To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOG: You guys are the reason why I wished we had item limits at SCO

OMG! Seriously! Why do people want to clog up the SCO with a huge cart of groceries? I want to smile and say “15 items or less please” but we aren’t allowed. They would probably just divide their stuff into 10 transactions. And i would be standing there gritting my teeth behind my fake smile.

I think SCO should require a test and if you can't get x number of things (including produce) checked out & bagged within a certain amount of time, you fail. If you pass you get a barcode that allows you go through SCO, otherwise you're stuck with regular registers. I don't usually do large carts in SCO, but when I do, I get out faster than the idiot with two things who can't read a screen or realize they have to actually pay for things and need the SCO TM for every damn thing, only to void what they did so TM has to start over, etc. Jaysus.

I think SCO should require a test and if you can't get x number of things (including produce) checked out & bagged within a certain amount of time, you fail. If you pass you get a barcode that allows you go through SCO, otherwise you're stuck with regular registers. I don't usually do large carts in SCO, but when I do, I get out faster than the idiot with two things who can't read a screen or realize they have to actually pay for things and need the SCO TM for every damn thing, only to void what they did so TM has to start over, etc. Jaysus.
*Scans some random fruit or vegetable and SCO locks up* or how they look like a deer in headlights when it prompts for the access code for their giftcards.

Reactions: Dog
TTOG: You guys are the reason why I wished we had item limits at SCO
My store has a 15 item limit sign (per my request after I saw one at another store).

... and if I politely ask you to move to a regular lane and you tell me to go to hell, don't look for me to unlock the SCO. I won't do it.

My store has a 15 item limit sign (per my request after I saw one at another store).

... and if I politely ask you to move to a regular lane and you tell me to go to hell, don't look for me to unlock the SCO. I won't do it.
Your SCOs are locked? How so?

I think she means that if the guest has to do something other than scan barcodes and doesn't understand the prompt to get the machine to continue, she's not in a rush to fix it. If someone said those words to me I'd sure as heck wouldn't be falling all over myself to help them.

What is mean is remember when they had a scale? "Please wait for assistance." Rarely could anyone get an order that large through without needing me for something. I don't have time to babysit one person who should be at a regular lane. So, the sneer you see is real. :)

Yes, Jenna120 - exactly!

TTOG- You’re a regular. You always come in, complain and harass our team. I’ve declined your returns so many times. When you came up to GS today it took everything out of me to not roll my eyes. Trying to return a dirty Jean jacket from last year? Nope. Not happening. And telling me my manager gave you all these DPCIs for it really makes no sense. No receipt and trying to return a clearances out item? Nope. Also the fact that you ripped every single tag off of it amuses me. Bye. Have a nice day. I had to call AP and notify him that you might go to the floor and switch tags like you always do.
Also, fuck you for following me to my zone and proceeding to tear everything apart and then have your kids dump pringles all over the ground. Took me forever to clean up.

Dude. You have had an entire MONTH to use those WIC certificates. You waited until the very last day - nay, the very last HOUR - to come into the store, and you have the balls to bitch at me that we didn't have the TEN cans of baby formula on your certs? This is entirely your fault, buddy. Oh, and no you may not buy organic produce or juice cocktails using the certificates. And I am not calling a supervisor to make it good for you, I've been on WIC myself and I do know those rules. Use your own bloody money or your SNAP card if you really want organic.

Nope, not fraud. Just stupid shopper.

The obnoxious thing is that he won't learn. He hasn't yet, and he even commented to me that "we always wait until the end". Four gallons of milk in one trip.... how long is that gonna last before it goes bad in your fridge? The whole purpose of WIC breaking up the certificates the way that they do is so you CAN buy approved items throughout the month under your program benefit. Not to stockpile it all up in one trip.

At least I only work Thursdays and Saturdays. I won't be at risk of dealing with him again until summer. Unless his certificate dates change.

Four gallons of milk in one trip.... how long is that gonna last before it goes bad in your fridge?

To my shame, most of the time in my house 4 gallons of milk will last about 10 days before we are out and need to buy more. I can understand 4 gallons in one trip because I buy three a week and a fourth if I'm planning a milk heavy menu for the week.

Dude. You have had an entire MONTH to use those WIC certificates. You waited until the very last day - nay, the very last HOUR - to come into the store, and you have the balls to bitch at me that we didn't have the TEN cans of baby formula on your certs? This is entirely your fault, buddy. Oh, and no you may not buy organic produce or juice cocktails using the certificates. And I am not calling a supervisor to make it good for you, I've been on WIC myself and I do know those rules. Use your own bloody money or your SNAP card if you really want organic.

So what exactly has the DumbAss's kid been eating all month...not like WIC gives you too much food/formula.

So what exactly has the DumbAss's kid been eating all month...not like WIC gives you too much food/formula.

This was what triggered my thinking for fraud. Unless they're way better about planning their rationing than they are about planning shopping trips (possible, I suppose, but seems unlikely).

There are people whose paycheck forces once a month shopping for all but perishables. A lot of WIC stuff is either shelf stable or can be frozen, including any fresh vegetables/fruits and cheese. The last day of the month is a common payday.

TTOG: No our Zebra’s don’t honk when ‘we get too close together’... god would that be annoying. I was literally two aisles over from the other TM when it happened. I can’t imagine, they’d be honking all day.. (like they don’t already honk enough..)

Last edited:
LOL. I have found that most guests make some version of honking back at them if they're in a nearby aisle. And yet nobody has ever asked what they honking means.

Drive-up pilot store. They honk when guests are on the way. Very, very loudly. It's not long, or anything, but a "HONK HONK" that's audible from the next area code.

TTOG: You made my day by asking for a manager to leave such lovely compliments about me. I’m just doing my job, and I’m flattered by your nice words.

To that other guest: If you receive a text at 7am that you have one day left to pick up an item, you have to pick it up by the end of that day or extend it online. I know you were annoyed that you had to pay for it again and wait for a refund on the cancelled order, but that’s your fault.

TTOG: You made my day by asking for a manager to leave such lovely compliments about me. I’m just doing my job, and I’m flattered by your nice words.

To that other guest: If you receive a text at 7am that you have one day left to pick up an item, you have to pick it up by the end of that day or extend it online. I know you were annoyed that you had to pay for it again and wait for a refund on the cancelled order, but that’s your fault.

I had a guest call because she wanted to extend her pickup date because she was out of town but couldn't get it to cover the date she would be back. Turns out she was calling on the last day to pick up and she wanted to extend it nearly a week. Since online wouldn't do that, she was calling the store for us to hold it anyway. Get this though, she complained that it was unreasonable for the order to have been ready for pickup so quickly and that it should have taken longer, and she counted on it to take longer since she was out of town. When I told her nope, sorry, order it again when she was back, she said it was very poor customer service to not hold a guest's order for as long as they want it held.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back