To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest that ordered popcorn and then decided to be like hansel and gretel and leave a trail everywhere you went...I don't care too much for you. I would be okay if you didn't stop, look at your trail of popcorn, and then keep walking. That's not something middle-aged women do. I expect that from a child, but not you.

it would be nice if guests weren't such pigs-even when they notice - you can't help wondering why they didn't notice the poop trail around the store, or the items they dumped on the floor while swirling a path like a tornado thru softlines. But again, I am expecting too much.

Here's another one that happened today:

To the one man with the extremely obnoxious circus family: I'm not a mean person, I enjoy making people smile. You watched while they attempted to crack open the Xbox 360 shelf glass, You allowed your family circus to completely trash Food Avenue, and you let your child urinate on the floor in the middle of the aisle near the checkout. I could have let all that go, if you had not told your children: "Don't worry about your mess, these people are paid to clean it up for you." For that line alone, I hate your guts, i hate your entire family, and i hope child protective services takes away you kids and puts them all in a children's insane asylum. I never thought i'd meet a family worse than the Westboro baptist church, but you came super close today.

To the guest who loudly shouted "Hello? Hello! Hello!" to get my attention (as I was coming out of the walk-in fridge): You complained about having to wait for someone to come to the counter, then you stood there gazing at the menu & asked dumb questions (the answers of which I pointed out on the very signs you were reading) when you could've been studying it while waiting 10 seconds for me. Or did you NEED an audience while looking at a menu?

To the guest who loudly shouted "Hello? Hello! Hello!" to get my attention (as I was coming out of the walk-in fridge): You complained about having to wait for someone to come to the counter, then you stood there gazing at the menu & asked dumb questions (the answers of which I pointed out on the very signs you were reading) when you could've been studying it while waiting 10 seconds for me. Or did you NEED an audience while looking at a menu?

My HR TL has this terrible habit of not scheduling Food Ave.-trained TMs on weeknights, so we often don't have coverage for breaks and the Food Ave. TM has to shut down for 15 min. I HATE it when someone stands at the counter expecting someone to appear out of nowhere to help them. Hello, the lights are off, they're closed! And because our GSTLs are too nice, they go back and help the guest instead of answering the five flashers at the lanes. :facepalm:

...and because we DO have to clean after your child-burst train wreck, you (& everyone else) pay higher prices.

LOL...but seriously, no parent should allow their kids to rampage through a tore, and then tell them someone else will clean it up. That's just morally F'd Up.

Hey lady, I'm sorry the shorts were signed incorrectly. Your friend was changing his mind on getting them (they were ringing up $19.99 and the rack was incorrectly signed $7.99 for a different brand) when you said that you used to work at Target and Target would honor it. Being that I had run all the way back to mens to check the rack (GSTL was nowhere to be found) and out of breath, I gave it to you. But hey - if you used to work at Target, you'd know that C9 by Champion and Merona were DIFFERENT BRANDS with DIFFERENT colored tags, and there was NO sale sign on the rack. :nah:

To the guest who stared at the registry kiosk:

Black screen means it's shut down. I turned it on as soon as I noticed the error, which was shortly after I noticed you. It's a computer...it does not turn on right away and work instantly. It has to power up. Don't tell me every time I turn around that it's broken...I promise, it's not. It's still powering up. I apologize for you having to wait...no, I will not give you a couple of apology coupons. I didn't tell you to come out in a snow storm to buy presents from a registry. I'm not going to pay for your gas, either.

Grr...guests really bring out the worst in me sometimes. I feel my IQ lowering as they yell at me until I want to revert to caveman days and just beat them over the head with a club.

LOL...but seriously, no parent should allow their kids to rampage through a tore, and then tell them someone else will clean it up. That's just morally F'd Up.

Conversely, during my last shift a guest flagged me down to tell me her son had accidentally spilled some chocolate milk and could I get her a paper towel so she could clean it up. I grabbed the towels, but told her it was no problem, I could clean it up for her. She stood by me and thanked me the entire time while I did it then had her son thank me as well.

Conversely, during my last shift a guest flagged me down to tell me her son had accidentally spilled some chocolate milk and could I get her a paper towel so she could clean it up. I grabbed the towels, but told her it was no problem, I could clean it up for her. She stood by me and thanked me the entire time while I did it then had her son thank me as well.

We remember the idiots.
I'm certain there are more good ones.
We just don't notice them because they take care of their own messes and take the kids out of the store when they start screaming.

To those [infinity] guests: we have no control over the weather, and if it's windy, we don't want your carelessly left carts damaging everyone's vehicles. So stop b****ing that you have to actually walk your bags to the car. Believe me, you don't want your cart to smash into your BMW.

To that one guest: yes, I am aware of the spelling/grammar errors on our "no carts outside" signs. Even though I'm just a lowly cashier, I promise you I am not nearly as unintelligent as our HR TL who made the signs.

To that one Guest who feels the need to throw a toaster at me, just because your reciept is expired and then think that I am going to help you..... Your wrong....... Your lucky I didn't call the cops on you...... ugh....

To that one Guest who feels the need to throw a toaster at me, just because your reciept is expired and then think that I am going to help you..... Your wrong....... Your lucky I didn't call the cops on you...... ugh....

WTF is wrong with people?
Watching too many reality shows where that kind of behavior is the norm I guess.
I have to give you credit, I'm afraid I'd be tempted to return it to them rectally.

To the guest who basically chastised me for "correcting" her child today....maybe if you weren't so busy b!tching about your ex (which, let me tell you, talking about who your ex is BANGING in front of your kids is oh, so classy) on your cell phone, you would have seen your kid drawing all over the mat at the counter and I wouldn't have had to ask him to "please not draw on that" (in BLACK SHARPIE, mind you!!!). I don't appreciate you telling me "I have no business disciplining your child" when you OBVIOUSLY aren't doing it yourself! Go ahead and "take your business elsewhere", I really don't want to waste another 20 minutes of my work day cleaning up after your little brat (who, at age 12 should KNOW BETTER than to draw on a mat at a store!)

I was recently working in a store that is now closed. Obviously, our merchandise and shelving dwindled down and looked rougher and rougher as we got closer to our close date. Some guests just couldn't see the elephant in the room. Here goes a scenario:

Guest: Where are your donuts?
Me: Sorry Mam, We're out of stock and will not be replenishing.
Guest: Are you serious? Why on earth would you not continue to carry donuts.
Me: Were in the process of closing this store, Our vendor has collected all their product and will not be returning to this location.
Guest: That's silly, no wonder you're closing, It's because you don't support the military!!

I had to turn around and just walk away from her, I couldn't even keep a straight face at that point to save my life. She turned around to yell at me "WELL ITS TRUE!!" What made it more ironic is the next team member I saw and told this to happened to be ex military who had recently did a tour in Afghanistan. He was literally ready to slap the piss out of her!!

to that one guest: there was a reason I had to, politely, ask you to move your cart....yup that's right ma'am you put into the flow of traffic both times. Yes, ma'am I am being patient and no ma'am I am not doing it to piss you off but you are pissing me off on an already bad day.

to that one guest: I am sorry you decided that because I enforce the one adult in the fitting room at at time you just couldn't be bothered to try on the pants. Actually, to all of those guests who decided to get huffy with me tonight because I enforced that rule....your need to undress in front of your significant other is not worth my job. (But seriously? WHY do grownups of opposite sexes think its okay to do that?)

Yeh, we had to get REAL strict on that rule after hearing panting & moaning coming from one of the fitting rooms. Banging on the door brought out 2 sweaty & disheveled 20-somethings.
C'mon folks, get a hotel room!

To that one guest who tried to hand me her empty can of soda while I was pushing a flat ....hum no thank you ,I then pointed out where the trashcan was ,a measly 5 ft away as you said ,well,if it is 5ft for me ,it is the same for you ! Put it in yourself !

it makes me giggle when you are doing your 'business' in the ladies room, and talking on your cell phone at the same time - so I flush - - - > can you hear me now???

I think I mentioned this before but I've been in the ladies room and the woman in the stall next to me is setting up a business appt over her cell with multiple toilets flushing in the background. Silly lady!:sarcastic:

Me: Hi, how can I help you?
Guest: I was given this (some domestics item) as a gift for Christmas, but I don't need it.
Me: Alright, do you have a receipt?
Guest: No, it was a gift.
Me: Alright, let me check if it's still in the system. *does price inquiry* Sorry, ma'am, but we're no longer carrying this item. Unless you have the receipt or a gift receipt, I cannot return this item for you.
Guest: What do you mean you don't carry this anymore? You have things just like it on the shelf.
Me: I'm sorry, but our inventory rotates every so often, and some styles are discontinued. This specific style has been discontinued.
Guest: So there's nothing you can do?
Me: Unfortunately, no, as a receipt is required for a return. In most cases, I can give store credit if an item was recently bought, but this item is out of the system so I cannot do that for you. I'm sorry.
Guest: Can I speak with the manager?
Me: Ma'am, I am the manager. *points to the return policy behind me* Our policy states that returns that returns without a receipt can be denied. I'm sorry, but there's nothing I can do for you with this particular item.
*Guest walks away cursing under her breath*

I think I mentioned this before but I've been in the ladies room and the woman in the stall next to me is setting up a business appt over her cell with multiple toilets flushing in the background. Silly lady!:sarcastic:

We have those blasting loud hand dryers, so my favorite thing to do when someone is on their cell phone is to dry my hands for a really long time.

So my TL is also someone I talk to personally, usually at work. I had her cell phone number and needed to tell her some news so I text her. I get a "wh0 dis" back. "Is this [TL]?" "whachu want?" "this is Dan from Target I need to talk to [TL]." I get a phone call from the number and they say "You have the wrong number."
"Oh, ok."
"How old do you have to be to work at Target?"
"16 or 17 I believe"
"Is Target hiring?"
"Um... what?"
"Is Target hiring?"
"Um, yeah we're hiring. Sorry for the wrong number"

My TL moved to another state 500 miles away a year ago and came back after three months. She changed her number to that state's and after she moved back she kept it until two weeks ago (I last communicated with her Thanksgiving.) We both laughed today when I told her about the job question and the fact that the phone company seemingly recycled the number automatically. Also how my number has an area code that the girl probably has never seen before. My TL said I should have said "Yeah, travel all the way up to [my city] and I'll get you a job!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back