To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once in a while, it happens but if that is your SOP? You do NOT know how to manage your time properly.
I'd think that having to leave 15 minutes early means you can't properly manage your time. You're giving yourself a buffer specifically so you don't have to manage your time.

If an ETL knows that you're close to compliance, but stops you anyway, I would say they share more of the burden. They're at a higher paygrade, they're leadership, they should know better. Unless you're literally on fire, it can wait until after lunch.

I'd think that having to leave 15 minutes early means you can't properly manage your time. You're giving yourself a buffer specifically so you don't have to manage your time.

If an ETL knows that you're close to compliance, but stops you anyway, I would say they share more of the burden. They're at a higher paygrade, they're leadership, they should know better. Unless you're literally on fire, it can wait until after lunch.

If aren't early you are late.. I give that buffer cause guests happen, and its never a quick question. But we agree about ETL's should know better but we all know they don't..

TTOETL: ok seriously you have been starring at the stupid grid for 3 solid minutes without blinking so how HOW are you gonna ask me who is here?! Do you not read??? No wonder softlines is run like a runaway wagon led by rabid squirrels! Gah!

No, if you are taking your lunch 15 minutes before you hit compliance you are accounting for getting stopped by a guest or geting another task thrown on you.

If an ETL knows that you're close to compliance, but stops you anyway, I would say they share more of the burden

The problem with this thinking is you are responsible for your own compliance. You sign a form at orientation that you won't hit it.

Not excusing what the etl did, they do that crap all the time. Considering in some states compliance can get you fired, it's not worth playing it so close to 5/6 hours that one minute makes all the difference.

CYA

Last edited:
Didn't think that would cause such a stir, it was my first time ever hitting compliance. Not like I was going on lunch, I was going home for the day. I wasn't even suppose to be there. Usually I go on my lunch a hour to 30 minutes before hitting compliance. What annoyed me was that he complained about me hitting compliance, even though when he stopped me, I told him I had too run. Oh well. Not too mention that sfs was backed up

Didn't think that would cause such a stir, it was my first time ever hitting compliance. Not like I was going on lunch, I was going home for the day. I wasn't even suppose to be there. Usually I go on my lunch a hour to 30 minutes before hitting compliance. What annoyed me was that he complained about me hitting compliance, even though when he stopped me, I told him I had too run. Oh well

I’ve been told even if you are staying late and it’s going to be 6hr exactly you still have to take a lunch not to hit compliance

I’ve been told even if you are staying late and it’s going to be 6hr exactly you still have to take a lunch not to hit compliance

I leave 15min early. I am not taking a lunch to leave 30min later.. With some jobs that isn't really possible, but others its more than possible.

You don't have to take a lunch as long as you make sure to leave before your 6th hour. Don't cut it too close though or you risk hitting meal compliance.

Last edited:
Didn't think that would cause such a stir, it was my first time ever hitting compliance. Not like I was going on lunch, I was going home for the day. I wasn't even suppose to be there. Usually I go on my lunch a hour to 30 minutes before hitting compliance. What annoyed me was that he complained about me hitting compliance, even though when he stopped me, I told him I had too run. Oh well. Not too mention that sfs was backed up

We had a store in my district get audited a couple years ago. The fines are legitimately thousands of dollars each violation.

Also because compliance is a metric store leaders are judged on. A store red ytd for compliance can cost your leader a performance bonus

Recently got scheduled for a bunch of 5.5 hr shifts so will be feeling your pain soon with the breaks!
We’re a 6-hr state, but in the past I’ve been scheduled/told to take a lunch break even if only scheduled for 5 hours.
For upcoming shifts, planning to tell them that I will be fine without lunch for 5.5 hours and will be careful to clock out right on time. I usually stay late since we always have call-outs, but if I’m scheduled 5.5 hours then I will leave right at 5.5...sorry I can’t stay...

Recently got scheduled for a bunch of 5.5 hr shifts so will be feeling your pain soon with the breaks!
We’re a 6-hr state, but in the past I’ve been scheduled/told to take a lunch break even if only scheduled for 5 hours.
For upcoming shifts, planning to tell them that I will be fine without lunch for 5.5 hours and will be careful to clock out right on time. I usually stay late since we always have call-outs, but if I’m scheduled 5.5 hours then I will leave right at 5.5...sorry I can’t stay...

I am in a 5hr state and they hammer on us to take lunch at 4 and half hours so if I was in a 6hr state they would be hammering on you to take your lunch when you are scheduled to leave, no way would I sit there so I would work a half hour.. Nope not happening.

I am in a 5hr state and they hammer on us to take lunch at 4 and half hours so if I was in a 6hr state they would be hammering on you to take your lunch when you are scheduled to leave, no way would I sit there so I would work a half hour.. Nope not happening.

5 hour state here as well. It got so bad here they had to start scheduling people their lunches.

TTOGSA who was a total jerk to me for being 15 minutes late because I got into a car accident on the way to work: I’m glad you’re no longer employed by target.

(He knew I was in a car accident and was going to be late, btw, since I let our STL know and she told the front end)

TTOGSA who was a total jerk to me for being 15 minutes late because I got into a car accident on the way to work: I’m glad you’re no longer employed by target.

(He knew I was in a car accident and was going to be late, btw, since I let our STL know and she told the front end)

Karma will take care of it, you may not see it but it will happen..

So think I’ll get much resistance when I tell them I’d rather not take a lunch at the recommended 5hr in time? I’ve had one 5.5 hr shift before and didn’t know better so I took a 30 in the middle of it as scheduled, so guessing I’ll be scheduled one for these shifts as well...

So think I’ll get much resistance when I tell them I’d rather not take a lunch at the recommended 5hr in time? I’ve had one 5.5 hr shift before and didn’t know better so I took a 30 in the middle of it as scheduled, so guessing I’ll be scheduled one for these shifts as well...
at my store they would just have you leave after 4:55

You are working a shift a lunch isn't required.

Six hour state here. My store regularly schedules 5.5 and 5.75 hour shift specifically so that they don't have to
give you a break.

Six hour state here. My store regularly schedules 5.5 and 5.75 hour shift specifically so that they don't have to
give you a break.

Some team members find this preferable they do get a paid break but are paid for every minute they are at the store. Rather than having to take an unpaid meal.

TtoMobiletm: it was my first time doing Electronics by my self, you were definitely a big help. Much appreciated

Ttotl: thanks for being so chill, I know you asked me to zone books, since I told you it wasn't going to look perfect or be done, you understood and said I'd eventually get the hang of it

Some team members find this preferable they do get a paid break but are paid for every minute they are at the store. Rather than having to take an unpaid meal.
Everyone at my store prefers this. If scheduled for a 12 to 6:30, they will always ask if they can just leave at 5:50.

give you a break.

Yeah, I’d assume this is why I was scheduled for 5.5 hour shifts, except the GSA/GSTLs insist on making me take a lunch break “just in case” and because it’s policy to take it by the time you hit 5 hours (in a 6 hour state).
Today I tried to refuse and said I would leave before 5.5 hours in (as scheduled). They said to check with HR and HRTM told me to go with what the GSA said...
Then they asked if I could stay late anyway (8 fallouts today) so it didn’t end up mattering. Hoping I see the ETL-HR soon because these shifts are the worst otherwise!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back