To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To The Two ETL's working in A block: you two worked 100 feet from the lanes for over an hour and never responded to back-ups. And you wondered why I threw my hands up in frustration as I walked by you to the lanes, again. Reason #91 why morale sucks at my store.

Hey now, they had important work that needed to get done and that doesn't get accomplished if they have to break away to do back up every few minutes.

To The Two ETL's working in A block: you two worked 100 feet from the lanes for over an hour and never responded to back-ups. And you wondered why I threw my hands up in frustration as I walked by you to the lanes, again. Reason #91 why morale sucks at my store.

Hey now, they had important work that needed to get done and that doesn't get accomplished if they have to break away to do back up every few minutes.

lol and you know that's exactly what they thought

Dear Schedule People: would it kill you to come up with some kind of list of who is doing what for a department. I mean, I don't mind training people. I do mind spending time (which I am very short of today) training them, only to discover I didn't need to because they're not doing actual instocks, they're just using instocks hours.

Dear ETL: Thanks for waiting until after I gave him a half-assed crash course to let me know I didn't need to.

Dear TL: I feel bad telling you bad news but your reactions almost make it worth it.

Thanks for leaving me 3 massive freezer metros it took me 3 hours to push. And STOP writing down that it is busy you have know idea what the word "busy" means also please push berries bananas and milk Just cause they are not on a pull doesn't mean you don't have to push them dumb fuck.

I was waiting to clock in today in the TSC. As I was waiting, the SrTL who was LOD for the day was sitting at the desk. He glanced at the break out to see where I was. This is the actual conversation that went down:

SrTL: oh, you're cashiering today.
Me: yep.
SrTL: ah, it must be nice to take a day just to cashier and still get gsa pay.
Me: (snickering)
SrTL: no, I'd love to have a day where I just come in and do flow and get my pay.
Me: Umm...I think most of the cashiers who have been here a good while make more money than I do.
SrTL: really?!
Me: yes. You know GSA is only 50 cents above base pay.
SrTL: what?! Why in the world would you even do it, then?
Me: I have no idea.
SrTL: ugh, and I thought *my* pay was bad....

Yeah....remember that next time I move heaven, earth, and the entire front end to help you out of a jam.

TTOTM: Yes you are a nice friendly pleasant person, hired as seasonal flow. BUT you are clueless. You shoot every stinkin thing you push. It fucking takes you FOREVER. My tl watched you yesterday. Numerous tm's have tried to help you and you can not comprehend. Enjoy what time you have left. Your days are numbered. Bye bye

TTOTM: I am flow tm. I am a proud flow tm. A lot of people, IMO, "flow bash". That's fine by me, I know I do a great job! Lol I am going to bash the sales floor tm's. I believe some think if an item comes out on a pull it has to stay out. That is not true!! If the primary is full and you check for 2nd locations, don't flex it into empty space near where it belongs. Backstock it. That is what the backroom is for. I don't care that it came out on a pull. Counts get screwed up. Don't complicate things. I don't care if it's soup or underwear, backstock it. Cue the music- let it go let it go can't hold it back anymore let it go let it go

To the softline tms : no need to tape a note on an item if it is backstock !
At the end of your shift , push the 3 tier cart to the back room , put a pink clip on it and ta da. , it is done ! Why are you waiting for flow tm to do it?

How many tms does it take to fill an end cap? At my store apparently 6 ! Pitiful and a waste of payroll, especially when other things needed to be done!

To that stl who boast about etl/tl who worked OT? Any old timer tms would have worked it too if given the chance ! But we were not allowed , even asked to cut hours so we would not go over !!!

TTOTM: I am flow tm. I am a proud flow tm. A lot of people, IMO, "flow bash". That's fine by me, I know I do a great job! Lol I am going to bash the sales floor tm's. I believe some think if an item comes out on a pull it has to stay out. That is not true!! If the primary is full and you check for 2nd locations, don't flex it into empty space near where it belongs. Backstock it. That is what the backroom is for. I don't care that it came out on a pull. Counts get screwed up. Don't complicate things. I don't care if it's soup or underwear, backstock it. Cue the music- let it go let it go can't hold it back anymore let it go let it go

This is literally what flow does at my store

to our new logistic team lead: Dude you are such a pompous ass, holly shit truck was so much better before you came. Also fuck you for making us do this new "FEETS" garbage.

To that one LOD: Stop with the snarky remarks about how horrible Christians are. You aren't funny. In fact, keep it up, and someone's going to get annoyed and show Spot what the words "hostile work environment" mean. And then you had better hope that Spot's lawyers are better trained than the IT dept.

TTOGSA: I get that you enjoy being in Guest Service and helping guests, but maybe you should pay attention to your team and when they need help. I've had to help so many new cashiers (which I dont mind helping at all), but I'm busy as well with my projects and my job. You're always in guest service helping out when you could be helping your team get better. I don't understand why you're a GSA, you don't manage time well and you're not good at multitasking. You should leave again, but this time maybe not come back.

To that operator in that fairly new store that I called twice today, thank you for being so helpful!

To leadership, user your walkies.

To the many new and seasonal people, an swer the phones! If you're busy, respond via walkie. But you're never busy soooo, stop the b.s. because I can't keep doing your job and my job. I usually just give up and run around the store myself looking for whatever the phone guest wants (can't always trust the devices and sometimes they want items held). It's frustrating.

Rant ahead.

TTO-EVERYBODY: Complete failure at every level. I'm getting so tired of cleaning up after everyone. Didn't finish pushing the truck? Dayside will take care of it. Didn't schedule enough people to push CAFs (on a weekend in December?!)? Dayside will take care of it. Oh, no leaders available to help pull the monster-sized CAFs? Don't worry, dayside will take care of it. Didn't finish pushing FDC (again)? Didn't even bother backstocking what was pushed (AGAIN)? Seasonal backstock taking up half of receiving? Electronics backstock literally spilling out of the stockroom? Other dayside TM randomly disappearing during said monster-sized CAFs? SUBT999 from Plano? Flexible Fulfillments every 10 minutes? Need a pallet of bags down? How about a new hanger bin? Full baler and every cardboard cage overflowing? Garbage all over the floor because you can't be bothered to sweep? Garbage bursting out of bags because you're too damn lazy to walk 10 WHOLE FEET to get a new bag?

NO IT'S FINE; I'LL TAKE CARE OF EVERYTHING.

TTOsrtl: The way that you bully and talk down to certain people is just wrong . Karma is a bitch my friend.

TTO SrTL...yes, it was a crappy night. I'm sorry half the sales floor team called out. But seriously, you don't get to throw the "if no one else cares, then neither do I" fit. Why? Because you are the manager. Suck it up. And people did care. And most of them worked frelling hard. Just because they had no desire to stay even later on a Saturday night doesn't mean they don't care. It just means that it's retail, they're done for the night, and in the end, it will be all there in the morning.

Horrible day in the backroom.

This pretty much sums up my mood.

Alright, let's get to the rant.

Perishables team, please do not back stock shitloads of product during the CAF pull hours. I mean seriously, can you even attempt to do it the right way? STO and SUBT999 during the CAF pull hours. And fuck the accumulator and fuck you if you say "oh that's too much work". You back stock a full tub of bakery, deli, or meat and I pull it the next hour and you're bitching to me about "too much work".
Meat, you are the worst culprit in this. Honestly, just don't back stock anything. For 3 straight hours, I was pulling back stock because you can't press a few more buttons. I have no sympathy for people that want to argue about this with me.

Backroom team lead and logistics ETL, please learn how to make a schedule. You have a backroom day team member that is on the disabled list for at least 2 weeks and you fail to cover the shift. It's a Saturday and you only have two people in backroom day. You honestly couldn't get one of the assholes from the early morning team to cover a 6am to 2pm shift on a Saturday? And I don't want to hear anyone bitch about back stock. How can I back stock when the CAF pulls take an hour to pull per hour?

Substitute backroom day helper, you're an idiot. Learn how to drive the wave. You bumped into one of the metal beams and dislodged the fuse making the wave useless. Luckily, I was able to figure out the problem and fixed it.
Also, never leave early if I am trying to finish the 5pm CAF pulls while also trying to take my lunch before 6pm. I accommodated you and had no problems with you taking your lunch at 250pm and called for backup while you were at lunch. You need to make a sacrifice and stay 5 minutes longer and help finish. Also, learn how to read your schedule too. The daily grid schedules in the breakroom hallway are posted on Mondays. It has been known to everyone that you were scheduled 9am to 530pm today. Don't assume, dumbass.

This pretty much is my expression when I'm in the backroom every day

p24GAJW.gif

To that closing SBTM: There's a reason I like opening at FA most mornings - because the closers don't leave me hanging like you did.
I came into tea/mocha/coffee-stained sinks, near-empty coffee bean bins, only 1-2 jugs of milk in the coolers, empty syrup bottles left on the stand, no tea pitchers prepped; cups/lids weren't stocked despite having full boxes just around the corner, cream pitchers were ALL empty, counters were sticky & the espresso machine cleaning cycle wasn't started.
You told me it 'got busy' after I left so you didn't have time to stock or finish prep. As a result, you doubled my set-up tasks but hey, I had it ALL caught up when you came strolling in later.
Also not buying the 'busy' excuse. Another TM told me it was dead & you stood around texting behind the counter.

To that one seasonal TM: You're really great and I hope you get hired on after Christmas.

To several seasonal hardlines TMs: You don't finish your zones, you take forever to get through your re-shop, and you don't respond to anything on the walkie. What are you guys doing all shift? Yeah, it's busy, but not so much so that you can't get any work done.

To that one TM: Do you ever think before you talk into the walkie? There are somethings that really shouldn't be announced to the entire store.

To that one LOD: Stop with the snarky remarks about how horrible Christians are. You aren't funny. In fact, keep it up, and someone's going to get annoyed and show Spot what the words "hostile work environment" mean. And then you had better hope that Spot's lawyers are better trained than the IT dept.

I would say what that LOD can do, but that wouldn't be very Christian of me.

To that closing SBTM: There's a reason I like opening at FA most mornings - because the closers don't leave me hanging like you did.
I came into tea/mocha/coffee-stained sinks, near-empty coffee bean bins, only 1-2 jugs of milk in the coolers, empty syrup bottles left on the stand, no tea pitchers prepped; cups/lids weren't stocked despite having full boxes just around the corner, cream pitchers were ALL empty, counters were sticky & the espresso machine cleaning cycle wasn't started.
You told me it 'got busy' after I left so you didn't have time to stock or finish prep. As a result, you doubled my set-up tasks but hey, I had it ALL caught up when you came strolling in later.
Also not buying the 'busy' excuse. Another TM told me it was dead & you stood around texting behind the counter.

Glad our SBTM's seem to be mostly decent at their job. I check out FA and SB when they close, and sign off on the forms. At FA I have closed, so I know what to check and make sure was done. At SB I have no idea, when I asked various LOD's they responded to not worry about it, that they knew what was expected of them and did it all without having their hand held.

To the market team members: All of you are awesome, dependable, and hard-working. Though we are few in number, I couldn't have asked for a better or more cohesive team to work with. :)

To that one TM: I'm sorry you are a regular hire and past your ninety days. Yeah, I see you buddying up with your hardlines friends and "helping" them with their CAFs. They work just fine and more efficiently without you.

To select seasonal TMs: Use your walkies or hand them over to someone who won't wear it as an accessory.

My god, to sales floor people: please do not freaking take a walkie when you never respond to backup and don't even respond to questions. Give it to someone that really needs it (me), since I always respond to Guest First calls and respond when I hear "Hardlines do you copy." It sucks being without a walkie when other freaking team members have a walkie that they never use. They hear the back up calls, they hear calls for help on Hardlines, but don't respond.

God, this is a long rant.

Also please pull your own weight. It sucks not able to finish my own zoning department because I have to go zone the department that you were assigned to do. Zone does not just mean pick up misplaced items from that department, it is so much more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back