To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was backing up today, around my 4th or 5th time backing up for the front end, I got the pleasure to deal with a man-baby and his son. I was ringing him up and he saw the charcoal/lighter fluid rack and on it had two clearance labels. He asks me "Hey, are those on clearance?" and I tell him "I'm not sure, if it is it would have a clearance sticker on the label." and he goes over to check it out. While he's gone, his kid is talking to me and he said he likes my beard and mustache. The dad comes back while we're talking and he's all "Huh?" and I explain me and his kid were talking about my facial hair because he liked it.

He brought back a bag of charcoal and lighter fluid and I rang his charcoal up and it rang up at full price. He asks me "Hey what's the shelf price for that?" and I look at the POS and it says $8.19, and it wasn't marked down or anything so I said "Oh, it's $8.19, doesn't look like it's on clearance, sorry."

I'm gonna pause the story for a second before I go in deeper, but keep in mind that these clearance labels? Aren't even under the charcoal or lighter fluid, anyways.

"Oh, it's $8.19, doesn't look like it's on clearance, sorry." and he just "It's not? Well, it should be.." and I offer to go and take a look at it for him. I walk over, take a look, clearance tags aren't even where the charcoal was at, I take a bag down and examine it and a few more, no clearance. An ETL walks by and my GSTL wasn't in sight so I ask him if he knows if Charcoal is on clearance, and he already knows it's not. I go back to the customer and I start the whole "Sir, I'm sorry, but it's not on clearance." and he throws probably the biggest man baby fit ever.

He wants me to give it the clearance price, but there IS no deducted price stated. There is no fucking deductions noted or anything, no percents off, it's literally just an old, random clearance sticker that admittedly, isn't suppose to be there. But it's not in a location where anyone can guess the charcoal or lighter fluid is on clearance. He's still doing the whole "Man it SHOULD be on clearance, can't you do ANYTHING for me!?" and at this point I'm lowkey just kind of annoyed, I keep saying "I'm sorry it's not on clearance, if it was there would be a tag on it, every clearance item is like that." and he's making it sound like I know jack shit.

So we argued for a few minutes(literally argued, exchanging words) and finally he says "whatever." and I ask if he still wants the charcoal and he says "Well, yeah, but it SHOULD be clearance" and I don't reply, I've had enough of this shit lol. I ring up his lighter fluid that I never rung up because we are arguing and he asks me again "Is THAT on clearance at least?" I look at the screen, no noted deductions or anything, and no clearance tags on the lighter fluid, and I tell him "I'm sorry, this isn't either." and he starts again. I look over at the rack and I noticed this time a clearance label is under the ligher fluid, but on the shelf above it, there is no clearance sticker and there's the full price label. At this point, I'm done talking to this guy, all he's doing is muttering and complaining to himself now that it should be on clearance and telling me it SHOULD be. So again, I ask him one final time "Well, what would you LIKE me to change it to?" and of course there's nothing there to tell him and he just says "TO THE CLEARANCE PRICE!!" and I don't even respond to him, I just look at him. He stares right back at me.

In the end, I didn't give him a single cent back in savings. I'm actually kind of proud of myself, if someone were to do this to me 6 months ago I would of caved hard and put up with his shit. I held my ground, and didn't let him sway me. I knew it wasn't clearance, and he was only bullshitting me and himself. His kid was super nice though, quality human being. His dad? Well, I'm not gonna start shit but he's got to be desperate and strapped on money to act like this, I noticed he used an EBT card, so I don't blame him. But, I have to keep it a level playing field, no one else would have gotten that clearance from me. If he had gone through to a new cashier(which we have billions of right now) he most likely would of gotten some kind of discount that I'm scared to even think about.

TTOG: It is not my fault that one of the items you were trying to return was not coming up with card look up. No, I cannot look up your receipt with your card. If you had kept the receipt we could have seen if you were charged for the item. All the under your breath muttering for a $2 item.

I was backing up today, around my 4th or 5th time backing up for the front end, I got the pleasure to deal with a man-baby and his son. I was ringing him up and he saw the charcoal/lighter fluid rack and on it had two clearance labels. He asks me "Hey, are those on clearance?" and I tell him "I'm not sure, if it is it would have a clearance sticker on the label." and he goes over to check it out. While he's gone, his kid is talking to me and he said he likes my beard and mustache. The dad comes back while we're talking and he's all "Huh?" and I explain me and his kid were talking about my facial hair because he liked it.

He brought back a bag of charcoal and lighter fluid and I rang his charcoal up and it rang up at full price. He asks me "Hey what's the shelf price for that?" and I look at the POS and it says $8.19, and it wasn't marked down or anything so I said "Oh, it's $8.19, doesn't look like it's on clearance, sorry."

I'm gonna pause the story for a second before I go in deeper, but keep in mind that these clearance labels? Aren't even under the charcoal or lighter fluid, anyways.

"Oh, it's $8.19, doesn't look like it's on clearance, sorry." and he just "It's not? Well, it should be.." and I offer to go and take a look at it for him. I walk over, take a look, clearance tags aren't even where the charcoal was at, I take a bag down and examine it and a few more, no clearance. An ETL walks by and my GSTL wasn't in sight so I ask him if he knows if Charcoal is on clearance, and he already knows it's not. I go back to the customer and I start the whole "Sir, I'm sorry, but it's not on clearance." and he throws probably the biggest man baby fit ever.

He wants me to give it the clearance price, but there IS no deducted price stated. There is no fucking deductions noted or anything, no percents off, it's literally just an old, random clearance sticker that admittedly, isn't suppose to be there. But it's not in a location where anyone can guess the charcoal or lighter fluid is on clearance. He's still doing the whole "Man it SHOULD be on clearance, can't you do ANYTHING for me!?" and at this point I'm lowkey just kind of annoyed, I keep saying "I'm sorry it's not on clearance, if it was there would be a tag on it, every clearance item is like that." and he's making it sound like I know jack shit.

So we argued for a few minutes(literally argued, exchanging words) and finally he says "whatever." and I ask if he still wants the charcoal and he says "Well, yeah, but it SHOULD be clearance" and I don't reply, I've had enough of this shit lol. I ring up his lighter fluid that I never rung up because we are arguing and he asks me again "Is THAT on clearance at least?" I look at the screen, no noted deductions or anything, and no clearance tags on the lighter fluid, and I tell him "I'm sorry, this isn't either." and he starts again. I look over at the rack and I noticed this time a clearance label is under the ligher fluid, but on the shelf above it, there is no clearance sticker and there's the full price label. At this point, I'm done talking to this guy, all he's doing is muttering and complaining to himself now that it should be on clearance and telling me it SHOULD be. So again, I ask him one final time "Well, what would you LIKE me to change it to?" and of course there's nothing there to tell him and he just says "TO THE CLEARANCE PRICE!!" and I don't even respond to him, I just look at him. He stares right back at me.

In the end, I didn't give him a single cent back in savings. I'm actually kind of proud of myself, if someone were to do this to me 6 months ago I would of caved hard and put up with his shit. I held my ground, and didn't let him sway me. I knew it wasn't clearance, and he was only bullshitting me and himself. His kid was super nice though, quality human being. His dad? Well, I'm not gonna start shit but he's got to be desperate and strapped on money to act like this, I noticed he used an EBT card, so I don't blame him. But, I have to keep it a level playing field, no one else would have gotten that clearance from me. If he had gone through to a new cashier(which we have billions of right now) he most likely would of gotten some kind of discount that I'm scared to even think about.

A little update, the rack was cleared of all of it's old clearance labels literally 20 minutes after I saw it yesterday. Today they've decided to reset it to be hold 24-packs of water along with the charcoal and lighter fluid.

To every guest that uses the SCO: If you ask for cash back - wait for it to be dispensed before you walk away, Seriously - it seems like I have at least one instance each shift of someone leaving $20-$40 hanging out of the front of the register and I have no clue who it was. So it gets taken to guest service to be logged.

To every guest that uses the SCO: If you ask for cash back - wait for it to be dispensed before you walk away, Seriously - it seems like I have at least one instance each shift of someone leaving $20-$40 hanging out of the front of the register and I have no clue who it was. So it gets taken to guest service to be logged.
This happens soooo often that now whenever I hear the cash dispensing noise I look like a hawk to see which machine is dispensing it and 70% of the time I’ll have to remind the person to grab their change. I really don’t get it, if I’m pulling out cash I need it, so once I pull my card out I immediately put my hand where the money comes out so I can catch it. Crazy how people just wander through life barely aware of their surroundings

I’ve had people at a register (this happened two weeks ago) ask for cash back and then walk away and I have to go after them. Or they ask for cash back and then ask ‘why is my total so high?’ How can you forget in the span of two seconds that you wanted money back?
It's probably the people that get pissed off at the card readers and start hitting random buttons, because you know that fixes everything.

At my store, the next guest will often take it. In that case, too bad so sad. No help for them. Happens daily.

I just pulled that shit today, but in my defence I never get cash back. I was so pissed at myself an hour later when I noticed.

TTOG: No we don't have anymore fucking Nintendo classic's left at 2 in the afternoon! We sold out just from the line out the door at opening...

We got an SCO software update about 2 months ago, and the blasted things were suddenly blessedly silent. Except it seems that guests are too stupid to remember that they asked for cash back without an audible prompt to take their change. I had one 4-hour shift where - no joke - 10 different people left cash in the machine. Now at least SCO reminds guests to take their receipt, that seems to be enough to tickle the grey matter enough to remember the green stuff.

TTOG: It was bad enough that you walked up talking loudly on your cell but then you were SO CLOSE to the lady in front of you that I couldn't hear her order until she turned around & said "Do you MIND? PERSONAL SPACE!"
You backed up & gave her a 'WTF?' look before looking at me to see the dirty look I shot your way.
Mercifully you'd finished your oh-so-not-important call by the time you came up to my counter.
We don't GAF about your business; just keep it in ya own lane.

TTOG: It was bad enough that you walked up talking loudly on your cell but then you were SO CLOSE to the lady in front of you that I couldn't hear her order until she turned around & said "Do you MIND? PERSONAL SPACE!"
You backed up & gave her a 'WTF?' look before looking at me to see the dirty look I shot your way.
Mercifully you'd finished your oh-so-not-important call by the time you came up to my counter.

the customer in front of the lady on the phone is probably the hero in her circle.

Ttog-

Was convincing your kid to get a free $5 coupon worth it by forcing them to get a flu shot. Had to hear your kid scream for 15 minutes even afterwards. This is why I take my son to the drs for his flu shot. At least we are in a private room where only a few people can hear his crying.

Ttog-

Was convincing your kid to get a free $5 coupon worth it by forcing them to get a flu shot. Had to hear your kid scream for 15 minutes even afterwards. This is why I take my son to the drs for his flu shot. At least we are in a private room where only a few people can hear his crying.
I used to hate getting shots, but after years of being hospitialized for asthma I got over it. I can help the doctor find my vein when they draw my blood. I have never had a shot out in public, but signed up to get one at the school I work at next month. I hope she at least bought something for the kid with that coupon.

I like the ones who walk while looking down. I had to alert one guy that he was about to walk into a shopping cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back