To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Target fashion designer is probably "best-ies" with the moron who purchases our hangers. For the love of God(dess)....... buy wider hangers w/ grippers on the shoulders !!!!!!! I must have picked up 100+ women's screen tees off the floor today. Spend the extra pennies for better hangers, Target !!!!!

TTOTM, I can totally see how this would be confusing, seeing as how we only have a half-dozen or so other ottomans out in that aisle, but when you push an ottoman out to the floor, you do need to remove it from the box first.

Guests. Can't see the ottoman. When it's in the box. So they won't buy it. FYI.

/\ lol oh man this might out me but oh well, this week some kid came to our backroom and pulled an ottoman for a guest, well it was backstocked in shoes which was weird but i was in a rush so i helped him pull it down, and he handed the box off to the guest like that. Never opened it to check or anything, even with all the tape all over the box.

WELL, turns out it was in the shoe section because it HAD shoes in the box! some idiot tm thought that the tag on the box was an assortment tag, so backstocked it that way. The guest came back fuming because they opened it and had a giant box of shoes in it.

TtoLoD
Bruh, today was a disaster. First of all getting a Hardlines person to help me to finish my electronics push is insulting when the remaining of the push was just a few video games and other miscellaneous items. He didn't understand why he was there too.

Second of all. Having to do SFS while trying to cover Electronics was a shitty ass idea especially seeing how the Hardlines tm who you sent to help me earlier is one of the Electronics tm, and you wanted me to keep my keys and stay on 1 for the calls when he was there, he could've covered.

3. Then you had that same tm actually help out at SFS, which meant we had no electronics trained tms on the floor, nor did you want me to give my keys away to Softlines, to be fair the only competent tm there was doing the rfid scan. Then guests and other tms are getting mad at me for that decision??!?

4. Pressuring us not to INF anything made things worse, and it was an absolute shit show when our rfid gun died, and we had no gun to scan with. Thanks for telling me not to take a break because you were paranoid that the remaining 4 things I had would get cancelled we almost hit compliance

Also ttoBRtm, god bless you for INFing the rest of picks so we could reach goals, taking one for the team.

/\ lol oh man this might out me but oh well, this week some kid came to our backroom and pulled an ottoman for a guest, well it was backstocked in shoes which was weird but i was in a rush so i helped him pull it down, and he handed the box off to the guest like that. Never opened it to check or anything, even with all the tape all over the box.

WELL, turns out it was in the shoe section because it HAD shoes in the box! some idiot tm thought that the tag on the box was an assortment tag, so backstocked it that way. The guest came back fuming because they opened it and had a giant box of shoes in it.
As someone who has worked in the backroom, I'd say it's pretty easy to miss a mispick on a box of shoes. Because it's a giant box of what's clearly shoes, and says "shoes spring transition" in big letters on multiple sides. It's clearly a box of shoes so they backstocked it in the shoes aisle without noticing the label.

I don't understand how someone could take that box and NOT immediately know it was shoes.

As someone who has worked in the backroom, I'd say it's pretty easy to miss a mispick on a box of shoes. Because it's a giant box of what's clearly shoes, and says "shoes spring transition" in big letters on multiple sides. It's clearly a box of shoes so they backstocked it in the shoes aisle without noticing the label.

I don't understand how someone could take that box and NOT immediately know it was shoes.
actually not an idiot move...the label was a mispick and they just assumed the label to be correct. Happens a lot when you're trying to clear backstock from truck or something in a timely manner. Sucks but it makes for a funny discovery during pulls.

called in today and had a friend who was working today message me saying I'm a NCNS because I never showed up for my shift.

all of my whats, gonna have to deal with this next time I work.
I hate that feeling. Twice now it was a false alarm. Clerical error by HR once and second she never signed off on the shift on paper but changed my schedule online anyway. I never checked the online one since they tell me not to and it wasn't signed off when I went home the day before...so yeah why go in? Come in the next day to some shameful feelings thinking I was really a NCNS when they said I was. She was so apologetic both times. Hope it was false for you. It sucks to get a NCNS by some stupid error when you could easily get one due to an emergency and bam...that's two NCNS in 6 months. GL keeping your job. Scary.

That Target fashion designer is probably "best-ies" with the moron who purchases our hangers. For the love of God(dess)....... buy wider hangers w/ grippers on the shoulders !!!!!!! I must have picked up 100+ women's screen tees off the floor today. Spend the extra pennies for better hangers, Target !!!!!
as a backroom guy moving z racks out of my way to get to an aisle...that softlines likes to block because it's near theirs...grrr...fuck those hangers..clothes falls off just moving the damn z racks and I gotta spend 3 minutes stringing them out from between the racks and finding the right hangers they belong to...because I cannot be a dick and just put them on the wrong hangers, it's not their fault they fell on the ground....fsadlkjfasdlkjfj but seriously some of these hangers that they come shipped in during truck do not hold them on unless 100% stationary. I don't understand the logic. They basically made me take a 3 minute break from my tasks to fix an issue that happens nearly everyday to someone if not me. So add that to the extra minutes we spend traveling to break and back...forgetful extra minutes in the breakroom and such and you're adding so much time to when they aren't doing the tasks the metrics so desperately depend on....UGH

Hilarious as a backroom team member to know so many actual team leads do not know this. I wish they'd have been taught this but it's retail and training is a joke.
I mean, I'm not a TL, but I doubt my PPTL knows it either. The BR must know it since they set the pog stuff (or, at least, what they think is pog stuff) aside even when we don't tell them to do our pulls and it must drop into the CAFs. Does it have the same effect if we don't drop a batch when we set the pog? Our SrTL-BR has been telling us not to drop the batch if we don't think we'll be able to push it, but since it says if we don't drop it immediately it'll come out in the next scheduled batch, I'm not sure what difference it actually makes.

As an aside, I'd love to hear what non-Spot people think "drop a batch when we set the pog" means.

I think our Plano uses it as a strategy. Set everything. Don’t pull the batches and it all comes out in the autos anyway. So they don’t have to pull or actually set the product.

actually not an idiot move...the label was a mispick and they just assumed the label to be correct. Happens a lot when you're trying to clear backstock from truck or something in a timely manner. Sucks but it makes for a funny discovery during pulls.
That's what I said?

I think our Plano uses it as a strategy. Set everything. Don’t pull the batches and it all comes out in the autos anyway. So they don’t have to pull or actually set the product.
I drop a batch if it's a lot of product, and let it come out in the CAFs if it's only a "normal" amount of product. Seems to make sense to me, I guess.

You would be pleased with our remodel team right now .
They tied everything in domestic , and didn’t pull a thing !
Well , couple of days later , it dropped in the CAF , 1 batch was 33 hrs ...
BR TL blew a fuse ... and life goes on ...

Great. My store is getting a remodel this summer. #pleasepull

Another ETL gone. TTO-ETL: Thanks for the advice and good luck in your future endeavors.

TTO-TMs : To every TM who has sought advice from me in regards to Logistics and why remaining Leadership and DTL have no open communication nor strategy... I'm sorry for their screw-ups. Good luck in your future endeavors. E2E has destroyed our store.

This last part. From the STL to a certain TL: "You talk too much."

tenor.gif

Please don't do that.

- Sincerely, every backroom TM
Oops.

Functionally, though, I don't think it actually ends up making a difference because our STL tells BR not to pull the pog fills so they just end up dropping into the autos anyway.

To that one DTL:

You are one insane woman. We worked so hard to make sales this month. We managed our payroll carefully. You calling me on a Friday to ask if we can cut 20 hours to help other stores that missed payroll is insane!

I'm not going to screw our team members out of hours because some other idiot can't manage his payroll.

Plus if I make payroll by too much. I am losing those hours next year.

I know you're a Barbie doll and have bonuses to earn. But I have tms literally on food stamps. Their hours have suffered plenty this month , enough is enough

Last edited:
To that one DTL:

You are one insane woman. We worked so hard to make sales this month. We managed our payroll carefully. You calling me on a Friday to ask if we can cut 20 hours to help other stores that missed payroll is insane!

I'm not going to screw our team members out of hours because some other idiot can't manage his payroll.

I know you're a Barbie doll and have bonuses to earn. But I have tms literally on food stamps. There hours have suffered plenty this month , enough is enough

Love, love, love this post. High Fives for you, Chest Bumps for you, Hugs for you, Rose petals at your feet........ Tons of RESPECT for you for standing up for your Team and protecting them.

To that one DTL:

I know you're a Barbie doll and have bonuses to earn. But I have tms literally on food stamps. There hours have suffered plenty this month , enough is enough

So did you cut ANY hours?

As a TM, I love your attitude for that request. However, when your boss's boss make such a request, especially if you're caught off guard, how do you diplomatically say no?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back