To that one guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to refuse to serve you until you get off the phone/take those out! So rude!
Been there & HAVE refused.

Me too.... Then I got a talking to for a guest starting to order while my back was turned because I went back to scooping popcorn. And she complained to guest service because she had to start ordering while I "wasn't paying attention" and was "too busy doing other things". Grrrr. Just because I was tired of standing there waiting.

Add me to the list....I usually just stand there, stare at them, and make it seem like I'm listening intently to their convo....but I still get those who will walk up, yapping away, tell me their name, and expect me to just ring them out while they're chit-chatting. I'll usually grab their bag and wait or (depending on my mood) just interrupt their conversation and ask the "necessary pharmacy questions".....

To those multiple guests...

Yes, the rubber balls do work. No, you don't have to try them all out.

I have had to call down so many people for this. The other night, some idiot dad is walking around, bouncing the ball to entertain his kid. A couple minutes later, he comes from home furnishings to tell me that a candle in a jar broke. Really, wonder how?

Last night, two kids thought that Toys was a playground and were throwing the Capt America shield and the balls up an aisle. I told them to knock it off and put the stuff back. Really?

When did toy stores/departments become playgrounds?

To those multiple guests...

Yes, the rubber balls do work. No, you don't have to try them all out.

I have had to call down so many people for this. The other night, some idiot dad is walking around, bouncing the ball to entertain his kid. A couple minutes later, he comes from home furnishings to tell me that a candle in a jar broke. Really, wonder how?

Last night, two kids thought that Toys was a playground and were throwing the Capt America shield and the balls up an aisle. I told them to knock it off and put the stuff back. Really?

When did toy stores/departments become playgrounds?

Same thing happened at our Target last Thursday, a Dad and his two kids we're playing baseball in one of the isles while we had guest there shopping. I didn't say anything because I didn't know our stores policies on these situations (a lot of our policies seems to be about making the guest happy even if they're dead wrong) but yesterday AP informed us that if we see a similar situation in the future to just call them up and they'll handle it.

To that one guest yesterday who came through my line while I was helping on guest first:

It was clear you are a new mom out getting baby necessities. The baby carrier you brought up had a clearance sticker for a different item on it and was WAY less than the price of the baby carrier. You said you understood if that sticker shouldn't be there and were willing to pay full price for the item. Thank you for being so nice about that. I was glad when the ETL that the GSTL got said ok to giving you the clearance price, because it was our mistake. It clearly made your day and I was glad to be able to do that. Again, thank you for being so kind about the situation. Many others would have thrown a fit and demanded the clearance price.

To that one guest last night who handed me her coupons when I was finishing up another guest’s transaction, have you heard of this little thing called patience. Just because I am facing your way does not mean you can hand me the coupons, it’s not hard to wait five minutes until i’m done to hand them to me. I know you are alone and have a baby with you while getting this stuff but patience is a virtue.

To that one guest who didn't get approved for the REDcard on the spot, who decided to complain and flash his AMEX card with a "$150,000 credit limit," not sure what you thought that was going to solve.

To the guy who came in looking for a grill... no, the price is correct. no, we don't sell propane tanks. and no, it does not come with an empty tank for a "refill".

f***ing retard

To the guy who came in looking for a grill... no, the price is correct. no, we don't sell propane tanks. and no, it does not come with an empty tank for a "refill".

f***ing retard

We sell propane at our store in the sporting goods department. They are small and non-refillable. BTW - On behalf of all cognitively disabled people everywhere, just say no to the word "retard". No need to comment on it; it's a mission I have undertaken on behalf of my son and his classmates.

We sell propane at our store in the sporting goods department. They are small and non-refillable. BTW - On behalf of all cognitively disabled people everywhere, just say no to the word "retard". No need to comment on it; it's a mission I have undertaken on behalf of my son and his classmates.

This.
There are so many other better, less hurtful, and more descriptive words.
Personally I like smeghead.

This.
There are so many other better, less hurtful, and more descriptive words.
Personally I like smeghead.

booger butt is my favorite or goober

Hey, guys--it's been a while! :)
Annnnnd: To the guest that always tries to come my register with $50 coupons for electric shavers--like, seriously, come on dude, I've long ago caught onto your game! I know those are fake--that's why they never work.

Also: To the guests that come up behind me at the cash register while I'm doing a transaction to ask me something--PLEASE DON'T! Especially when the drawer is open. You don't know how distracting that is--it also makes me a tinsy bit paranoid. Please wait until I'm done with my current guest before asking me your question, or please ask someone who is not busy! Thank you!

Also: To the guests that come up behind me at the cash register while I'm doing a transaction to ask me something--PLEASE DON'T! Especially when the drawer is open. You don't know how distracting that is--it also makes me a tinsy bit paranoid. Please wait until I'm done with my current guest before asking me your question, or please ask someone who is not busy! Thank you!

I used to notice when I was on register all the time that there would be other cashiers just standing there and not busy but for some reason they are drawn to the one that is busy.

I used to notice when I was on register all the time that there would be other cashiers just standing there and not busy but for some reason they are drawn to the one that is busy.

That's when I say (half smart assed) "He/She can help you on (register#)."

Last edited:
To the group of pre-teens from yesterday:

Yes I was keeping my eye on you. From my experience, kids in groups around your age with no parents tend to be destructive. Of course, I was right. But that gave you NO right to destroy the damn bean bag aisle and then send rude remarks my way. Be lucky you ran off cause I would have called AP and had them find your parents.

Seriously. My parents 1) Didn't let me out without them til I was old enough to drive myself there. 2) Raised me well enough that by the time I could go out without them I knew better than to destroy the stores I went in. What the hell is wrong with people these days? Oh wait that's right I work in an area where everyone drives BMWs and Lexus to high school and girls get boob jobs as graduation presents (wish I was kidding on that one)

to that one guest who finally laughed when I said "I am not just eye candy" when you tried to race by me, thanks.
to that one guest who made sure to make note of my name and thanked me profusely for looking for a pair of shoes for you, thanks...makes up for the idiot later...itching about shoes, not believing me that the shoes on drastic clearance weren't in our store, or any other store, in the size you wanted.

To the guest who blatantly lost sight of her gaggle of kids in the Boys' clothing area and ONLY went to tend to them when she heard a loud *THUMP* followed by her male offspring squalling and hollering at at least decibel thirteen, and then passed me by GLARING AT ME as if I were supposed to be minding them the whole time...

Uh...NO.

No, lady. You do this type of thing every time. This is a store, not a McDonald's Play Place or Chuck E. cheese. You, leaving countless items of clothing on the floor every time you browse the clearance racks, aren't much better than your kids, so I see where they might have gotten it from. Cleaning up after you and your tiny Tasmanian devils is one thing, and babysitting is another, and I'll need a whole separate pay from you if that's what's expected...

Btw, lady, i was actually, y'know, not even over there at the time and didn't see any of it, so next time glare at one of the many friends, neighbors, or family members that accompany you on one of your shopping fiascos...

( Although I will admit I found it kind of twistedly funny. Yeah, I know, I'm going straight to the opposite of heaven...oh, wait, I was just there this afternoon picking clothes up off the floor for obnoxious ingrates... )

when name tags said trainner on them. me can i help you find something.. yes but oh your name badge says trainner you must be new is there someone else who can help me.. my response i am a team trainer i train all the new hires in my work center.. ohh..

guest do you have this dvd. yes i do i only have it in blu ray its 5.00.

well i dont have a blu ray player but if i buy it can i still watch it on my dvd.?

no sir you cannot blu ray is a special format and regular dvd players will not read the format.

oh but can i play my regular dvd on the blu ray.?

yes you can sir..

then why cant my blu ray work on the one i have at home its just a regular dvd player

its the format that wont work..

ok i think ill buy it anyways i can always program my dvd player in the settings so it will read this format
i just walked away at that point

To that one guest, thanks for taking the cart I was clearly using for my zone (almost full with abandons, with about 10+ hangers hanging on the handle, with my pda on it) while I was helping another guest. Thankfully my TL saw you take it and ask if all that stuff was yours. If you needed a cart, next time either take one from the front or ask if there is an empty cart around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back