To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
TTOGSTL: I really like how you hold team members accountable and will back them up when needed. However, I don't know what you expect me to do if you tell me not to hold large bills up to the light in order to check if they are counterfeit or not. I was already warned by another GSTL about a transaction in which I accepted counterfeit $100 bills. I am really shaky on determining if the bill is counterfeit or not by feel, and if we feel that it is counterfeit, wouldn't calling a GSTL/GSA over be almost the same as holding the bill up and checking for the watermark be the same thing? In both cases, wouldn't it be "accusing" the guest of using counterfeit money?
Use the counterfeit pens for 50s and 100s

I always use the counterfeit pens, but another GSTL warned me previously that during a transaction, I had accepted counterfeit $100 bills that passed the counterfeit pen "test", so that's why I had been checking for watermarks in case for counterfeit bills that passed the counterfeit pen.

TTOTM who took down all the jewelry before the remodel, you probably shouldn't have thrown everything in one box. It took us over two hours today to scan through everything for price change, not to mention detangling the necklaces. In fact, there is one box of necklaces that are so hopelessly tangled they will have to be defected out. Good job!

I'm so over the remodel. Every day things are in a new location, clearance is everywhere, and overnight keeps leaving random baskets of items and garbage everywhere.

My store has boxes upon boxes. Yellow is pass, Black is fail.
We have two different types of counterfeit pens at my store. One of them is just like you described, but recently, we got a new one which puts a very thin coat of like water or some liquid on it and it actually tests the ink instead of the paper. Real money is printed with a special ink that never bleeds and the pen will cause the ink to bleed if it’s fake. Kind of a cool idea.

Counterfeit pens are largely useless, as a lot of counterfeit bills are printed on washed $1 bills and the like so they pass the pen test.

I was taught to hold them up and look for the watermark, as well as feeling the corners or whatnot for texture.

We have two different types of counterfeit pens at my store. One of them is just like you described, but recently, we got a new one which puts a very thin coat of like water or some liquid on it and it actually tests the ink instead of the paper. Real money is printed with a special ink that never bleeds and the pen will cause the ink to bleed if it’s fake. Kind of a cool idea.

Huh. I have not seen these. I wonder if rubbing alcohol would do the same thing.

Counterfeit pens are largely useless, as a lot of counterfeit bills are printed on washed $1 bills and the like so they pass the pen test.

I was taught to hold them up and look for the watermark, as well as feeling the corners or whatnot for texture.
That's exactly what I think. I was warned about accepting counterfeit bills that passed the pen "test", so I guess they are really useless.

TTOGSTL: I really like how you hold team members accountable and will back them up when needed. However, I don't know what you expect me to do if you tell me not to hold large bills up to the light in order to check if they are counterfeit or not. I was already warned by another GSTL about a transaction in which I accepted counterfeit $100 bills. I am really shaky on determining if the bill is counterfeit or not by feel, and if we feel that it is counterfeit, wouldn't calling a GSTL/GSA over be almost the same as holding the bill up and checking for the watermark be the same thing? In both cases, wouldn't it be "accusing" the guest of using counterfeit money?

We use the scanners for 20s and higher

TTOhlTM: you just demerched a corrugated display shipper of games that was in the racetrack by electronics. Why the bleep are the games in my reshop at Guest Services when you were closer to both the correct toy aisle AND the back room????

TTOGSTM: Sorry that you feel the need to be a jerk to me whenever we work together and talk badly about me because you're jealous that I work more hours than you even though you've been working for much longer. Maybe if you weren't so concerned with drama, stuck in your ways, and were actually open to working as a team and learning a thing or two you would have actually moved up somehow

TTO-ETL: I wish you luck. Not only do you have Softlines to run, but now Hardlines? That is not fair for the STL to throw additional responsibilities on your plate. Wish I can help, if I wan't in a similar situation.

Another former Logistics TM switched to Salesfloor who quit once hours weren't given to that individual. Kinda tired of seeing good people leave. Sigh.

TTOElectronicsTM: Pro tip: don't take a 25 minute fifteen when it's late in the evening and the person covering you has to leave and will totally hand your keys off to the LOD. It's not a good look.
Or take a 45 minute fifteen when LOD is waiting for team member covering to come back to help in dairy and starts asking every 5 minutes if he’s back yet...

Ooooh...that's actually kind of lame on the LOD. In this case the LOD (our HR ETL, no less) was on her way over to the breakroom to fetch him when he came out.

But still. Don't make the HR ETL start coming to fetch you from break.

Also, while I'm at it, HL TM that was supposed to be doing pulls--I'm pretty sure none of the pulls you were supposed to be working were in electronics, let alone at the boat, so why were you there for the entire 2 hours we overlapped on shift? You're not an electronics TM, as much as you may want to be, and you certainly won't be one, as you may not think people don't notice you pretty much do nothing, but they do.

And "TLOD" do you even TL? Yeah, great, you were on vacation, but you're supposed to, yanno, know what people are supposed to be doing that night and assign break coverage and whatnot. Our HR ETL shouldn't need to be doing that for you. Let alone two nights in a row. I get that you're softlines and all, and yet there are SL TLs that are perfectly capable of, yanno, doing their fucking jobs, even for HL, when they're TLOD.

TTOTMs........ I know A&A is a H U G E challenge. I know it seems like we're on this hamster wheel going nowhere. I know we try a different strategy (often) to break thru the madness. I know you are frustrated; a little worn down; and are running a little low on hope. Today was especially brutal.
But please know this: I AM IN AWE OF ALL OF YOU !!!!! You come in every single day and give me your BEST ! You come in every single day and push your red sleeves up and hustle to get through crazy-town ! You come in every single day and genuinely help our Guests and each other !! I RESPECT YOU ALL !!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back