. Sorry it's off topic but it's the same way at the fitting room. All day people drive their carts right up to the desks & try to leave them blocking the entrance.

At my store, we only have... 2 I think and they are ALWAYS in demand. I had a guest so upset that we didn't have one available my GSTL went out to the parking lot to find one. They were both being used at the same time. If you weren't so rude, we might have just snagged one from the grocery store next door and returned it when you were done.

When I superzone a whole aisle or stocking alot of items in a single aisle, I turn my tub/cart so that it is blocking the whole aisle and when guests ask me why its blocked I just tell them that I will be done in a few minutes, and most of them understand(Its the way I present it).

TTOG, Today you did the following:
1 - Emptied both TP rolls in the Pharmacy Bathroom (household style rolls) into the trashcan
2 - Threw away all 6 wrapped spares I keep on top of the feminine hygiene dispenser
3 - Threw away the Bathroom Checklist on the back of the door
4 - Left the sink running

What. The. Actual. F_ck?

TTOG
yes we changed our coupon policy, no you cannot split your order up and no you cannot walk out the door and and walk right back in. and im sure throwing a temper tantrum will help your situation. and when you pulled out your phone to get pictures of us for when you email corp I hope you like the poses me and my GSTL gave you. seriously go die in a hole you waste of skin

TTOG
yes we changed our coupon policy, no you cannot split your order up and no you cannot walk out the door and and walk right back in. and im sure throwing a temper tantrum will help your situation. and when you pulled out your phone to get pictures of us for when you email corp I hope you like the poses me and my GSTL gave you. seriously go die in a hole you waste of skin
ooo Let us know when Corp gives you both modeling contracts ;)

To all our guests today: screw you. Screw you so hard. Screw you, random lady who yelled because I had closed my register (after I told her before, during and after she unloaded her things on the belt). I was already late for lunch and I will give you no mercy if I explain I'm late for lunch and your response is "HOW DARE YOU I AM HERE TO BUY THINGS"

Screw you, random people who were yelling at the poor electronics tm who had to tell them we were out of iPad minis. We'll be lucky if he makes it through the night thanks to you asshats.

Screw you, lady and son who were upset I wouldn't give them a freaking clearance discount ON TOP of taking off $4 off some stupid underwear. I took the $4 off to vibe with you (it was on the high side but within reason and within my power) and then they had the nerve to come back through my line being line "OK first of all they were less so I don't understand why you took the money off but there's a whole section of 30% off". Are you really arguing over the fact I gave you something for cheaper? Really??? And then you try to claim that clearance is a normal sale? No. Get out of my lane, lady.

Sorry for the rant. Today was awful and everyone who was shopping in our store needs to go back to kindergarten for manners lessons. The only kind people were the college kids.

To that married couple that tried to scam us, try again, or better yet - don't.

The husband comes up first with three large bags filled with small items, wants to return them all. I look at the receipt, see he used manufacturer coupons on every fucking item and purchased the items at another Target earlier today, so is essentially trying to get cash value for the coupons. I take the receipt and show it to the GSA, she agrees with me, that, no, we're not accepting the returns. I tell him he'll need to take them back to the store he purchased them at.

He says okay, walks over to tell his wife and then leaves.

She comes up a few minutes later, first item is from toys, scans at $49.99, she says it's $25. I ask if it is in the ad or if she saw a sign. She says she saw a sign, I ask if anyone is near toys on my walkie, she immediately says nevermind she doesn't want it. She then proceeds to hand me several razors, 8 of them IIRC, she then hands me the same # of $30 off manufacturer coupons, I request she hand me back the razors so I can verify the are the correct razors. They aren't, for the most part, 1 is, but the other 7 aren't. She buys the 1, says she doesn't want the other 7. She says she will put them back while she goes and checks if we have more of the proper model I insist that that isn't necessary and that I will put them back myself (as I don't trust her not to steal them). She gets angry and leaves in a huff.

To that married couple that tried to scam us, try again, or better yet - don't.

The husband comes up first with three large bags filled with small items, wants to return them all. I look at the receipt, see he used manufacturer coupons on every fucking item and purchased the items at another Target earlier today, so is essentially trying to get cash value for the coupons. I take the receipt and show it to the GSA, she agrees with me, that, no, we're not accepting the returns. I tell him he'll need to take them back to the store he purchased them at.

He says okay, walks over to tell his wife and then leaves.

She comes up a few minutes later, first item is from toys, scans at $49.99, she says it's $25. I ask if it is in the ad or if she saw a sign. She says she saw a sign, I ask if anyone is near toys on my walkie, she immediately says nevermind she doesn't want it. She then proceeds to hand me several razors, 8 of them IIRC, she then hands me the same # of $30 off manufacturer coupons, I request she hand me back the razors so I can verify the are the correct razors. They aren't, for the most part, 1 is, but the other 7 aren't. She buys the 1, says she doesn't want the other 7. She says she will put them back while she goes and checks if we have more of the proper model I insist that that isn't necessary and that I will put them back myself (as I don't trust her not to steal them). She gets angry and leaves in a huff.
Great Catch !! i hope that GSA wrote you a great team card.

Great Catch !! i hope that GSA wrote you a great team card.

I doubt it, our APTL used to make a big deal of such things, but we don't currently have one. The one we had got promoted to ELT-AP, a position our store lacks, so moved to another store.

His replacement is still being trained, so for a few weeks we've had no one working in AP in our store except for the former APTL who has come in 2-3 times since he officially transferred to help with specific tasks.

I've never got this objection. Before I explain why, a little about me. Yes, I am currently an SFT. Prior to joining spot, I've been Loss Prevention, Department Manager, Asset Protection DM, and a store manager. I know more than a little about store operations!

When we properly accept a coupon (valid item, in date, etc), we get cash money from the coupon issuer. So they return it for cash.... big deal. We are not losing money on these. Is it a scam? 9/10 times the answer is yes. Not our job... WE SAY YES TO THE GUEST! AP will review it, and if there is fraud going on, that's why we have AP, to deal with it. Is it worth getting screamed at? Upsetting the guest behind the PIA cause it's taking 20 minutes to resolve? Refund it and get them the hell out of the store.

Ok, end of rant.

I've never got this objection. Before I explain why, a little about me. Yes, I am currently an SFT. Prior to joining spot, I've been Loss Prevention, Department Manager, Asset Protection DM, and a store manager. I know more than a little about store operations!

When we properly accept a coupon (valid item, in date, etc), we get cash money from the coupon issuer. So they return it for cash.... big deal. We are not losing money on these. Is it a scam? 9/10 times the answer is yes. Not our job... WE SAY YES TO THE GUEST! AP will review it, and if there is fraud going on, that's why we have AP, to deal with it. Is it worth getting screamed at? Upsetting the guest behind the PIA cause it's taking 20 minutes to resolve? Refund it and get them the hell out of the store.

Ok, end of rant.

I suppose the issue from many peoples perspectives is:

They buy the items at Store A. Store A gets reimbursed for the coupons. They then return the items to store B. Store B pays them the selling price for the items, and temporarily loses money, and has to resell the items to recoup the loss. Many of these items wind up being salvaged (some items when returned are always defected immediately and automatically by the POS, and others simply won't sell before turning into Missed Salvage), at which point the store is not reimbursed for the price they paid for the item (since they paid the guest who returned them full price, not the price the store would otherwise have purchased the items at) which turns into a loss.

It's also a loss till they resell the items since it counts negatively against sales goals. As best as I understand the stores sales goal for the day is not the gross sales, it's the net sales, which all returns reduce.

TL;DR It might not reduce Target's profits, but it reduces my stores profits, and rein turn reduces my pay by giving the store fewer hours to allocate to employees. It also drives up the price of merchandise due to the manufacturers of the products losing money. Especially for the items that wind up being defected, since then the manufacturer not only pay the original store for the coupons, being used, but also reimburse us when we defect the items out.

Last edited:
Ahh, I love impatient guests.

A lady was in line with only a few items on register 6. She sees me at the service desk and asks if I am open, I say yes so she proceeds to come over to me. A male guest runs up and gets to the service desk right before she does. I simply tell him that she had already been directed to my line and was already in line before him.

He grabs his items, throws them at me, and says, "Fine, then you take these." and storms out of the building in a huff.

She fortunately was much more pleasant to deal with, and said she was shocked to see grown men acting so irrationally and teased by asking me whether I'd prefer her items be set on the counter or thrown at me. We both decided that set on the counter was probably the better alternative.

Last edited:
TTOG

Greatest story 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back