To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lawd! This happens to me all the time! It's like they come to us thinking we purposely take them and hide them for a good time. I've had people 'lose' empty carts and then when I tried to get them a new one complain that it was "too late". Really??? Too late for what? Your faith in our establishment has been crushed beyond repair due to your forgetting where you parked your cart?

To be fair, however, I have seen people walk off with someone else's FULL cart before. o_O Weirdos.

On Christmas Eve, we had an older lady who started freaking out because her cart full of merchandise had disappeared. I felt bad for her though because she was buying last-minute Christmas presents for her grandchildren.

It's our policy to write the date on the card... But not everyone does it. Also there's only about 3 of us here who write the amount on the 5 & 10 dollar promotional gift cards.... When I do it, I'm often told, "thank you!"

I always do it (unless I don't have a pen), and I try to encourage newbies to do it too.

I'm sure the fitting room team members can relate to this one for today. Not sure how many calls I got total (probably around 20ish), but I swear at least half of them were asking if we opened or if we had special hours. It's more funny than anything I guess, but I was getting tempted to respond in different ways for the lols. Such as "you have reached a recording, please leave a message after the beep", try to use an indian accent, or "no, we're closed" and hang up. :p

I'm sure the fitting room team members can relate to this one for today. Not sure how many calls I got total (probably around 20ish), but I swear at least half of them were asking if we opened or if we had special hours. It's more funny than anything I guess, but I was getting tempted to respond in different ways for the lols. Such as "you have reached a recording, please leave a message after the beep", try to use an indian accent, or "no, we're closed" and hang up. :p

I have always wondered why the guests don't trust the recording they just listened to before getting a live person. Also always wanted to say, "Nope I just came in to wait for your call, now I can leave."

I think some people are just in the habit of pressing 0 to go straight to a person and skip the automated message.

People called us and asked us if we were open

ermmmm we picked up the phone didn't we? The only day walmart is closed is on Chriastmas.

last new year's day was one of my first as a fitting room TM...after losing count I told my TL if we got as many calls as I was old before the end of my shift I would dance in the aisle. Five minutes before the end of my shift I danced...that's a lot of calls!!

To the lady who got all pissed off when my coworker told your precious little snowflake to stop running in the store.
Perhaps you would have preferred that I run over him with the flat full of signing that I was pushing.

but I was getting tempted to respond in different ways for the lols. Such as "you have reached a recording, please leave a message after the beep", try to use an indian accent, or "no, we're closed" and hang up. :p

When I was in toys a couple weeks ago, I was tempted to answer calls with "NO TOYS FOR YOU!" or "USA Prime Credit, this is Peggy".

To the lady who got all pissed off when my coworker told your precious little snowflake to stop running in the store.
Perhaps you would have preferred that I run over him with the flat full of signing that I was pushing.

Hate people like that.... I've had incidents too where i'd be pushing a flat and kids come running out of nowhere, really annoying.

I've had people get mad at me for the same thing, and I just shrug it off. If they complain to the LOD its not like the LOD will care lol.

How about the guests who ask where to make returns, while standing in front of the service desk...&& then, when they are the next ones in line, they have a price challenge for an item they SWEAR was on "sale", even though the sign they were looking at was for the item next to theirs, they freak out and demand it to be fixed because EVERYYYYTIME they come into the store, its always something and our signs are NEVER right...Why cant they just own up to it and say they read the signs wrong?...loll Like when they see FREE, they go ape sh!t, even though the sign states, "with the purchase of 3,4..etc." Like I don't get it, perhaps I'm the ignorant one here but are ALL Target guests illiterate??

How about the guests who ask where to make returns, while standing in front of the service desk...&& then, when they are the next ones in line, they have a price challenge for an item they SWEAR was on "sale", even though the sign they were looking at was for the item next to theirs, they freak out and demand it to be fixed because EVERYYYYTIME they come into the store, its always something and our signs are NEVER right...Why cant they just own up to it and say they read the signs wrong?...loll Like when they see FREE, they go ape sh!t, even though the sign states, "with the purchase of 3,4..etc." Like I don't get it, perhaps I'm the ignorant one here but are ALL Target guests illiterate??

I'm honestly surprised they make their way to the store - really

to the guests who gave the newbie so much crap in IHL last night...and then me because she asked me to deal with you. Yup, that's right Target.com says we have something....but it counts our displays in that count AND it only updates every 24 hours. No, no other store in the area has it. Sorry that you didn't think to call before you dragged your inappropriately dressed son in to the weather. Not my fault nor the newbies fault.

to the guests who keep using the fitting room as their bathroom....EWWWWWW (I have had two pee-ers and one feminine hygiene product pick up in less than two weeks)

It's because of those types of guests that I absolutely HATE these gift card promotions - ie: buy any 3 items listed & get a FREE gift card! They insist "the sign said buy ANY, not THREE!" When you show them the sign, they complain about small type, misleading verbage, color of the print, day of the week, blah, blah, blah....

To the "guest" who at 11pm walked to the back room, took a TV and walked out with it though the sporting goods fire exits. you do reliaze there is cameras not only in the backroom but a camera right outside the doors and at least three back on the sales floor right before you enter the foyer for the back restrooms/backroom. Plus maybe at least two from there to the sporting goods fire exit.

Bad thing was, one it was planed as there was a car waiting for them. A co worker was in furnature saw the guy and by the time he got out to the door all that was left was an empty cart. Plus I fell it may have been an inside job as how would an average custmorer know where we keep the TVs, let alone the sizes...

To the "guest" who at 11pm walked to the back room, took a TV and walked out with it though the sporting goods fire exits. you do reliaze there is cameras not only in the backroom but a camera right outside the doors and at least three back on the sales floor right before you enter the foyer for the back restrooms/backroom. Plus maybe at least two from there to the sporting goods fire exit.

Bad thing was, one it was planed as there was a car waiting for them. A co worker was in furnature saw the guy and by the time he got out to the door all that was left was an empty cart. Plus I fell it may have been an inside job as how would an average custmorer know where we keep the TVs, let alone the sizes...

Wow! Sounds like you guys need to borrow my ETL-Hardlines (he's a big guy and he's intimidating as hell when he's angry).

They don't understand English or know how to tell time lately either...we CLEARLY tell them "It will be about X minutes" or "Your prescription should be ready around XX:XX" and they almost ALWAYS come back EARLY! I had a guest today who dropped off her prescription at 11:35, I told her it would be about 20 minutes, so around 11:55. I kid you not, she comes back AT 11:40 wanting her prescription and b!tching to the other tech because it wasn't ready!!! I hadn't even finished TYPING it because I had someone else drop 3 off right before her!!! Fortunately, I had written the time she dropped it off ON the script AND the bag! :dash_2:

To the guest I was left to take care of as soon as ii clocked in yesterday (jan. 4th, 2012), who purchased an Acer netbook at our store on 11/6/11 and didnt realize that the return policy changed for some electronic items (45 days)...and although her receipt clearly stated that for that item, it expired 12/12/11 she wanted nothing but a full refund. "I apologize ma'am but unfortunately I will not be able to refund this item, since my TM already called our refund authorization and they turned down our request for an approval code, then at store level there is nothing more I can do. Unless I use your photo ID, you will be able to exchange from the same department"... guest-"no I want a full refund not and exchange"... When I called the LOD, she said the same as me (over the walkie), this infuriated the guest even more as to why the manager...correction, asst. store manager (dont ask loll)...wouldnt come to the service desk, appalled her. Right then my ETL-HR was walking by and I explained to her what was going on and she told the guest that she wouldnt be able to get a store credit but she would be able to get whatever she wanted for $197 in a different department. That she would override it and "make it right"... I kind of agree with making it right for the guest, but I was a little iffy about it once the guest said this>>> "okay, I am fine with getting something(s) from another department but I do not what to do this today that is why I want a gift card. If I come back 5 maybe 6 months down the road and decide I would like to do this 'exchange', I dont want there to be any problems".... this bothered me, I informed the guest that if she was to come back a few months later, the chances of her getting the same amount she actually paid for the item. This is because when you return without a receipt, you receive the last ticketed price. So needless to say she left and said she will deal with this tomorrow (jan. 5th, 2012)... thank the lord I am off today loll I am so happy that I know the ins and outs of our policy. That is the most important part of being on the front. :)

They don't understand English or know how to tell time lately either...we CLEARLY tell them "It will be about X minutes" or "Your prescription should be ready around XX:XX" and they almost ALWAYS come back EARLY! I had a guest today who dropped off her prescription at 11:35, I told her it would be about 20 minutes, so around 11:55. I kid you not, she comes back AT 11:40 wanting her prescription and b!tching to the other tech because it wasn't ready!!! I hadn't even finished TYPING it because I had someone else drop 3 off right before her!!! Fortunately, I had written the time she dropped it off ON the script AND the bag! :dash_2:

To the guest I was left to take care of as soon as ii clocked in yesterday (jan. 4th, 2012), who purchased an Acer netbook at our store on 11/6/11 and didnt realize that the return policy changed for some electronic items (45 days)...and although her receipt clearly stated that for that item, it expired 12/12/11 she wanted nothing but a full refund. "I apologize ma'am but unfortunately I will not be able to refund this item, since my TM already called our refund authorization and they turned down our request for an approval code, then at store level there is nothing more I can do. Unless I use your photo ID, you will be able to exchange from the same department"... guest-"no I want a full refund not and exchange"... When I called the LOD, she said the same as me (over the walkie), this infuriated the guest even more as to why the manager...correction, asst. store manager (dont ask loll)...wouldnt come to the service desk, appalled her. Right then my ETL-HR was walking by and I explained to her what was going on and she told the guest that she wouldnt be able to get a store credit but she would be able to get whatever she wanted for $197 in a different department. That she would override it and "make it right"... I kind of agree with making it right for the guest, but I was a little iffy about it once the guest said this>>> "okay, I am fine with getting something(s) from another department but I do not what to do this today that is why I want a gift card. If I come back 5 maybe 6 months down the road and decide I would like to do this 'exchange', I dont want there to be any problems".... this bothered me, I informed the guest that if she was to come back a few months later, the chances of her getting the same amount she actually paid for the item. This is because when you return without a receipt, you receive the last ticketed price. So needless to say she left and said she will deal with this tomorrow (jan. 5th, 2012)... thank the lord I am off today loll I am so happy that I know the ins and outs of our policy. That is the most important part of being on the front. :)

Haha gotta love those.

I know right. My luck she didn't come in today and will show up tomorrow on my closing shift. *knocks on wood*.... ;)

This isn't really mine but happened to another cashier and she told me about it: Guest comes thru her line, blows his nose into his hands, rubs his hands together and then proceeds to unload his cart onto the belt. Cashier opens her drawer and pulls out her latex gloves she keeps and puts them on. He does it again part way thru unloading. When she was done with him she turned off her light and sanitized everything. GSA told me about it while I was covering her lunch. Thanked him as mine was right after hers. She told me about sanitizing everything.

wow I have seen guests completely just like cough and stuff but never anything like this. eww All my cashiers clean their registers quite often so I dont think there is much to worry about. There is also hand sanitizer at each CL

This isn't really mine but happened to another cashier and she told me about it: Guest comes thru her line, blows his nose into his hands, rubs his hands together and then proceeds to unload his cart onto the belt. Cashier opens her drawer and pulls out her latex gloves she keeps and puts them on. He does it again part way thru unloading. When she was done with him she turned off her light and sanitized everything. GSA told me about it while I was covering her lunch. Thanked him as mine was right after hers. She told me about sanitizing everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back