To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
That when I engage passive aggressive mode full throttle & go s-l-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-w.
It's so weird. That's when I run out of register tape and then the catalina coupon paper. Ah, man, there's none in the drawer. Let me call the GSTL over. And I forget to do the gift receipt and then I *oops* forgot your coupons. And these darned bags just will not open.

Something strange is going on with the POS. Why won't it let me enter your giftcard? Oh, I know! You have to be in the payment screen. Soooorrrrrry!

TTOG: I knew you were going to be a difficult one when you came into my line, handed me your clothes, and said: "I didn't check the price of anything. Let's see how this goes."
After almost every item I rang up, you said: "How much does that cost? Wow, that much?" and either asked me to take it off or complained about "how expensive Target has gotten lately." You did the same with all your household products, and then finally your food.
Then, the icing on the cake. Just as you were about to leave, you took a sip of your soda and recoiled dramatically like there was pure poison in it. You said: "Wooh, that's nasty! I thought it would be nasty, but I didn't know it would be that nasty." And repeated that same exact sentence about three more times.

Why do I get the feeling that you're the type of person who would fire their maid for not fluffing pillows right?
Do they also check their items for cartwheel after everything is already on the belt, shooing items from your hands while your trying to ring up, i constantly get those people who scan for cartwheel coupons while their checking out and of course it takes a few tries for an item to go through with the barcode scanner.

@poohbear80 Yep. I also get those guests who ask me: "are there any coupons for these items?" as they're already checking out. I tell them they could check the circular, so they ask me to give them a copy right then. They spend a few minutes flipping through the pages to see what's on sale while the guests standing behind them give them death glares.

@poohbear80 Yep. I also get those guests who ask me: "are there any coupons for these items?" as they're already checking out. I tell them they could check the circular, so they ask me to give them a copy right then. They spend a few minutes flipping through the pages to see what's on sale while the guests standing behind them give them death glares.

"Excuse me ma'am, could you step to the side while you glance through that? I can suspend the transaction and I'll continue it right after you're done, I'd just like to help out other guests too."

@oath2order They usually ask me when I'm almost finished ringing up everything, so I figure there'd be no point in suspending it.
Although, now that I think about it, I might also let them stand there because I don't mind seeing guests have to wait in line a little longer. Maybe I actually think it's kind of funny to see them get all huffy and impatient. Does that make me sadistic? Probably.

My face when I have to pretend to be friendly to guests and this shit happens:

Fake-Smile.jpg

if it was my store I'd consider calling AP and kicking them out

I wasn't there when it happened, otherwise AP would have been called. I came into my shift the next morning to find the mess.

TTOG: Ok, I can maybe understand why you would leave a half full cup on the shelf. Maybe you meant to pick it back up and forgot. But when I see an empty cup on the shelf, what that tells me is that you finished your drink and thought "I can just leave it here, I don't have the patience to look for a garbage can". That's incredibly lazy and disgusting.

TTOG: Ok, I can maybe understand why you would leave a half full cup on the shelf. Maybe you meant to pick it back up and forgot. But when I see an empty cup on the shelf, what that tells me is that you finished your drink and thought "I can just leave it here, I don't have the patience to look for a garbage can". That's incredibly lazy and disgusting.

even better when its from a different place entirely, i found BK and mcdonalds in the same aisle before :/ bastards

I don't mind the guests who speak another language. I took four years if Spanish, two of French and one of German. I have Google translate on my phone. But I have to know what language you are speaking.

Don't let your eighty year old mother wander by herself speaking Portuguese and not understanding English or Spanish. Two hours-TWO HOURS later, every team member, several guests and a lifeline (phone a friend) and we still had no clue what she wanted. She did write it down for me, in spidery old lady writing. She grabbed several guests to try to communicate with them. When her grandkids finally came up with their toddler I asked them to apologize we couldn't understand her, even though we tried.

I don't mind the guests who speak another language. I took four years if Spanish, two of French and one of German. I have Google translate on my phone. But I have to know what language you are speaking.

Don't let your eighty year old mother wander by herself speaking Portuguese and not understanding English or Spanish. Two hours-TWO HOURS later, every team member, several guests and a lifeline (phone a friend) and we still had no clue what she wanted. She did write it down for me, in spidery old lady writing. She grabbed several guests to try to communicate with them. When her grandkids finally came up with their toddler I asked them to apologize we couldn't understand her, even though we tried.
This is the point I tried to make a couple pages back. I guess I phrased it in a way where people got offended, haha.

This morning high tension between a woman shopping for her weekly family groceries and a single with a few items. "Excuse me is an express lane open this woman is buying A LOT of crap and I can't wait a half hour", lol, I popped my eyes back into my head and calmly told her she could check out at guest services the woman i was checking out looked mortified. You see the first two hours of opening we mainly have people who are in a rush grabbing a few items, breakfast bagel, sandwich for work etc, family grocery shoppers usually come after ten, when they come early it can cause high tension until we can get someone else on the register and the gstl is barely around until after 10am.

Last edited:
"Can't wait a half hour"?
This is Target, not @#$%! Norstroms.
I'm an early morning shopper (coupons, cartwheel, etc) because I don't want to deal with crowds either so, if I'm already checking out & you come up complaining about how I'm holding you up, tough chuckies.
Next time move your a$$ instead of wandering around on your cell.

"Can't wait a half hour"?
This is Target, not @#$%! Norstroms.
I'm an early morning shopper (coupons, cartwheel, etc) because I don't want to deal with crowds either so, if I'm already checking out & you come up complaining about how I'm holding you up, tough chuckies.
Next time move your a$$ instead of wandering around on your cell.
So true, I've seen people by the checklane just stand still in their own little world on the phone missing out on their opportunity to checkout quickly. These people don't realize they are shopping in a supermarket of sorts (I work at a super target) and waiting and lines go with the territory, one of the negative affects of target being a breeding ground for the entitled guest, makes it all the more worse when the store gets slammed.

TTOG: I will be happy to help you, once you are off your phone. You order your drink half-assed because of your gossip session on the phone, and then dare to blame me for your drink being wrong.(When I ask questions for clarification, you roll your eyes or sigh in exasperation). I wish I could repay the favor without getting my ass chewed.

even better when its from a different place entirely, I found BK and mcdonalds in the same aisle before :/ bastards
I can still remember zoning in Home Storage & finding a whole, uneaten McDonald's hamburger. And to top it off it was cold.

TTOG; I like how you tried to scam me with coupons. I like how you tried to sweet talk me and how you asked me how long I've been working there. When I told you almost two years you definitely recoiled back. I'm not stupid. I know what you were doing. I've seen you in my store at guest services with glasses trying to pass off as someone else and returning all these HBA items. You can't fool anyone. And when half of your coupons were declined, we spent another 10 minutes with you and you sister taking off items because the coupons you were trying to use didn't go through and I would't let go through. Please don't come again because we all know what you are doing.

To that one guest who yelled at me for not honoring coupons during the transaction:

I asked you if you had any coupons to use and you clearly said "no". And then after swiping your card and going through the business on the card reader screen, you then asked if you could apply your coupons.
All we got out of this was a concerned ETL-GE and you throwing a freaking tantrum in my lane.
No. Stop.

TTOG, you insisted you were suppose to get a $5 gift card with one pack of diapers, and after showing you on the computer, in the ad, and calling back you still insisted we were f-cking morons and you'll go get it your f-cking self. The face you made when you awkwardly slinked back up, told your husband (who had already paid) you were wrong and quickly left was priceless.

(it's a good thing you left when you did since the GSTL looked like she was going to have your head for swearing at me. She truly is the mother bear of the front end.)

To that one idiot: The Starbucks giftcard promotion was for SB coffee sold in the grocery, not the whole bean at my counter. And no, your Starbucks card won't work on the grocery aisle coffees. Why? Because it's a different subdivision so bitching to an ETL did you no good.
I explained to him that there would be no way to ring it up under Starbucks' sub because then you wouldn't be able to get the giftcard.
So it boiled down to either getting a free giftcard or using your SB gold card so you opted to throw the bags across my counter in front of my ETL. He told you that was unnecessary & you told him to f**k off as you stormed out the door.
The coup de grace was a lady behind you who said "Wow. I've never seen that side of her before."
Turns out she knows you & I hope she spreads the word.

Do they also check their items for cartwheel after everything is already on the belt, shooing items from your hands while your trying to ring up, i constantly get those people who scan for cartwheel coupons while their checking out and of course it takes a few tries for an item to go through with the barcode scanner.

And the cherry on top is when the price stays the same after I hit total. All that scanning for nothing. This happened to me a couple times last week. I learned to not say the total amount aloud in case Cartwheel didn't have any discounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back