To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: Were you trying to stall me? I've got a radio call to get to a different guest and you stopped me with a simple question about rain ponchos, and I answered it. But then you were insisting on where men's umbrellas are kept and asked if I was sure when I said all umbrellas are in Accessories. Well, with that rain poncho in your hand, you clearly were right in front of the umbrellas. Do you think that black umbrellas are a color suitable only for women?

all of you are the goddamn queens.

I try to spend as little time as possible in baby hardlines unless I'm assigned to zone it. Kids everywhere, moms clogging up the diaper and food aisles with those giant kid carts, ugh. And people always have a million questions: "what's the difference between these car seats?" "which kind of formula should I feed my baby?" "how well do these thermometers work?" And then when I try to help and say I'm not very familiar with the products since I don't have children I get a death glare.

... I'm not very familiar with the products since I don't have children I get a death glare.

I kid you not, back when I used to work at Toys/Kids "R" Us combo store, I had a mother actually ask me if a particular onsie would fit her baby. "Do you have your baby with you?" I asked. She gave me the worst death glare I had at that moment in my life. "No," she replied. "She's with the babysitter! Why would I have her with me?"

It was a Saturday afternoon.

I can fake some knowledge since I have a kid. But safety standards have changed, nutrition standards have changed and I never used formula. So yeah, I'm basically clueless too.

I try to spend as little time as possible in baby hardlines unless I'm assigned to zone it. Kids everywhere, moms clogging up the diaper and food aisles with those giant kid carts, ugh. And people always have a million questions: "what's the difference between these car seats?" "which kind of formula should I feed my baby?" "how well do these thermometers work?" And then when I try to help and say I'm not very familiar with the products since I don't have children I get a death glare.
And these same people are procreating. I don't think they are pros.

TTOG: Keep on keepin' on brother, you whistled and sang to your hearts content and it was absolutely fucking hilarious. 9:30 pm and my and my TL are both pissy and tired and you come outta nowhere just strutting along whistling and making instrument noises with your voice. The both of us look at each other like "Is this guy really doing this?" and we cant help but smile and laugh. You seen this, said good night in a silly voice, and me and my TL parroted it back to you. I won't forget you for a while boss, keep shopping here please.

TTOG: You came up to me with a full cart including two vacuums and were on your cell phone the entire. time. You have me scan vacuum #1 and decide against it. Fine. Then you go to pay and forget $130 vacuum #2 is underneath your cart. "Umm, ma'am, are you purchasing that?". Ugh.

Ttog-

Bitch at CVS for not being open on time. The LOD, STL or Myself can't do anything about it.

But did you....? Nope.:eek:

I! Can! Not! Believe! How! Many! People! Get their redcard in the mail and completely ignore the GIANT sticker covering like all of it that says you need to call to activate it! "Why do I need a pin?" "You created a pin when you applied for the card on the card reader" "oh. I don't remember it. Can't you just run it as credit" "Our cards are secure because they require a pin" "well what am I supposed to do" not being an idiot would help tremendously!!!!!!!!

I! Can! Not! Believe! How! Many! People! Get their redcard in the mail and completely ignore the GIANT sticker covering like all of it that says you need to call to activate it! "Why do I need a pin?" "You created a pin when you applied for the card on the card reader" "oh. I don't remember it. Can't you just run it as credit" "Our cards are secure because they require a pin" "well what am I supposed to do" not being an idiot would help tremendously!!!!!!!!
"I never made a pin!"

I literally had to stand there once and convince a lady that she set her pin.. took like 10 min.. she couldn't believe that she set it.. she thought we did it... than she thought one of us did it. So I told her to think of the pin on her debit card (you wouldn't believe how many people I've had to tell people to do this) and she finally type it in and what do you know... it went through.

Last edited:
I literally had to stand there once and convince a lady that she set her pin.. took like 10 min.. she couldn't believe that she set it.. she thought we did it... than she thought one of us did it. So I told her to think of the pin on her debit card (you wouldn't believe how many people I've had to tell people to do this) and she finally type it in and what do you know... it went through.
Seriously can not believe some of these people have made it this far in life. And they have kids too

One of the times I was backup cashiering a woman asked for no bags whatsoever. Okay, cool, makes my life easier. Turns out she had a ton of reusable bags and left them all in her car and was going to bag the stuff herself outside. I offered to suspend the transaction so she could run outside and get them and get the 5¢ discount but she was in too much of a hurry for that. She then asked if I could just give that discount based on her not using the plastic bags, and when I said I needed to actually use the bags to give the discount, she was "Why not? It's the same thing." Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I'm not going to give that discount with no reusable bags present unless someone with more power says to.

Very few people in my store has kids or one in this century; I die whenever I hear can someone help a guest in babies? "NOKIDDIE can you go help them out? " No...

New moms and 1st time grandparents are the worse.

TTOG: Yes, I need to approve coupons at SCO, its to prevent coupon fraud. Yes, coupon fraud is a thing.

Oh, you wanted to use the same coupon (same piece of paper) on two separate transactions? That would be coupon fraud.

TTOG: I'm sorry you don't like the new SCO cameras. I understand that you don't like being filmed, but look up. See all those black dots on the ceiling? Those are cameras. You are being recorded throughout the entire store. The new cameras are just a reminder/deterrent, and you being irritated with them just proves their point. I literally have no control over the situation. Call corporate.

One of the times I was backup cashiering a woman asked for no bags whatsoever. Okay, cool, makes my life easier. Turns out she had a ton of reusable bags and left them all in her car and was going to bag the stuff herself outside. I offered to suspend the transaction so she could run outside and get them and get the 5¢ discount but she was in too much of a hurry for that. She then asked if I could just give that discount based on her not using the plastic bags, and when I said I needed to actually use the bags to give the discount, she was "Why not? It's the same thing." Maybe it is, maybe it isn't, but I'm not going to give that discount with no reusable bags present unless someone with more power says to.

Yeah reminds me of the guest who bring 10 reusable *bags then want me to use them all even though they have 12 items so they can get the 5 cent discount

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back