To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one guest: you were clearly over 60 years young or more but super aware. You were looking for a specific mop set you used to buy but they no longer sold at Wal Mart. You came in ranting and raving about how you hated that store and called us earlier that day to ask if we had it. They said we did apparently. Three of us all worked together on our phones and zebras to get you what you wanted. We didn't have it but we helped you go to guest service and order it online because we don't carry it in our store but it's on our website. You were more than pleased! You gave me and my fellow TM a pat on the back and reiterated why you love shopping here instead of wal mart...that was a great feeling. A woman walking by stopped all 3 of us after that and told us how sweet it was to help them. Low and behold a comment card and a shoutout from the LOD over the walkie. Face status: red and flattered

This is why I love my job

Tell 'em to check the pharmacy; ours used to stock certain requested items behind the counter & Shower to Shower was one of them.
We don't carry any OTC products anymore. Since they come from McKesson, the CVS POS doesn't recognize a majority of them and it's a PITA to ring them up. Not to mention, we have very little space to stock them now.

She refused to pull forward or unload anything. She was literally at the entrance to the lane and wouldn't budge.
me: "maam i'm happy to ring you up while your husband gets his card, if you'd like to wait, you can do that over here, however I have to be ringing SOMEONE up to ensure lines don't get too long for everyone"

TTOCouple: Please stop yelling/fighting at the reader. It just makes for a completely awkward end to the transaction when I say "Thank you, have a nice night."

TTOG: 1. Yes you will have to go to the service desk to get a mistake fixed. 2. No *I* didn't charge you the wrong amount, that was the price of the item, but I told you to go to the desk anyway since you wouldn't have it that your item was $9.99. You went to the desk where the GSTM told you that it was in fact, $9.99. :rolleyes: Things do get misplaced because people are lazy.

Doing PCV near a register recently when I notice an extremely amorous couple checking out. Being the nosey person I am I looked at their items: condoms, lube and Pringles. Poor little 17 y/o cashier was blushing and nervous. I walked by and did a whole "you two have an awesome evening!".

TTOG: I was insanely happy that I was closing the day of free tea Friday (1-2pm) so I could avoid the madness. You came in at almost 6 and started bitching to my mid about how the sign in the store didn't have a time and you wanted your tea. I was cleaning, so I figured she would take care of it since there wasn't anyone else on line. You started raising your voice, telling her you wanted your free tea right now because the sign didn't give a time, even after she pointed to the one on the menu board that had the time. You gave up and walked away. Good.
5 minutes later you're back and tell my mid she needs to follow you to go look at the sign. I turn around and see she's getting ready to go and I give up and intervene.
"Do you just want your tea? I'm not going to stand here and have you fight over a small tea. Just tell me what you want so I can make it and get on with my day."
I'm usually a nice person but my god I was annoyed. I was beet red, staring her down. All of a sudden she turns to a nice woman, telling me what she wanted and thanking me numerous times. I make the drink and tell her to have a lovely day and go about my close...but I have to say, she definitely got under my skin. It was for one hour, and it was only a small size, so coming in hours later to fight us on it...just leave.

And by the way.
I went in yesterday for my shift and saw the sign.
It had the time on it.
I should have let my mid go and correct her.
You can't ever win with these people.

Doing PCV near a register recently when I notice an extremely amorous couple checking out. Being the nosey person I am I looked at their items: condoms, lube and Pringles. Poor little 17 y/o cashier was blushing and nervous. I walked by and did a whole "you two have an awesome evening!".

Pringles? I could understand whipped cream or peanut butter or chocolate sauce or fruits like peaches that a large hole can be cut in, but Pringles???

Pringles? I could understand whipped cream or peanut butter or chocolate sauce or fruits like peaches that a large hole can be cut in, but Pringles???

Everybody has their "after" snack.
Salty (and in a can so you don't get crumbs all over the bed) might just be theirs.

Sorry to hear that. We were busy, but everybody was nice about it.

TTOG- I was running self-checkout when you came up to me and asked if cashiers no longer bag items for you. When I answered they are definitely supposed to, you went on a 5 minute rant about how your cashier didn't bag anything and you had to do it all yourself *gasp* not sure what you wanted me to do about it, everything was already bagged and my nametag literally says new team member so it's not like I can get him in trouble or anything :rolleyes:

TTOG- I was running self-checkout when you came up to me and asked if cashiers no longer bag items for you. When I answered they are definitely supposed to, you went on a 5 minute rant about how your cashier didn't bag anything and you had to do it all yourself *gasp* not sure what you wanted me to do about it, everything was already bagged and my nametag literally says new team member so it's not like I can get him in trouble or anything :rolleyes:

Welcome back lol

We were busy, too, which is what made it all the more annoying when everyone else followed the guidelines.
You DO still have room in your walkin, don't you? Though you probably could've filled it up on those fast.;)

TToG

Bless your soul and your patience. You and your mom came in for a camera and she got the debit RedCard for the 5% and the app went through ok etc etc

But when it came time to ring up the camera, the card wouldn't go through. You called your bank and apparently it was an error on our end because the bank never received the request. Thinking about it now, your mom probably gave a check from a different account or something that didn't have the 600 for the camera. So your mom already started getting a little testy, but you assured me everything was fine and you understood shit happens as a fellow retail employee. So I ask the LOD if I can manually give the 5% and she's like yeah ofc. So they pay in cash... and the register dies. At this point your mom is kinda done and walks away but you remained so pleasant and I felt so so bad about all this. Luckily it was a simple fix and we just moved registers and the rest of the transaction went ok since it was cash (I still had in my hand) and not card.

So seriously thanks for your patience and sweetness because your mom was seriously starting to flare up my anxiety.

Thinking about it now, your mom probably gave a check from a different account or something that didn't have the 600 for the camera.

Target's system doesn't check for available funds. They assume you have it and draft an electronic check 3 business days later.

I did have a very embarrassing incident one time when I had switched the account my red card drafted from. While corporate had the banking information they were telling the store that there was no bank account attached to the card so it declined at the register. So yeah, Target can screw up when it comes to attaching banking information to the debit version.

TTOG: You picked up aluminum foil that was on sale on one of the end caps by the check lanes. The sign said 1.19 but it rang up around 4 dollars. A line was forming behind me and I didn't have time to watch the monitor and double check every price and I didn't notice the price difference, but you clearly did, but you didn't say anything until the transaction went through. I would have happily changed the price for you if you said something before I finalized the transaction, but again, you didn't say anything until AFTER the transaction. As I am just a cashier, I cannot refund you the difference, so I directed you to guest services to get a refund. For some reason you didn't like that solution, so instead of easily walking the 10 feet to guest services, you just walked out. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

TTOG: Oh honey, I'm glad that you were brought up properly by your parents and you are a very sweet and polite pre-teen, but a broken hanger really isn't a big deal. You didn't have to apologize 3 times for breaking it.

TTOotherG: Wow, you are certainly a good example to your kid, not. Between you two you had 15 dresses and just because I walked away to make sure the zone was as good as possible for the next shift, that doesn't give you license to leave every single one of them in the fitting room. First, you could have brought them all out, showing your kid appropriate behavior. Second, if you weren't planning on buying anything why did you try on 15 dresses?

TTOthirdG: You knock two shirts down and two feet from me you pick them up in a way that makes a ball and you drop them on the stack, instead of either handing them over to me or trying to fold them? Were you raised in a barn?

TTOG: Yes. Currently I am working at target for a summer job while I am home from college. However, not every cashier around my age is attending college. For them, cashiering at target is their career, and I don't think they would be too happy with you assuming everyone under 20 and not in high school can afford to go to college for 20k a year (and I go to a fairly cheap university). Attending college was not something you can do for ~$600 a year like you did in 1960.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back