To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind flexing into empty spaces. But flexing production top of other product just looks really bad, and makes it harder to sell.

to the other hl tms working today: Learn how to respond to things!!!!! I was getting just about every phone call & call for hl. I know you had walkies, i saw them. You all made me really miss p-fresh today. That and being mobbed by guests in seasonal....

don't get me started on this omfg

Now, whoever fills dollar spot just tosses things in willy-nilly on top of other things, making the entire area look bad and impossible to sell.

I also hate this. It takes less than a minute to scan it with a pda to see where it actually goes. Or you could just familiarize yourself with the area for two minutes before throwing stuff around in places it doesn't go. No place for the items? Clear a spot without many items in it and make it look nice (We do that at my store).

But in all fairness the PDA's at my store are a crap shoot. Some work, most don't and the dollar spot is so close to the front door that the guests swamp you with questions.

To the one in charge today.....

()(*&^(&*()*$)#(*((#&$HYFJ*(8#*D#)(R

Why day after day do you normally have to prove that guest correct when she declared you a B the other night?!?!

To the rest of the team - well, I was prepared to stay until 6pm. Sorry!

I'd also like to actually learn more - but keep getting stymied and pushed aside by the one above. Thanks for helping me when you can - I hope you guys know I feel basically useless and I'm sorry about it.

To that same one....

Really???? You told the ETL that my fill was slow and I should only work the counter when the other day we had SIX left to fill in baskets, had no empty baskets to use for anything... all because YOU had 120 to check?!?!?! SERIOUSLY???? AND I find out that you wanted me, the licensed tech working the counter because you had the unlicensed/uneducated/untrained guy there to fill that is faster... the one that was point blank told he COULD NOT FILL (illegal).

I get it, i'm new and not fast (yet), but your inability to check at the rate needed is not my fault... digging thru your pile of them to find the one to rush check when the guest shows up isn't fun. Not at all. And we do it every. single. time. we all work with you.

Furthermore, if you had let me complete my friggin training plan as needed you might find I was a bit more useful. JUst because YOU learn by using the system, some of us learn differently.... 1-2 hours to finish the stupid PDX & INventory online training would do miracles for my usefulness.

Alas.... i'm going to be the scapegoat and have no illusions of staying past my 90 if you have a d*** thing to say about it.

Oh well, back to job hunting for something that works with my schedule better anyway - which is a shame, because I actually like the majority of my TMs and management. It could work well with my schedule (if I could work weekends... but since I can't enter crap that is out) and being 5 minutes from my house is great.

here's the latest smack my head (instead of what I really want to do, which is smack their head) interaction with my least favorite seasonal tm:

seasonal: It's really bad over here
me: I know, it will only get worse
seasonal: no, like it's the worst I've ever seen it (working a whole 3 weeks with us)
me: it will get worse, I've been here 3 years it will be worse

To those early morning TMs (we don't have overnight anymore), if it doesn't fit, you must acquit. Wait, that's not right... if it doesn't fit, don't effing force it!! I shouldn't have to deal with an avalanche of slippers if I'm working on that damn slipper wall.

Also, eff the person who came up with the whole hanging shoes on a wall thing. Especially eff the person who decided some of the peghooks should hold multiple sizes (also applicable to baby socks and other gondola junk). The guests have to pull off all the ones in front (not always with the slippers, but with the baby socks/tights, they do) if they need the size in the back.. this makes it harder to keep this shit looking nice, because we all know they're not gonna put the ones they removed back on the hook.

Omg, and same thing about all those racks that have 985 different styles on one rack. The baby pajamas and the JOY shit is the wooorst for that. We have licensed 2pc outfits and there's legit 9 different styles on one arm and it's next to one with 9 different licensed Ts on one arm. It's impossible to see what's even on the racks.

To that one LOD: What is with you and being such a bitch for the last week? Seriously, if two team members are working on sorting out reshops...guest services was insanely busy all night tonight, so the rest of us were sorting out reshops whenever a big cart came in, if we happened to be there...you don't need to butt in every time and demand they get back to work. And seriously, why were you hovering around guest services enough to do that, anyway? I'm sure you had other things you could have been doing.

here's the latest smack my head (instead of what I really want to do, which is smack their head) interaction with my least favorite seasonal tm:

seasonal: no, like it's the worst I've ever seen it (working a whole 3 weeks with us)

I forgot to add.....asking the guest service TEAM MEMBER if it's okay for you to leave when our team lead is right there and even if it's just me (floor captain, or whatever the term is) is just dumb. You really make it hard for me/anyone other than your boyfriend to want to help you succeed/survive past Christmas.

^This.

To that one seasonal TM that works back of the line during unload, you've NCNS (I think) three times. Every time back of the line got slammed and guess who got to deal with that. The last thing I want to hear is you complaining about 600 boxes of backstock and asking other TMs to leave their bays to help out. You're lucky you missed our first 4th quarter seasonal truck...your head might have exploded.

To the same TM, when I trained you I told you that you could use one headphone. You have been wearing two for the last two weeks and I've told you multiple times to only use one. You can't hear me telling you that the boxes that fell off the line are push, you can't hear the unloaders calling for the next skate, you can't hear me telling you to not take more pallets.

To the rest of our seasonal TMs, the TL told everyone that if she wasn't around I was the one "in charge". I know what needs to get done, please do what I tell you.

To the TM that NCNS and gave notice... thanks, I appreciate the hours.

To the TL that called to ask if I could work... thanks and happy to see you find me reliable to be your first choice to call - i bet that surprises you given our spat in October huh??

What can I say, poor single moms with flakey ex's need hours. Even with blisters on their feet! (on the top, from the tape I had on it - that band-air blister thing better be in the cupboard....)

To the TM that NCNS and gave notice... thanks, I appreciate the hours.

To the TL that called to ask if I could work... thanks and happy to see you find me reliable to be your first choice to call - i bet that surprises you given our spat in October huh??

What can I say, poor single moms with flakey ex's need hours. Even with blisters on their feet! (on the top, from the tape I had on it - that band-air blister thing better be in the cupboard....)

We sell something called Moleskin. Padding on one side, adhesive on the other. I put it in my shoes on the places where i get blisters and presto!...no more blisters.

To those early morning TMs (we don't have overnight anymore), if it doesn't fit, you must acquit. Wait, that's not right... if it doesn't fit, don't effing force it!! I shouldn't have to deal with an avalanche of slippers if I'm working on that damn slipper wall.

Also, eff the person who came up with the whole hanging shoes on a wall thing. Especially eff the person who decided some of the peghooks should hold multiple sizes (also applicable to baby socks and other gondola junk). The guests have to pull off all the ones in front (not always with the slippers, but with the baby socks/tights, they do) if they need the size in the back.. this makes it harder to keep this shit looking nice, because we all know they're not gonna put the ones they removed back on the hook.

Omg, and same thing about all those racks that have 985 different styles on one rack. The baby pajamas and the JOY shit is the wooorst for that. We have licensed 2pc outfits and there's legit 9 different styles on one arm and it's next to one with 9 different licensed Ts on one arm. It's impossible to see what's even on the racks.

YES. The two sections of softlines I've actually worked in. That whole multiple-sizes-on-one-peghook thing drives me nuts.

To that new (hopefully just seasonal) TM:

Seriously. I'm on my f--king break. I get 15 minutes. I'm thirsty. I would like to pay for my drink and go into the break room. Hurry up! The guest in front of me had 3 items!!!! All t-shirts on hangers! And it takes you 5+ minutes to ring her up and take the shirts off the hangers? Are you f--king kidding me????

to that one tl....not sure how you got a LOD shift but I hope it never happens again. Didn't like you much as a team lead....like you even less as an LOD. You should know more about softlines than you do and really? 3 closers on each side of the store and you expect ALL of that (and a bag of chips)? Although I will give you that the electronics person was beyond useless....but so was his girlfriend, our seasonal tm. I so want both of them gone....and add his mom for good measure.

To those tms I work with -- it's great you're all friends and it's great you have this cute clique going on for you guys. But it's not great for you guys to stand at the fitting room and do nothing when we're zoning and then everyone in hardlines has to help us fold at the end of the night. Chit-chat about your drama but just not while you're on the clock.
Sincerely, a team member fed up with the laziness.

To those tms I work with -- it's great you're all friends and it's great you have this cute clique going on for you guys. But it's not great for you guys to stand at the fitting room and do nothing when we're zoning and then everyone in hardlines has to help us fold at the end of the night. Chit-chat about your drama but just not while you're on the clock.
Sincerely, a team member fed up with the laziness.

oh my goodness!! you work at my store....it's getting so bad that even when I am at the fitting room they sit there and chit chat (and I do all in my power to get them to skedaddle). I figure they can't ding me for not doing my work and I do do my work and ninety percent of the time help the dilly dallier's. But I am tired of coming into the fitting room after one who chats all the time and does no work.

oh my goodness!! you work at my store....it's getting so bad that even when I am at the fitting room they sit there and chit chat (and I do all in my power to get them to skedaddle). I figure they can't ding me for not doing my work and I do do my work and ninety percent of the time help the dilly dallier's. But I am tired of coming into the fitting room after one who chats all the time and does no work.

I don't even try to get them to do their work. I'm just a new hire and they're all old tms. Whenever I go to the fitting room to get all my reshop after I've zoned my section and they are there they give me the most dirtiest look like 'what are you even doing here?' And then at the end of the night I have to go help them because they couldn't zone their spot in time of closing. I mean if they'd just stop spending 3 hours at the fitting room talking they'd get time just in time.

to that one tm....yup, complain about me not sharing...but darling a)you didn't ask and b) you were trying to take the last of my coveted infant/toddler hangers....out of the fitting room bins. UMMMM...it would have been easier for you to go back to the back room and get as many as you needed. Oh well I know where you stand in the team babytrees vs team miss cushy pants stand off (and that is what it has come down to)

I don't even try to get them to do their work. I'm just a new hire and they're all old tms. Whenever I go to the fitting room to get all my reshop after I've zoned my section and they are there they give me the most dirtiest look like 'what are you even doing here?' And then at the end of the night I have to go help them because they couldn't zone their spot in time of closing. I mean if they'd just stop spending 3 hours at the fitting room talking they'd get time just in time.
I always make sure to thank the newbie's for taking their reshop.

To that one TM...you've now been fired twice in three weeks. Your chances of calling and begging for your job back again ought to be between HELL and NO. Have a nice life.

To that one ETL...you are the most lazy, incompetent, mean ETL this store has ever seen. There is a reason we are all genuinely thrilled your promotion and transfer has finally gone through. You will not be missed. To your new store, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

to the 7 TM's fighting over the new guy in hardlines: I am far too old for this drama and I won't take much more of it. Grow up, quit acting like 12 year olds, and leave the poor guy alone! If i hear one more issue having to do with this all 7 of you will be in the office with me at once and i can promise you that will be the last time we talk about it.

so over this bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back