To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ours has bubbles in it so when you step on it, it "pops" and scars the crap out of you....whoever put it down did a TERRIBLE job!!!

You try putting down decals on the floor and see how easy it is.

When dealing with a huge sheet of sticker, even with a squeegee and water, it is difficult to get it to lay flat. (I've done way too many of these and have spent more time than i should have, just to get the air bubbles out).

I curse the person who came up with the spiderman floor decal. Trying to get it around an endcap was a pain.

And let's talk about removing it. We have permanent dirt marks around the decals on the floor (from 5% off, the various toy ones (spiderman, hulk, etc.), toy deal of the day) and they keep asking me what those marks are...um...ask Corporate...they're the ones who decided it was a brilliant idea to have decals on the floor, which leaves an outline of the decal when removed, and not even the cleaning crew can get the lines to go away.

the best way to deal with the pops/crackles is to cut the air bubble, and lay it flat. looks bad, but at least it's not crunchy anymore.

When dealing with a huge sheet of sticker, even with a squeegee and water, it is difficult to get it to lay flat. (I've done way too many of these and have spent more time than i should have, just to get the air bubbles out).

I curse the person who came up with the spiderman floor decal. Trying to get it around an endcap was a pain.

And let's talk about removing it. We have permanent dirt marks around the decals on the floor (from 5% off, the various toy ones (spiderman, hulk, etc.), toy deal of the day) and they keep asking me what those marks are...um...ask Corporate...they're the ones who decided it was a brilliant idea to have decals on the floor, which leaves an outline of the decal when removed, and not even the cleaning crew can get the lines to go away.

the best way to deal with the pops/crackles is to cut the air bubble, and lay it flat. looks bad, but at least it's not crunchy anymore.

sounds like one of those damn screenprotectors only ... much worse

Good advice NOP.

The only way to get off the stain left around the edges of a previous sticker is to have the floor crew strip and rewax that area.

To that one TM in Electronics: You might be one of the biggest slackers I know, but I really appreciated your help zoning the last few aisles of Toys.

To that one Hardlines TL (formerly the "new GSTL"): Before you go on about picking up the pace with my zone, getting ALL the re-shop pushed, and helping zone Domestics, you try zoning Toys on a Friday night and see how long it takes you to get through it between CIHYFS, back-up cashing, and helping the new TM in Domestics with 5 team lifts.

To that one TM at Guest Service: Thank you for not killing me for the massive amount of re-shop I gave you from Toys.

To all the closing LODs, I want to be able to help with reshop and ad takedown. No, I don't know how. And I realize there isn't much time after closing, but when else do you expect me to learn? To have you all say, "oh, we need to show you how to do that" and then send me off to zone because you don't want to put in the effort is frustrating. The time it takes you that night to show me will be a huge help to you in the future. BP says you should take the time to train me.

To the LOD tonight....I've been here over two months. Feel free to learn my name anytime now.

To the DTL, even though we've never met, I really do appreciate the GTC (my second ever). But it would have been even cooler if you would have taken the effort to spell my name right.

To the LOD tonight....I've been here over two months. Feel free to learn my name anytime now.

I had one ETL that took over 4 months to learn my name...it's not that hard and at the time we had 4 people with the same name on the team. (it's an odd name but not that odd especially in the area of the country I am in now)
to the STL-thanks for being honest about how long it will take for me to get into my new area. (I am now cosmetics brand but am getting 25% of my hours over there and the rest in fitting room/softlines) Thank you for making sure I knew how much I am going to be missed in my current area and for understanding why I felt like I had to move.

to the 2 tm's whose last days were today- good luck to the one!! you were a great addition to the team, even in the short time you were here!! to the other-good luck to the poor schmucks who hired you!! You were constantly on report for call outs and had one of the lousiest work ethics when you were "there."

To that one TM: Please, just stop. You are so ****ing desperate. Yes, the new transfer in hardlines is attractive, but she mentioned her boyfriend about 20 times and you still don't get the hint.

To the DTL, even though we've never met, I really do appreciate the GTC (my second ever). But it would have been even cooler if you would have taken the effort to spell my name right.

I shouldn't have laughed, but I did.

We have a TM at my store who, despite having a legal name of one gender, prefers to be called by their middle name and referred to with pronouns of the other gender. While I personally do not have a problem with this at all (I've dealt with similar situations and in the past and have had friendships with a few people dealing with gender identity), the other TMs and TLs at my store are completely boggled by this.

I imagine the TM in question is about three seconds away from full meltdown.

to the 2 tm's whose last days were today- good luck to the one!! you were a great addition to the team, even in the short time you were here!! to the other-good luck to the poor schmucks who hired you!! You were constantly on report for call outs and had one of the lousiest work ethics when you were "there."

preach.

one of our TMs last day was yesterday, which was the unofficial start to peak-week.
She kept coming by electronics expecting us to shed tears or throw a parade for her.
I'm like grrl, for serious, cut this out, I has guests all over the place.

To the two TMs who called in/NCNS today: ugh. May you wake up with hairy thighs.

To the LOD who didn't bother to tell the GSA his closing cashier called out: that was unhelpful.

To all the TMs that worked until close: the LOD asked us to stay an extra 15 minutes. Everyone said no but the GSA and other TL that was there. And me. I was the only TM to say yes. Thanks for making me look good.

to that one cashier who turns his light off right as the lanes are getting packed and there's only like 3 lanes open.& the next day i come in and your lane is off and you're staring into space and i'm like "are you leaving, i can take over your register." -"no, i'm not leaving" *while giving me a go to hell look* really, dude? none of the gstls say anything to him because he's on point on getting atleast a good 5 surveys per shift.

To the two TMs who called in/NCNS today: ugh. May you wake up with hairy thighs.

To the LOD who didn't bother to tell the GSA his closing cashier called out: that was unhelpful.

To all the TMs that worked until close: the LOD asked us to stay an extra 15 minutes. Everyone said no but the GSA and other TL that was there. And me. I was the only TM to say yes. Thanks for making me look good.

happened to me the other day too.. we had 3 people call out so the gstl was asking people like crazy to stay over, (i was already working 8 hours - minus the 45 min. lunch so 7 hrs & 15) so i volunteered. made me look wonderful too!

to that one TM who's in his 40's that flirts with me every chance he gets knowing that i'm still a teenager. thanks for the compliments, too bad you're still annoying to me. lolol

to some of my fellow backroom tms, some of you have helped me alot, but sometimes you guys are F****** stupid and lazy! you cant pull a simple pallet by yourself with a pallet jack because your old? why are you even working Logistics if you cant eve use simple equipment? i shouldnt have to walk to the other side of the store just to move somthing that you can do yourselves

To that on ETL knew that the closing Guest Service Desk TM called off in the morning and didn't bother finding someone to cover the shift leaving us without a Guest Service Desk Tm...We despise you at the moment.

To that on ETL knew that the closing Guest Service Desk TM called off in the morning and didn't bother finding someone to cover the shift leaving us without a Guest Service Desk Tm...We despise you at the moment.

Yeah, I'm getting sick of the "let's not cover it and run our team ragged and save on labor hours in the process" way of doing things.

To that one TM...just tell them to take you off the cashiering schedule. I'm so sick of you not actually cashiering when you are on the schedule to do so. And it certainly isn't fair for us to be calling salesfloor for backup so you can chat at guest services, play with the strays, wander off the floor, etc. it's getting old, quickly.

to those 2 tm's today-I have been teasing everybody that my brain has disappeared...thanks so much for the giggles because I think yours really did. Asking for a note from the LOD because you were going to be late to your next job (when you were the one who dilly dallyed around and only for a few minutes) was priceless. The other one I am going to put up as new AND a minor still (you know our brains aren't completely developed until we are 26 or so).

to the ETL's and TL's- I really would just like to be let loose in my area and these 4 hour shifts are just not almost worth coming into work for, especially if I am the ONLY tm responding to back up calls. I am also tired of the mixed signals I am getting...somehow I think it's because you all aren't talking to each other either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back