To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today there was an old woman who visited my lane twice. She was extremely nice and used a power wheelchair that was giving her problems, so I offered to help her to her car because I had no one in line and she couldn't carry the item. I forgot to turn off my light and when I got back, there was a man standing there looking ticked off. He then proceeded to be mad throughout his entire three item order. I know for a fact he wasn't there when I exited the store and I noticed two other cashiers had no lines. How dumb can you be to just stand by an empty register? He seemed like the type of guest who just likes being man about something. Those kind have started to get to me.

Last edited:
To that lady who nearly destroyed my card reader: maybe the pen would work if you weren't trying to stab a hole in the screen!! We have enough problems with our card readers as it is!

We have Crazy Cat Lady who always comes in when the huge bags of Meow Mix are on sale. She buys all of them and comes in the next day and wonders why we are all out. My signing TM said she saw her in a grocery store applying for a job and after filling it out she immediately went to a manager and asked them if they got her application. When she didn't get the answer she wanted she started screaming.

We also have YOGURT LADY (I dunno why I capitalized it all, it just seems like how it's supposed to be). She buys the Yoplait Light Boston Cream Pie yogurt by the case. One time she called and we discontinued it and she went bat sh*t insane. Another time she came in and my TL allowed her to try the AF flavor but she didn't like it. We got it back last reset but she hasn't been in that often. She's now confined to a wheelchair; I think the yogurt was keeping her healthy.

We have a bum that sleeps in our parking garage's stairwell. He stinks.

We have a dude that stands in the corner of the busy intersection with a sign that says "HOMELESS. ANYTHING HELPS. GOD BLESS." He kinda looks like the serial pork killer from Tiny Toon Adventures where Plucky goes on the trip to Happy World Land. Anyway, he probably makes at least $30 an hour. Then he goes into Starbucks and buys a coffee and goes to his apartment building a few blocks away.

I think my favorite famous guest that we have is "Hat Man." The first time I encountered him, he came up to guest services in an electric cart. He returned at least 20 hats of all varieties, baseball caps, berets, newsboy caps, etc. All had receipts from different stores and he claimed that he bought them for a family reunion and the family had a fight so they didn't need their hats embroidered with the family name. Yet after returning all these hats, I saw him head back to the sales floor where he bought like 20 more hats. He later returned more, claiming that he was unable to sell them at his stand where he sold hot dogs and hats. Again, after returning them, he went back to purchase about 20 more hats. This would occur continuously every month or so. I haven't seen the guy for a while so I hope he's ok. He was crazy, but a nice kind of crazy.

2661.jpg

This guy shops at my store. His car looks just like he does, and it changes seasonally.

Attachments

• 2661.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 36
To the jerkwad on the phone, thanks for telling me I ruined your christmas because we were out of 32 inch vizios on sale. Hope your tree wilts.

To the awesome lady who cracked jokes, telling me thank you for checking other stores for an item you really wanted. I appreciate people like you, you really make my day; and I was so damn glad to beg the other store to hold that item for you and they finally acquiesced. I love working hard for people like you! :)

To that lady who nearly destroyed my card reader: maybe the pen would work if you weren't trying to stab a hole in the screen!! We have enough problems with our card readers as it is!

Reminds me of kids with the Nintendo DS demo models. Or even our guest with the controllers for the video game demo consoles(sorry I don't know what we officially call them) I have never understood how poeple destroy those controllers like they do.

I think my favorite famous guest that we have is "Hat Man." The first time I encountered him, he came up to guest services in an electric cart. He returned at least 20 hats of all varieties, baseball caps, berets, newsboy caps, etc. All had receipts from different stores and he claimed that he bought them for a family reunion and the family had a fight so they didn't need their hats embroidered with the family name. Yet after returning all these hats, I saw him head back to the sales floor where he bought like 20 more hats. He later returned more, claiming that he was unable to sell them at his stand where he sold hot dogs and hats. Again, after returning them, he went back to purchase about 20 more hats. This would occur continuously every month or so. I haven't seen the guy for a while so I hope he's ok. He was crazy, but a nice kind of crazy.

Sounds like he has some sort of compulsive shopping disorder or something. Either that or he is just really lonely/bored.

Last edited:
I love it when someone screams and yells how Target is a horrible place and they are never going to shop with us again... and then a week later there they are.

Reminds me of when I took a LOA last year, one of the last guests on my last day screams that they will never shop there again and how much of a horrible person I am... 5 weeks later, returning from LOA, I walk out from the hallway by guest service and the first person I see is her.

Yeah anytime a guess says that it reminds me of this scene from the show "The Fresh Prince of Bel Air" in which Jeffery(the butler) is a server at some sort of big dinner and one woman says "if I don't get something to drink soon I'm going to die" and Jeffery responds "do you promise?":rofl: I have always wanted to follow up a guests comment about never shopping here again with "do you promise?" but I know I'd end up getting coached

Last edited:
To "Mr. eBay" who was in the first group to come in with all your 'family': you all grabbed whole sections of doorbuster items before dividing them up at checkout. You finally pissed off enough folks that the STL said your future purchases would be limited. Do us all a favor & get a REAL job instead of seeing what you can make off eBay.

To "Mr. eBay" who was in the first group to come in with all your 'family': you all grabbed whole sections of doorbuster items before dividing them up at checkout. You finally pissed off enough folks that the STL said your future purchases would be limited. Do us all a favor & get a REAL job instead of seeing what you can make off eBay.
Go get'em red!

Seems like Mr. Ebay visited your store this year. I definently got a visit from it's family last year they ended up snatching 10 of the limited quantity tv's that were supposed to be 1 per family.

"Um... this... doesn't taste right... I ordered a Chai Tea Latte? Is there supposed to be sugar in it or something?"

"No, ma'am, the Chai Tea Latte is our Chai concentrate, hot water and steamed milk. Some people get it with Vanilla, do you usually get that perhaps?"

"No, we get this all the time. It's not sweet enough."

"Well, ma'am, I can show you the recipe card if you'd like. There is nothing that goes into a Chai Latte to add sweetness."

-Back and forth, I put Vanilla in her drink-

"Well it's a little bit better."

She lifted her FUPA off the ground and waddled her way back to the chair.

To the sisters that all checked out together: Next time, make SURE your credit card has a sufficient limit so - when your card is declined - you don't get into a screaming match with siblings & family secrets get dragged out for all to hear because they wouldn't pay for your purchase. Or next time I'm telling mom.

To ALL the pharmacy guests: I don't mind ringing out a few items, but it's getting out of hand. As a rule, we aren't allowed to tell guests they have to go to the "regular" registers (unless they have alcohol or something with "security packaging"). Yesterday, I had a guest with literally a FULL CART start loading up the counter because "the lines were too long up front". She then proceeded to complain about how I bagged everything. Sorry, but if you don't like how I bag things, GO TO THE OTHER REGISTERS!!! We have 1 thing of bags to work with and I'm not going to sort through your items that you've covered the counter with to put the items YOU think should be together in the same bag. I had frozen & refrigerated items together, non-food items together, cleaning items together, etc. She didn't like the fact that I put her BOXED mac & cheese in with her CANS of soup, frozen veggies in with her yogurt, and napkins in with light bulbs. Oh, and I didn't offer her a bag for her gallon of milk!?!? Fortunately, a survey didn't print out on her receipt because I'm sure she'd have nailed me on my "bagging skillz" (or lack thereof) ;)

"Um... this... doesn't taste right... I ordered a Chai Tea Latte? Is there supposed to be sugar in it or something?"

"No, ma'am, the Chai Tea Latte is our Chai concentrate, hot water and steamed milk. Some people get it with Vanilla, do you usually get that perhaps?"

"No, we get this all the time. It's not sweet enough."

"Well, ma'am, I can show you the recipe card if you'd like. There is nothing that goes into a Chai Latte to add sweetness."

-Back and forth, I put Vanilla in her drink-

"Well it's a little bit better."

She lifted her FUPA off the ground and waddled her way back to the chair.

bottle it up and drink a fupa 40 oz...

sorry i have a dirty mind and that entire song memorized.

To that one lady that complained to me that she wasn't helped on the sales floor: if the person walked past you, they were either off the clock or not even a TM. We have a lot of people that come in wearing red and khaki that aren't TMs (when I was new, I mistakenly asked one if they had their discount with them). And don't complain to me, complain to a TL/ETL or ask Guest Service for a comment card.

To those 2 gentlemen (and I use the term loosely) who asked if they could go through the boxes of trading cards. I told them no and that I didn't think the vender would like that. They asked for a manager. My GSA called for the LOD. I had to leave ( I was just there covering a breadk) but just before I did I overheard one of them say to the other, "Walmart would let us do it!". I'm thinking, "well go to walmart and mess with their boxes." Talked to the LOD later and he said that he told them no either. I'd like to seem them com in when the vender is there. The guy is over (way over) 6 ft tall. You don't mess with his boxes. There were at least a dozen unopened boxes there.

To the "guest" who complained to the STL about me calling him "sir" yesterday....I'm sorry, but when I walk up to the register and you are already standing there, there's no way in Hades I can tell you're wearing a SKIRT, TIGHTS, AND HEELS!!!!! All I could see was a beige trench coat and a purplish sweater (which was admittedly a tidge on the feminine side, but guys also wear pink so.....), little did I know that you also had on a beige skirt, purplish tights, and beige 2" heels (kudos for being able to walk in slingbacks, btw). Next time, wear a wig, make-up, or SOMETHING to make you look somewhat feminine from the waist-up!!!

to the guest with the amigo - it's not a dodge em game - I hate when I am standing in softlines and I can't see the guest, but as I gaze over the racks or clothes, I know they are there because I can see one rack move, then the one next to it, then the next one. How rude and thoughtless! I have to go back and adjust all the racks - so annoying

to the guest with the amigo - it's not a dodge em game - I hate when I am standing in softlines and I can't see the guest, but as I gaze over the racks or clothes, I know they are there because I can see one rack move, then the one next to it, then the next one. How rude and thoughtless! I have to go back and adjust all the racks - so annoying

the night before Easter softlines was on skeleton crew (2 for the entire floor)and did like 20% over of projected sales.....any way we got to infants for the second time and the racks were so far apart, again, I actually asked the LOD over the walkies if we had a contest going for the guest who could put the racks the farthest apart. I could have run a circle time in the space (you can tell I was a preschool teacher in a previous life).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back