To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: You called out a guest for having more than 10 items. I don't have a problem with that except for the fact that she was already in line, transaction started BEFORE you got there. I heard you mutter something inappropriate under your breath, so I *know* you saw her as you came in.

Question is: If it bothered you so much why did you stand there for the 3 extra minutes while she finished up instead of going to the Express lane RIGHT NEXT TO mine? :rolleyes:

TTOG: Jesus man, you're too honest. Instead of complaining about being overcharged because I accidentally double scanned an item and didn't catch it, you did the opposite. The gent had brought up that he was undercharged because I forgot to scan one of his soda's. And he was super kind the whole time and just smiled while I apologized and fixed it. Also thanks for signing up for a redcard fam, now one of our new GSA's owes me a soda.

Ttog-

[Got asked to briefly cover as GSA ]

You got in the longer lane so I asked you if you could move to another one since the cashier only had one guest. Then I see your still standing there after 5 minutes so I asked to take you to the next register so I could quickly check you out then you yell at me saying "you had everything under control" Then left your son to pay. Fuck you too :p

Ttog who left a cart full of chicken(23 packs) in produce: I hope a gang of clowns rapes you.

Ttog who left a cart full of chicken(23 packs) in produce: I hope a gang of clowns rapes you.
Sounds like what the bathroom policy protesters were doing for a while.
Several stores around here had families filling up carts with expensive perishables, going around the store until they were starting to leak, waiting in the longest line before telling the cashier (loudly) that they couldn't support a store with such a policy, then walking out leaving a heaping dripping cart to be QMOS'd.

TTOG: Why do you repeatedly come to my lane if you don't like how I cashier? The only reason I kept asking you questions is because 1. you had me hit my back button about 5 times and take off things that you didn't want and 2. Sometimes after taking things off an order, people change their minds about how they want to pay. Rolling your eyes at me and saying "Well um Yeahhh. I already gave you the money..." Gee, sorry for providing guest service

Sounds like what the bathroom policy protesters were doing for a while.
Several stores around here had families filling up carts with expensive perishables, going around the store until they were starting to leak, waiting in the longest line before telling the cashier (loudly) that they couldn't support a store with such a policy, then walking out leaving a heaping dripping cart to be QMOS'd.

That's theft. Fucking Christians.

TTOG: Hi, if i had know you wanted the cashier to scan a whole cart of stuff for your cartwheel I wouldn't have told you they could help you. They can only help if you have one or two items/if you already know what youre buying is on cartwheel.......

TTOG:

No, you are not going to argue me into selling you ANY full size clinical strength deodorant for 99 cents. Whatever sign you looked at, it was NOT for practically-free Secret Clinical deodorant. Fucker.

TTOG: Yeah, a whole bunch of bananas is only 29 cents :rolleyes: It says 29 cents PER. You were like oh ok cause I wasn't gonna buy bananas here but I was like 29 cents for a bunch of 8 is a good price... oy.
I've had people freak out similarly over grapes. "But I thought these were 3.99..."
"They are but they weigh a total of 2 lb..."
"Ugh, forget the grapes then." :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd give it to 'em in ones & tell them not to spend it on lap dances.

TTOG: For the last time we do NOT have any of the components for the Unicorn Frappucino!!!
I don't CARE if it was the BEST THING EVER for you.
Hear that tinkling sound? That's the sound of shattered dreams.

I'd give it to 'em in ones & tell them not to spend it on lap dances.

TTOG: For the last time we do NOT have any of the components for the Unicorn Frappucino!!!
I don't CARE if it was the BEST THING EVER for you.
Hear that tinkling sound? That's the sound of shattered dreams.
What about the new one?

Which one?
Mermaid or Dragon?
Don't think we're doing either one because of our demographic.

Which one?
Mermaid or Dragon?
Don't think we're doing either one because of our demographic.
There's the Midnight Mocha Frap that just launched (which is admittedly *very* good, i got the creme version as i don't like coffee, but you should all try it). it's not crazy or insane though, not like the unicorn.

I've been making those & the S'Mores almost non-stop & frappy hour starts tomorrow :mad:

Well, it happened again. I got bullied into giving someone a huge ass discount at Self checkouts today.

As a cashier, am I allowed to refuse? It was super fishy, an RC car that rang up for $79.99 and these two guys gave me three different prices that it is "supposed to be.". One guy says $39.99, other guy said $29.99. I said "wow, that's a pretty big difference, do you mind if I call a manager over to approve this?" and of course, they declined, stating "they had to meet the kids at the bus" and I'm like "fucking great." and at this point they're being super passive aggressive with me as I'm leaning towards just going to grab my GSTL anyways because this is wrong on so many levels, but they just wouldn't LET ME. Physically wouldn't let me. We exchanged a few words back and forth and I said "Okay,

So I just discount it to $39.99, and the other guy chimes in "NOO NOO NOO NO !! it was suppose to be $31.92." and I was THIS close to demanding that they give me a straight answer here. I'm fuming, I give no more shits, I change it, congratulate them on their huge discount, and walk away. I'm infuriated, I hate how no one lets me grab a walkie for running SCO, so if I need a GSTL I better pray they see the blinking light I have to flip onto the nearest open lane.

I'm all alone in these kinds of situations, and I have no idea what my limitations are. I'm never handed a MyDevice either, so even if I need a simple thing like a DPCI or a Price Check, I need to somehow get my GSTL to notice me. Takes at least 5 minutes every time and no one leaves happy.

Also doesn't help today the entire fricking middle school thought Target was the place to be after school. Poor starbucks ladies... a full hour and a half of nothing but a shit ton of middle schoolers and a massive line that never seems to go down...

Well, it happened again. I got bullied into giving someone a huge ass discount at Self checkouts today.

As a cashier, am I allowed to refuse? It was super fishy, an RC car that rang up for $79.99 and these two guys gave me three different prices that it is "supposed to be.". One guy says $39.99, other guy said $29.99. I said "wow, that's a pretty big difference, do you mind if I call a manager over to approve this?" and of course, they declined, stating "they had to meet the kids at the bus" and I'm like "fucking great." and at this point they're being super passive aggressive with me as I'm leaning towards just going to grab my GSTL anyways because this is wrong on so many levels, but they just wouldn't LET ME. Physically wouldn't let me. We exchanged a few words back and forth and I said "Okay,

So I just discount it to $39.99, and the other guy chimes in "NOO NOO NOO NO !! it was suppose to be $31.92." and I was THIS close to demanding that they give me a straight answer here. I'm fuming, I give no more shits, I change it, congratulate them on their huge discount, and walk away. I'm infuriated, I hate how no one lets me grab a walkie for running SCO, so if I need a GSTL I better pray they see the blinking light I have to flip onto the nearest open lane.

I'm all alone in these kinds of situations, and I have no idea what my limitations are. I'm never handed a MyDevice either, so even if I need a simple thing like a DPCI or a Price Check, I need to somehow get my GSTL to notice me. Takes at least 5 minutes every time and no one leaves happy.

Also doesn't help today the entire fricking middle school thought Target was the place to be after school. Poor starbucks ladies... a full hour and a half of nothing but a shit ton of middle schoolers and a massive line that never seems to go down...

I had a similar situation not to long ago and I said a discount that large I can't approve. Ill give you 20% as an inconvenience but its our policy to verify large discounts. Needless to say said item stayed with me.

100% call your GSTL over. no guest with a LEGIT price challenge would stop you if you explained the only way you could do it was by calling your GSTL over. NEVER let a guest bully you like that, shame on them. if the discount is more than $10 call a GSTL over.

100% call your GSTL over. no guest with a LEGIT price challenge would stop you if you explained the only way you could do it was by calling your GSTL over. NEVER let a guest bully you like that, shame on them. if the discount is more than $10 call a GSTL over.

My policy's always been over $20 I call my GSTL over. Yeah, next time I'm gonna have to think more on my toes instead of arguing and making life easier for me. I didn't maintain my stance that well and I'm upset I didn't now.

I work all weekend and knowing how today went, I bet it'll be a bit of a replay of today. We'll see. In the heat of the moment I forgot about words such as "policy" and "It's gonna make me ask for a supervisor"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back