To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: OK, so I tried to help you with your six month old online electronics purchase. I'd have given you a gift card or even cash but you wanted it back on the credit card that you didn't have in your possession and that you did not have a number for. You didn't even know which card it was, "because I carry lots of different cards." You yelled at me to call Target to get the credit card number for you. I could not do that. Then you came back a week later, talked to the STL and accepted the gift card. Cool. But did you really have to come in later and ask me for an apology?

I really and truly am so sorry that I broke every rule in our policy book to make you happy and failed. I really and truly am sorry that the STL didn't also fail. Is that good enough?

TTOG: Thanks for coming to my lane while I was on back up tonight & purchasing $600 worth of clothes including multiple sizes of the same shirt because "we didn't have time to try them on."

To those 4 guests who tried to get on my way register within 30 seconds while it was closing: It's not a difficult concept. Light on = open. Light off = closed. And it wasn't even busy, these guests were just dumb.

And to that other guest that left dirty baby wipes on the shelf: you are a degenerate.

TTOG you could have just told me you needed to return this pair of pants. I really didn't know you were returning them because your husband was "deceased" and I assume didn't need the pants anymore.

Ttog: thanks for coming in as soon as we opened. The night before was so busy, there was so much work left for me while I worked solo. That flow tm that you asked for help, that asked for me to assist, was too nice to you.

When I came over to ask how I can help you, shouldn't have meant, answer a phone call while rudely telling the flow tm to find that item you need and walk away. We didn't find it on the floor, but shortly after, we found all of them in the back. Because you were so rude, I didnt run and find you, but I did pull them to place them on the floor. You are beyond disrespectful.

When I'm busy, in line, driving, talking to someone, I silence my phone. ... if it's an emergency, 911 is available. Your call was not important, and your attitude sucks.

Ok, I'm going to sound harsh here but I don't care. If you're going to live in America, please try to learn English. I can't hold your hand for 30 minutes and try to interpret what you're trying to ask for.

Ok, I'm going to sound harsh here but I don't care. If you're going to live in America, please try to learn English. I can't hold your hand for 30 minutes and try to interpret what you're trying to ask for.

I guess we were lucky that at our store we had TMs who spoke everything from Albanian to Spanish.
English was a second, third or even fourth language for some of the the people.
I think the longest it took was to figure out what language the guest was actually speaking so we could find someone to translate.
It was always embarrassing to me that I only speak two languages English and American.

I guess we were lucky that at our store we had TMs who spoke everything from Albanian to Spanish.
English was a second, third or even fourth language for some of the the people.
I think the longest it took was to figure out what language the guest was actually speaking so we could find someone to translate.
It was always embarrassing to me that I only speak two languages English and American.
We usually have a couple people who speak Spanish, but no bueno today.

I once joked to my ETL-HR that we need to make height a job requirement. It sucks she doesn't have a sense of humor because everybody else on the aisle we were 4x4ing got a laugh out of it.
No one higher up than a tm has a sense of humor in my store.

TTOG: No, the Target breach is not the reason you don't have enough money on your gift card to cover your transaction.

No, the Target breach is not the reason you didn't notice your husband getting cash back, and then wondering why the charge was so high.

No, the Target breach is no longer an issue.

SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN BREACH!

TTOG who demanded I should dry her cart...

will-smith-the-fuck.gif

To that one guest: You strolled up as I was in the middle of a large order (office coffee run). I greeted you & said I'd be with you shortly. You ignored me while glued to your phone, smacking your gum & tapping your card on the counter. As I worked, the tapping got louder. I assured you I'd be done shortly; you rolled your eyes, smacked your gum & continued to tap.
As I was pouring & pulling shots, I glanced at your tapping & looked up. You were all but glaring at me while tapping faster & louder so.....I began slowing down. I began to fuss over the drinks meticulously as I set them in their carriers.
You kept tapping like a crazed typewritter, sighing loudly.
After I was finished, I rinsed out the steam pitchers, the tea shakers, the frappucino pitchers.....ALL of it.
Then I came over & asked what I could fix for you.
A venti quad latte? Suuuuuuuuuuuure. (Oops...looks like I hit decaf by mistake.)
Karma is a bitch in a green apron.

To that one guest: You strolled up as I was in the middle of a large order (office coffee run). I greeted you & said I'd be with you shortly. You ignored me while glued to your phone, smacking your gum & tapping your card on the counter. As I worked, the tapping got louder. I assured you I'd be done shortly; you rolled your eyes, smacked your gum & continued to tap.
As I was pouring & pulling shots, I glanced at your tapping & looked up. You were all but glaring at me while tapping faster & louder so.....I began slowing down. I began to fuss over the drinks meticulously as I set them in their carriers.
You kept tapping like a crazed typewritter, sighing loudly.
After I was finished, I rinsed out the steam pitchers, the tea shakers, the frappucino pitchers.....ALL of it.
Then I came over & asked what I could fix for you.
A venti quad latte? Suuuuuuuuuuuure. (Oops...looks like I hit decaf by mistake.)
Karma is a bitch in a green apron.
Glad I am not alone in dealing with these a-holes. No one is more important than them. I work on the first come, first served mentality- not who is more stuck up their own asses. Lol

TTOG: No, the Target breach is not the reason you don't have enough money on your gift card to cover your transaction.

No, the Target breach is not the reason you didn't notice your husband getting cash back, and then wondering why the charge was so high.

No, the Target breach is no longer an issue.

SHUT UP ABOUT THE DAMN BREACH!
Had someone call our store because target.com was borking out and wasn't letting her log in and asked if it was because we were getting breached again.

I laughed because I can relate, but as a person for whom English is a second language, give us time. Learning a new language is tough, we're both excited to practice but nervous because we are embarassed to make mistakes.

TTOG, I know it's tough to pay your bill on time, but to announce loudly, "Oh, it must be another breach" when your card was denied is a little out of the realm of humanity. Take some responsibility. Pay your freakin' bill.

And BTW, had you been nice, I'd have given you the $0.87 discount, but be a douche? Not happening.

It drives me crazy when...

I'm on register and shut off my light to go home or on break/lunch (which we have to do on time so as not to go into compliance or screw up the rest of the break schedule) and guests walk up as I'm finishing my last transaction. I politely inform them I'm closed after my current guest, apologize and try to let them know of a nearby register with little-to-no wait. 9 times out of 10 the guests I've turned down get very huffy/pissy and make negative remarks about how they have to wait in line. I'm sorry but it's not my fault you failed to notice my light was turned off when there are 4 or 5 other registers with their lights turned on.

When working Guest Service and guests come up and place their return on the counter and just stares at me. I'm no mind reader to know what the issue is or what the guest wants to do. This is the conversation I find myself having more often than not,

Myself - Is this a return?
Guest - Yes.
Myself - Do you have a receipt?
Guest - No.
Myself - Did you purchase this on a credit card or with a check?
Guest - No.
Myself - Was it a gift?
Guest - Yes (or no.)

It drives me crazy that I have to drag it out of them. Don't just throw your stuff on the counter and say nothing and expect me to know what your situation is. I have to take care of sometimes a hundred guests per GS shift. I've seen everything... I can't automatically know what you want or need to do. It could be anything.

I could rant all day but this post itself is long enough for now.
lol.. next time say Thank You and put it in the appropriate reshop bin.. See how fast they will start talking...

To That One Guest...stfu - I don't care...I don't care...I don't care...really - I DON'T CARE
Call corporate - I don't care
You want my manager - I don't care
You spend mega money at Target -Not only don't I care - but that is not something I would be bragging about. I would love to say - I'm sorry that you can only afford to shop here.
You have a perfect credit score - I don't care - so do I and that's even after my divorce from hell and a rip apart from the IRS - Yippee, you pay your bills on time.
The restroom is a mess - I don't care - talk to your fellow shoppers. They are the ones who can't crap in the toilet and pee on the seats - Or Maybe it was you and you don't want to admit it!
The garbage outside is overflowing - I don't care - and really why should you?
I'm never coming back here again - I don't care - one less annoyance in my life

TTOG: OK, so I tried to help you with your six month old online electronics purchase. I'd have given you a gift card or even cash but you wanted it back on the credit card that you didn't have in your possession and that you did not have a number for. You didn't even know which card it was, "because I carry lots of different cards." You yelled at me to call Target to get the credit card number for you. I could not do that. Then you came back a week later, talked to the STL and accepted the gift card. Cool. But did you really have to come in later and ask me for an apology?

I really and truly am so sorry that I broke every rule in our policy book to make you happy and failed. I really and truly am sorry that the STL didn't also fail. Is that good enough?
A week later and she still didn't come in with the stack of cards that she might have used for the purchase (eyeroll)

I laughed because I can relate, but as a person for whom English is a second language, give us time. Learning a new language is tough, we're both excited to practice but nervous because we are embarassed to make mistakes.
Yeah yeah, I know. I don't have a problem with Spanish people who at least try to speak English. But there are those people who clearly don't put any effort into it and they just speak in Spanish and try to do weird hand signals. Like what is that supposed to mean? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back