To that one Team Member I - ARCHIVED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ttoetl. . . You didnt schedule us for this stupid meeting and you had it purposely outside our availability. . .no you cant coach me on it and no I will not listen to your angry rant filled with very unprofessional statements. Also telling us it should have been on our schedule and implying we make our own schedules is laughable at best. I cant wait until they can your ass.

Last edited:
To the new cashier that applied for AP but got rejected because you’re a minor:

STAY THE HELL OUT OF OUR WAY! There is zero reason for you to leave your lane with a line of people waiting, mid transaction, leaving the register signed in, to “help us out” with an uncooperative apprehension. We have no less than three AP team members in the building at any point from open to close except for the first few hours of the day. There is a reason we have specialized training for that.

By the way, the “subject” you tripped wasn’t actually the subject. It was THE DAMN APTL. Who now has stitches in his forehead. The REAL subject got away with about $800 of OTC/Pharmacy. Thanks, for that. Enjoy your new job at somewhere-other-than-here.

lmao, would it surprise if this kid was an accomplice of the subject?

TTOTM: you mocked something I used to be bullied for (when I was a teenager) yesterday. You didn't know I was bullied for it ...but you still felt like making fun of me.

I'm not the only one that's noticed your terrible mood lately, and now, you're making fun of something that got me bullied in the past.

I can't wait until karma lays the smack down on you.

TTOTM: you mocked something I used to be bullied for (when I was a teenager) yesterday. You didn't know I was bullied for it ...but you still felt like making fun of me.

I'm not the only one that's noticed your terrible mood lately, and now, you're making fun of something that got me bullied in the past.

I can't wait until karma lays the smack down on you.

Maybe they assumed you knew how to laugh at yourself.

TTOETL: Have a nice life, I didn’t really know you nor ever seen you much so I can’t say I’ll miss you. Good luck though.

TTOnewGSTL - congrats on the promotion! You are definitely a good egg and I love working with you.

TTOnewETL, you can't keep flexing literally everything. I get that shelves look nicer when they aren't empty, but flexing random shit all over the place when we run out of something for one day just makes things a mess for flow to stock the next morning because we have to put everything in the right spots before we can stock what actually goes there. Also if you are going to permanently flex something, you can't just print a new label and call it a day. You have to actually tie/untie the items from the location. This is why the backroom has been an absolute mess since you've got here, because we keep getting stuff in that you've flexed off of the floor, and it still autopulls every day only to have to be backstocked that same day and repeat and repeat.

To all TMs in the store: gird your loins. New STL is going to be happy go lucky thinking everything is great and fine and will question everything. Maybe they’ll throw payroll out the window? But likely going to be a disaster (first STL position that isn’t covering for someone else).

To the TM who kisses ass the TLs and LODs. I know you wanna be a TL and even move up, but don’t talk to other TMs as if you were a TL already. Even the TLs give you the task notes so that you can give tasks to us when the TLs are not there, it doesn’t mean that you are a TL now. Your title doesn’t say that. You are STILL a TM like us. I hate that when you walk around checking our jobs, or give tasks in a bossy voice. Oh btw, you’re only 20. We are older than you, so talk to us with more respect ok?

To the TM who kisses ass the TLs and LODs. I know you wanna be a TL and even move up, but don’t talk to other TMs as if you were a TL already. Even the TLs give you the task notes so that you can give tasks to us when the TLs are not there, it doesn’t mean that you are a TL now. Your title doesn’t say that. You are STILL a TM like us. I hate that when you walk around checking our jobs, or give tasks in a bossy voice. Oh btw, you’re only 20. We are older than you, so talk to us with more respect ok?

I only half agree with this perspective. Typically, if you're trying to go for a leadership position, you have to show that you're capable of the leading the team. That inevitably means acting like a TL. It's annoying sometimes, but who am I to hold someone back? I relate to how you feel, but I also think it's petty to complain.

I only half agree with this perspective. Typically, if you're trying to go for a leadership position, you have to show that you're capable of the leading the team. That inevitably means acting like a TL. It's annoying sometimes, but who am I to hold someone back? I relate to how you feel, but I also think it's petty to complain.

There’s a difference between trying to express the ability to be a TL and treating others in a bossy manner with no respect. Being a TL doesn’t mean you can be bossy towards others. Being a TL means leading others to success and also gaining respect from others. Anyway, thanks for your feedback :)

There’s a difference between trying to express the ability to be a TL and treating others in a bossy manner with no respect. Being a TL doesn’t mean you can be bossy towards others. Being a TL means leading others to success and also gaining respect from others. Anyway, thanks for your feedback :)

I'm hesitant to believe they're being disrespectful. Especially if their motives are to move up. This may not apply to you specifically, but usually these complaints are just based on some emotional reaction because people don't like being told what to do. Especially when they're younger, or newer.

TTOTM: Sweetie, I love you and I think you've lost your mind. You either need a long vacation or a new job, because the stress here is getting to you in a bad, bad way.

TTOpotentialTM: God I hope they don't hire you. I hope they don't interview you. Do you really think a great first impression is made by getting nasty with me when I give the standard spiel for job applicants? Do you really think that one week is enough time for your application to have been reviewed? Do you really think that a particular ETL can just drop everything and come chat with you about your application? From your voice you aren't a kid, you're probably around 30-35, so you should know a lot better than to be angry at the person answering the phone where you want to work when she says that no one is available to talk to you.

TTOTM: Why did you tell someone who put in an application less than a week ago to call back and ask for a particular ETL to talk with about her application? Yeah, I get that job applicants are always touching base and some can get downright pushy about talking to someone with hiring influence and it seems rude to pretty much say "don't call us, we'll call you". But it's easier on everyone to deal with the job applicants right away rather than tell them to call back later.

I'm hesitant to believe they're being disrespectful. Especially if their motives are to move up. This may not apply to you specifically, but usually these complaints are just based on some emotional reaction because people don't like being told what to do. Especially when they're younger, or newer.
Oh, I’m not so sure about that. I’ve seen plenty of younger kids like this who seem to think they have more power than they actually do and it goes to their heads. They have never been taught respect and tact.

Oh, I’m not so sure about that. I’ve seen plenty of younger kids like this who seem to think they have more power than they actually do and it goes to their heads. They have never been taught respect and tact.

And I've seen the opposite.

Of course you have. Because we old farts are just jealous of you young whippersnappers, right?

Do you see the paradox here? Inevitably, my viewpoint is biased as a young person, and your's is biased as an older person.

Fact of the matter is, when trying to become a TL, regardless of age, odds are you're going to try and act like a TL, and you're probably not going to be an asshole about it if you're looking for a promotion. Does that mean it doesn't happen? Of course not. But being in a position where older TMs didn't treat me nicely at first, I'm hesitant to believe older TM's are always welcoming new TL's with open arms. Especially if they're in the "I'm entitled to respect no matter how I act, just because I'm old" mindset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back