To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: Yes, my LOD is much more of an asshole than I am. Yes, I did warn you. Asking us to stay open an EXTRA HOUR, on Christmas Eve, when we're already open til 11, because you "need to get your kids gifts but forgot" is not getting any sympathy from us. After I told you no and explained the reasons, etc., you demanded my manager. I explained that they were extremely busy, and would just repeat what I said (I was wrong about this), but they insisted.

Sure enough, LOD hops on the phone, and surprises with "Look, ma'am, I'm sure [name] has already explained to you that we are not going to stay open for you, but let me be clear. I don't want to be here as it is. I'm sure as HELL not staying open because you don't care enough about your kids having a good Christmas to even REMEMBER to buy them gifts. Have a Merry Christmas" and hangs up. Holy hell, the look on my SDTMs face after this exchange was priceless.

That sounds a lot like one of my ETLs.

TTOG: No, you cannot return your Blu-ray set because you "didn't know" it was Blu-ray until you opened it. The receipt says Blu-ray, the box says Blu-ray in four separate places in rather large font, and you specifically inquired as to our DVD/Blu-ray return policy and I warned you not to open it (Yes, I remember you, because you were a rude ass to me throughout the whole process.)

TTO "Guest": Nicely done. You created the highlight of my month by simply existing in the store for about an hour. Was walking back to the service desk back from my last break of the day and I notice 2 police officers walking out of AP's office, split up, and start slowly moving around the store. About a half hour later you caught on and decided to make a run for it, right in front of the service desk (almost knocking over 3 racks of clothes, a few guests, and really shaking up a few TMs who were close by) to where the officers cornered you and tackled you to the ground. Not sure why you thought it was even worth resisting at that point but it took 2 officers to get you to the ground and a 3rd one after to be able to handcuff you while our AP guy just stood there smiling as they dragged you off to the side. We finished with the guests who hadn't ran away yet and went on with our day while you left such a charming memory in our heads ;)

(I'm not actually sure of what happened as I'm just a standard TM and not really friendly at all with our AP guy except in passing. If I had to guess, it was some sort of non-shoplifting related arrest based on the relatively normal items he had in his cart and the lack of anything high-end on his person, and the sudden amount of police presence vs. just AP keeping an eye on him. That being said I know almost nothing about AP practices, so idk what type of patterns would trigger that type of response.)

(I'm not actually sure of what happened as I'm just a standard TM and not really friendly at all with our AP guy except in passing. If I had to guess, it was some sort of non-shoplifting related arrest based on the relatively normal items he had in his cart and the lack of anything high-end on his person, and the sudden amount of police presence vs. just AP keeping an eye on him. That being said I know almost nothing about AP practices, so idk what type of patterns would trigger that type of response.)

He could have been a shoplifter who was suspected of having a weapon. Target AP doesn't mess around with that and lets law enforcement handle it.

He could have been a shoplifter who was suspected of having a weapon. Target AP doesn't mess around with that and lets law enforcement handle it.
If I had to hazard a guess out of the blue, I would say he was violating a trespass notice or had warrants, since PD was there already.

TTOG: telling me, "I'd like to get this filled, I have no insurance..." before you even HAND me the script makes my "bullshit detector" go on high alert. Imagine that, it's for 240 Norco, from a doctor over an hour away, written TODAY, you've never filled with us, and your address is over an hour in the opposite direction. I try an eligibility search, which comes up empty, but the PMP database shows you've been getting them filled under both insurance AND cash all over the place. The doctor's DEA is also registered in a different state (which is about 1000 miles away,) so we page him. SURPRISE! He's not affiliated with the clinic named on the Rx, and told us not to fill. He also wanted us to fax a copy of the PMP report so he could contact EVERY pharmacy listed who DID fill Rxs written under his name & asked us to note his file under the address in our state so nothing else gets filled at a different store...

Oh, and did I mention he's a pediatrician and this guy was about 30??? LMAO!!!

TTOG: telling me, "I'd like to get this filled, I have no insurance..." before you even HAND me the script makes my "bullshit detector" go on high alert. Imagine that, it's for 240 Norco, from a doctor over an hour away, written TODAY, you've never filled with us, and your address is over an hour in the opposite direction. I try an eligibility search, which comes up empty, but the PMP database shows you've been getting them filled under both insurance AND cash all over the place. The doctor's DEA is also registered in a different state (which is about 1000 miles away,) so we page him. SURPRISE! He's not affiliated with the clinic named on the Rx, and told us not to fill. He also wanted us to fax a copy of the PMP report so he could contact EVERY pharmacy listed who DID fill Rxs written under his name & asked us to note his file under the address in our state so nothing else gets filled at a different store...

Oh, and did I mention he's a pediatrician and this guy was about 30??? LMAO!!!

Great catch!

TTOG: you came through my line with fraudulent coupons and I denied them and so you left them as go backs. You came back through my line 2 days later and gave me more fraudulent coupons so I called my GSA. She also denied the coupons and then proceeded to say that walmart did it. She knew who you were and you left in huff. Nice try.

TTOG: You sir, are an asshole :3! Get out of the store and never come back!!

I just got back from lunch and the GSA asked if I could help this elderly man do his shopping. I agreed and figured it would be easy, grab a few things off shelves for him, lead him to his stuff, easy right? Well his first request was "heavy woolen pajamas" Now I had no idea if we actually carried wool pajamas, but I knew where exactly we kept them. So I took him to the pajamas which was now a very small section of men's. I checked every pair and they were all polyester or cotton. Asked the softlines ladies and they all confirmed, nope. The guy got visibly upset and then asked if I actually knew where everything was. Confirmed yeah I knew (we were at the damn pajamas weren't we???) so the next item on his list..."heavy woolen blanket." Again, took him STRAIGHT TO THEM. No detours or anything no getting lost. A TM saw me with him and was basically like "Oh. that's why you wanted wool pajamas" and had a face that told me I was in for a bad time. So at blankets I again searched EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. and none were wool. So when I come out of the aisles he's like "you went through all those and have nothing to show me?" and I told him there was no wool unless he wanted to look at other material in which case I could bring him a few nice ones I saw. NOPE. ONLY. WANTED. WOOL. Which is why I didn't bring anything out???? At that point I wanted out because he was getting pretty insulting again asking if I actually knew where everything was. So I decided to dump him on the LOD. Who basically told him the exact same things I did. Asked softlines over the walkie about the pajamas. Checked the website and confirmed we have nothing he wanted. LOD said I could go about my business doing go backs and the second I took a step away I hear him talking "I hate to tell you this but...is she new? She had absolutely no idea where anything was." YOU SURE ABOUT THAT. ARE. YOU. SURE. ABOUT. THAT?

The LOD never talked to me about it and I still saw them in the same spot about 20 minutes later so I figure he realised that guy was fuckin nuts too.

Reminds me of the guy I dealt with when I was still in the front end, YEARS before FF, SFS, et al.
He walks up while I'm in charge of the lanes & wants to order something to pick up from the store.
I said we could ship it directly to his address but not to the store.
He gave me a dismissive wave & said he'd find 'somebody who knows what they're talking about'.
Eat hot death, you moron.

I was hoping he'd get his foot run over by the nasty old lady on the electric cart (she always leaves them outside, switched on out in the hot sun).
Win-win.

I was hoping he'd get his foot run over by the nasty old lady on the electric cart (she always leaves them outside, switched on out in the hot sun).
Win-win.
My store had security labels on the electric carts, so when they'd get near the door.. There'd be a beep storm. Won't work though if your store stores them in the entrance vestibule, but a good idea regardless.

Oh.. and getting your foot run over by those revolving pieces of scrap metal hurts like hell :p

TTOG: You sir, are an asshole :3! Get out of the store and never come back!!

I just got back from lunch and the GSA asked if I could help this elderly man do his shopping. I agreed and figured it would be easy, grab a few things off shelves for him, lead him to his stuff, easy right? Well his first request was "heavy woolen pajamas" Now I had no idea if we actually carried wool pajamas, but I knew where exactly we kept them. So I took him to the pajamas which was now a very small section of men's. I checked every pair and they were all polyester or cotton. Asked the softlines ladies and they all confirmed, nope. The guy got visibly upset and then asked if I actually knew where everything was. Confirmed yeah I knew (we were at the damn pajamas weren't we???) so the next item on his list..."heavy woolen blanket." Again, took him STRAIGHT TO THEM. No detours or anything no getting lost. A TM saw me with him and was basically like "Oh. that's why you wanted wool pajamas" and had a face that told me I was in for a bad time. So at blankets I again searched EVERY. SINGLE. ONE. and none were wool. So when I come out of the aisles he's like "you went through all those and have nothing to show me?" and I told him there was no wool unless he wanted to look at other material in which case I could bring him a few nice ones I saw. NOPE. ONLY. WANTED. WOOL. Which is why I didn't bring anything out???? At that point I wanted out because he was getting pretty insulting again asking if I actually knew where everything was. So I decided to dump him on the LOD. Who basically told him the exact same things I did. Asked softlines over the walkie about the pajamas. Checked the website and confirmed we have nothing he wanted. LOD said I could go about my business doing go backs and the second I took a step away I hear him talking "I hate to tell you this but...is she new? She had absolutely no idea where anything was." YOU SURE ABOUT THAT. ARE. YOU. SURE. ABOUT. THAT?

The LOD never talked to me about it and I still saw them in the same spot about 20 minutes later so I figure he realised that guy was fuckin nuts too.

Should have led him to the Depends.

Once while cashiering I had a guy that kept complaining about things wrong with Target's store polices, but instead of saying Target he kept saying my name. "Emayf makes it very hard to shop at Target" "Unlike other stores, Emayf won't do card look up." It was very strange!

To all those silent cell phone guests: What are you doing?!

There are so many people who walk around the store with their phone up to their ear like they're talking to someone, but I'll be near them for a few minutes and never once hear them utter a word/never hear anything from their phone. It's so confusing/awkward. To make it worse they always linger/hover. 95% of the time they're in B, C, or D, and there's a 70% chance they're scouring a clearance endcap.

I can understand how there are a bunch of "crazy cat lady" or "angry couponer" people out there...but this...this is such a strange behavior that I can't get my head around how frequently I see it. Seriously...what are you doing?!

Ttog. I was riding on an electris cart, with my coat on, my purse and a few items in the basket, you asked me if i work here. Yes i do but NO I cant come help you in electronics. Does it look like im working? Sorry im not losing my job for helping you off the clock. Besides i know nothing about electronics. Im just a cashier.

Ttog. I was riding on an electris cart, with my coat on, my purse and a few items in the basket, you asked me if i work here. Yes i do but NO I cant come help you in electronics. Does it look like im working? Sorry im not losing my job for helping you off the clock. Besides i know nothing about electronics. Im just a cashier.

Just say NO!

Wow. Don't know how much more your attire/actions could scream "OFF DUTY!!!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back