To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find the thing about Aldi really funny because my family used to shop there a ton and apparently my STL used to be one of their DMs.

Most of our BRTMs come across as exasperated when someone calls for an item, but they always have a shitload of stuff to do and people asking them to stop and do something else. Although they would never ask anyone to pull it themselves unless it was in the electronics stockroom on the other side of the store.

And when they pull an item, 95% of the time they will put it on the line and the person who called back will come and get it. The only time backroom should be bringing items up front is if they are specifically asked to do so because the person calling back cannot leave their workstation (like the GSTM).

I always try to respect the fact that people are busy. And true about them putting the item on the line, but if I'm working fitting room/operator (and half the time the ONLY person in softlines), I can't go get it myself. I tell them I'm talking to a guest on the phone and ask them to bring the item up front but they never seem to get it.

TTOHRTM: your refusal to actually do your job and approve people's availability changes for education (ie, college) cost me significantly on my review because of the attendance coachings your negligence caused, such as scheduling me when you knew damn well I was still in the middle of class downtown without timely transportation at rush hour. Oh, and once you start doing your actual job, try putting things like the universal locker key back when you're done with it.

Ttotl: keep being condescending as if I don't know my damn job and I'm not gonna be able to not cuss you out any longer.

My tl has started her annual questioning of what I'm doing with my time. She does this every year before she counts the ways I allegedly suck in her little review. They're always talking about being global and helping out other areas if we're nearby. I'm not by my reshop cart because I'm helping some lady with pillows for the second time in 3 days. I walk from the direction of the backroom with a cart with pillows and my tl asks me where I've been. Am I supposed to walkie her every time I answer a hl callbox or walk away to help a guest? Also, if she were doing her work, she wouldn't have even noticed I wasn't in my area. But as a tl, I feel like during her search for me, she should've noticed that beautiful ass swimwear zone, that accessory convertible zone, the sunglass endcap zone (my entire cart was tiny accessories for some reason so I couldn't ignore it).

If you wanna know where I am at any given moment, use your walkie. Don't look by my cart because I usually park my cart wherever it'll be out of the way for guests to move about. I've found it easier to bring a basket to carry the small girls' items (bows, headbands, bracelets, sunglasses, etc) around the dept.

To all those new TMs:

Why yes, I sleep on the couch often. A lot. Get used to it and stop giving me them funny looks and if you all last more than two weeks you'll understand my absolute burning desire to pass the fuck out on the couch.

Ttotl: keep being condescending as if I don't know my damn job and I'm not gonna be able to not cuss you out any longer.

Must be a softlines TL thing. Mine is a real pain. She's never satisfied no matter how hard I bust my butt. She doesn't understand being tied up because you are busy with a guest because she avoids them as much as possible. When, heaven forbid, she has to cover the phones, she whines and complains and whatnot.

Whoa whoa whoa! Maybe they look at you funny cause you snore or talk in your sleep!
Nah, if anything the weirdest thing is I ball up and sleep cat style

A TM woke me up when I was sleeping up there like "hey all the new people were lookin at you funny"

Nah, if anything the weirdest thing is I ball up and sleep cat style

A TM woke me up when I was sleeping up there like "hey all the new people were lookin at you funny"
I, too, sleep cat style. Once had to videotape another TM because he didn't think he snored during his breakroom naps when he actually did.

TTOTM: you followed me into the office after I walked OUT of the pharmacy wearing my CVS name badge, told the PM "I'll let you know on those other days," input the code to the door MYSELF, then got my stuff out of the CVS ONLY lockers. Was there REALLY a need to ask "can I help you? Only TMs are allowed in here..."?!?!?! "Nah....I just thought I'd store my personal belongings in here while I shopped at your store":rolleyes:

TTOTM: you followed me into the office after I walked OUT of the pharmacy wearing my CVS name badge, told the PM "I'll let you know on those other days," input the code to the door MYSELF, then got my stuff out of the CVS ONLY lockers. Was there REALLY a need to ask "can I help you? Only TMs are allowed in here..."?!?!?! "Nah....I just thought I'd store my personal belongings in here while I shopped at your store":rolleyes:
Wow! I'm so sorry you guys are going through that crap!

Wow! I'm so sorry you guys are going through that crap!
I think it was mostly that he didn't recognize me because I was filling in at a different store, but still. Had he not seen me leave the pharmacy and say something to the PM, I may not have been as irritated at the entire situation. I'm fairly used to not being recognized because I float to different stores from time to time (worked at 3 this week.) I usually am asked "are you new?" Not chastised for being there!

You have a couch? Where is it - the break room? I want a couch dammit.
We have two, actually! They're up in TSC. Though to be more accurate, one is a couch and the one I pass out on is a futon. I pray for the day it goes on clearance at my store. It's the Room Essentials grey futon.

We had a futon in ours but too many TMs would crash on it during lunch & it went away after a corp visit.

To that TM who's closing with me tonight, don't come to me with all this worry about the back of a freaking table on a night when everyone on the floor has put in over an hour of backup time. The table doesn't even look as bad as you lead me to believe. The opener can finish it in 5 minutes if we don't... But we will because there's still 40 minutes left (I'm on my last 15)

TTOGSTL... why would you tell me off in front of a guest? I didn't do anything! Then you go, oh I'm just telling everybody I want them to do (whatever). Then, tell everybody and don't be rude.

TTOAP: how many times? how many times does leadership need to tell you to calm down? You aren't in charge and you can't talk to tms like they are stupid three-year-olds. You're not my father or my boss. You are my coworker. You got a request or something to say? That's fine, but cut the condescending crap. I won't take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back