To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTMultipleG on many occasions: GET OUT OF THE WAY! We're busy as hell, cashiers are needed, yet here you are clogging up my space because you want to spend 40 minutes looking at Pokemon cards...:rolleyes:

TTOG and her two teens and the three friends you ran into at the SD:

GO FUCKING TALK OUTSIDE!!!!!
You clogged the guest services area for minutes and when I kept going out to get guests from lanes, you refused to fucking move to let them get by. You are NOT entitled to inconvenience everyone else in town, you're simply not important enough. Rude assholes are rude assholes.

TTOG: You don't need to give the cashier behind you a dirty look because of his choice of hair style. Yeah, sure, it's not a "common" or "clean" style, but you also don't need to look at my extremely short hair and say "Thank you for having a normal hair style" in the most disgusting and condescending tone you could. If you got to know that cashier beyond his choice of hair style, and lost your judgemental attitude, you would realize that that cashier is one of the nicest people in our store.
I get it's a bit of a petty thing to complain about, but just the way it all happened made me realize that she was being an absolute bitch about it.

TTOG: You don't need to give the cashier behind you a dirty look because of his choice of hair style. Yeah, sure, it's not a "common" or "clean" style, but you also don't need to look at my extremely short hair and say "Thank you for having a normal hair style" in the most disgusting and condescending tone you could. If you got to know that cashier beyond his choice of hair style, and lost your judgemental attitude, you would realize that that cashier is one of the nicest people in our store.
I get it's a bit of a petty thing to complain about, but just the way it all happened made me realize that she was being an absolute bitch about it.

Kudos for holding back. I probably would have told her I don't consider it a compliment if it's at someone else's expense.

Yeah we had a guest avoid one of our cashier's because he has facial tattoos. One thing to avoid a cashier but don't try and make a big deal out of it. I laughed as you got in the longest line while some other guest was pleasantly surprised his line was wide open.

I would have said "Well, it's cut off because I had head lice somethin' terrible!" while scratching my head vigorously, then manhandling her shit.

TTOG: I had a small amount of flower leak on my belt. I did my best to get it in a pile before getting out the spray and towels, only to find that the lane hadn't been replenished. :confused:You came up , saw it and said: "Could you clean this up before it gets everywhere?" :rolleyes:
Um, well, it'd be so much easier if I didn't have to walk 3 lanes down to get cleaning supplies...

Thankfully the cashier next to me was open and took you, so you didn't have to wait

TTOG: I had a small amount of flower leak on my belt. I did my best to get it in a pile before getting out the spray and towels, only to find that the lane hadn't been replenished. :confused:You came up , saw it and said: "Could you clean this up before it gets everywhere?" :rolleyes:
Um, well, it'd be so much easier if I didn't have to walk 3 lanes down to get cleaning supplies...

Thankfully the cashier next to me was open and took you, so you didn't have to wait

Just the reverse here: Had a glitter mess and had the spray out and paper towels and had actually sprayed the area and a guest came up and started plopping her crap down right on top of the freakin' wet mess!!! I'm like, lady, can you wait just one fucking second?????

Also, when you're already cleaning and they say "can you clean that up before I put my clothes down?" Jesus, micromanage much??? (like half our team)

I NEED A VACATION!!!

Just the reverse here: Had a glitter mess and had the spray out and paper towels and had actually sprayed the area and a guest came up and started plopping her crap down right on top of the freakin' wet mess!!! I'm like, lady, can you wait just one fucking second?????

Also, when you're already cleaning and they say "can you clean that up before I put my clothes down?" Jesus, micromanage much??? (like half our team)

I NEED A VACATION!!!

I'm quick to turn my light off if I'm cashiering.

"Any lane with the light on (idiot)." Repeat 20 times a shift (when I am going to break, cleaning, doing a WIC Check or a Red Card.)

"Any lane with the light on (idiot)." Repeat 20 times a shift (when I am going to break, cleaning, doing a WIC Check or a Red Card.)
I can get through WIC pretty fast, so I'll leave the light on for that, but everything else, it goes off.

after-one-week-of-working-in-retail-i-have-already-come-to-this-conclusion-149022.png

TTOG in Starbucks this afternoon: The team was being slammed with orders and due to another TM not showing up on time, we're in a bit of a clusterfuck mode. Yes, you had to wait for a few minutes to get your drink. But once you got it, you grabbed it off the counter, shook your head and said: "Wow, I don't know about this place anymore..."

Well, shit happens. The team was trying the best they could to get orders out to everyone as quick as possible, but drinks don't make themselves...

I can get through WIC pretty fast, so I'll leave the light on for that, but everything else, it goes off.
Me too, but other people can be impatient and tend to make rude comments, so I don't need them in my line.

Besides, WIC is super profitable for Target. It's expensive stuff, and they pay full price with the checks. I want them coming back to my store because it's pleasant and they feel welcome.

Me too, but other people can be impatient and tend to make rude comments, so I don't need them in my line.

Besides, WIC is super profitable for Target. It's expensive stuff, and they pay full price with the checks. I want them coming back to my store because it's pleasant and they feel welcome.
And of course the day after I post that, I got one of the longest WIC transactions I've had in my 9 months at Target tonight lol. Karma for me. Luckily the people behind the guest were very understanding.

And of course the day after I post that, I got one of the longest WIC transactions I've had in my 9 months at Target tonight lol. Karma for me. Luckily the people behind the guest were very understanding.

After doing enough of them, I know which items are going to work and which are going to trigger the register to prompt "not wiccable". Does every store (State) work that way?
I am by far and away the fastest cashier. I'm not feeling guilty about slowing down for WIC at all. I miss my green score.

TTOG thanks for this lovely Saturday morning phone exchange. Kindly never come to our store...
Guest on phone: Can I speak with someone in pantry?
Me: Pantry?
Guest: Yeah, like the water section?
Me: Umm...how can I help?
Guest: I'm looking for (whatever) size Poland Spring water. Its just easier to transfer me to someone over there...
(I don't transfer calls to the sales floor cause the red phones don't work half the time, there's no one on the sales floor, whatever)
Me: *calls for market and asks PA if we have the water and am told yes, so I tell guest*
Guest: *angry sigh* I want to know if you have any in the back, like still in a box!
Me: Umm, no, its all out on the sales floor.
Guest: HOW COULD YOU KNOW THAT! YOU'RE NOT IN THE BACKROOM!
Me: I can see in our inventory system...
Guest: Get the store manager!

Later...
LOD: Doglover, what was up with that guest?
Me: I told her what she wanted was out on the floor, none in the backroom...
LOD: Well the guest said you seemed to know everything. Meanwhile I was trying to help her, and the guest got exasperated and hung up on me. Whatever.

I can honestly say this was the first time an LOD also got attitude from a guest who gave me a hard time and just shrugged it off.

TTOG: You called to see if Starbucks accepts EBT. Yes, I made a mistake and told you they didn't since I knew of the hot food restrictions, but to call back the next day and insist I double-check because Starbucks in another retailer does? I try not to judge circumstances but if you are rich enough to buy regularly from multiple Starbucks, how could you meet the income requirement for food stamps? Don't you have better things to spend your food money on than the $6 pastries they sell?

TTOG: You called to see if Starbucks accepts EBT. Yes, I made a mistake and told you they didn't since I knew of the hot food restrictions, but to call back the next day and insist I double-check because Starbucks in another retailer does? I try not to judge circumstances but if you are rich enough to buy regularly from multiple Starbucks, how could you meet the income requirement for food stamps? Don't you have better things to spend your food money on than the $6 pastries they sell?
Not to mention *necessary* items that they / their family may need to maintain a balanced diet? Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back