To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ask folks if they want a bag for a few/single items. Some always decline but my leadership is a stickler about the bag credit for using a reusable bag.

Sorry, I can't make you popcorn with no butter.
Most of the time, I have people asking me to pour more oil over their popcorn.

Of course, I am going to stick my hand or paper cup into a barrel of hot oil.

I believe the real purpose of the bag credit is for data mining purposes. Corporate most likely wants to know how many guests are using reusable bags, providing the discount is a good way to get cashiers to actually record that information.

Had a granny come thru when some of the dollar spot had gone 70% off. Each grandkid (3) got their 30 cent toy rang up separately so Granny could get the bag credit for each transaction (she just threw it all in the same bag).

Had a granny come thru when some of the dollar spot had gone 70% off. Each grandkid (3) got their 30 cent toy rang up separately so Granny could get the bag credit for each transaction (she just threw it all in the same bag).

That's like the lady the other night we had that was fussing over clearance candy not being marked down yet. Then she whipped out her coupon binder after the GSTL decided to go ahead and mark it down for her. :/

To that one guest on the phone: Floor lamp = electrical appliance. Floor lamp =/= electronics. Please stop telling me that you have the correct department when I tell you that you need to speak to someone in Furniture and not Electronics.

I actually don't support that. It's getting rid of one net bag loss, that equals one credit. I also don't give multiple credits to people with multiple bags (unless they complain, then I don't care enough to defend a five cent difference)

To that one guest on the phone: Floor lamp = electrical appliance. Floor lamp =/= electronics. Please stop telling me that you have the correct department when I tell you that you need to speak to someone in Furniture and not Electronics.

I love it (insert sarcastic tone here) when a guest thinks they know store operations better than I do. I've gotten pretty impervious to all of the rudeness/stupidity that sometimes gets thrown my way but this one still make me want to slap some people.

I actually don't support that. It's getting rid of one net bag loss, that equals one credit. I also don't give multiple credits to people with multiple bags (unless they complain, then I don't care enough to defend a five cent difference)

I'm all for not letting the guests walk all over us, but this bag debate baffles me. No bag, backpack, reused plastic bag, multiple credits for multiple transactions--if they want the credit give it to them. Even if they don't ask for it give it to them. It's a nickels worth of positive guest relations and that's a gigantic bargain.

Electrics ≠ Electronics.

When I was trained, I was told to scan once for each reusable bag.

If I was your GSTL, you'd get a coaching. Each re-usable bag = 5 cent coupon.

I'm all for not letting the guests walk all over us, but this bag debate baffles me. No bag, backpack, reused plastic bag, multiple credits for multiple transactions--if they want the credit give it to them. Even if they don't ask for it give it to them. It's a nickels worth of positive guest relations and that's a gigantic bargain.

Ditto. Its a nickle, people. Not a lot in the grand scheme of trying to do right by the guests. I've had people who ask me to just pack the tote they're buying that I give the credit to that were absolutely tickled to receive it.

I try not to piss off the guest and just help them anyway.

Three or four year old child in cart with mom stares at me for a while. Then he points to me and says, "Mommy, is that my daddy?"

Three or four year old child in cart with mom stares at me for a while. Then he points to me and says, "Mommy, is that my daddy?"

You should've told the kid "If I were your daddy, she wouldn't be your mommy." The look on Mommy's face would be priceless. :D

I try not to piss off the guest and just help them anyway.

If I'm not too busy, I would try to help. I might even venture over to C&D and look for the item. However, I frankly have little problem with pissing off a guest that thinks they know better when they really don't.

Now that TMs can no longer use their discount card with their SNAP/WIC cards, I'm going to call them guests. One of them got so mad at me because I wouldn't just take her 10% off that she threw a huge hissy fit. It was bad enough that I looked at her and was like, "Really? Do I need to call the LOD over to have them explain the reasoning behind it?" And this was after I showed all the cashiers the email that came from on high explaining that SNAP wants everyone treated equally. This TM/guest/customer was told by the ETL HR that if she was going to throw tantrums, she could shop elsewhere. :)

Now that TMs can no longer use their discount card with their SNAP/WIC cards, I'm going to call them guests. One of them got so mad at me because I wouldn't just take her 10% off that she threw a huge hissy fit. It was bad enough that I looked at her and was like, "Really? Do I need to call the LOD over to have them explain the reasoning behind it?" And this was after I showed all the cashiers the email that came from on high explaining that SNAP wants everyone treated equally. This TM/guest/customer was told by the ETL HR that if she was going to throw tantrums, she could shop elsewhere. :)

SNAP wants everyone treated equally? I've got to see this email.
Sorry that she had a hissy fit at you but I can sorta understand.
She doesn't make enough money to survive on and now Spot doesn't let her use her discount with the benefit that she had to go hat in hand to the state for.
Sorry I don't get the reasoning but you shouldn't have got stuck in the middle.

To that guest who wanted to speak to a lod ,but didn't want to speak to the skinny ***** ,lucky for you and the TM ,that skinny B doesn't work here anymore ...

To the guest that didn't even let me begin explaining why we couldn't price match a gift card promo before snapping "Gimmi da manager. I dun want ta talk to no part-time fool" : Thank you, you made my life easy!

Over the walkie: LoD to Guest Service please.
To the next Guest: I can help you ma'am.
To the lady who now looks pissed: The Leader on Duty will be here in a moment. Since you don't want to talk with this part-time fool he will help the next in line. Thank you! (huge smile).

... it's the simple things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back