Not open for further replies.
me: "Hi, what can I get for you this evening?"
guest lady: "Just a medium fountain drink."
---normal transaction ensues---
me: "The cups are in between the machines right over there."
guest's husband: "What just happened??"
me: "...I'm sorry...?"
guest's husband: "I ordered a medium coffee!"

You tell me what just happened, because hell if I can figure it out. You were standing right there. Your wife very clearly stated that she wanted a medium fountain drink. You didn't say anything until the transaction was finished. Neither I nor anyone else working with me heard you order anything at all. Seriously, if you're going to try and pull a fast one, at least put some effort into it. The quickest way to piss me off is gaslighting, and I don't appreciate it.

Might want to change your name to the decafeinator

*5-6 year old girl is trying to figure out where a backpack she picked off the peghook goes*
Mom: 'They have people for that!'
*Proceeds to rip the backpack out of her hand and throws it on the ground*

Like... really? How childish can you be?

This didn't happen at Target, but I knew a woman, pretty decent woman, and she talked about how if her kids acted up while shopping and kept going after a warning, she'd leave the cart and immediately take them home and sentence them to chores. All I could think was wondering how much cold stuff she basically vandalized and would have to be thrown out because the cart was just left sitting there.

TTOG - I knew you were up to something when you came threw my line, buying multiple bottles of detergent, and only speaking Spanish. (I am probably one of the whitest looking girls at our store and we have MULTIPLE spanish-speaking cashiers and TMs). The look on your face when you tried to use like 16 coupons and I told you in clear Spanish that I am only able to take 4 of your coupons and translated the fine print on the coupon for you was priceless. She was just like "...oh." Lmao 4 years of Spanish in high school came in clutch

I would have told the kid thank you for caring and not wanting to leave a mess for someone else to have to clean up. Passive aggression is a beautiful thing when used correctly.
Exactly. The trick is being super perky. What are they gonna do "a ™ was too nice to me?"

Maybe bend down to kids eye level and thank them and offer a sticker.

But, do you have a huge AX?
This triggers me!
e60434bc0c535165f99a10a3dfd178bd_400x1000.jpg

My axe is a perfectly normal size.

Or sign language like me. Lol but I only see then around holidays and they're always nice.

I should really learn ASL, I'm actually moderately-severe hard of hearing and there are surprisingly a ton of deaf workers that work on the floor and they all know ASL and I only really know how to say hi, bye, or when I'm going on break or they are by motioning breaking a stick. I might go deaf one day and I hope I don't so I try to use ear protection wherever I can around loud noises to protect my rather fragile state of hearing, but in case I ever do I should learn ASL... I should learn anyways.

I should really learn ASL, I'm actually moderately-severe hard of hearing and there are surprisingly a ton of deaf workers that work on the floor and they all know ASL and I only really know how to say hi, bye, or when I'm going on break or they are by motioning breaking a stick. I might go deaf one day and I hope I don't so I try to use ear protection wherever I can around loud noises to protect my rather fragile state of hearing, but in case I ever do I should learn ASL... I should learn anyways.

I recommend it.
Most cities and large towns have Deaf/HOH centers that offer the classes for free or at minimal cost.
Even if you aren't going deaf it's a good skill to have.

Try www.signingsavvy.com. I went through an interpreter training program and that's what we used. It's a pretty good place to start.

I recommend it.
Most cities and large towns have Deaf/HOH centers that offer the classes for free or at minimal cost.
Even if you aren't going deaf it's a good skill to have.

This. Alot of places even have deaf nights out.. if there's an interpreter training program nearby theyll do dinners as well and even if you know basic ASL and have to write a little bit they'd understand. If you ask around they'd set you up.

TTOG: pwople like you are the precise reason parenting classes exist. Your devil spawn were screaming, running the cart into other customers, and TOTALLY out of control and you did NOTHING but ask "what can you do? They're going stir crazy because school is starting soon..." Oh, I don't know, maybe tell them to STOP or you'll beat their asses? I'll tell you what you absolutely do NOT do.....reward their barbaric behavior with toys!!!

TTOFamily:
It's really sweet that when I was distracted by another guest you all thought to help by putting away all the plus size clothes you dragged in there. I had thought you were taking them all and didn't see you all putting them back. You all really were a joy to be around when bringing in all those items to your family member, you were so cheerful. Next time please put them on the bar; it took me longer to zone than it would have to put them away initially.

TTOG: I don't see how you "didn't realize the equipment (the Wave)" was in front of you when we had cones surrounding it, I was directing people around it, and it was beeping. Thankfully you realized it was there at the last moment otherwise that would have been the most hilarious incident report to date.

People have now started leaving their cart in the middle of SCO? Just straight up taking their things and walking away from it? What is happening? Who decided that this was okay?

TTOG: You accused my meek-as-a-mouse little barista of being loud & rude then got angry when I expressed surprise.
Tell me why I should disregard my coworker whom I'm worked with for two years over a bombastic bitch trolling for a free drink?
TTOtherG: Thank you for stepping up & calling first guest out on her bullshit; your next drink is on me.

TTOG: I had to try really hard to be as polite as possible when you asked me if Target had gift wrapping services, and then gave me a look like you expected me to do it.
As far as I know, no we don't. Gift wrap and bags are down over that way, you self entitled princess.

TTOG: A little goes a long way. Thanks for fumigating out my lane and making it smell like floral death for half an hour :rolleyes:o_O:confused:

People have now started leaving their cart in the middle of SCO? Just straight up taking their things and walking away from it? What is happening? Who decided that this was okay?
Oh, they do this in front of our guest service desk and it irritates me to no end, because guess what they have to walk by when they leave? That’s right - the carts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back