To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
12187733_1121974164539125_2203498261203529849_n.jpg

TTOG: I only had one scan left on my Cartwheel Barcode today after using it on so many other guests, but when I saw you in line in front of me on my break with about $1500 in women's clothes, I decided to use it on you instead of on my one measly pair of leggings and socks. All I was expecting was a thank you and to pay full price for my clothes. What I was NOT expecting was for you to see your new total and insist upon paying for my items as well. It was only 3 things, but after the day I had, you really made me cry. Thank you so much.

TTOG: no, I'm not going to let you use a buy one get one coupon while you get a $5 gift card and I don't care if someone else did it before, that'd be essentially giving you money to steal from us.
There is absolutely no policy to reject coupons on items that are part of giftcard promotions. Corporate knows when these coupons are being released and intentionally times the giftcard promotions to coincide with them to drive sales.

You're in the wrong, not the guest.

Let's pretend the person who wrote that doesn't have horrific spelling and leave it at that.

Last edited:
There is absolutely no policy to reject coupons on items that are part of giftcard promotions. Corporate knows when these coupons are being released and intentionally times the giftcard promotions to coincide with them to drive sales.

You're in the wrong, not the guest.
That's what I was thinking as well. I've used BOGO coupons on GC items and never had an issue before...

TTOG: no, I'm not going to let you use a buy one get one coupon while you get a $5 gift card and I don't care if someone else did it before, that'd be essentially giving you money to steal from us.

Why not? As long as the guest has the correct items and is otherwise following the rules for that coupon, there's no reason not to accept it.

TTOG: I only had one scan left on my Cartwheel Barcode today after using it on so many other guests, but when I saw you in line in front of me on my break with about $1500 in women's clothes, I decided to use it on you instead of on my one measly pair of leggings and socks. All I was expecting was a thank you and to pay full price for my clothes. What I was NOT expecting was for you to see your new total and insist upon paying for my items as well. It was only 3 things, but after the day I had, you really made me cry. Thank you so much.

GTC to you! BECAUSE OF YOU...

Why not? As long as the guest has the correct items and is otherwise following the rules for that coupon, there's no reason not to accept it.

As per our GSTL we're not allowed to accept them because we can't give out a gift card for an item that is becoming free with that coupon. So, either we can ring up the transaction so that the gift card wouldn't be prompted or we can give the gift card and give back the coupon. Either way, most of the time even if you are ringing up the BOGO coupon and a gift card, the system auto-denies anyway, but it seems a lot of cashiers at my store are accepting them anyways.

As per our GSTL we're not allowed to accept them because we can't give out a gift card for an item that is becoming free with that coupon. So, either we can ring up the transaction so that the gift card wouldn't be prompted or we can give the gift card and give back the coupon. Either way, most of the time even if you are ringing up the BOGO coupon and a gift card, the system auto-denies anyway, but it seems a lot of cashiers at my store are accepting them anyways.
I've never had the system deny it??? I just used one the other day and it went though and gave me the gift card. I didn't realize it was a gift card item though because the signs weren't up. The cashier handed me the gift card during the transaction and the coupon scanned fine at the end....

I've never had the system deny it??? I just used one the other day and it went though and gave me the gift card. I didn't realize it was a gift card item though because the signs weren't up. The cashier handed me the gift card during the transaction and the coupon scanned fine at the end....
I've had both the self-checkout registers and normal register say that it doesn't recognize it/doesn't match any of the items bought and gave the option to either "accept anyway" or "decline". So... yeah. I never have tried to use BOGO coupons with any gift card deals at either my store/other stores so I don't know anything about being on the other end of it.

TTOG: you purchased an NOP item 2 days ago. I JUST went through them a couple weeks ago and pulled all of the out of dates. There's no way in hell the one you purchased expired in 2013!!! Never mind the fact that the packaging doesn't even match the one currently on the shelf. Nice try, but it's not going to work.

TTOG: You left your cart of merchandise unattended, outside the restrooms, for 5 minutes, and you are absolutely SHOCKED when your items are stolen. You through a massive fit, even claiming you were going to press charges. You just would NOT shut up the entire time while AP reprinted your receipt and my ETL-GE refunded your money. Guess what? When AP checked the cameras, they found the cart in Cosmetics. Some guy just grabbed her cart and pushed it over a couple of aisles. And guess who we saw you meet up with before you left? That guy. So now, Leadership is making sure that all the GSA/GSTL's and Service Desk TM's know to keep an eye out for them.

I've had both the self-checkout registers and normal register say that it doesn't recognize it/doesn't match any of the items bought and gave the option to either "accept anyway" or "decline". So... yeah. I never have tried to use BOGO coupons with any gift card deals at either my store/other stores so I don't know anything about being on the other end of it.
Mine were all on Glade items. I had 3 coupons. One was for a free oil refill when you bought the plug-in, & I had 2 BOGO sprays. Maybe that's why???

TTOG: You left your cart of merchandise unattended, outside the restrooms, for 5 minutes, and you are absolutely SHOCKED when your items are stolen. You through a massive fit, even claiming you were going to press charges. You just would NOT shut up the entire time while AP reprinted your receipt and my ETL-GE refunded your money. Guess what? When AP checked the cameras, they found the cart in Cosmetics. Some guy just grabbed her cart and pushed it over a couple of aisles. And guess who we saw you meet up with before you left? That guy. So now, Leadership is making sure that all the GSA/GSTL's and Service Desk TM's know to keep an eye out for them.
So she bought a bunch of stuff, left it unattended while her friend hid the cart, then threw a fit and got her money back for the items that were still in the store?

Sounds like she came out even and the store still has their merchandise.

So she bought a bunch of stuff, left it unattended while her friend hid the cart, then threw a fit and got her money back for the items that were still in the store?

Sounds like she came out even and the store still has their merchandise.
Unless the guy grabbed the bags and walked out with them....then they got the merchandise AND their $$ back.

Your GSTL has misunderstood Target's coupon policy. The system never auto-denies coupons due to the giftcard offer. If it is denying it odds are the coupon is for the wrong item.

The closest thing to what your GSTL is stating that is actual policy is that if a guest uses a BOGO coupon they may only use one coupon of the opposite kind towards the items.

ie. Two toothpaste's. They use a manufacturer BOGO coupon. They may use a Target coupon on the non-free item.

If the BOGO was a Target coupon then they may use a manufacturer's coupon on the non-free item.

They may not use a BOGO coupon of one variety and then two coupons of the other variety because we don't accept coupons on free items.

Your GSTL has misunderstood Target's coupon policy. The system never auto-denies coupons due to the giftcard offer. If it is denying it odds are the coupon is for the wrong item.

The closest thing to what your GSTL is stating that is actual policy is that if a guest uses a BOGO coupon they may only use one coupon of the opposite kind towards the items.

ie. Two toothpaste's. They use a manufacturer BOGO coupon. They may use a Target coupon on the non-free item.

If the BOGO was a Target coupon then they may use a manufacturer's coupon on the non-free item.

They may not use a BOGO coupon of one variety and then two coupons of the other variety because we don't accept coupons on free items.
Yeah, I'm trying to understand this but I'm pretty tired so I may be misunderstanding but the items in question (in reference to my TTOG) were Dove body washes. I'm assuming the gift card was for three Dove products... the person had four Dove items (two regular body washes, and two Dove Men+Care) and two BOGO coupons that said "buy one Dove product get the Dove Men + Care for free".

Another time was for some of those Febreze car fresheners or something that were like buy some Febreze get some free car fresheners... both times the system didn't link the coupons to anything... :S

So I'm thinking that the first one wouldn't be able wouldn't have been able to be used because four products, one gift card and two things free doesn't sound right... I don't know if the last one should have been accepted because I feel like they were trying to use two of the same coupon also...

[/long post]

TTOG (not really a "guest" but hey give me a break)

Two guys come into the store in orange polo's. One of them is carrying a strange silver canister with a scary looking nozzle on it. First guy whispers to me, "Hey pal". My instant reaction is, "oh no, these guys are here to kill me". I get ready to kick the first guy between the legs and then attack the second. "We're here to talk to the LOD about a pest problem, we just dont want anyone in the store to hear us", the guy says. "Oh, yeah let me get him for you". My heart settles down and goes into stand-by mode. LAter in the day I see another one of these guys..............I'm ready........ready for when they attack me with that bug killer....................it was a busy day

Target still gets paid for the free things from those manufacturer coupons. It's free for the guest but target isn't losing out on the money.

You can use two of the same coupon. I think the policy is still 4 identical coupons. Did you read the fine print, though? I always read the fine print, because a lot of couponers are trying to cheat the system. Most of the ones that don't work are because they got the wrong size or flavor/type, didn't realize they needed to buy multiple, it expired, or they're just hoping you'll accept the coupons without checking. Sometimes they just don't work and you have to manually enter it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back