To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who said that he will stock the bleach that was staged unlocated in the bulk area, but never did. Therefore, I put it in location (for CAFs and OUTs batches) and pulled some myself.

To that one seasonal team member who decided not to show up for her closing guest service shift tonight to protest the fact that no one could tell her if she was being kept on after the holidays. If they WERE thinking of keeping you they sure aren't any more! Thanks for making MY day extra fun since I had to stay to cover your hours. Boy, you sure showed the big bosses didn't you? Oh, wait, the only one you made suffer was ME! Good riddance!

To that one seasonal team member who decided not to show up for her closing guest service shift tonight to protest the fact that no one could tell her if she was being kept on after the holidays. If they WERE thinking of keeping you they sure aren't any more! Thanks for making MY day extra fun since I had to stay to cover your hours. Boy, you sure showed the big bosses didn't you? Oh, wait, the only one you made suffer was ME! Good riddance!

One of our summer hires kept calling in and NCNSing all the time, so the GSTLs had to keep asking all the cashiers if they wanted to try out Guest Service because we didn't have enough Guest Service TMs to cover for her. She was promptly termed. Now a bunch of the veterans are at Guest Service all the time to make room for the s**tload of seasonal cashiers.

To the cashier who went home early due to "hot flashes". You're in your 20's, hot flashes?? Seriously???

To the cart attendant who came in 4 hours late to his shift. Yes you are a hard worker when you are here, but I am quickly losing my patience with you. Even after I ask you to stay a bit after you say you had a long day and are stressed out so you can't stay. Guess what, this is fourth quarter, we are ALL stressed.
GTC to Starbucks who cleared the lot when they were picking up your slack though!

I actually knew someone in their 20's who went thru early menopause, hot flashes and all. It's rare but it does happen. Not that it did in this case, just sayin'.

I actually knew someone in their 20's who went thru early menopause, hot flashes and all. It's rare but it does happen. Not that it did in this case, just sayin'.
Wow, I had no idea that was even possible. Like any night though, we survived without her, I just needed to vent :)

Certain meds can cause "flushing" which is similar to hot flashes.

To the tech who INSISTS on running the space heater. Fine, I understand that you're cold, but if you're going to run it, pick a "job" or "filling station" and STAY THERE!!! I have no need for it, which is why I stand on the left side of the counter to fill...I'm sorry if it's "easier" for you to fill there, but being that close to the heater KILLS me and I WILL turn it off! Here's a suggestion: try wearing clothes tha, while they may not be the most fashion-forward, aren't paper thin, cover your skin, and actually will help keep you WARM!!!

To that one Co worker of mine made smart ass remarks after I suggested we take our last break at 4:45 instead of 5:00. Then she didn't wrap the pallets so when I took them to the back room somethings fell over and it made it look like it was my falut. I was taking my time to avoid that happening and the backroom people started to both. I told them if ---- would have wrapped this like James (the mananger) asked this would not happens. She got all offended and told on me. I suggested to the other co worker that we take our break at 4:45 instead if 5:00am due to the fact that we have way too many pallets and that we need to be cleaned up by 6am. Well one if the managers had the same.idea and told the coworker I mentioned it to. She told the cranky one and she said it was jasons idea not mine and blah blah blah. She pissed me off so much. Plus the other lady at lunch making a comment that my lunch has way too much fat. Felt like telling her its none if her business to worry or cry over what I eat.

To the Target webmaster guy in Minnesota:

Please make eHR compatible to more than just Internet Explorer. It's a sh*tty browser, and now less than 40% of Americans actually use it. I'd like to be able to check my pay statements without having to go to the library (the one by my house is closed for renovation) or fight to use the one '90's desktop in TSC during my breaks.

Seriously, you could hire a college student programmer to fix it pretty easily. You cannot possibly be that cheap.

Please make eHR compatible to more than just Internet Explorer. It's a sh*tty browser, and now less than 40% of Americans actually use it. I'd like to be able to check my pay statements without having to go to the library (the one by my house is closed for renovation) or fight to use the one '90's desktop in TSC during my breaks.

Seriously, you could hire a college student programmer to fix it pretty easily. You cannot possibly be that cheap.

Ditto. And wouldn't it be great to be able to check your schedule at home?

This!

There is a reason why I am requesting so and so department to pick up the line when a guest calls - it's because what the guest wants is in YOUR department. So, yes, I am POed at the fact that you kept picking up, telling guests 'it's not my department' and hanging up on them. Guess who gets to deal with them when they call back, upset? Yep, me!

I hope they don't keep you.

when Spot is generous to provide food to feed us, it would be nice not to act like you're at a freaking buffet and overload your plate. Oh, and no, you shouldn't be making yourself a doggy bag large enough to feed your family.

Really? Some people are kind of stupid.

I did the opposite of that today. While trying to help a guest with an automotive question, I got an electronics call that was on the same line. It turned out that another TM had picked up the automotive call and finished with the guest before I got back to the phone. #communicationfail

when Spot is generous to provide food to feed us, it would be nice not to act like you're at a freaking buffet and overload your plate. Oh, and no, you shouldn't be making yourself a doggy bag large enough to feed your family.

Word. At walmart they gave us a BBQ (yes at 2am) and I sdidnt even get a burger becuse some dumb asses got two or even three burgers.

Ditto. And wouldn't it be great to be able to check your schedule at home?

At walmart we can do this. Matter of fact its home or the work computers. Past two weeks, current week and the next two weeks is what we can view. They don't post paper ones. Even their employee website is formatted to fit on mobile devices so you could check it on the go too.

i hired a kid outta high school several years ago and after a few minor bumps, he's developed into a very talented team member. his etl had talked to him about temporarily forgoing his next semester in college (he would be required to do an internship in his field) for regular/online classes to take a tl position with target. he's been very conflicted with the decision.
he is scheduled on pog for two weeks. wondered why, but then he told me today that he's leaving in two weeks for a job in his new field and asked to work with my team his last few days.
so, to that one team member: i'm so glad that you worked things out in your life so you could get your degree in a field that i KNOW you are going to be AMAZING at. you give me courage and the hope to succeed! congratulations! (hope that's not too mushy :D)

To that one GSTL: I really appreciate the way that regardless of the fact that I always respond to your calls for backups you decide to continuously be ridiculously rude to me. I also LOVE the fact that you'll let all of your actual cashiers that are around me go on break or do other tasks and not let me get back to the sales floor to do my primary job.

He really is....we just got a new ETL-HR and even SHE'S amazed at how "hands on" he is. She came from a ULV store and was used to jumping on the lanes when back up was needed, but says her STL there was rarely even out on the floor. Ours is ALWAYS out on the floor, interacting with guests (some even know him by name), will help guests with carry-outs, back-up wherever needed, and is an all around nice guy. He's been with Spot for 22+ years, started as a cashier back in college, and has worked his way through the ranks. I seriously couldn't ask for a better "boss" :)

I love stl's that came up through the ranks. I've had the pleasure of working for a few. They are always the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back