To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in the main aisle and a little girl in a cart started to sing "Let It Go." A little boy in a cart coming from the opposite direction growled, "STOP IT" and shoved his fingers in his ears. She ignored him and continued singing. The carts eventually passed each other and the boy stared daggers in the girl's direction until his dad pushed the cart into one of the aisles.

To those guests: Your kids cracked me up.

Today I was walking past Christmas cards, and two women were reading some. One said, "This card is so funny. I have to send it to [name]." The other woman laughed and said "oh my gosh, that is really funny. God, I hate myself."

To the second woman: Umm...are you okay?

To that one guest: You kept repeating "I need to buy the red apple cider. I need the red one." I walked you to both locations for apple cider. I asked you if "Red" was a brand and you told me no, Martinelli's. I told you we only had two kinds of cider, Martinelli's apple and apple-cranberry. I already showed you the Martinelli's apple-cranberry cider with the RED label. You said, "This isn't it. I want the red one. Wait, I don't know." Only YOU know which cider you want. I can't read mental pictures.

To that one guest I spoke to on the phone: Twice. You called twice in five minutes asking for the same damn thing. The Frozen castle is still out of stock. You're not going to get a different answer from me or anyone else. "I can't believe you don't know about this item that everyone is looking for. It's so popular." Number one: I don't have a running mental inventory of each item in the store. Number two: I don't have kids. Number three: I don't have kids crazy for Frozen.
Screw you and your condescending attitude. I hope you never find it in stock.

To every single guest who called the store yesterday: calm the fuck down. We are two weeks out from Christmas. We are busier than anything. We are actually serving the guests who made the effort to come into the store to look at the products and buy something. You are not going to jump to the head of the line for service simply because you are on the phone. So either get over yourself and expect to wait, or come into the store and look for the item/price yourself (or with our help).

To every single guest who called the store yesterday: calm the fuck down. We are two weeks out from Christmas. We are busier than anything. We are actually serving the guests who made the effort to come into the store to look at the products and buy something. You are not going to jump to the head of the line for service simply because you are on the phone. So either get over yourself and expect to wait, or come into the store and look for the item/price yourself (or with our help).
But, but, but... I NEED it. And I don't want to get out of my jammies. Would you find it and bring it to me? Oh, do you have gift boxes and could you wrap it? And wasn't it supposed to be $14.99 instead of $79.99? Sheesh. Why doesn't Target hire nice people?

Hahahaha. I walked into the TSC one day, and two TMs who speak perfect English and speak English all the time at work switched over to Spanish as soon as I came through the hallway. Honestly, I didn't hear their conversation besides the fact it was in Spanish (and I really didn't care). But I pointed out to one of them later that I took 4 1/2 years of Spanish in high school (dropped out of Spanish 5 as a senior because I was sick of it).

Now granted, I didn't understand much of what they were saying, because I really wasn't interested anyway, but her face turned as red as her shirt, and she started apologizing really quickly.

Enough said.

TTOG: You are genuinely a horrible human being.
1. You infant (no more than a couple months old) was obviously in distress. What do you do? Yell at her? Damn, that's a new low.
2. You're husband informed me that he would be using a mobile coupon. I smiled, explained that it will be scanned at the end, and went back to scanning your items. Where in the hell did he say that you wanted to split your transaction in two? Oh, he didn't, that's right. So why do you feel the need to get pissy, kiss your teeth and use my name in a tone that made me cringe to inform me that that's what you wanted to do.
3. DO NOT WAD YOUR CASH AND TOSS IT ON THE COUNTER JUST TO BE RUDE. I really hate that.
It must be miserable to be you, angry all the time.

THIS. The other day, there was a guy who called to ask if we had something in stock, (it was in very high demand and has been sold out for about a month now), and this is how the conversation went:

"I'm sorry sir, we're out of stock"
"You're out of stock? Do you know when you'll be getting more?"
"I'm sorry, I don't. They're in very high demand, so even if we had them in stock, you wouldn't be able to put it on hold. You would have to come to the store and get it."
"So...can I place an order for one?"
"Unfortunately, no. We're out of stock."
"So how can I get Target to place an order for me?"
" You would have to go online and do that, sir."
"You can't just place a shipment for one and have it sent to my house?"
"No sir, we don't do that, you would have to go online and place the order yourself if it's in stock at another store."
"OK, you've been very helpful, thanks."

At least he was polite.

I had a guest ask about a specific brand of scissors. Well there was only two sizes, but she wanted one larger. There wasn't a bigger one, so I told her. She then proceeds to dump the small scissors she had grabbed in an end cap of A (cold and flu pills) in front of me. What a piece of c***!

Bruhhhh, lady, you just heard me tell you I was closed. You heard me tell that team lead that I had to leave in a few (I had ten minutes, but I still had a cart out on the floor), it was such a dick move for you to ask her if I can ring you because you only had two items. Listen, idc. My light had been off for thirty minutes at that point. I was so done. Of course you didn't know all that background story, but I said I was closed and it was unfair for me to take you when there were other people with "just two items" who I'd already turned away. The world doesn't revolve around you... And I hate that we just let you have your way selfish, impatient witch.

And you're not welcome! Idc how many times you thank me for taking you. I'm so petty lol, but I refused to tell her she was welcome or to have a good day. I'm usually the kill em with kindness type, but every so often I just can't.

To those gingerbread nuts:
We've been out of gingerbread syrup for several days. I told you when our next order comes in but also that I can't guarantee that we'll get it back in. Starbux is quirky about telling us if something has been dropped for the season. Instead, they simply stop shipping it. Yes, the holidays are still in full swing but I. don't. have. any. more. Call corp if you like; just GTFO of my line while you do so.
Cripes, people.....it's just a !@#$ drink. Chill already or you're getting decaf.

Last edited:
They should just go to a standalone sbux. Allegedly it's a lie that things are seasonal at the full sized ones. They just stop advertising it.

I think it depends if they have the ingredients left. IE you aren't getting a caramel brûlée in June unless they have the ingredients left over from the holidays because Starbucks isn't going to send them stuff for that unless it is the holiday season.

I think it depends if they have the ingredients left. IE you aren't getting a caramel brûlée in June unless they have the ingredients left over from the holidays because Starbucks isn't going to send them stuff for that unless it is the holiday season.
Not to mention that we have syrup for 2 drinks but no toppings; another one we have the topping for but NO SYRUP. Another one we ran out of both syrup AND topping. And don't EVEN get me started on the eggnog latte.

I'm going back over to FA now.....
*me yanks off my green apron & throws it in the trash before putting on a black apron*

TTOG: You are the only person on this planet crazy enough to return, not just one, but TWO my size Frozen dolls. Never in my life have I moved to get a product out from behind guest services and back onto the floor. The line behind you just staring at those dolls was crazy. And the last thing I wanted was those dolls sitting around behind guest services for one second longer than they needed to be.

TTOG: You are the only person on this planet crazy enough to return, not just one, but TWO my size Frozen dolls. Never in my life have I moved to get a product out from behind guest services and back onto the floor. The line behind you just staring at those dolls was crazy. And the last thing I wanted was those dolls sitting around behind guest services for one second longer than they needed to be.
And I'll bet you set a new speed record ;)

Friend of mine who used to work at a bigger sb told me they have pumpkin syrup (and other "seasonal" ones) year round, but I mean, she hasn't worked there in a couple years. No one orders the seasonally promoted stuff outside of the season, though so they don't have as much as they would during the season, and probably don't replenish it much. And I'm still assuming this depends on the size of the store. Like a full-fledged standalone, I would assume is more likely to have that stuff. Dunkin on the other hand is super serious about their limited flavors. RIP Butter Pecan iced coffee lightish, no sugar with extra syrup (because the sugar doesn't dissolve). Caffeine does nothing for me but make me pee, but I would give up naming rights of my first born child for year round butter pecan syrup.

Disclaimer: I didn't start going to sb until they opened one in my store last month and took away the breakroom keurig, so I only know from hearsay, not firsthand experience.

TTOG who decided to pay his $500 REDCard bill in ones, fives & tens, all in a single large wad, I hate you very much. That was a lot of cash to put in that drawer and I am certain I may have been off $5 or $10 in my counting.

TTOG who decided to pay his $500 REDCard bill in ones, fives & tens, all in a single large wad, I hate you very much. That was a lot of cash to put in that drawer and I am certain I may have been off $5 or $10 in my counting.

I feel like they planned on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back