To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for bringing in your stupid little fluffy dog thing today.
Thanks for letting it **** on the floor in front of the bike wall.
Thanks for then taking the basket you were going to buy and then price-challenging us about it being a clearance item.

You're just fantastic. Please come again.

To That One Guest:

How can you possibly not feel like a total f***ing asshat by asking for $22 off an item that is $70? It was in the wrong spot. OH WELL. Could have been another guest, could have been a team member, either way, not our problem. Shelf spot one had item A for $70. Shelf spot number two right next to it had item B for $48. Even though shelf spot one was full, shelf spot two had an extra item A on it, but no item B. Even after I explain the situation, how the hell do you STILL feel right in your head by asking for the $48 item B price for item A? You were bummed out when you got to the front and it rang up as the PROPER PRICE of $70? Oh f***ing well! I understand, and it sucks, but oh well! The TL for that area was there that day, so I filled him in. He said to send him up to the front and let them know to go ahead and give him the $48 price.

If I pulled some asinine s*** like that as a guest in some store, I would fully expect to be told to get the f*** out and not come back. And I would be ok with that because that's a completely retarded, unreasonable, and flat out insulting request. The margin is probably less than a ¼ of the difference in price.

This is why I could never be a salesfloor TL. I would have said "Are you serious?.........really? Not gonna happen." After which, I would no doubt be correctived. It's a good thing I work in the back. I have a low tolerance for guests in general, let alone ones that are asshats.

to the guest who was drunk, I could smell the liquor, asking 45 questions about which $5 cd to buy, we do this every month.

the one guest, who despite getting a $250 camera for $62.50 complaining and wanting more off

the guest who threw a fit about a luggage set being placed one spot over and demanded that I give it to her for $39 when it was $59, the ETL said dont give it to her and she marched up to guest services.

to all the guest that call electronics about do we have layaway and do we sell lawnmowers

to the guest who left her wallet at target mobile and no one was there. I picked it up and was calling the GSA when your sister arrived asking about it. I remember your sister because she was chasing your baby around toys and you were too preoccupied about getting a mf phone. The half hearted thank you, your sister was far more appreciative of me picking up the wallet because you had your rent money.

the guest who left her 3 kids, between 3-5 years old in toys while she shopped. They were lost I called the GSa to page you to get them, they were polite and playing. the least you could have did was say thank you.

To that one guest today who told me that she "really really REALLY liked the way that I stocked condiments", uhm... thanks? That's probably the oddest compliment I've gotten. I'll take it though.

She was probably into you, and trying to make small talk. ;)

To that one guest today who told me that she "really really REALLY liked the way that I stocked condiments", uhm... thanks? That's probably the oddest compliment I've gotten. I'll take it though.

There was two of them, about 25 or so, and the other one looked like she was trying to eye bang me, so I don't know, lol. :D

There was two of them, about 25 or so, and the other one looked like she was trying to eye bang me, so I don't know, lol. :D

I'll take your two 25-year olds and trade you the 60-something guy who smelled like he'd sampled every bottle down the liquor store and swore I was the prettiest whore he'd ever seen.

"Hold that thought, sir, and let me check with my pimp."
("Hello? Security? Aisle B20 asap!")

To the one guest who came to the service desk (who had three teeth, literally three) and decided it was our fault he didnt pay his payment on time, started swearing like a sailor, you made my night all the more fun. Thanks. :D

To the too numerous number of guests last night - do I look like an information booth? I must have had at least 50 people ask me about where things were last night, but the one that got me was the one that I kept answering questions for, obviously incorrectly, and yet they kept asking me.....I'm the backroom (and shorthanded last night), isn't there anyone on the floor last night to ask? (Dumb me, probably not.....)

To That One Guest:

How can you possibly not feel like a total f***ing asshat by asking for $22 off an item that is $70? It was in the wrong spot. OH WELL. Could have been another guest, could have been a team member, either way, not our problem. Shelf spot one had item A for $70. Shelf spot number two right next to it had item B for $48. Even though shelf spot one was full, shelf spot two had an extra item A on it, but no item B. Even after I explain the situation, how the hell do you STILL feel right in your head by asking for the $48 item B price for item A? You were bummed out when you got to the front and it rang up as the PROPER PRICE of $70? Oh f***ing well! I understand, and it sucks, but oh well! The TL for that area was there that day, so I filled him in. He said to send him up to the front and let them know to go ahead and give him the $48 price.

If I pulled some asinine s*** like that as a guest in some store, I would fully expect to be told to get the f*** out and not come back. And I would be ok with that because that's a completely retarded, unreasonable, and flat out insulting request. The margin is probably less than a ¼ of the difference in price.

This is why I could never be a salesfloor TL. I would have said "Are you serious?.........really? Not gonna happen." After which, I would no doubt be correctived. It's a good thing I work in the back. I have a low tolerance for guests in general, let alone ones that are asshats.

We get to deal with this crap on an almost daily basis back in pharmacy because the dipsh!t$ who are stocking HBA have apparently decided that the planograms are wrong and just put stuff wherever it will fit so we keep finding items in the wrong spots. For example, we had Allegra 30ct. bottles in 4 different places for 4 different prices, NONE of which were actually where they belong!!! We've notified MULTIPLE people and it just keeps getting worse :(

I would only honor the price if ONLY a sale/TPC sign was still up or wrong label. If a $70 item was placed in a $48, there is no telling who put it in that spot. On top of that, the label gives a product description. If it doesn't match, I wouldn't give the price adjustment.

If I visited that store environment, I would be a modern day Robin Hood. I would move $80 BluRay player to a $20 DVD Player spot. Move the name brand stuff in front of Up and Up labels.

We honor the price if the product is in the wrong spot. But we check the location first, if we see more items that are misplaced we honor it. If everything looks right then we don't.

I had to change the price on a phone by $70, since it had the wrong label and wrong sign.

to the multiple nasty families at the fitting room (had to defect 2 items because of the mother of one)...if I had truly wanted last night to be my last night at Target I would have told you all what I thought of you...as it is I have teeth marks still in my tongue

to the two teenagers who flirted with each other in the fitting room....ewww!! not because you were 2 girls but because one of you was a good bit older and IT'S A FITTING ROOM

To that one guest who came up to an electronics TM and said "wow I finally found someone who works here." "Did all the employees in the store get laid off?'

No sir, here at Target we never have any layoffs because then they would have to pay unemployment. So here they just cut your hours from 30 to around 6-8 per week. Do you have any other questions I can help you with?

To the guest who wanted me to go get my car and give her a jump start because her battery died. Sorry for the confusion, but I am AP not AAA. And when you then get mad and ask me what you're supposed to do then if we will not jump start her car... I reply you could buy a battery jump starter in automotive for $74.99 and do it yourself.

To the guest who wanted me to go get my car and give her a jump start because her battery died. Sorry for the confusion, but I am AP not AAA. And when you then get mad and ask me what you're supposed to do then if we will not jump start her car... I reply you could buy a battery jump starter in automotive for $74.99 and do it yourself.

This is going to be one of those 'when I was kid' posts so most of you folks can just stop reading now but it just seem sad that we got away from helping people for the sake of helping people.
Maybe it's because where I grew up we didn't have AAA, when you had a flat you had to fix it yourself and if you saw someone on the side of the road with a flat you stopped to help.
If someone had a dead battery just about everyone had jumper cables in their car and would give a jump.
You helped out because there was a good chance that the next time you would be the person who needed help.
Now I grant you this was in an area that was much more rural and separate from the rest of the US, but we need that attitude now more than ever.
Things aren't going to get better, we need to help each other.

But CC, there's a big difference between offering assistance or being asked nicely and this scenario. Expecting in-lot service because someone is an employee is asinine. If either person had asked politely, it would be a different situation. It's kind of like how some customers think we are their childrens' cleaning crew, leaving little hidden messes for us to find like work is a scavenger hunt.

But CC, there's a big difference between offering assistance or being asked nicely and this scenario. Expecting in-lot service because someone is an employee is asinine. If either person had asked politely, it would be a different situation. It's kind of like how some customers think we are their childrens' cleaning crew, leaving little hidden messes for us to find like work is a scavenger hunt.

You are right, people who ask nicely and people who just walk in expecting it because you work there, are two different things.
I'm sorry if I sounded like a judgy dick.

To the too numerous number of guests last night - do I look like an information booth? I must have had at least 50 people ask me about where things were last night, but the one that got me was the one that I kept answering questions for, obviously incorrectly, and yet they kept asking me.....I'm the backroom (and shorthanded last night), isn't there anyone on the floor last night to ask? (Dumb me, probably not.....)

Not to sound rude, but yes ... you are an information booth. A guest doesn't know you work exclusively in the backroom. If you're on the floor in a red shirt, you're an employee and can help them.

What did you really expect?

This is going to be one of those 'when I was kid' posts so most of you folks can just stop reading now but it just seem sad that we got away from helping people for the sake of helping people.
Maybe it's because where I grew up we didn't have AAA, when you had a flat you had to fix it yourself and if you saw someone on the side of the road with a flat you stopped to help.
If someone had a dead battery just about everyone had jumper cables in their car and would give a jump.
You helped out because there was a good chance that the next time you would be the person who needed help.
Now I grant you this was in an area that was much more rural and separate from the rest of the US, but we need that attitude now more than ever.

Pepperidge Farm remembers... :D

Seriously though, I might help someone out if I felt I could, but I SURE AS HELL won't go out of my way for some self-entitled a**hole that just flat out demands me to do something for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back