To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one TM that's been training me, I owe you sooooooooo much. You are a freaking saint and I mean it. I wish there was something I could do for you. Just know that you've made me feel very welcome here. :)
Best way to show your appreciation is to do a great job & give credit to them that trained you.
Worth far more than a vibe card.

What? No, I'm not going to come in 5 hours early and work a 12 hour day. And you have the nerve to call and ask me to do this after I busted my butt for you the other day and all I got was, "you should have super zoned dollar spot as well"? I usually always say yes, but this time you were over the line.

To that one TM that's been training me, I owe you sooooooooo much. You are a freaking saint and I mean it. I wish there was something I could do for you. Just know that you've made me feel very welcome here. :)
Best way to show your appreciation is to do a great job & give credit to them that trained you.

My ETL mails us thank you cards, usually after big projects or after accomplishing something big. It's worth way more than a vibe card.
Vibe cards are only written down, because at huddle they make it a requirement to write 1-3 vibe cards. Of course TMs just end up writing down some
dumb meaningless thing; thanks for... zoning, cleaning up a spill, walking a guest to item, showing up.

If you want to thank your trainer, just thank him/her in person. Maybe give them recognition/credit during huddle or whenever.

My ETL mails us thank you cards, usually after big projects or after accomplishing something big. It's worth way more than a vibe card.
Vibe cards are only written down, because at huddle they make it a requirement to write 1-3 vibe cards. Of course TMs just end up writing down some
dumb meaningless thing; thanks for... zoning, cleaning up a spill, walking a guest to item, showing up.

If you want to thank your trainer, just thank him/her in person. Maybe give them recognition/credit during huddle or whenever.

I think verbal recognition goes a long way, along with personal one-on-one recognition.
I agree the thank you card is a good idea too. If it's a little more personal it means more.

To the new GSTL who got trained at two other stores and therefore does things very different from how the the other GSTL and the GSTL before you did. You iritate me and i'm sorry if that's not how you do it but I was taught to do things a certain way by my GSTL's. Plus some of the GSAs are better than you they should have promoted one of them

inventory is coming up for us...sooooo....to that barckroom ETL-the backroom is a pigsty and has been for, oh, just about the same time you've been here. You have run off a good amount of great tm's (and quite a few not so good ones). You are a donkey's patoot.

to our STL-this is the biggest circus I have been a part of for inventory. I don't even know who is in charge of this ridiculousness. I wish on a daily basis that our ETL-SL's had been made STL after he was our interim. He was in charge of inventory and we knew for a month in advance what we were doing and we were ready.

to our etl's, my tl and a few others....there really is life outside of Target...if you found some balance it could only help the team. Either that or you need to "get some"

to that new cashier, at least pretend to care and no the team member discount doesn't work with major credit card companies.

sorry but we have no hours for you even though presentation workload is a little heavy this week.

when i used to do shoes and it was the metal shelves we had 31 aisles.- today i want the zone to be perfect in shoes i want all the shoe laces tucked into the boxes i want all the shoes in boxes so i need boxes made all the shoes on the displayers i also need you to fill the aisles you have lots of emptys make some outs batches and if nothing comes out then i want you to shop the backroom and start locuing wacos flex and make lables i want it 100% before you leave..

not to mention 31 aisles 2- 15s 1 -30 minute brake i have to cover fitting rooms breaks answer backup calls. rack alignment in softlines make missing signs for the racks, do some of the reshop and help with some of the adjacency. end of the day i had half of childrens shoes done womens and mens looked like crap forget the flip flop baskets those were not touched i had no time to pull fill and flex.

and i get called to the office shoes is a mess whats going on. my excuse a valid one is you i need a few days of zone and a few days of flex and fill i cannot make boxes zone flex and fill 31 aisles every day when shoes looks like a huge mess. and help out with softlines ( i came into the shoe department that was consitantly red) etls response its possible to get it done in one day i am not seeing it i need it done we will work on a schedule. i make one up myself give him a copy and all of the softlines tls a copy as well as stl, next day same thing i said today my goal is to get kids and mens done is that ok. ok 4 minutes later i would have a huge list of things to do..

then target got smart and downsized shoes we were an older store so we finaly got a p fresh remodel we were the 2nd store in our state to get one and shoes went stacked

oh and i constistanly asked to go overnight in shoes so i could have zero interuptions and just zone i wanted at least 2-3 days of an overnight shift to get it done and time after time i was deined

To my new temp ETL HR: Please don’t give me an attitude when you made a mistake on the schedule. It is not my fault you decided to schedule me to open p fresh on a Sunday at 630am when I am closing the previous day. Your excuse is "When I do the schedule, I don’t look at the previous week’s schedule". So what you are telling me is even though you do the schedule, it is not your fault at all that you screwed up my schedule (or anyone else’s schedule for that matter) when you don’t look at their previous week’s schedule.

Let me repeat, my ETL HR screws up my schedule and does not take responsibility for it and her excuse is she doesn’t look at the previous week’s schedule.

Also, don’t get snappy at me because I am tapping my fingers on the desk in front of me.

Thirdly, when I tell you there is an issue with my schedule, don’t say “well there is always an issue with your schedule”

--------------------

Update:

Thanks to those who thanked me. What is funny, I have no clue what I did to make her so irritated with me. I didnt screw up the schedule.

Should I tell my STL what happened or should I wait until she acts up before going to him?

So your store never schedules clopens? I clopen every week. Store closes at 11; I leave at 12. I come to work the next day at 6:30 am. It's my set schedule. Clopens are not rare at my store. Allow me to add that *I* write the schedule for my workcenter and I never look at the previous week's schedule.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah clopens are common at my store. They don't happen all the time but still happen to random team members. I would just mention it to
the TL or person that writes the schedule ASAP, not the day before like most team members do. I don't mind clopens, I've had a few times where
I leave the store at 11pm and come back at 4am the next day.

To the ETLs who stopped to ask how the funeral for my step-half-brother went this weekend, thanks. While we were not close and he really was not any relation to me (my step-dad's step-son from this first marriage) it is nice to know that you have a heart and that you value family over work.

To the one younger fitting room team member that NEVER remotely gets close to cleaning and putting away the abandons, it is not just one team member that is frustrated with you, but rather it is the entire team. Many feel that your are capable of doing more, but just don't work with a sense of urgency.

Yeah clopens are common at my store. They don't happen all the time but still happen to random team members. I would just mention it to
the TL or person that writes the schedule ASAP, not the day before like most team members do. I don't mind clopens, I've had a few times where
I thought you were supposed to have 8hrs between shifts?

I thought you were supposed to have 8hrs between shifts?

Indeed, if I am not mistaken ( that might be a big "if" ), it is a law in many states, if not a federal law, much like the law stating that you cannot be scheduled to work less than a four hour shift....

That said, "clopens" are very frequent at my store, if not virtually the norm, especially on certain weekends. Not sure if this is just a symptom of scheduling on autopilpot, or zeroing in on the team members who are the most likely to actually show up and do some work or what..

As a side note, Target, for those who don't know, is hardly alone in the retail world as far as this type of scheduling is concerned; at a grocery chain I worked at it was not uncommon for some employees to get out at 11 or 11:30 only to have to get back at 4 or 5 am, and while I worked at a video chain eons ago, it was not unusual for me to have to ( "have to" meaning do it or face write ups or job loss at a job i was at the time desperate to keep ) clean and finish up till 1, 2, even 3 am, then turn around and be back by 8am to start opening duties...

To that one TM:

I enjoyed you and your work ethic when you first started. I helped train you on your first few nights. You were doing so well. Then you fell in with the lazy crowd. And now I cringe when I see your name on the schedule. Please try to get back on the wagon. We have enough slackers.

To that one TM:

I enjoyed you and your work ethic when you first started. I helped train you on your first few nights. You were doing so well. Then you fell in with the lazy crowd. And now I cringe when I see your name on the schedule. Please try to get back on the wagon. We have enough slackers.

oh this times infinity for most of our hires (some are lazy from the get go)

Thanks for not including me in the schedule of invited team members to the bts feedback sessions. Seriously? Way to show that open door policy!

You should take it as a compliment.
It means they are afraid of you.

So I invited myself, was polite but honest. Said I felt like I was no longer valued by company since my hours keep getting cut. On the next schedule I get 5 less hours. Down to 20.

So I invited myself, was polite but honest. Said I felt like I was no longer valued by company since my hours keep getting cut. On the next schedule I get 5 less hours. Down to 20.

Wish I had a sharp quip to buoy your spirits but I suspect there aint much I can say that's going to help.
Spot seems to alternate between doing things that make me want to rage, scream and bite things or just shake my head in disgust and disbelief.
I'm sorry they're doing this to you.
It's wrong.

Thanks for not including me in the schedule of invited team members to the bts feedback sessions. Seriously? Way to show that open door policy!

You should take it as a compliment.
It means they are afraid of you.

Aaaaaand once again, we are windswept by spot's race to the bottom.
They seem to do everything they can to cut the hard workers then act surprised when nothing gets done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back