To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To that one team member who decided to cross my name out on the swap board because you assumed that I was already working that day and apparently you know my schedule better than I do. Thank you for making me waste my gas and catching up on anything else I could be doing on my Saturday, you're a gem.

I don't know who did it. By my crossed out name they wrote that I was already working which clearly I was not. The team member who wanted the shift taken put the shift up again on another swap page because I guess she assumed that I couldn't do it. I will just have to make sure it's signed off after I put it on the swap. I usually leave that to the team member who wants the shift taken but lesson learned.

Happy bday, mr know!:drinks:

Happy 21st birthday to you!

"Happy birthday!"

/me pours a virtual Guinness for Mr. Knownothing

Happy B-day! *throws confetti* ~*~*~

Happy birthday! -cracks open a beer-

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Anyways........to my GSTL: thank you for not making me cash the whole time yesterday. I heard plenty of stories about nasty guests, so I'm glad you let me do re-shop for almost my whole shift since we had more cashiers working than registers.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! Anyways........to my GSTL: thank you for not making me cash the whole time yesterday. I heard plenty of stories about nasty guests, so I'm glad you let me do re-shop for almost my whole shift since we had more cashiers working than registers.

You are very welcome!

I apologize, I fear this may only be understood by fellow Baristas.

To that one team member...
You've been here several months. You need to stop making excuses or saying nobody told you when we just try to gently remind you of how things are done or what you need to change. Nobody else finds the need to be snippy about it or complain in front of guests about how we're mean to you. If I say "Just remember, Milk, Queue Shots, Syrup. Follow beverage sequencing." Don't make an excuse, say okay and make it right. We've tried to help you and be as supportive and nice as we can. However, when a guest asks for a double tall mocha and you say "What do you mean by double tall?" It makes us all look like idiots. (For those not in the know, Talls get 1 shot, Grandes and Ventis 2, Iced Ventis 3. Asking for a Double Tall means 2 Shots, Triple Grande is 3... Etc...) When you ask "How many pumps of vanilla go in whipped cream? 2 or 3?" Don't get surprised when we firmly correct you that it is EIGHT. This is simple stuff. When one of us asks you "Did you put the vanilla in this Hot Chocolate? It looks like it's not enough syrup." And you proceed to argue about how Hot Chocolates don't get Vanilla... Pick up a damn recipe card and realize that you're dead wrong. You cannot be handing 4/5 drinks out wrong. You cannot be giving guest service like that. Of course we're on your ass, as nicely as possible.

/rant

I apologize, I fear this may only be understood by fellow Baristas.

To that one team member...
You've been here several months. You need to stop making excuses or saying nobody told you when we just try to gently remind you of how things are done or what you need to change. Nobody else finds the need to be snippy about it or complain in front of guests about how we're mean to you. If I say "Just remember, Milk, Queue Shots, Syrup. Follow beverage sequencing." Don't make an excuse, say okay and make it right. We've tried to help you and be as supportive and nice as we can. However, when a guest asks for a double tall mocha and you say "What do you mean by double tall?" It makes us all look like idiots. (For those not in the know, Talls get 1 shot, Grandes and Ventis 2, Iced Ventis 3. Asking for a Double Tall means 2 Shots, Triple Grande is 3... Etc...) When you ask "How many pumps of vanilla go in whipped cream? 2 or 3?" Don't get surprised when we firmly correct you that it is EIGHT. This is simple stuff. When one of us asks you "Did you put the vanilla in this Hot Chocolate? It looks like it's not enough syrup." And you proceed to argue about how Hot Chocolates don't get Vanilla... Pick up a damn recipe card and realize that you're dead wrong. You cannot be handing 4/5 drinks out wrong. You cannot be giving guest service like that. Of course we're on your ass, as nicely as possible.

/rant

My daughter is a barista.
There is a steep learning curve if you care about doing it right, like being a bartender.
It sounds like your fellow TM doesn't really care to learn the job.
The big problem which should be communicated to the TL, is hardcore coffee people (myself included) will walkaway the minute they figure out they are dealing with a bad barista.

To the ETL that actually gave me and a new TM a dirty look please get over yourself! You are not all that and you need to get off the high horse you rode in on. Treat TM like they want to be treated seriously! She wonders why people are afraid of her gee I wonder.....

OMG someone actually cleans your break room?? To the TM's that eat like slobs and leave the microwaves and tables looking like a garbage dump. What the heck does your house look like. Also whats with all these ETL's that are 22 yrs old and have no worldly experiences?? It makes it hard when they berate you just to make themselves feel good.

OMG someone actually cleans your break room?? To the TM's that eat like slobs and leave the microwaves and tables looking like a garbage dump. What the heck does your house look like. Also whats with all these ETL's that are 22 yrs old and have no worldly experiences?? It makes it hard when they berate you just to make themselves feel good.

I'm 21 and have more sense then that...

to that ETL that is the bane of my existence....it's really bad when you piss off the food delivery people....you know the ones you call every single closing shift you have and then never answer your pages for (just like us lowly TM's).

p.s. you are neither a queen or god's gift to anyone so please stop prancing around like you are.

Jeers to the TM who chewed me out for taking my 15 minute break Saturday evening.

Cheers to the TM who realized I was assigned to shoes and BHA without any training and taught me how to zone them so well. Apologies and thanks to the other SL TMs who helped me finish zoning and putting things backs because I spent too long on the shoes.

Jeers to the TM who chewed me out for taking my 15 minute break Saturday evening.

Cheers to the TM who realized I was assigned to shoes and BHA without any training and taught me how to zone them so well. Apologies and thanks to the other SL TMs who helped me finish zoning and putting things backs because I spent too long on the shoes.

ATC (figure it out, lol..) to that TM who chewed you out yet GTC to the TM that helped you out :)

OMG someone actually cleans your break room?? To the TM's that eat like slobs and leave the microwaves and tables looking like a garbage dump. What the heck does your house look like.
At my store, that would be ME! I'm sick and tired of going in there and finding empty pizza boxes, used napkins, dirty dishes, etc :angry3:

Also, whoever keeps taking the folded paper towels/paper/etc. out from under the breakroom table legs, STOP!!! It keeps them from wobbling! I'm about to take some Rx labeling tape in there to tape the damn things TO the legs so you can't take them off!!!

Also, whoever keeps taking the folded paper towels/paper/etc. out from under the breakroom table legs, STOP!!! It keeps them from wobbling! I'm about to take some Rx labeling tape in there to tape the damn things TO the legs so you can't take them off!!!

We have that same problem with our tables! Also, to that one team member that keeps eating the new guy's food: you're a jerk. We actually have a sign on our fridge that HR made that asks TMs not to eat each other's food. Sad, isn't it?

We have that same problem with our tables! Also, to that one team member that keeps eating the new guy's food: you're a jerk. We actually have a sign on our fridge that HR made that asks TMs not to eat each other's food. Sad, isn't it?

It is sad. I stopped bringing a lunch when the homemade baked goods and the can of soda in my zipped up lunch bag that had my name on it went MIA one too many times. I'd be happy to share or if you are even more poor than this single mom I would bring you a lunch. You don't have to steal someone else's.

At my store, that would be ME! I'm sick and tired of going in there and finding empty pizza boxes, used napkins, dirty dishes, etc :angry3:

the little napkins are usually removed by the cleaning crew - someone kicks the tables, napkin scoots away from table - becomes trash on the floor.

To that one photo tm, paper has specific sides on the printer. 5x7 and 8x10 on the left, all 4x6 on the right. Putting the premium 4x6 on the left side CAUSES JAMS. You will have less jams if you follow it this way! Also, I leave notes to make your life easier, not to make you mad.

To the backroom tms who helped me with the wave...you guys are AWESOME. It had been ten months since I had last driven the wave and I needed a few pointers. I also love that we were all laughing at me when I tried to turn around. Best day ever. You guys are pretty much the reason why I still work at Target, because I love working with you!

To the LOD today...I'm really sorry that we were swamped at the lanes. I'm really sorry that the GSTL had to call me to cover her lunch since we were so backed up that she couldn't ask the service desk to watch. I'm really sorry our photo tm went home sick and I had to help multiple guests create their Christmas cards on the kiosks. I'm sorry I missed the precious mid day zone. I figured giving great service at the lanes and at photo were more important than zoning. I wish I could have split myself into five people today to help in toys, cover the operator, zone/pulls, cover the GSTL, and help guests in photo...all at the same time. What are you going to do when I leave?

It was a lonnnnnnnng day today...

To that new cashier: we are all grown-ups. We all follow the boss's instructions at work. If the GSA wants me to watch a trainee on the register you were using before your lunch, then be an adult and move to a different register when you get back. Don't tell me you've never had to follow directions before - you're in your 50s, for crying out loud!

Dear O/N ETL- Your team doesn't like you. There is absolutly nothing you can do to make them work faster when they don't like you. Try treating them with respect, like our old ETL, and maybe then they will work harder & faster to try to get the floor done for you. Quit harrassing your good TM, they are not the problem. And for god's sake, stop riding your TLs. That is why you cannot get and keep a 4th TL O/N. (That goes for the STL too!).

Also, when you move the TM who is running your food team for you (rather than you, the other ETL, or your TL) into backstock, you had better have someone lined up to run the show. I told you already that I had to leave at my scheduled time and would not be able to stay late. Don't give me a dirty look because you didn't plan your night out properly.

..paper has specific sides on the printer. 5x7 and 8x10 on the left, all 4x6 on the right. Putting the premium 4x6 on the left side CAUSES JAMS...

Since when?

Is it a Wetlab or Drylab? What machine # are you using? At my lab, each cartridge is interchangeable no matter which compartment we put them in, and I've never jammed once.

To those Front End Cashier: When you have a guest at your register with their items on the belt, STOP talking to the other cashier and TURN AROUND and ring them up :superstition:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back