To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
to that one guest (yes, you in the red christmas sweater and jingle bell earrings):
you interrupted me during a 10.5 hour shift when i had my arms full of signing and i gladly offered to help you. you "can't wait for (me) to put the stuff down, (you're) in a hurry". i know how it is trying to run errands in a limited time. however, when i politely tell you that we no longer carry the item your daughter asked you to buy for christmas... IN AUGUST... and you yell at me and start saying how i should not be lazy and post signs on the items that were being discontinued before christmas... congratulations! you are officially the second guest of the entire year that i would gladly punch in the face. yes, only #2. it takes a lot to get me going (usually i just vent here lol) but you really take the cake. i'm sorry we don't have the high school musical eight ball for your daughter. i'm really sorry that your daughter has to live with you day in and day out. what a joy it must be to celebrate the holidays with you.
did i mention how nice it is to have this forum to vent? happy holidays folks, we're almost done!

I think one of the reasons we have so many people using the kiosk instead of the seemingly better option (uploading through a service from home such as Shutterfly) is again we lose SO many of those orders. Sometimes the guest will even bring in the printout of the email that says "Your order#blahblah is ready to pickup at your local target!". I will:

Reboot the Apex (sometimes things will hang and rebooting will cause the order to finally come through)
Call Kodak
They generally say "Call Shutterfly"
I call Shutterfly and they say they have NO RECORD of that order number

Thus, the guest ends up either leaving mad or just doing it on the kiosk anyways.

I am still crossing my fingers that we go to a dry lab sometime soon. It's all I can do this season to keep up with photo and guest service with only one person scheduled over there. We haven't even had any photo lab hours allocated this year, which is a first.

Hate to tell you, but, dry labs still run on APEX and use the same old dinosaur speedometer. Only difference is no processors, just the KPM picture makers... Your still going to have lost orders and the kiosks that have to be reconnected to the network several times per week!

lol i always have guests with e-giftcards, and they'll show me a piece of paper with the number + event number on it.... usually never works, and I can never figure out why lol. I just tell them to contact Target Support.

darn e-coupons never work either.... so annoying

Yeah, those things are a pain. I was once told that they work better if the device's brightness is all the way up. The brighter the screen, the easier it is for the scanner to see the barcode.

And re: Target Support - don't even bother.

To that one guest: No, I do not have control over whether your card gets declined or not. I am not making your card declined to spite you. You can tell me all you want that there is money in the account, but I still won't be able to process the transaction. And then ten minutes later, you send your child to show me the ATM receipt just to prove me wrong, as though I have control over the card being declined.

To that one guest: No, I do not have control over whether your card gets declined or not. I am not making your card declined to spite you. You can tell me all you want that there is money in the account, but I still won't be able to process the transaction. And then ten minutes later, you send your child to show me the ATM receipt just to prove me wrong, as though I have control over the card being declined.
You didn't know about the decline/accept button on the side of your register? Feel around, you'll find it:wink3:.

I do have to admit...I've been on both sides of this. My RED Debit card was denied the other day. I was slightly embarrassed until I realized it was probably because I was trying to get cash back twice in one day. Once I ran it without cash back, it was fine. I think it's stupid that there's a limit on a DEBIT card, but I guess I have to play by their rules...

I do have to admit...I've been on both sides of this. My RED Debit card was denied the other day. I was slightly embarrassed until I realized it was probably because I was trying to get cash back twice in one day. Once I ran it without cash back, it was fine.

It happens. Though it seemed like she was blaming it wholly on me, as if I was pressing a secret accept/decline button next to the register. When her kid came back, it was with the smug "I told ya so, dumbie" look. :facepalm:

I had gone up to the front lanes for additional yesterday and i was ringing this lady up. I got done and she hands me a $10 off coupon that expired on sunday. She asks me if she can still use it and i told her no. Then she starts to gets alittle attitude and says "well can a manager override it?". I said no even though they probably could have. I was not about to override it just to get myself in trouble. Not for you mam not after that attitude.

I had gone up to the front lanes for additional yesterday and i was ringing this lady up. I got done and she hands me a $10 off coupon that expired on sunday. She asks me if she can still use it and i told her no. Then she starts to gets alittle attitude and says "well can a manager override it?". I said no even though they probably could have. I was not about to override it just to get myself in trouble. Not for you mam not after that attitude.

If I remember correctly, the coupon policy states that we can not accept expired coupons under any circumstances. Technically, POS will allow an override, but we're not supposed to do it, so you were in the right by saying no.

To that one guest with the RX Rewards... No you cannot get your 5% off since it is 12:11AM now. The store closed at 12AM and it is now a new sales date, and you already used it yesterday. No we cannot accept it since it is expired and we do not accept expired coupons, and there is no possible way to override it anyways. No I do not care how much you spend at Target, have a nice night.

To that one guest with the RX Rewards... No you cannot get your 5% off since it is 12:11AM now. The store closed at 12AM and it is now a new sales date, and you already used it yesterday. No we cannot accept it since it is expired and we do not accept expired coupons, and there is no possible way to override it anyways. No I do not care how much you spend at Target, have a nice night.

Hahaha, you are now my hero sir! I've gotten to the point where I tell all my cashiers to write the date on 5% off reward cards since people "forget" that they use them one day, and try to use them again a week later. Then they yell at the cashier because they couldn't have POSSIBLY used it, something is WRONG with our computer!

To that lady who wanted that bread machine we're out of: no, there is no box for the display model, because you can not buy it! And speaking to a manager is not going to make a difference - neither of the LODs are gonna let you buy it either.

To the guest that did a no-receipt return on ANGEL TREE GIFTS:

You are a despicable human being. What makes you even more evil is the fact that you even mentioned they were from Angel Tree to begin with. You said the clothing didn't fit (even though angel tree stuff tells specifically what size to get) AND you returned the toys as well! I hope you rot. A shame giftcards can be spent on anything in the store, including beer...

to the guest that wanted half off a VISA gift card since we have all our Christmas items on clearance - you're an idiot.

I do have to admit...I've been on both sides of this. My RED Debit card was denied the other day. I was slightly embarrassed until I realized it was probably because I was trying to get cash back twice in one day. Once I ran it without cash back, it was fine. I think it's stupid that there's a limit on a DEBIT card, but I guess I have to play by their rules...

But it's not a real debit card. It doesn't directly take out your money at the point of transaction. It does an electronic withdrawal a couple days after the transaction.

I got denied a couple of weeks ago for trying to buy a TV for $300 when I had over 1k in my account but it was denied to due limited history. I even called and said I'm a team member and if I can approve the transaction and the customer rep said no.

To the crazy person who flagged me down to complain that the pharmacy was closed (we only have one pharmacist, so when they go to lunch the pharmacy has to close).
There are signs all over the place announcing this information, it will only be closed for 30 minutes and I'm sorry but it isn't a "crime" that the place is closed when you need your pills.
Even more, If you ask me to 'get a manger' don't start yelling at me because I get on the walkie to call for the LOD.
I didn't realize "you don't want your business broadcast to the world."
So now I'm going to walk away and 'find' a manager.

No, I have not seen your missing shopping cart. The amount of times this happens to me is baffling. And the fact that they blame it on me is troubling.

Oh lawd! This happens to me all the time! It's like they come to us thinking we purposely take them and hide them for a good time. I've had people 'lose' empty carts and then when I tried to get them a new one complain that it was "too late". Really??? Too late for what? Your faith in our establishment has been crushed beyond repair due to your forgetting where you parked your cart?

To be fair, however, I have seen people walk off with someone else's FULL cart before. o_O Weirdos.

But it's not a real debit card. It doesn't directly take out your money at the point of transaction. It does an electronic withdrawal a couple days after the transaction.

I got denied a couple of weeks ago for trying to buy a TV for $300 when I had over 1k in my account but it was denied to due limited history. I even called and said I'm a team member and if I can approve the transaction and the customer rep said no.
Mine always comes out within 24 hours, but I guess there's a limit on how much cash you can take in a day and I had already taken $40...I was trying to get more cash and it wouldn't let me. The debit went through, just not with additional cash. I even used it a third time that day (for an additional $100+) and it went through fine, it just wouldn't let me take extra $$...

To the crazy person who flagged me down to complain that the pharmacy was closed (we only have one pharmacist, so when they go to lunch the pharmacy has to close).
There are signs all over the place announcing this information, it will only be closed for 30 minutes and I'm sorry but it isn't a "crime" that the place is closed when you need your pills.
Even more, If you ask me to 'get a manger' don't start yelling at me because I get on the walkie to call for the LOD.
I didn't realize "you don't want your business broadcast to the world."
So now I'm going to walk away and 'find' a manager.
Your pharmacy must close the gate...we don't get to so we're stuck there while the pharmacist is at lunch an have to deal with MULTIPLE people like this DAILY :dash2:

Hahaha, you are now my hero sir! I've gotten to the point where I tell all my cashiers to write the date on 5% off reward cards since people "forget" that they use them one day, and try to use them again a week later. Then they yell at the cashier because they couldn't have POSSIBLY used it, something is WRONG with our computer!
I have to admit, I've accidentally tried to use these more than once before :girl_think: I always have multiple ones in my wallet and never remember which ones I have or haven't used. When they tell me it's already been used, though, I just have them pitch it and pull out another one. Yes, my family and I unfortunately get THAT many prescriptions :(

I have to admit, I've accidentally tried to use these more than once before :girl_think: I always have multiple ones in my wallet and never remember which ones I have or haven't used. When they tell me it's already been used, though, I just have them pitch it and pull out another one. Yes, my family and I unfortunately get THAT many prescriptions :(
and that's completely understandable! It's the guests who start ranting and RAVING over it that just blows my mind. We didn't press the secret "screw you out of your 5% discount" button lady!

It's our policy to write the date on the card... But not everyone does it. Also there's only about 3 of us here who write the amount on the 5 & 10 dollar promotional gift cards.... When I do it, I'm often told, "thank you!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back