To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
To my entire morning team: Next time there's no one at TSC, sign out your own equipment. I'm Hardlines, I can't sign equipment out for half a dozen people when I'm supposed to be on the salesfloor. You guys are lucky I'm nice.

TTOCashier: Keep an eye on your bloody lane! I heard the GSA call you back up at least three times...

TAllTheSoftlinesTM: Thanks for all your help today. I ended up helping softlines with truck and they were all good to me, along with very helpful.

tto srtl STOP! having a fellow tm txt me asking me to come in early..Do I mind coming in early ? No.However......

1. The schedule is put out generally two weeks in advance...so you know what I am scheduled . You could had asked me then. IF there is a urgent need....its not a fellow tms place to ask me...they are not my leader you are . You should be the one asking. Better yet YOU do my schedule...so just schedule me right to begin with.

2. Why the hell do you even bother asking me to come in early? EVERY time you have someone to txt me...I always check my schedule online and guess you what YOU have already changed it. So. why have someone to txt me asking me if I can come in early....when you already changed the schedule. You don't even wait for my answer!

To everyone who called out today: it's nice that you want to spend time with your mother on Mother's Day. But calling out last minute just puts a burden on everyone else who came in to work. It's really selfish.

Yeah, it was rough early yesterday. One fellow TM called out both Saturday and Sunday. Some of the other cashiers were hot. Sure, I would have liked to spend time with my four children yesterday as well, but you suck it up and make alternative plans. The actual day is overrated anyway, having to wait forever at somebody's restaurant.

Yeah, it was rough early yesterday. One fellow TM called out both Saturday and Sunday. Some of the other cashiers were hot. Sure, I would have liked to spend time with my four children yesterday as well, but you suck it up and make alternative plans. The actual day is overrated anyway, having to wait forever at somebody's restaurant.
That's sneaky. It makes it look like you had a legitimate issue that you had to take 2 days off for. I had to fill in for both instocks and electronics yesterday. It was crazy.

To the flow team that just leaves trash and baskets out on the floor, please stop. It's incredibly annoying. I shouldn't have to come in the afternoon and immediately find a basket/flat with a bunch of defectives on it. Nor should I come in and walk down sections C and D and find all the trash -- mainly styrofoam -- from a ton of boxes (mainly ones that had lamps, chairs, tables, home decorations, etc. in them) just lying on the floor. It would be nice if they would pick up their shit before they left, so people like me wouldn't have to take time out of their day to do it for them.

1. To the flow team that just leaves trash and baskets out on the floor, please stop. It's incredibly annoying. I shouldn't have to come in the afternoon and immediately find a basket/flat with a bunch of defectives on it. Nor should I come in and walk down sections C and D and find all the trash -- mainly styrofoam -- from a ton of boxes (mainly ones that had lamps, chairs, tables, home decorations, etc. in them) just lying on the floor. It would be nice if they would pick up their shit before they left, so people like me wouldn't have to take time out of their day to do it for them.
Lod's, tl's, or tm's walk By & see this? Pick me up please.

Sometimes I sound annoyed because the guest annoyed me and I managed to stay composed while the guest was on the phone but then it comes out when I make the announcement. Other times I'm actually annoyed if the call bounced back 3 times and no one responded at all. If you're with a guest, you can respond quickly. If you know there's no one in the area, tell me... And maybe volunteer to help. Otherwise, I just go look for the item if it bounces back too much. This little response might as well be "to those tms who never acknowledge sher's phone announcements.

Of course that might not have been the case with your annoyed operator haha.
We will have people call during our lunch 1/2 hour and somehow get to the operator, who calls over the walkie. Since we are the "red-headed stepchildren" of the store, we rarely actually GET walkies or PDAS and don't actually HEAR them calling. One day, I was on lunch and heard it over someone else's walkie. I had to walk out and tell her to have them call back later because nobody actually IN the pharmacy could hear her. Plus, half the time, we can't pick up the calls from other lines in the store??? Lol!

We will have people call during our lunch 1/2 hour and somehow get to the operator, who calls over the walkie. Since we are the "red-headed stepchildren" of the store, we rarely actually GET walkies or PDAS and don't actually HEAR them calling. One day, I was on lunch and heard it over someone else's walkie. I had to walk out and tell her to have them call back later because nobody actually IN the pharmacy could hear her. Plus, half the time, we can't pick up the calls from other lines in the store??? Lol!
When I used to be operator, I would sent the call to the pharmacy line... If the guest called back, I'd try the line myself. If no one picked up, I'd tell the guest to call back in 15-30 minutes. If someone did pick up, I'd give them a heads up that I was about the send them a call.
The phones are not 100% reliable and I had them crash completely once every couple of months. That was always fun.

When I used to be operator, I would sent the call to the pharmacy line... If the guest called back, I'd try the line myself. If no one picked up, I'd tell the guest to call back in 15-30 minutes. If someone did pick up, I'd give them a heads up that I was about the send them a call.
The phones are not 100% reliable and I had them crash completely once every couple of months. That was always fun.
Our pharmacy has a pda and walkie assigned to them. Although they may miss walkie calls for any number if reasons.

TTOETL: Your flow and early morning teams are not "the greatest team in the biz" because they literally do nothing. Every time I come into my cosmetics section in the morning, there's at least 1 cart of cosmetic push just sitting there, not even touched. But then you praise the girl who works that section because she always finishes her tasks. No, she always gets them out of the backroom and then leaves them. There's a difference.

TTOTL: I love you. You get me. And yes, I AM going to start sticking anonymous sticky notes on the vibe cards congratulating the flow team that say things like, "Actually, no, that was me." Good suggestion!

TTOTM: I understand that we are supposed to step out and bring the guests to our line but you don't have to A: Steal guests that were just about to enter my line. and B: stand halfway in the middle on the racetrack in front of you lane asking everyone who walks by weather they are ready to checkout, it is awkward and hearing your voice every 2 minuets makes me literally want to kill myself sometimes. :( :mad::mad:

TTOTM: I was pushing woman's champion when a guest asked me where the quilted jackets were. I knew immediately they were long gone and told her so. The guest proceeds to tell me the computer says we have them in the store. After asking a couple more questions she had the jacket at guest service and the tm up there told her we had them. I and the guest go up front and I ask her to show me my in store availability. I go behind the counter and of course it says zero. I will go out of my way to help a guest but it kills me when another tm does a half ass job.

TTOTM- The backroom is not a break room. Just because you are on a break or lunch ( I am assuming you were on break or lunch or maybe you were just mia from the front lanes)doesn't mean you need to be in the back room flirting with the new guy. He wasn't on break or lunch and had work to do like the rest of us !

Lod's, tl's, or tm's walk By & see this? Pick me up please.

Honestly, the way it looks, everyone freaking walks by it. Flow team will be out there, 10-11 AM, and I don't usually get in to close PFresh until 2:30 or 3, so in that 3-5 hour span, I'm sure there are plenty of TMs and TLs that walk by it but no one does anything and it bothers the absolute shit outta me. But oh well, it is what it is.

I'm going slightly off topic here, but I'm gonna go ahead anyway. To the vendors that supply our store, please do your freaking job correctly, and actually put in some effort. I mean, my God almighty, I don't know what I have to do but I'm thoroughly convinced we have the worst vendors out of all Target stores. Being a vendor does not appear to be rocket science. There's only select few that seem to be worth a damn. The rest are horrible; all the bread vendors (except for Thomas english muffins/bagels), the Coke guys, the Snyder's Pretzels guy, the Mission dude, the milk vendor, the Edy's guy, and I think I'm missing a couple others -- are just terrible. There is absolutely ZERO explanation as to why we should run out of bread. None, whatsoever. We shouldn't run out of milk, either. We sell a ton of those Outshine bars, but they seem to prefer it to run bare. And if we have an endcap for Coke product and another one for Dasani water, there is no reason why we should only have just 10 12-packs (and they're all Dr. Pepper) on one and 4 Dasani's on the other. It just does not make any sense to me and it bugs the absolute shit outta me to constantly deal with these guys and constantly have to give them red's on the vendor survey. So damn frustrating. I wish we could get new vendors. The Pepsi guys, the Pepperidge Farm dude, the Frito-Lay guy and the Thomas vendor (because he's actually trying and putting in effort) are the only ones worth keeping, in my opinion. I hate vendors. End rant.

EDIT: I'm also tired of taking DiGiorno pizzas out of the freezer because the guy loads a whole buncha crap in there and it messes up the air flow of the freezers. I take some out and they magically appear back again. A neverending process, apparently. And I never see him either. He's like a damn ninja.

Last edited:
TTOTM: I understand that we are supposed to step out and bring the guests to our line but you don't have to A: Steal guests that were just about to enter my line. and B: stand halfway in the middle on the racetrack in front of you lane asking everyone who walks by weather they are ready to checkout, it is awkward and hearing your voice every 2 minuets makes me literally want to kill myself sometimes. :( :mad::mad:
Haha, do you work at my store? I have a cashier that can't help herself who has some irritating behavior patterns...

To my STL: I just want to say that I feel very lucky to have you lead my store. You're always hands on with work, you have a friendly attitude, and you always make yourself available when someone needs help. You haven't pissed me off once in the six months you've been working here and I can't say that about many other team members. Keep doing what you're doing.

Last edited:
To that one FATM: You didn't get the weekend off for your trip with your BFFs but that's ok 'cause you called out anyway.
Good thing I didn't have any family plans since I just LOVE pulling doubles :mad: & I'll be working tomorrow since you already called out for THAT day too.
Hope you get food poisoning on your trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back