To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can actually permenetly damage your retinas if you look without glasses. I 100% agree anyone who wanted to see it should have gotten their glasses already but saying someone doesn't need glasses is very dangerous.

In this case "safety precautions" are real. I also was lax, so I understand why they are looking. I've only had a couple guests say anything other than "thank you, bye" though, most know they likely won't find something.

Target should have planned better for this though. Had they ordered an adequate amount they could have made mad money off of this. The number of calls I'm getting is equal to Fire Sticks and NES's calls during the holidays.
Who says you need these glasses? Fake news sources like CNN, MSNBC, Huffpost, that's who! Also the liars at those governement agencies, NASA and NOAA. Don't be fooled, it's all part of the plan to fake an alien invasion. Those glasses are Real 3D glasses that will enhance the government's special sky projector screens!

Last edited:
Who says you need these glasses? Fake news sources like CNN, MSNBC, Huffpost, that's who! Also the liars those governement agencies, NASA and NOAA. Don't be fooled, it's all part of the plan to fake an alien invasion. Those glasses are Real 3D glasses that will enhance the government's special sky projector screens!

Did you forget the sarcasm font, I hope?

TTOG. All you have to do is call the number on the back of your credit card to ask for a new one. No, we do not have temporary credit cards at GS. Do not give me the empty threat of losing your business. I saw you walking out of the store with your cart full.

Who says you need these glasses? Fake news sources like CNN, MSNBC, Huffpost, that's who! Also the liars at those governement agencies, NASA and NOAA. Don't be fooled, it's all part of the plan to fake an alien invasion. Those glasses are Real 3D glasses that will enhance the government's special sky projector screens!

And in normal TBR fashion, let's see how many people take this seriously and enlighten us with their vast scientific knowledge that isn't totally obvious, common sense, just so they can feel useful for a sec. /salty rant

TTOG, Sorry I lied to you about not having any more of the coffee you wanted, there was a few boxes in the back. It was close to closing, and I was behind on my zone/reshop cause I had to help push for another workcenter. I did help your wife find the vaccum you wanted on the sales floor though, if only it was in the back you would have been sippin' your joe this mornin'...

You can actually permenetly damage your retinas if you look without glasses. I 100% agree anyone who wanted to see it should have gotten their glasses already but saying someone doesn't need glasses is very dangerous.
You can, but it's all dependent on where you are in relation to it, how long, and when you look at it. I did it back in 1979 and had no permanent damage to my eyes.

You can, but it's all dependent on where you are in relation to it, how long, and when you look at it. I did it back in 1979 and had no permanent damage to my eyes.

If I learned anything in earth science classes, you can look at the sun with no glasses or filters/lens when the moon engulfs the whole sun and you see the Sun's corona, and the entire sky light up with stars that haven't been visible since 1979. As a science guy, lots of people at my store don't really care for the whole thing, but as someone who's interest commonly spikes in the name of astronomy, a solar eclipse is definitely something I want to witness. I'll be only getting a partial eclipse, so I won't be able to witness it in it's totality anyways, but it'd be cool. Sucks is that I work until 11:30 tomorrow a little over an hour or so after it eclipses lol, sad.

Ttog-

No we cant honor Staples BRAND composition notebooks. Yes I am aware we carry composition notebooks that look exactly the same but not the same thing. Ok Im walking away now since your still convinced we do. o_O

Ttog-

No we cant honor Staples BRAND composition notebooks. Yes I am aware we carry composition notebooks that look exactly the same but not the same thing. Ok Im walking away now since your still convinced we do. o_O
I had a guest wanting to adjust the price of a pair of shoes she swore were on clearance but rang full price. I asked to see the shoes and they were the same brand, different shoe.

TTOG - I can not wait to "hear from your lawyer" because "me" filming you using the SCO (like I personally put the monitors there just to watch you or something) is an "invasion of privacy". Not like there's 100s of cameras all around the store filming your every move or something.

TToReseller

lmaooooo get fucking wrecked

So my TL is still pretty new, been here like... under 2 months? So a lot of the resellers haven't met him yet. So for our most recent iTunes card sale my TL was at the boat covering me and I come back and he tells me a reseller just tried to argue with him about iTunes cards. Reseller was like "you're new you don't know, get me a manager" and he told him "I am the manager of this department"

so the reseller huffs off and a few minutes later the phone rings and my TL picks it up for me (still got dat phone anxiety) and you can tell he's trying so hard not to laugh and when he hangs up the phone tells me that was guest services and the reseller actually went up there to try and call my TL out because he didn't believe he was a manager

man I wish I got to see which reseller it was so I can silently laugh at them every time they come in again

Guest: *sighs And waves RedCard at me* Is there a simpler way to do this? Like without a pin?
Me: With a RedCard, unfortunately there's not...
Guest: Well, can you do something about that? Because I hate---see, my bank charges me every time I use it. So is there a simpler way to do this?
Me: *Rolling eyes internally* No sir, there's no other way unless you use another form of payment
Guest: *sighs again* Well, I'll do this but I don't like doing it. You tell your manager somebody doesn't like doing this OK?
Me: OK, have a nice day

Sure,I'll tell my boss that you "Don't like it" but they're just going to laugh.

A couple suggestions: 1. If you hate using the card that much, why use it or even have a Red in the first place? 2. Switch banks.

Guest: *sighs And waves RedCard at me* Is there a simpler way to do this? Like without a pin?
Guest: Well, can you do something about that? Because I hate---see, my bank charges me every time I use it. So is there a simpler way to do this?
Me: *Rolling eyes internally* No sir, there's no other way unless you use another form of payment
Guest: *sighs again* Well, I'll do this but I don't like doing it. You tell your manager somebody doesn't like doing this OK?

Sure,I'll tell my boss that you "Don't like it" but they're just going to laugh.

A couple suggestions: 1. If you hate using the card that much, why use it or even have a Red in the first place? 2. Switch banks.

Man I'd love to see him try to use an actual bank card.

I want to take all the guests I hate, lock them up together in a room, and give them one simple task to complete together as a group. Like, I dunno, building a tent or something like that. Then I'll watch them destroy themselves trying to complete that one simple task because all the guests I hate are either complete idiots or total scum.

Wait... are they complaining that they are spending money and then their bank takes it out of their account? Or does their bank charge them a fee for essentially writing a check (which also doesn't make sense)?

I want to take all the guests I hate, lock them up together in a room, and give them one simple task to complete together as a group. Like, I dunno, building a tent or something like that. Then I'll watch them destroy themselves trying to complete that one simple task because all the guests I hate are either complete idiots or total scum.
"Here mice, find the cheese!" At which point I lose all faith in science (aka humanity in this case) as I watch them blindly run into walls.
Wait... are they complaining that they are spending money and then their bank takes it out of their account? Or does their bank charge them a fee for essentially writing a check (which also doesn't make sense)?
I have no idea Leo, that didn't make sense to me either. I've heard of fees for not keeping a minimum balance and of course overdraft fees, but never for spending money every time a card is used, but that's what they made it sound like. I mean unless their account isn't n great shape, in which case why are you shopping. Odd.

"Here mice, find the cheese!" At which point I lose all faith in science (aka humanity in this case) as I watch them blindly run into walls.

I have no idea Leo, that didn't make sense to me either. I've heard of fees for not keeping a minimum balance and of course overdraft fees, but never for spending money every time a card is used, but that's what they made it sound like. I mean unless their account isn't n great shape, in which case why are you shopping. Odd.
Some "free" checking accounts only allow a certain number of transactions per month. If you go over, you get charged a service fee. I've also seen them charge a "transaction fee" for an "out-of-network" transaction because it's not a visa. Didn't believe it until a guest brought in her statement to show us!

I know some banks do charge a fee. They consider it to be out of network . My credit union never does.

To All Guests: Whatever price that came up when an item was scanned is the price that it is. I could not care less that the sign said differently or that it was on sale or something. OBVIOUSLY the item was either in the wrong place or you read the sign wrong (the most likely culprit). And both of those are not my problem. I can't even fathom being so entitled that I would DEMAND a price change on something purely because I just thought it would be something else. Every time something is more expensive than I thought I go "oh. That sucks. Whatever" or if I can't afford it "is it okay if i actually don't get that one instead?" This drives me NUTS that people have the AUDACITY to ask me to change a price. Who do you even think you are?

Disclaimer: if it's less than $10 I always change it without argument and do so with a smile on my face but it still makes me so angry on the inside to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back