To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
had a tm from another store today ask me to punch in her TM discount number (our store won't allow us; they actually have to bring in their discount card) she was pissed saying "MY store lets me whenever I want!" i felt like saying well go back to YOUR store if they will let you because we're not about to bend the rules for you. her friend was all butthurt rolling her eyes and saying "oh really since when????" trying to challenge me lolol. luckily the gsa was checking out behind her and explained to her that she had to have her card. she left, pissed off and was talking bad about us to her friend as they left.

in my head i was all like....

9iwq4p.jpg

I went to another Target today and warned my mom we wouldn't be able to use my discount because I washed my card and hadn't gotten a new one yet. No way, no how would I ever go into another Target and ask to use my discount without my card.

To the one guest who had the nerve to accuse me of stealing her wallet when she left it on the counter of my lane. Go f**k yourself! I turned in to GS with everything in it and still you had the nerve to accuse me. Glad she left embarrassed and red in the face!

Totally OT, but I have a question about "punching in the numbers".....at one of our local stores (which is actually closer to my house than my store), my card JUST.WILL.NOT.SCAN. I've never had an issue at ANY other store (not even in another state) so I tell them (after letting them try, I always "hope" it will work) "it won't scan, you have to punch it in manually" and they always give me a hard time. About half the time, they tell me they have to just ring it up without the discount and I have to go to GS to get the discount. You can read the numbers CLEARLY on the card and I've had 3 different cards sent to me and nobody can seem to figure out what the issue is. I keep it in a case so it's not that it's wrinkled or anything, I even laminated one of them and it STILL wouldn't work. Is THAT even "against the rules"? If the numbers are clear on the card and they "ring up" as a valid TM number, am I being unreasonable asking them to punch it in or should I just go to GS to "check out"? I feel guilty going to GS if I have a lot of stuff, which isn't often, but sometimes I go there for just a few things and....

Back OT:

To the guests who told me "I made their day" because A)we had what they were looking for (that another Target was out of) B) with a lower regular price, AND C) I mentioned that I saw some on the "clearance end cap" for even LESS....you made MY day because most of the guests that day were total JERKS (to put it nicely) :)

Totally OT, but I have a question about "punching in the numbers".....at one of our local stores (which is actually closer to my house than my store), my card JUST.WILL.NOT.SCAN. I've never had an issue at ANY other store (not even in another state) so I tell them (after letting them try, I always "hope" it will work) "it won't scan, you have to punch it in manually" and they always give me a hard time. About half the time, they tell me they have to just ring it up without the discount and I have to go to GS to get the discount. You can read the numbers CLEARLY on the card and I've had 3 different cards sent to me and nobody can seem to figure out what the issue is. I keep it in a case so it's not that it's wrinkled or anything, I even laminated one of them and it STILL wouldn't work. Is THAT even "against the rules"? If the numbers are clear on the card and they "ring up" as a valid TM number, am I being unreasonable asking them to punch it in or should I just go to GS to "check out"? I feel guilty going to GS if I have a lot of stuff, which isn't often, but sometimes I go there for just a few things and....

If you have the card, and allow me to punch the numbers in off of it, then we're in like Flynn. If I ever catch a cashier refusing to punch them in from the card, then well, I'd be doing my darnedest to make sure you didn't have a problem with that cashier again. (In other words, I'd talk to them about it).

to the myriad of guests I had today....glad I could help you but man I could have gotten more of my work done if you hadn't taken so much of my time (one guest took over a half hour of my time). You all were very nice and sweet. I appreciate that.

If you have the card, and allow me to punch the numbers in off of it, then we're in like Flynn. If I ever catch a cashier refusing to punch them in from the card, then well, I'd be doing my darnedest to make sure you didn't have a problem with that cashier again. (In other words, I'd talk to them about it).

We had to punch them in for a while for a few team members because the bar codes were fuzzy..if you have the card I don't see the problem.

As long as the numbers on the card are legible, I don't see what the problem is ;)

At my store, we punch in the numbers for probably 75% of the TMs that check out. I have no idea where all their cards are but no one at my store cares. I am starting to remember some of their numbers, lol. I remember maybe a year or two ago, they made a big fuss that we couldn't punch in numbers anymore, and that's the last time anyone has said anything about it.

FWIW, I keep my discount card in the ID slot of my wallet. You can scan through it just fine, and it keeps it nice and new-looking.

We had to punch them in for a while for a few team members because the bar codes were fuzzy..if you have the card I don't see the problem.

As long as the numbers on the card are legible, I don't see what the problem is ;)

THANK YOU!!!! That's what I thought!!! I admit, I kinda' got a little snippy with a TM there tonight because she wouldn't punch in the numbers (fortunately, the TM at the register next to her told her to "just do it because the employee cards don't scan half the time for some reason"-she seemed annoyed with her too~LOL!). In my defense, she gave me attitude first and I just wasn't in the mood for any more today. She was also rude to the people before me and has checked me out before and wasn't pleasant then either! I made sure to take note of her name (Marina) so I can let "the powers that be" know about my experiences with her.....

Anyway, back OT.....to that one (high maintenance) guest: you didn't like the answer you got on the phone so you got in the car and drove to the store? REALLY?!?!?!?!?! Did you think it was going to change???

today i had a VIBE moment with 2 guests.

i was walking through the salesfloor and they stopped me and asked if we have anymore of these toy baskets/handbags that are shaped out of cartoon characters ( IDK exactly what its called) but they handed me one in the shape of a "cars" character, it was for their son...so i scanned it but we didnt have any left.

so i told them no sorry but this is the last one. then the dad asked if they could get a discount on it, so of course i asked why? it looks fine to me. he then says that the face is upside down, so i looked at the face, and its faces is literally upside down, like it was sewed on like that...

the way it looked i just started busting up laughing and so were they, i called the LOD over and even he was laughing at it, so of course they got the discount on it, and their son couldn't tell the difference.

the whole thing was hilarious because ive never seen that before.

To the guest who treated me like a peon because he's some big important guy with an AmEx card: you don't actually know how to use that iPad you bought - it's not called Facebook, it's called FaceTime. But please, have fun broadcasting your personal information all over the Internet. And when something breaks down? Have fun talking to the equally-well-paid folks at the "Genius" Bar.

When I said can I help you find something
and the guest asks me where the item is & I tell her I don't think we have it, if we do it should be right in this isle
next moment she tells the manager I IGNORED her

No, I don't work in Electronics but you flagged me down and I'm happy to help you.
No, I don't have a key to open the games but that doesn't mean you have to stare at me like I somehow tricked you.

No, I don't work in Electronics but you flagged me down and I'm happy to help you.
No, I don't have a key to open the games but that doesn't mean you have to stare at me like I somehow tricked you.

I work freight in electronics, people always think I work over there, which is understandable. I don't get why someone would get rude off the bat for asking them to wait a second while I get the actual person working electronics over there.

To the guests who keep taking the vacuum cleaners apart.
STOP IT!
Really very uncool.

I don't generally advocate violence, but at what point does it become socially acceptable (let alone "brand") to beat them over the head with the vacuum fragments?

and in our store there are plenty of them laying around the displays. I'm sure some of them are from 4 resets ago.

You mean you work over there unloading the truck, but don't know anything about it? You should have the keys, you should know where stuff is, and you should be (ideally) trained to ring up. I guess times have changed so much, but when I was working on flow in the electronics dept. I knew how to offer Service Plans, what certain Cameras did, what certain TVs did. It was our Core Roles but those could have changed too.

It seems they try to move someone over there to do freight, then try to push more responsibility onto them. The last two that have been in my area have actually moved into electronics since then. It's definitely not our role to check people out and offer service plans, no. Not to be petulant but I wouldn't allow them to try to bump me into electronics, I don't have the time for that, that's why I work flow in the first place. I unload, push freight, go home.

I'm more than happy to show you were the printer ink is, though, yes.

That the couple that came in today. Thank you!

Sure the conversation we had was at least 10 minutes long and I had other things to do but you were so nice. Thank you for hunting down my STL to tell him about your shopping experience and thank you for buying 5 MP frozen turkeys, a cook in bag turkey and a honey ham.

It seems they try to move someone over there to do freight, then try to push more responsibility onto them. The last two that have been in my area have actually moved into electronics since then. It's definitely not our role to check people out and offer service plans, no. Not to be petulant but I wouldn't allow them to try to bump me into electronics, I don't have the time for that, that's why I work flow in the first place. I unload, push freight, go home.

I'm more than happy to show you were the printer ink is, though, yes.

Like I said, things probably changed since I was on Flow. :)

I am sure someone appreciates the Easter spirit, but please don't take eggs out of the cartons and hide them around the store.

There is probably also a TM message to go along with that. When you're picking them up, make sure the eggs are in a secured location. That soul-crushing and egg-crushing feeling when a stray egg is trapped in the back of the cart when you decided you needed to slam close the cart's seat. Why couldn't it be a plastic egg??

I am sure someone appreciates the Easter spirit, but please don't take eggs out of the cartons and hide them around the store.

There is probably also a TM message to go along with that. When you're picking them up, make sure the eggs are in a secured location. That soul-crushing and egg-crushing feeling when a stray egg is trapped in the back of the cart when you decided you needed to slam close the cart's seat. Why couldn't it be a plastic egg??
I found that we had missing eggs from our dozens the other day. It worries me about where they might be found

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back