To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOTM: Yeah, I hope you enjoyed your little chat with AP. I don't imagine he was at all amused when I told him about the pile of tags I found in the stall at the fitting room that you left unattended while covering my lunch. What were you thinking?! The fitting was slammed when I left and was still busy when I got back!

To those pain in the kisser team members.....don't expect me to stay later to help when you're just standing there talking to each other for extended periods of time. I have a family and don't need the money.

Also, don't ask me to cover your shifts so you can go party, then you have excuses, when I seldom ask for you to cover one of my shifts.

TTOTL: I was in HBA (busiest department in our store) by myself last night and I only had a five hour shift. There's no reason to be surprised that I didn't finish the entire zone + reshop. There's usually 2, sometimes 3 people in that department.

to those etl's who sit in AP watching the cameras - don't call me to tell me I have blinking lights.. I'm not blind - Do you see anything else going on at the front end besides the blinking lights? - such as - your gstl has gone awol and I am the only one out on the floor on a busy day.

Somewhere in my memory bank of when I occasionally watched the cameras at another job, you are not allowed to let staff know they are being watched. It has a name, but I don't recall - anyone know what that's called? Though I'm sure at target someone has named it something different then the rest of the retail world.

TTOsrtl- I don't understand you at all...I really don't. I busted my ass all day yesterday ...you have no idea how much I got done because you were to busy being an ass. You sit there and ride the hell out of those people who work and stand around and talk with those that don't. That new guy you think is so great? He is late almost every morning ( at least 15 min)...then he takes one, single piece of trash and walks it all the way down to the bailer...ONE BOX...oh and then there are his breaks...15 min bbreaks? Oh, not for him they are more like 30. You just let him get by with it...and what makes it worse you just think he is great. Then you have the other guy who tattles on everyone and is all up your ass. ...he is such a great team member? yet he cant even backstock correctly....yeah, go pull up the detail report and you will see. Oh, that's right someone did pull up the detail report and tried to show you and you blew it off..

TTOGSTL: I'm tired of going to the check lanes every 5 minutes! I understand I'm one of the only few to ever respond, but I feel like I'm being taken advantage of. I have other work to do and I've spent almost have my shift on the register.

To that one team leader: Thank you for stepping in and telling me not to go up. You're someone who actually understands.

Edit: It's not backup I'm angry about. It's specifically being singled out that has me annoyed.

Last edited:
TTOTM i asked if you could turn your light on because it was getting busy and you weren't doing anything but standing there "cleaning" your lane. which ended up in me getting coached because i was talking to you while a guest was in my lane.... thanks.

to those etl's who sit in AP watching the cameras - don't call me to tell me I have blinking lights.. I'm not blind - Do you see anything else going on at the front end besides the blinking lights? - such as - your gstl has gone awol and I am the only one out on the floor on a busy day.

Somewhere in my memory bank of when I occasionally watched the cameras at another job, you are not allowed to let staff know they are being watched. It has a name, but I don't recall - anyone know what that's called? Though I'm sure at target someone has named it something different then the rest of the retail world.
This never seems to be an issue with spot. Our ap even calls the fitting room to tell them to find something away from the desk to do...

To that one etl. Thank you for always being kind and not taking out your frustrations on team members. If you could be cloned, our store would run smoothly. I know you are going to go far in your career - whatever path you take - I'm hoping you will chose one away from target.

TT Other Cashiers, I'm going to print out 25 copies of the coupon policy and staple it to each and every one of your foreheads. Because every time you blatantly disregard policy the ones who actually KNOW IT (ie me, the gsas/gstls, and maybe 3-5 others) are the ones who get yelled at because X CASHIER DID IT FOR ME LAST TIME CAN I SEE A MANAGER?????

To that one ETL: It is almost 2pm and past time for me to leave. I have been here just over 7 1/2 hours. I have spent more than five of those hours helping putting up the ad. I have had maybe and an hour and a half to get through 60+ RIGs on my own while also being one of two people on the sales floor to respond to frequent calls for back up. What the hell kind of a question is "Did you scan anything today?"

@queencat, you still have a coupon policy? Ours went by the wayside a few weeks ago.. We have been told to take anything.
We do! And the leads actually care about it! But no one bothered teaching ANY of the cashiers the policy so they just blindly accept everything, i suspect even fakes.

We actually had to have our cashiers taught not to accept coupons marked for other stores. Is that a thing most Target's actually accept?

We actually had to have our cashiers taught not to accept coupons marked for other stores. Is that a thing most Target's actually accept?
IIRC if it's a manufacturer coupon that's just got "redeemable at StupidMart' on it we can take it, but if it's branded 'StupidMart Coupon' (like this or how our coupons have Target Coupon in place of manufacturer coupon) it's a no.

To my STL: If you complain about my endcaps or the cotton POG not being filled tomorrow, I will slowly beat you to death with a bag of cotton balls.

I pulled roughly four 3-tiers overflowing of endcap product to the floor. It's absolutely full. We have absolutely no more nailpolish in the backroom. I'm going to have the salesfloor full I swear to god I will not have empty shelves

IIRC if it's a manufacturer coupon that's just got "redeemable at StupidMart' on it we can take it, but if it's branded 'StupidMart Coupon' (like this or how our coupons have Target Coupon in place of manufacturer coupon) it's a no.
Huh, I guess my store just cracked down on it. If it's got any store logo that isn't ours on it, we don't take it.

The way my GSTLs taught us,

Target Coupon: OK
Manufacturer coupon, no "redeemable at": OK
Manufacturer coupon, "Redeemable At Wegmans": OK
Manufacturer coupon, "Reedemable ONLY at Wegmans": Not OK
Other store coupons: Not OK

Gstls tell me to take my break for crying out loud, half the time your awol or your standing around and dont look at the break sheet and get me. I will wave you over like i usually do but its annoying and i get sidetracked when its busy. if it's busy for hours tell me anyway, it's retail it's always gonna be busy on weekends, you don't only get breaks on slow days it's everyday. Im ringing up like im working at costco and i need a few minutes to stop my head from spinning. Thank goodness for compliance because lunch is the only break you'll come to me to take. Only one out of the three gstls is always on the dot, she's great but she usually isnt working when im there.
Sorry if i come off harsh but this has been going on since i've started and other cashiers tell me they're annoyed with it as well.

Last edited:
To those new team members:

Welcome aboard. It's alway good to have extra hands. Only time will tell if they drink the Kool Aid or become better and jaded like 90% of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back