To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest: thank you for being so nice after waiting for the lady in front of you to pay. The lady may have been mentally challenged, and she seemed to have difficulty counting her money. Most guests would get angry and/or drop their stuff and walk away, but the guest behind the lady was very patient! :)

Was training in GS the other day, I had gone through the whole day with hardly getting yelled at (success!) and I'm about to leave. Walk out from behind the SD and a guest walks up to me and says "Can I ask you a question." My shift ended in four minutes, so I figured why not. He then launches into "For a company that's based in Minnesota, why do you do almost all of your work strictly overseas." Awwww, crap, someone with an agenda. He then goes on a five minute rant about how he ordered something from Target.com and it was supposed to get there tomorrow, but he was certain it wasn't going to get there by then and he needed it tomorrow, but when he talked to guest support online, they were all from India and they couldn't understand them, so he came in and purchased one in store so he could return one of them.

He basically said it in one long run on sentence like that. After about two minutes, I was looking around trying to find a way to get out, but he just kept going on with his rant. Ended up clocking out two minutes late.

To the one customer who came along just before 6:15 a.m. and decided to spray the shelf with an entire can of shaving cream: I hate you! The maintenance guy and I cleaned up most of it but I hope you had fun because you made a bad night worse.

Was training in GS the other day, I had gone through the whole day with hardly getting yelled at (success!) and I'm about to leave. Walk out from behind the SD and a guest walks up to me and says "Can I ask you a question." My shift ended in four minutes, so I figured why not. He then launches into "For a company that's based in Minnesota, why do you do almost all of your work strictly overseas." Awwww, crap, someone with an agenda. He then goes on a five minute rant about how he ordered something from Target.com and it was supposed to get there tomorrow, but he was certain it wasn't going to get there by then and he needed it tomorrow, but when he talked to guest support online, they were all from India and they couldn't understand them, so he came in and purchased one in store so he could return one of them.

He basically said it in one long run on sentence like that. After about two minutes, I was looking around trying to find a way to get out, but he just kept going on with his rant. Ended up clocking out two minutes late.

Gotta love the ranters lol. I mean, I can sympathize with that guest because I would find that very frustrating too, but still. What do you expect us to do about it? We're just lowly store team members; we have no control over Target.com, and we can't help that the call centers are in India! Also, 'almost all of our work' is not done overseas - what about the stores, for crying out loud?!

I got an angry ranter once at the express lanes and I had to pass him to the GSTL because he wanted 'to speak to a manager right now'. I later found out it was her first day back from maternity leave, so I felt really bad.

To the ONLY rude guest returning your jewelry armoire at Guest Services this Friday:

You paid for it with $40 worth of gift cards and $5 cash. I'm sorry you think OTHER companies would just give you $45 cash back instead of another $40 giftcard and 5 bucks back. I apologize for it going on sale and you having to come in and get an adjustment on it a few days ago. AGAIN I apologize for it going on clearance, for 30 something odd dollars after you asking me how much it costs now.

Also, thanks for your sarcasm when asking if you would like to purchase it back for the clearance price (which we are never supposed to do, as people would just get adjustments on their christmas trees when they go 90% off). "YES I would LOVE to buy that back at the price it costs on the shelf right now!!!" as she proceeds to storm off with her embarrassed husband in tow. I hope you have a lovely Christmas crazy lady, and I feel for anyone that has to spend the Holidays with your loony butt!

To the rest of the guests from that day:
Thank you for being so appreciative for my help with photo lab and returns while I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off. Flying solo over there during the holidays is definitely a challenge!

To that one guest: if you "f**king hate Target so much", then get the f**k out and go to Walmart!

To the lady behind that guest: thank you so much for your sympathy. It's guests like you who help me get through the day.

to that one guest who ranted and raged over us taking the ads down before closing...just because you wanted to know what is on sale...how exactly did you know what was supposed to be on sale to be able to tell me that should have a sign over it? Plus, that mini rant that was supposed to tie in Target made absolutely no sense.

to that one caller today who wanted me to hand hold you through the process of applying for a job at Target...I almost sorry I hung up on you (very politely and professionally)after five minutes and 6 other calls coming through. But honey, if you can not make it through the first page after five minutes I can not help you in the way you need. Even a trained monkey could get hired at our store.

To that one guest that found sign for the $42 portable dvd player from the sale last week that someone forgot to take down, thank you for actually being understanding and not raising a fuss at all. Thank you also to another guest that did the same with the $19 Cars 2 Bluray + DVD combos that were incorrectly placed in a $7 spot.

To that one guest that found sign for the $42 portable dvd player from the sale last week that someone forgot to take down, thank you for actually being understanding and not raising a fuss at all. Thank you also to another guest that did the same with the $19 Cars 2 Bluray + DVD combos that were incorrectly placed in a $7 spot.
Those are always the nice ones to deal with. I wish we had more of those.

I had one of those the other day....went on and on about how we're "losing guests because we're carrying too much of our own crap instead of brand name merchandise" (and yes, he said "our own crap"). All because we were OUT of the refills of Dial antibacterial soap. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't that we weren't carrying it, we were simply out of it on the shelf and I could call the back room and see if we had any back there. I never got the chance because he stormed off. Had another one today who wanted to buy Sudafed (not our generic, actual Sudafed) and got upset because we didn't have a 48-pack and only 1 24-pack. HE went off for about 5 minutes because I told him I didn't know when we would get more in, that we get restocked based on sales. He actually told me "If I wanted your (crappy) generic, I would have asked for your (crappy) generic".

I had one of those the other day....went on and on about how we're "losing guests because we're carrying too much of our own crap instead of brand name merchandise" (and yes, he said "our own crap"). All because we were OUT of the refills of Dial antibacterial soap. I tried to explain to him that it wasn't that we weren't carrying it, we were simply out of it on the shelf and I could call the back room and see if we had any back there. I never got the chance because he stormed off. Had another one today who wanted to buy Sudafed (not our generic, actual Sudafed) and got upset because we didn't have a 48-pack and only 1 24-pack. HE went off for about 5 minutes because I told him I didn't know when we would get more in, that we get restocked based on sales. He actually told me "If I wanted your (crappy) generic, I would have asked for your (crappy) generic".

I'll bet he would've complained about showing ID for it too. :rolleyes:

But a single 24 pk isn't enough... the recipe asks for 48 capsules to make the meth!!!

To that one lady guest who just recently activated her new check card, who can't remember the pin which is all my fault. Who then proceeded to enter the wrong pin so many times it shut her card out and then slammed her smart cart into the photo lab a foot from my knee caps not once but twice....Ma'am could you please leave the flying monkeys at home next time? We don't allow pets in the store. :p

To that one lady guest who just recently activated her new check card, who can't remember the pin which is all my fault. Who then proceeded to enter the wrong pin so many times it shut her card out and then slammed her smart cart into the photo lab a foot from my knee caps not once but twice....Ma'am could you please leave the flying monkeys at home next time? We don't allow pets in the store. :p

Well obviously you should have held a seance so she could remember her pin... I thought every TL had to be a spiritual medium!! Or maybe that isn't a requirement until AE12 rolls out!

It's customers like those that make you just want to give them a reality check and make them realize (if that's even possible) how completely crazy they're getting over mundane details that do not actually affect the quality of their lives.

Our store was out of the holiday gift cards for almost an entire week and it was absolutely crazy how many complaints we got about them. Many people were actually offended that we didn't have any in stock. We had plenty of other cards that worked in the holiday cards' absence and the reasonable people just accepted those, but not the crazy people. I wanted to tell each one "Seriously? The person who receives this gift card is going to be much more interested in the monetary value than the design on the card."

Our store was out of the holiday gift cards for almost an entire week and it was absolutely crazy how many complaints we got about them. Many people were actually offended that we didn't have any in stock. We had plenty of other cards that worked in the holiday cards' absence and the reasonable people just accepted those, but not the crazy people. I wanted to tell each one "Seriously? The person who receives this gift card is going to be much more interested in the monetary value than the design on the card."

This happened at my store too! They finally stopped complaining when the STL had us start using the promo gift cards instead of the assorted designs. But then we ran out of envelopes........

This happened at my store too! They finally stopped complaining when the STL had us start using the promo gift cards instead of the assorted designs. But then we ran out of envelopes........

We ran out of envelopes at Starbucks for a while, and people freaked out. Several older men snidely commented about how "funny" it is that we had more gift cards than envelopes. They get ordered separately, and I bet those middle-aged men feel nice and superior when they put down a wage-working college kid.

I'll bet he would've complained about showing ID for it too. :rolleyes:
:girl_wink:

But a single 24 pk isn't enough... the recipe asks for 48 capsules to make the meth!!!
:girl_haha: LMAO!!! We also had a real "tweaky" guy come in yesterday asking for "bath salts"....our pharmacist told him where our epsom salt was and I said to her "no, I don't think that's what he's looking for....I'm sorry, 'sir' (and I used that term LOOSELY), we don't really carry anything like that...there might be some in the cosmetics department or back in seasonal, but I doubt that's what you're looking for". She had no clue :girl_impossible:

**for those who don't know, the "latest thing" to get a "quick high" is a certain type of bath salt that basically mimicks meth. They crush it and (usually) snort it. It's perfectly legal and VERY dangerous because people are cooking these things up in their homes....some say worse than meth because not only are they "hyper", they are also somewhat delusional.

To the guest with the e-gift card:

I am truly sorry that you received one of these. Apparently to make the e-gift card work in store, you have to load it into your account and then you're able to pull it up with your smartphone. The phone then displays a scannable barcode and it works like any other giftcard. She couldn't figure out how to do this on her phone and ended up pretty ticked off and paying with a credit card.

To the two ladies at the photo lab working on greeting cards:

It's after 6pm and the one hour photo is closed. Yes the prints in seconds kiosk is still running, and yes it lets you select one hour greeting cards. I told you any one hour orders will not go through (we have lost many in the past) You said you were just playing around and were not going to print anything, which is fine.

Cue you leaving and now there's an order for greeting cards suddenly in the queue, and now my kiosk keeps popping up error messages because it can't connect to the lab obviously. I left you a nice message on your cellphone apologizing that the order will more than likely be lost. If you come and and yell at my photo lab people today for not having your order, I will not be a happy camper.

lol i always have guests with e-giftcards, and they'll show me a piece of paper with the number + event number on it.... usually never works, and I can never figure out why lol. I just tell them to contact Target Support.

lol i always have guests with e-giftcards, and they'll show me a piece of paper with the number + event number on it.... usually never works, and I can never figure out why lol. I just tell them to contact Target Support.
That's EXACTLY what this guest did, although she did have it pulled up on her phone as well. She missed the block of text on it telling her about loading it into her account though (which I completely understand, there was quite a bit to read)

To the two ladies at the photo lab working on greeting cards:

It's after 6pm and the one hour photo is closed. Yes the prints in seconds kiosk is still running, and yes it lets you select one hour greeting cards. I told you any one hour orders will not go through (we have lost many in the past) You said you were just playing around and were not going to print anything, which is fine.

Cue you leaving and now there's an order for greeting cards suddenly in the queue, and now my kiosk keeps popping up error messages because it can't connect to the lab obviously. I left you a nice message on your cellphone apologizing that the order will more than likely be lost. If you come and and yell at my photo lab people today for not having your order, I will not be a happy camper.
I really do not understand the people that camp out at the photo kiosks for hours on end. I find it a whole lot easier to work on my photos from my computer, tweak them, on how I want them, and upload them to a service or in-store pickup all from the comfort of my home. Why in the hell do you want to spend two hours waiting in for a kiosk in a busy store, then take another hour uploading and tweaking over a hundred photos.

Google Picasa its free and does a good job. If you want high quality photos...save up and get Photoshop.

I really do not understand the people that camp out at the photo kiosks for hours on end. I find it a whole lot easier to work on my photos from my computer, tweak them, on how I want them, and upload them to a service or in-store pickup all from the comfort of my home. Why in the hell do you want to spend two hours waiting in for a kiosk in a busy store, then take another hour uploading and tweaking over a hundred photos.

Google Picasa its free and does a good job. If you want high quality photos...save up and get Photoshop.
I think one of the reasons we have so many people using the kiosk instead of the seemingly better option (uploading through a service from home such as Shutterfly) is again we lose SO many of those orders. Sometimes the guest will even bring in the printout of the email that says "Your order#blahblah is ready to pickup at your local target!". I will:

Reboot the Apex (sometimes things will hang and rebooting will cause the order to finally come through)
Call Kodak
They generally say "Call Shutterfly"
I call Shutterfly and they say they have NO RECORD of that order number

Thus, the guest ends up either leaving mad or just doing it on the kiosk anyways.

I am still crossing my fingers that we go to a dry lab sometime soon. It's all I can do this season to keep up with photo and guest service with only one person scheduled over there. We haven't even had any photo lab hours allocated this year, which is a first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back